• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll Of The Week #3 - Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

Should Sonic Be In The Next Smash?

• Yes, most definitely!

Votes: 315 43.2%
  • No, absolutely not!

Votes: 223 30.5%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 192 26.3%

• Total voters

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Skylink said:
I say Yeah. He'd beee cool, Nintendo made cool smashers out of other charachters (mostly random ones) Why wouldn't they do that w/ sonic?
And they've also made lame smashers out of formerly awesome characters. Like Mewtwo.

And I don't really care if Sonic is in the next game. I'll buy it if he is, and I'll buy it if he's not. That pretty much defines "not caring." What I care more about is the gameplay and use of Revolutionary features in a positive way, and not stupid ones.

evilstrawberry99

Smash Cadet
I agree. if sonic does make it in oh well ill still buy the game. it's not like you HAVE to be sonic no one is forcing you to use him. if you don't like sonic, don't use him it's as simple as that.

kennethpimperton

Smash Rookie
sonic would be a great Idea seeing as how sega wont be making anymore systems! I would also like to see toe jam & earl, rick (from splatterhouse), and especially Megaman!

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I don't understand your arguement Mcfox. Just because Sonic is Marios biggest competitor does not mean he will be in the next smash game. Just because you made a 'viable' moveset doesn't mean he will be in the next smashgame. Just because sega is third party doesn't mean he will be in the next smash game. You seem to be so sure. Please explain yourself better because honestly I don't your reasoning.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Well, basically McFox and Kokichi are just trying to see how many people they can persuade to think sonic should be in SSBR, because they themselves know it's highly improbable and are just testing us for stupidity.

I'm not thinking he should be in, but that doesn't keep me from speculating [ad nauseam] about what would happen if he were.

Nurok said:
Doodah, you're like a cockroach, the mods always step on you but you keep coming back to annoy us.
Someone in this thread has talked about Sonic being in different colors.
Aha, but one day Cockroaches will rule the Earth!!! [with DooDah as Grand Pharoah]

However I have been saddened by the fact of your neural synapses' juxtaposing me, Doodah, and cockroaches. But then again, I'm easily saddened.

kaid

Smash Master
OnYourMark Itsumo said:
Sonic could be a good charcter, but what kind of attacks would he have?
Sonic is a fastfaller
Sonic's jump puts him into his typical spin, visually.
Sonic's Crouch reduces traction. If sonic is moving while in a crouch, he curls up into his ball form. when it finally comes to a halt, then he enters a more conventional crouch-cancel position.

Air-a: Sex kick, visually identical to his jump for mindgame potential. (any early sonic game)
any directional Air move: a littile energy wave slashes over a portion of his spin. These work just like Marth/roys air moves, but with massively shorter ranges. (sonic advance)

A: fire braclet- sonic punches for flame effects (made up, but based off SA2B)
^a: looks like bowser's usmash, using hedghog spines, with power like link's utilt (made up)
<a: fire somersault- sonic does a littile flaming roll on the ground (SA2B)
va: looks like a shorter, faster bowser dsmash, although knockback is like a weaker Fox's dsmash. (made up)

^B: Hidden Bumper: launches sonic upward (any sonic game)
<B: Homing Attack: works like C.Falcon's ^B, but knocks straight away, is aimable to a certian extent, and if it hits he can recover again. (SA2B)
vB: Bounce: sonic spins straight down like yoshi or bowser, but instead of landing lag, he immediately launches back into the air. (Sonic3, SA2B)
B: Fire Tackle: sonic launches foward, surrounded by flame (Sonic 3)

Downsmash: spindash (any 2d sonic game)
Upsmash: Figure 8 dash (Sonic CD)
Sidesmash: (the new move from Sonic Rush)
Dash a: sonic curls into a ball and has a continious hitbox (any 2d sonic game)

Grab: Magic Glove(useless move from SA2B) while being held, a character is shrunk, just like when GW is throwing someone.
grab A: Sonic squeezes the shrunk-character ball
F-Throw: Magic glove throw: Weak, but with a Flat foward trajectory, still shrunk, then they regain normal size and gravity takes over. (SA2B)
^Throw: Sonic Tornado: (from Sonic heros, ack.) Sonic tosses opponent lightly upward, and spins around and makes a Smash64 style tornado with opponent inside. (fastfallers might be able to tech out before the tornado forms, at lower %age)
vThrow: sonic drops them to the ground, then does a spindash charge on them. (based off any 2d sonic game)
B-Throw: Carry: just like Dk's move, except Sonic moves (and falls) faster. (SA2B's Magic glove)

I made this awhile ago.

lightclaw

Smash Rookie
Well, it is super smash brothers melee. so sonic shouldn't be here. If nintendo made it then they wouldn't include sega in it.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
McFox9 said:
I already posted a viable moveset, just check back in the topic.
Doesn't it feel like sometimes we're surrounded by people who don't read, just blab?

kaid

Smash Master
Mine was more complete, using pretty much just moves Sonic used in his games, from the old 2d genisis titles to Sonic Heros (ack!) and Sonic Rush. McFox's seemed limited to SA2B for B moves, and made up about as many moves as SSB Mario had made up. Not nessisarally a negative, but worth mentioning.

Looking back to Page 6, his smashes look interesting, but are comparable to my Shffls. My own smashed could use work- right now, the Figure 8 dash (usmash) doesn't seem to have a hitbox at all.

DooDah

Banned via Administration
BRoomer
People's midsets are like this: "Sonic is cool, and i like him,so he'll be in the next smash".And that's everyone's whole reasoning for believing he'll be in it when rev comes out.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
StripesOrBars
People's midsets are like this: "Sonic is cool, and i like him,so he'll be in the next smash".And that's everyone's whole reasoning for believing he'll be in it when rev comes out.
& the mindsets of people who oppose Sonic being in are like this: "SONIC ISN'T OWNED BY NINTENDO!!! IF THEY ADD A THIRD PARTY CHARACTER TO A SSB GAME ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE & NAZIS RIDING DINOSAURS WILL MARCH THROUGH THE STREETS TERRORIZING CITIES, WHILE EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD STARTS LAUNCHING OFF ALL OF THEIR NUCLEAR WEAPONS, & THEN PEOPLE BEGIN EATING EACHOTHER BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF FOOD!!! THEN THE LOCH NESS MONSTER WILL BE FOUND, NOT IN LOCH NESS, BUT AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN SSB3, CAUSING MORE RIOTING IN THE STREETS UNTIL FINALLY PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO GAUGE THEIR OWN EYES OUT TO KEEP FROM SEEING THE NON-NINTENDO CHARACTERS!!!"

xianfeng

Smash Hero
freeman123 said:
& the mindsets of people who oppose Sonic being in are like this: "SONIC ISN'T OWNED BY NINTENDO!!! IF THEY ADD A THIRD PARTY CHARACTER TO A SSB GAME ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE & NAZIS RIDING DINOSAURS WILL MARCH THROUGH THE STREETS TERRORIZING CITIES, WHILE EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD STARTS LAUNCHING OFF ALL OF THEIR NUCLEAR WEAPONS, & THEN PEOPLE BEGIN EATING EACHOTHER BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF FOOD!!! THEN THE LOCH NESS MONSTER WILL BE FOUND, NOT IN LOCH NESS, BUT AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER IN SSB3, CAUSING MORE RIOTING IN THE STREETS UNTIL FINALLY PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO GAUGE THEIR OWN EYES OUT TO KEEP FROM SEEING THE NON-NINTENDO CHARACTERS!!!"
[sarcasm] well it's true don't you know and the polar ice caps will melt causing a flood [/sarcasm]

kaid

Smash Master
StripesOrBars said:
There's a difference between believing he'll be in, and thinking he should be in.

DooDah

BRoomer
Nurok said:
You're not a Nintendo Representative. You can't say its not happening. Nobody knows until the game actually comes out.
I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just saying no one is sure if Sonic will be in the game. Many people are certain he will be while others definetly think he wont be. I think he will be. Like NKK said, its a matter of opinion.
Kaid: Thank you. Nurok thinks he WILL be in it.

What right does he have to be in a game for "Nintendo Allstars"? What reason could nintendo possibly use to put him in it? Because of some stupid rivalary the 2 had back in the early 90's?(Thins is to Nurok people)

KyUuKyUu

Smash Ace
Hopefully far away from anybody who wants to know
I voted no, mainly because I think some small vestige of that old rivalry still exists and they won't put Sonic in because of it. As well, I agree with the argument "Nay-Sayers have a reason: it's Nintendo all-stars, while the Pro-Sonic people only have 'he SHOULD be in and there's no proof he's NOT'" I just don't THINK he'll be in it, but it'll be cool if he is.

The next Poll Of The Week should be "What will you do if Wavedashing is taken out of SSB3?"

sk84blind2002

robo form

Click Here

RoboForm is an award-winning automated password manager and web form filler with some serious Artificial Intelligence. This is what it does:

• AutoSave passwords in browser.
• AutoFill passwords to login form.
• Click Login button for you.
• Fill personal info into online forms.
• Save offline passwords & notes.
• Generate Secure Random Passwords.
• Encrypt passwords and personal data using AES, Blowfish, RC6, 3-DES or 1-DES algorithms.
• All personal info is stored on your computer only.
• Take RoboForm with you on USB disk for ultimate portability.
• Sync your passwords and notes to Palm or Pocket PC.
• Backup & Restore, Print your passwords.
• More features: drill down for more.
• It is well-behaved: NO ADWARE, NO SPYWARE.
• Works under Windows as an add-on to IE-based browsers.
• Works with Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox under Windows.

Aiser

Smash Lord
freeman123 said:
Marth/Roy where third party I don't see any Nazis and dinosaurs.. I think its safe to say that this perdiction wont happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would love to see him in, but I highly doubt it. Sure, he always has a chance(considering he's quite a known character in the gaming world), but with multiple appearances on the four main console areas(PC, Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony), it seems very unlikely.

As for movesets, let's not forget that they made a fighting game with him in it...two to be exact. Sonic Battle(released first for the USA) gives him multiple moves, and more than enough for a good move set. Sonic The Fighters gives him any excess moves for possible comboes and the such.

Personally, I think that Knuckles or Rouge could have much better moves and better statistics for battle. But that's just me.

Krekko

Smash Apprentice
HyperFalcon said:
Personally, I think that Knuckles or Rouge could have much better moves and better statistics for battle. But that's just me.
The problem with that though, is that they will not get into the game without Sonic himself. Its like having Luigi in the game and no Mario to play or having Falco in the game and not having Fox.

DooDah

BRoomer
Hey wait! Sega helped make F-Zero AX for arcade, and there's no Sonic or Sega characters in it.Capcom made The Legend of Zelda 4 Swords and Minish Cap and Ryu or MegaMan or anyother Capcom characters aren't in it.Nintendo is way too proud to showcase other companies characters in their games.....can N E 1 name a game where Nintendo has characters from any other 3rd party developer or even publisher?

kaid

Smash Master
StripesOrBars said:
What right does he have to be in a game for "Nintendo Allstars"? What reason could nintendo possibly use to put him in it? Because of some stupid rivalary the 2 had back in the early 90's?(Thins is to Nurok people)
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was only Melee that mentioned "All-Stars." SSB, if I remember correctly, was just "Heros." So the statement is provably flexible.

Also, it's not just that they were rivals- they were Icons of gaming. But in the face of the Sony megacorp's effectively unlimited resources, and no iconic mascot, (polygon man was quiedly swept under the rug before the PS made it to the states) the videogame console market suddenly became far higher stakes. Sega quietly withdrew after the Dreamcast flopped, but nintendo persisted even after the N64 cost them their mature audience.

The Icon of Sonic lives yet, though, and has been gravatating toward their ancient rival- uniting in the face of two goliaths. And the chance to put them in the same game, expecially to test their strengths against each other, is something both Sonic Team and Nintendo have mentioned in interviews as being a good idea. The Smash Bros Franchise is the perfect platform for such a clash of the titans, and the EGM April Fools issue shows just how deep the fan reaction to that would be.

"The All-Star Brawl is on! Play as your favorite Nintendo and Sega characters in the greatest clash of all time- Now Online!"

(note: I voted "I dont care," but really, Sonic deserves INTELIGENT support, not just a bunch of people who don't know what "3rd Party" means.)

EDIT:
to S&B
Star Fox Assault (the flags are from a Namco game, and includes the old Namco arcade game in it's entirety, as unlockable content), and the GBA Mario cart.(packman and the ghosts. Nuff said) Admittedly, those are both Namco, but Capcom, Atari, and Sega are all "old skool" enough to join against the monolithic titans of Sony and M$.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
nooooo keep him out! it would look too wierd if he was in, and plus hes not nintendo --;;

DooDah

BRoomer
kaid said:
Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was only Melee that mentioned "All-Stars." SSB, if I remember correctly, was just "Heros." So the statement is provably flexible.

Also, it's not just that they were rivals- they were Icons of gaming. But in the face of the Sony megacorp's effectively unlimited resources, and no iconic mascot, (polygon man was quiedly swept under the rug before the PS made it to the states) the videogame console market suddenly became far higher stakes. Sega quietly withdrew after the Dreamcast flopped, but nintendo persisted even after the N64 cost them their mature audience.

The Icon of Sonic lives yet, though, and has been gravatating toward their ancient rival- uniting in the face of two goliaths. And the chance to put them in the same game, expecially to test their strengths against each other, is something both Sonic Team and Nintendo have mentioned in interviews as being a good idea. The Smash Bros Franchise is the perfect platform for such a clash of the titans, and the EGM April Fools issue shows just how deep the fan reaction to that would be.

"The All-Star Brawl is on! Play as your favorite Nintendo and Sega characters in the greatest clash of all time- Now Online!"

(note: I voted "I dont care," but really, Sonic deserves INTELIGENT support, not just a bunch of people who don't know what "3rd Party" means.)

EDIT:
to S&B
Star Fox Assault (the flags are from a Namco game, and includes the old Namco arcade game in it's entirety, as unlockable content), and the GBA Mario cart.(packman and the ghosts. Nuff said) Admittedly, those are both Namco, but Capcom, Atari, and Sega are all "old skool" enough to join against the monolithic titans of Sony and M$.
For one, Sega went bankrupt, they had no choice but to drop out.Obviously Nintendo didn't drop out. Nintendo had and still has so much money its not even funny. They will not ever drop out.

And if you haven't realized,Nintendo doesn't give it's consumers what they want.They give them what they think the customer will begin to like. Example you ask??? Wind Waker. Everyone was extremely skeptikal about it.And it was AWESOME. The DS.Two Screens???WTF? . Now it's the only thing that is actually selling for nintendo. And of course, the revolution....who seen that 1 coming? The controller, and the controlerr,and not to mention the controller. Just cuz "Fans" want Sonic in it,doesnt mean he will be in it, above anyother third party's character. We don't even know the who the other deleloper(3rd party) is that's working with Nintendo and HAL(2nd party,*****)

And in StarFox Assualt that's still no in game characters, just another game.And no pacman and ghosts are not playable in mariokart supercircuit.

kaid

Smash Master
Nintendo's net worth is a drop in the bucket compared to Sony and M$. As for giving the customers what they want... GB Micro. Rev Shell. Twilight Princess.

I make no claim that Sonic WILL be in, I just feel he SHOULD be. If ANY third party characters are incuded, Sonic stands the best chance, with Megaman being second.

And you didn't state 'playable' as a requirement when you asked the question- you just said "has"

DooDah

BRoomer
Twighlight Princess isn't even out yet, for all we know the game could suck(doubtful).

I do however agree that it would be cool if Sonic were in it. Cuz that would mean Vectorman could be a possibilty.But it won't happen.

Where are the ghosts and pacman in Super Curcit?

The next poll question should be "What 3rd party character do you want in the next smash>?"

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
this is different from my post above. I pasted this instead of putting the link cuz you'll never find it on the page so here it is:

Nintendo Power recently released the results of a poll for the character subscribers most wanted in the next Super Smash Bros. It is interesting to note that one of the most popular choices was Sonic and Tails. They were followed closely by Tekken's Jin Kazama, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Cloud Strife and Mortal Kombat's hero Liu Kang and the four armed enforcer, Goro, Nightmare, Pac-Man, and Viewtiful Joe

KeepSpeedN

Smash Ace
i voted yes i think sonic should be in the next game along with tails it wouldn't make ssense but i wanna se how it would go down lol. sonic= da man

DooDah

BRoomer
smashbros_777 said:
this is different from my post above. I pasted this instead of putting the link cuz you'll never find it on the page so here it is:

Nintendo Power recently released the results of a poll for the character subscribers most wanted in the next Super Smash Bros. It is interesting to note that one of the most popular choices was Sonic and Tails. They were followed closely by Tekken's Jin Kazama, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro the Dragon, Cloud Strife and Mortal Kombat's hero Liu Kang and the four armed enforcer, Goro, Nightmare, Pac-Man, and Viewtiful Joe
Ninendo power is biased. Yo can't rely on them for anything. They don't even review games right. They could give a game a 1 out of 5 and in the review they'd still only tell you about the upsides to the game. Spyro???? obviously there's something wrong there if Spyro the dragon was one of the top.Nintendo's average reader must be like 6 years old.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
StripesOrBars
Ninendo power is biased.
So they're biased towards other people's characters? I'm sure NP was really biased towards Liu Kang & that's why he got on the poll....

StripesOrBars
Spyro???? obviously there's something wrong there if Spyro the dragon was one of the top. Nintendo's average reader must be like 6 years old.
Wtf are you talking about? How is Spyro any more 'kiddy' then half of the first party Nintendo characters?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
freeman123 said:
So they're biased towards other people's characters? I'm sure NP was really biased towards Liu Kang & that's why he got on the poll....

Wtf are you talking about? How is Spyro any more 'kiddy' then half of the first party Nintendo characters?
yes because captain falcon, the fire emblem characters, link and others are so kiddy right

Top Bottom