• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:
lordhelmet - Meta Knight
Mad Ally - DDD
teluoborg - Marth || May have voted in another board

Player-3

Smash Hero
since falcons only viable in low tiers

imo learn the ditto since EVERYBODY PLAYS FALCON AND HE ***** LOW TIER ANYWAYS

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Falcon Boards lol.

Most popular character = MK
One of our worst MUs = MK

Kind of a no-brainer. Except in Michigan, ICs is the most important MU to know.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i dont know what the **** people play as in washington, so my vote is invalid atmq

Lionman

Smash Champion
The Low tiers match ups the one to learn depends of your country, if your coutry has an amazing yoshi learn the yoshi one because the other ones cant cause you many troubles if you know to play with Falcon.

If you want to beat a top tier character use a mid-top character, Falcon is a waste of time, you wont beat a MK like Kaos, M2K or Dojo using Falcon

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Marth or Wario.
Because you'll meet them often in tourny and they're the least-worse of Falcon's top tier matchups (that doesn't count Glutonny's Wario).
Maybe you can count Snake too because Falcon is good against bad Snakes (lol the reason).
For the other top/mid MU just pick up a secondary.

Just choosing one is too hard :/

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Half Marth, Half Wario.
Ma-rio.

I'm a genius.

(Marth because it probably needs more matchup knowledge).

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Well in reality I guess it boils down to what everyone has said so far. Depends on what character is played the most. I would change my vote to metaknight then. Even though I consider it pretty important to learn the wario match-up as someone said he's one of our top tier "easy" match-ups and he is pretty common. We also have a lot of options on him as opposed to metaknight where it's "well ****... everything we throw gets out prioritized."

vote - Wario. Let's try to reach some common ground here guys.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Pikachu. If you don't know this match-up, you're pretty much done for in competitive matches with people who want to win in the cheapest ways possible. Then again, lol, even if you do learn it, it probably won't help too much. The match-up is just that bad.

So I'll go ahead and say know your stuff on Wario. Victory is actually in reach with him if you know the basics.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Pikachu. If you don't know this match-up, you're pretty much done for in competitive matches with people who want to win in the cheapest ways possible. Then again, lol, even if you do learn it, it probably won't help too much. The match-up is just that bad.

So I'll go ahead and say know your stuff on Wario. Victory is actually in reach with him if you know the basics.
I'm gonna go with Pikachu....Wario is easy compared to Pikachu or Marth...and Marth's moveset isn't as annoying as Pikachu's IMO.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
MK .

Then Snake, Marth, IC's, Diddy, DDD, falco, GnW, pikachu.
Though learning the matchup only gets you 'so' far.

Then the rest of the roster.

Then the ditto.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
Is a really hard matchup. Use AC Dair, Bair, and take advantage when they are in the air. You have to be really patient in this matchup. Run a lot lol

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Is a really hard matchup. Use AC Dair, Bair, and take advantage when they are in the air. You have to be really patient in this matchup. Run a lot lol
Only use AC Dair to punish though.

Or else you'll get punished hard

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
Wario's got all these pokes n such you gotta worry about....so you really can't be too aggressive....just like most matchups that don't favor Captain Falcon, running is a good part of the MU.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
MK.

Many characters on the roster show traits that MK has. Just one of the reasons why MK is king. Knowing MK's matchup the most is probably gonna take you a bit farther than you'd have thought.

But,

whether you know it or not

he's still gonna butt**** you

Top Bottom