• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just like Gemastu was real
I still think it is, just outdated. Note that the Chorus Kids are DLC. Plus, this is picture evidence. It looks credible, and it's incredibly easy to confirm or debunk.

No need for the attitude either.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
If this is fake, it's the best leak I've seen so far. There's nothing really makes me go "look at X, that can't be real"... even if I highly doubt that Dr.Mario would make a return, among other questionable characters being shown.

Still, I always believed Gematsu was fake, so that's not saying much.

I must ask though, what about this leak specifically makes it worthy of a front page article? Pretty sure no other leak has had a thread in the News section dedicated to it and I know how much the Smashboards staff loathe leaks hehe.

EDIT: Dat missing Mii slot tho
EDIT 2: Oh yeah and the human player levels. The debunk team is my favourite group of people on Smashboards <3

Last edited:

gamerjohn1991

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamerjohn1991
3DS FC
5370-1230-7105
IT'S A FAKE!!! IT REALLY IS!!! IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE E3 DEMO!!! I'LL BET THE FINAL VERSION'S ROSTER DESIGN WILL REFLECT THE E3 DEMO FOR THE GAME, AND NOT THESE FAKE LEAKS!!!

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Take what you will from the pictures, I would be disappointed if this were our final roster.

The random stage overlaps slightly with the options for the last picture.

Also there's an image of Bowser with a name of ESRB0083, it might not be significant but ESRB raters don't play the games according to their policy. http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp#17

Last edited:

•Col•

Smash Champion
The biggest thing about this leak that scares me is the number of people writing it off, going 'FAKE'.

I'm reminded of when the Brawl roster was leaked and ROB was in it.. Very similar reactions to this leak. Aka lotsa denial

That being said, plz no Dark Pit. Plz. It's like a Dark Link character.... Only worse, because it's basically a fanfic created character, because it's based off of an alternate color of Pit from Brawl. But it wouldn't surprise me, since the Kid Icarus series is now a brain child of Sakurai, and he'd just be showing DatSakuraiBias once again.. D:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Rosalina's icon looks screwy. The color is wrong and they did a bad zoom job.

I'd also like to question the pic with Ness and Duck Hunt. When have we ever seen CPU's with the human player colors. Their blocks should be grey like the CSS. It's inconsistent.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You obviously haven't seen the image of ness. Look at the upper left image. What if they are picking kirby and the line gets bolder as he does it.
Yes.

You're missing the whole thing:

People think that it could be highlighted for Kirby for the lines to get thicker.
Yes.

I'm aware.

And I've already granted both of your points since before I even posted that image, hence why I didn't type "completely debunked, good day."
I said it's a "heavy hit."
That's it.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I'm going to say this is fake. Mainly because I don't really see why Dr.Mario would be added back at this point, and I don't see the dog from duck hunt to actually be a playable character (but that's just me).

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
The grouping of the characters is very strange. In Melee and Brawl, characters of the same series were placed next to each other. In this Bowser Jr. is next to the other Mario characters however Dr. Mario is right at the bottom.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Well, since its on the front page I suppose you guys are taking this leak very seriously. And I actually dont mind it a lot except for Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, yeesh...

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Can some one explain to me why Ness, Diddy, and DHD have levels when they are human players?

They shouldn't have the colors and have levels. It doesn't work that way. That level spot is where the human player name goes!

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
No metroid zelda or dk newcomers? F*** dat s***!

Seriously though wario and game and watch look godawful, and bowser jr looks ripped straight from other art.

SilverSage

Smash Rookie
Wtf.... I hope they didn't take out Ice Climbers :(
Well as long as they have Pimp Dedede!
It will be very interesting to see how they incorporate Duck Hunt Dog

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Why isn't Kirby transparent, then?
Take a look at this video and compare. Characters selected while the hand is pointing at the coin aren't transparent. When the hands are not pointing and the character selected, they are greyed out. You don't even need to watch the video- look at the thumbnail.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If its legit, I think its missing characters, since Yoshi is lumped in with the Mario characters (Between Bowser and Rosalina), and Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario are far away from their own series locations as well, something Smash has never done.

KatKit

Smash Lord
"This is the fishiest thing I've seen since Zora's Domain."

I always wanted to use that quote. Kudos to whoever I got it from.

On topic, the character placement is off. If that is the roster, it is not the entire roster because it doesn't include the Mii Fighters. Furthermore, Mr. Game and Watch is reaching outside of his character box, which strikes me as odd. The quality of the unconfirmed characters is a bit odd as well. Overall, it seems fake. A for effort. Shout out to Duck Hunt Dog for looking doper than I'd imagine. Baby Bowser looks legit.

Last edited:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
A set of new and possibly legit pictures were posted on 4chan today with what could be the final roster for Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and maybe Wii U. Debate is still ongoing concerning the legitimacy of this leak due to the choice of characters and the general vagueness of leaks.

Could this be the Final Roster?!
It contains all of the characters revealed up until now as well as the following veterans:
  • Wario
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Ganondorf
  • R.O.B.
  • Falco
  • Ness
As well as including newcomers such as:
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Dark Pit
  • Shulk
It features the returning veteran that missed out on Brawl:
  • Dr. Mario
Also, not appearing on this potential final roster is:
  • Ice Climbers
  • Lucas
  • Ivysaur
  • Squirtle
  • Snake
  • Wolf
Those who defend this leak have stated that these character renders look professional and they have never been seen before - especially Ness and the Duck Hunt Dog. Those against the leak cite that the overall quality is inconsistent and other graphical errors such as Wario missing a pupil and Mr. Game and Watch's hand going out of his tile. It is also interesting to note that the Mii Fighter is absent on the select screen. This could either mean it is fake or that the picture consists of a mode where Mii Fighters are not supported which was confirmed to exist during E3 2014.

In addition, this was picture posted on 4chan:

What does the "?" on Mewtwo mean?
A number of other photos were also included in the 4chan post:

The character display screen showing Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Duck Hunt, and Ness.

A screen showing King Dedede, Yoshi, Meta Knight, Shulk, and Luigi.

Same but showing Little Mac, Link, Dr. Mario, Donkey Kong, and King Dedede. Probably before this one.

Along with the potentially leaked roster was the stage select screen. Itshows previously revealed stages such as Golden Plains, Rainbow Road, and Tortimer Island but also reveals some never before seen stages such as a Yoshi stage, a F-Zero stage, Distant Planet, and a Xenoblade stage.

What are some of these stages??
Also potentially leaked was the potential with DLC; citing that the following characters will be included as DLC in the future:
  • Snake
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chorus Men
As with any leak, take it with a grain of salt but this could potentially be our final roster bar DLC additions. For the original post on 4chan, please follow the link below:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/258734312
To discuss more about this potentiual leak, visit the Smash 4 Leak Social:
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/smash-4-leaks.1691/

Venus isn't sure what to think about this but it has gotten him excited! Share in this excitement by following him on Twitter @VenustoBloom. Kudos to @Neo Zero for unearthing this information and organizing it in the Smash 4 Leaks social group.
Fake....type in Dr. Mario in google and look through the images. You will find the 1 they used for this FAKE CSS.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dark Pit? Ya know, Sakurai's bias for the kid icarus series does make the inclusion of dark pit seem like something he would do...
But srsly where's ridley amirightguys?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Now thinking than the most hilarious thing is that Sakurai reveals something that deconfirms this leak in the PoTD that will appear in the following minutes.

EDIT: Well, not on today's pic (Wednesday 20th), but any pic on this week that deconfirms this leak and I' ll laugh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom