• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Melee bi-weekly tournaments at Albany,Ga

Jx31

Smash Ace
We (the Albany crew) are interested in hosting Melee biweeklies (Which will take place on Saturdays at the moment). We pretty much have a venue so I'm making this thread to check out the amount of/create interest.

If anyone has suggestions, questions, or possible dates so these won't happen at the same time as other events in the surrounding areas please post here.

Obviously, if you're interested in coming or looks like you can go to these, please post here.

Jx31

Smash Ace
Host N64 or Brawl biweeklies, then we'll talk.
I honestly don't see the problem with having Brawl biweeklies along with Melee, there should be enough room in the venue for both. I would have to see what the crew thinks about it though since none of us play Brawl,although, plenty of other local players do.

F*ck that?
i will support this but man thats unlikely at least colombus aint too far so ...ya good luck with that
I was hoping Atlanta area players didn't think this would be too far away. :( Hopefully we can generate a high enough turnout to attract people from futher away eventually. : /

Anyone from Alabama or Tallahassee/North Florida looking at this?

edit-pardon my errors, I just got off a done with a double shift at work >.>;.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
lol will 3 hours isnt exactly close im sure you understand our point of view usually its the other way around but i guess thats also because there are a large amount of players in and near atlanta and few in albany and places like that so you guys dont have much choice but too come out here too us in comparison of us coming too you. how ever like i said i totaly support anything melee related and hope you guys can get a decent turnout :)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
3 hours isn't "that" bad of a distance... Savannah is easily 5 (from Columbus anyway) and of course the majority of tournies are roughly 2 for us, and we (used to, I know we laxed in summer but we had reasons/johns) make it to the majority of tournies in GA. Let's show some support. :)

Jx31

Smash Ace
The club needed to run these tournaments should be created this week, Dates and such will follow shortly after.

Hopefully someone will come : /

Top Bottom