• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I really feel bad for Sonic mains. In my opinion, nothing is wrong with the character, both in and out of Smash; there are much more infuriating characters to face than someone who is just fast.
It seems that alot of players dislike Sonic in smash mainly because his speed allows him to punish every little mistake they make, while not taking any punishment himself. This can frustrate many people. He can also be pretty tough to combo due to a plethora of escape tactics he possesses.

There are also people who hate the character overall. Some even extend that hatred to people who choose to play him. I've met a few like this.

Sonic mains are met with alot of hostility, no doubt.

Last edited:

Passcety

Smash Rookie
On for glory teams a guy and I weren't doing so hot against someone who kept going "LOL" "AWFUL" and kept flashing "MLGGMR" along with other things. When we beat their team, she stuck "FINALLY" there for a while. Teammate and I left

Then 1-on-1 I got joined up with this guy with default name SALTY? Beat him once, changes his name to CUTE, beats me twice and leaves

People gotta relax

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
I was bored the other day, so I was playing For Glory with character set to random. I got Greninja with whom I simply can't play, and faced a pretty decent Mario who quite easily 2 stocked me.

He then set his name to this: "I CAME IN", "LIKE A", "WRECKING", "BALL LOL", "U MAD?" and then left.

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
This Ganondorf got pretty vicious verbally (textually?) against me. Dude. Characters with bad recovery trying to edgeguard Pit/DP are fully responsible for any SDs on their end.

I did have to put down Sm4sh and play Tomodachi Life for a bit though.

wizrad

Smash Journeyman
NNID
nin10L3ro
3DS FC
4871-4875-5333
I only get called names when I win, which is sad because I always compliment the player who beat me.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Another one, but sadly, this one did not have a happy ending...

People that use the same character as you to rub it in your face are the worst kind of players. I don't care how skilled they are.

Hopped on FG for some Sonic action, got put up against a Ness player who was decent. He ended winning with a good gimp on my recovery, so I accepted my defeat and pressed on. He seemed like a nice player.

Nope. Things took a turn for the worse.

He brings in Sonic and he knew what he was doing with him too. He takes the first stock and taunts 3 times immediately after. It then became clear to me that he was one of....them, one of the worst kind of players to encounter online.

I ended up losing to him, and he made sure to use that last taunt after the KO. I saw that he was saving a replay, but I left before he returned to the CSS. I knew he was gonna leave some nasty tag, I know those people when I see them. I had to play something else after that. Moments like that are just soul-crushing.

It saddens me that some of these people get enjoyment purely out of being jerks to others who just want to have fun.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
This is definitely the worst.

I once had a guy that wasn't especially good. He took Zelda, and suddenly it was laggy as ****. Imput lags everywhere. It is sooooooo frustrating to know exactly what he will do (badly), how to punish it, and not be able to do a single thing, and he looks like he doesn't mind the horrible lag at all.

This guy left with a single ":)". It's exactly because it's not an insult that it's becomes insulting! :laugh:

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
I'm honestly pretty lucky tag wise in that I don't get insulted very much. At most I'll get a 'LOL' or 'GG' to celebrate fun kills and stuff.
I think once I got called a spammer by Falco because I bothered using his laser against him at opportune moments. That got me a win and said insult. Heh, okay. Sure, using a laser a few times without you reflecting makes me a spammer. Okay then.

I think the only other time I clearly got insulted was in For Glory teams where I was (admittedly) not all that good at the time. This poor Little Mac sucker player kept getting stuck with me and eventually literally said 'GG_U_Suck' or something like that. (This was back when I always had GG as my tag since it was short for Gamin'Gal) It wasn't anything horrible, but I've never really felt like teams since.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Came into a room and was met with this: http://imgur.com/SIh2SNw i didn't think much of it at first.

This idiot thought he was the best around or something. Just another uninspired Robin player who uses rolling as movement, with some good lag to back him up. xD After the first match ( i just sd'd twice to end the lag Hell) this guy has the nerve to put this-- http://imgur.com/mADW1al along with other tags like "ur bad" "trash'' then i swear, 'character OP'
I was using Peach?

Anyways all was great to hear, because i was using a character ive only been using for about a week. So I switched to my Samus. And he goes...Zelda? With the same laughable 'strat' as his Robin. Honestly it's disgusting to see one of my Mains being used so poorly by some prick. Anyways i land a bair and he dies. Coming back he tries to FaroresWind me from the respawn platform, but misses by a mile and Sd's....the irony was delicious.

I just put up the tag "pffffft" and he just left. LEL

DEE END

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Came into a room and was met with this: http://imgur.com/SIh2SNw i didn't think much of it at first.

This idiot thought he was the best around or something. Just another uninspired Robin player who uses rolling as movement, with some good lag to back him up. xD After the first match ( i just sd'd twice to end the lag Hell) this guy has the nerve to put this-- http://imgur.com/mADW1al along with other tags like "ur bad" "trash'' then i swear, 'character OP'
I was using Peach?

Anyways all was great to hear, because i was using a character ive only been using for about a week. So I switched to my Samus. And he goes...Zelda? With the same laughable 'strat' as his Robin. Honestly it's disgusting to see one of my Mains being used so poorly by some prick. Anyways i land a bair and he dies. Coming back he tries to FaroresWind me from the respawn platform, but misses by a mile and Sd's....the irony was delicious.

I just put up the tag "pffffft" and he just left. LEL

DEE END
I know exactly how you feel, right down to the Robin player part. In my case, I had someone switch to Robin after they labelled me a "COWARD" for being one. They clearly didn't know what they were doing, and just threw out Arcfires and Thorons like no tomorrow. It made me feel very smart to win!

I never use insulting tags, because I know how it feels to get them. When the barrage continued though, I switched to Wario, and used his laughter taunt 3 times in a row after the first KO. The best revenge is the calmest. :)

By the way, Robin and Samus? Good choices! I've mained Robin for ages, and I'm just trying out Samus as a secondary now.

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
I know exactly how you feel, right down to the Robin player part. In my case, I had someone switch to Robin after they labelled me a "COWARD" for being one. They clearly didn't know what they were doing, and just threw out Arcfires and Thorons like no tomorrow. It made me feel very smart to win!

I never use insulting tags, because I know how it feels to get them. When the barrage continued though, I switched to Wario, and used his laughter taunt 3 times in a row after the first KO. The best revenge is the calmest. :)

By the way, Robin and Samus? Good choices! I've mained Robin for ages, and I'm just trying out Samus as a secondary now.
Yeah anyone who spends that much time making petty jabs into tags is pathetic. But they are probably ten year olds for all i know. xD Its always fun in the end. But yeah those FG Robins give Robin players a bad name.

I dont really use Robin. He was using Robin. Samus is my kind of deal. xD I've used Samus since day one and i will say she can be cancer in lag. So she's a good 'FG capable' character especially in this situation 'xD Lol wario. Good pick for the troll taunts alone haha. But have fun learning Samus. ^_^ She may get alot of flak, but if you practice and play smart she can get stuff done. haha

D

Deleted member

I went back to For Glory for the first time in a while.

I fought this Falco and he was pretty OK. He tried going for dairs too much, but he managed to beat my Pikachu.
So I switched to Luigi and I beat him.
Near the end of the match, he hit me with Falco's side B and meteored me. He taunted thinking I was dead.
...However, we livin'. So I ended his second stock with a Super Jump Punch.

Afterwards, he got very, very salty.
He called me "BRAIN DEAD" for playing as Luigi and he told me to "STEP IT UP". I responded with "LOL" and "SALT" and left the room.
I know people hate Luigi, but don't call me brain dead for playing as Luigi. If I was truly brain dead, I wouldn't have won that match with two stocks remaining.

Last edited by a moderator:

King of koopas

Smash Rookie
NNID
Speed Brony
3DS FC
1032-2019-6021
Did anybody here get called names after they lost?

Sheesh I was hoping for some kind of sob stories here but apparently I'm the only loser around here -_-
Yeah, I was playing FG (as you've probably guessed by now) He was actually really good. After I lost game 1 he called me fat and told me to gtfo and to get a life kid. and this kept going after game 2 but then I started figuring his pattern out and he still acted like he destroyed me. I went 5-0 before he ragequit.

ATS Alex

The Laziest of Lazybutts
NNID
AlexTheShinigami
I was playing Falcon one day on FG 1v1 got matched against a ROB main.
Not gonna Lie, he was pretty good, it was a close match too, but I ended it with a raptor boost when we were both at around 100%

Proceeded to call my character easy to use and cheap, called me a scrub and left. :c

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Classic For Glory.<3 Lmao what a jack ass. There was more tags but i can only put up 3 files so yeah. This sums it up pretty well. First few matches after a loss, he'd put " wiimote :/ " I knew he was one of "those" players (played Tryhard Falcon, and taunted whenever he'd hit me off stage. He Also played a god awful Falco.) so after awhile i just put "Sure" in the face of his johnz...and it happened. lmao

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Then of course i proceeded to beat him senseless with MY Falco with the ":D" tag. lol. How fun.

Last edited:

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
I fought a Rosalina who did nothing but hit :GCA: and :GCD::GCB: (NOT exaggerating, he only did this, up b, grab, and one smash attack) and roll when he lost Luma. Like literally just roll across the stage over and over and mix things up a bit when I got close so I whiffed stuff. (his tag was "dabuzzz")

Whenever he knocked me off the stage he'd do the sparkly bow taunt and when he killed me he'd do the "mhmm" taunt.
After the match he started alternating his tag between "LOLOLOL" and "LOLOLOLOL" and then just left.

Rosalinas....

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Happened to my friend once when he absolutely destroyed this player with his Link. Kid changed his tag to "DISRESPECT" and picked Link with the same green tunic my friend uses.
Hoo boy, the whoopin' was serious.

Now, as for me...mmm...I get a lot of people that pick the same character as I do when I beat them once. Otherwise, I don't think I've had tag insults. Or I just don't remember them because they were insignificant to my brain RAM and I just block it out by default...o3o

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
Last night I was playing as Palutena. Was enjoying playing against some british kid a couple matches, we were sort of even and none of us taunted, so I thought he was a nice guy. After my 5th win he suddenly set his tags to "GET GOOD", "TRYHARDER", "UR BAD" and then proceeded to play with the "UR BAD" taunt the next game.

I then did what I usually do after someone does this to me: I changed character to Mega Man (we even fought on Wily's Castle). I 2 stocked him, and after that game, I set my tags to: "MEGA MAN!!", "SUPER", "FIGHTING", "ROBOT!!!!!", "FIGHTING", "TO SAVE", "THE WORLD!". I expected more rude tags from him, but time ran out so we ended up fighting again. We both set our tags back to our regular names before that, though.

After I 2 stocked him again, I expected more rude tags. But he did something completely unexpected. He set "LMAO", "goodone", "mademyday", "D1ftw", "sorry4salt" and left.

Too good!

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Last night I was playing as Palutena. Was enjoying playing against some british kid a couple matches, we were sort of even and none of us taunted, so I thought he was a nice guy. After my 5th win he suddenly set his tags to "GET GOOD", "TRYHARDER", "UR BAD" and then proceeded to play with the "UR BAD" taunt the next game.

I then did what I usually do after someone does this to me: I changed character to Mega Man (we even fought on Wily's Castle). I 2 stocked him, and after that game, I set my tags to: "MEGA MAN!!", "SUPER", "FIGHTING", "ROBOT!!!!!", "FIGHTING", "TO SAVE", "THE WORLD!". I expected more rude tags from him, but time ran out so we ended up fighting again. We both set our tags back to our regular names before that, though.

After I 2 stocked him again, I expected more rude tags. But he did something completely unexpected. He set "LMAO", "goodone", "mademyday", "D1ftw", "sorry4salt" and left.

Too good!
I must admit, I've never heard of anyone repenting for their FG sin. Those tags though; I'd drop the salt and burst out laughing too XD

Charu

Smash Cadet

Too good!
This has got to be the best thing I've ever read. Thank you for sharing.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
LOL Today I fought a stun beam -> d-throw Zero Suit Samus that tea bagged when they took my first stock. They accidentally d-aired offstage and I [technically] won the first match. I fight them again and they screw up their tether grab which also made me win. In between the 2nd and 3rd match he changes his name to "YAWN" (he acted like he was dominating me even though I beat him twice).

For the 3rd match he goes full fireball -> d-throw Luigi and I manage to beat him while hanging on to my second stock. On the CSS he keeps changing his name to "GET FIOS" and "NICE LAG" (even though there was just about no lag and he seemed to be playing just fine). I just said "LOL" and "SO SALTY" and left this clown.

Seriously, if I was lagging why the heck did he stay to fight me for 3 matches? For Glory players confuse me sometimes :dizzy:

Last edited:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Please people, stop sharing embarassing replays of me. They hurt more than the name tags. :(

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Please people, stop sharing embarassing replays of me. They hurt more than the name tags. :(
How does that work? After you lose (I am assuming they share replays of your loses), they share the replay with you? I didn't know that was possible.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
How does that work? After you lose (I am assuming they share replays of your loses), they share the replay with you? I didn't know that was possible.
I think what he means is that the other person posts replays of him losing on either the in-game replay share service or on Youtube, so that anyone can view it (and usually with an attention grabber title like "WORST PLAYER EVER!").

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think what he means is that the other person posts replays of him losing on either the in-game replay share service or on Youtube, so that anyone can view it (and usually with an attention grabber title like "WORST PLAYER EVER!").
Oh geez... I just checked YouTube for videos with my in-game username and I found nothing. Thankfully xD

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I forgot about the YouTube service. Why do I get the feeling I'm in.a montage video somewhere? Like Alpharads, where the opponents are insulted..? :(

Seb9k+

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seb9kplus
I still don't get what you mean by sharing. Do you mean that people on your friend list share replays of you losing? I tried to go on share and see what options there are, but there's no way to like, search for your username or such...

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
I still don't get what you mean by sharing. Do you mean that people on your friend list share replays of you losing? I tried to go on share and see what options there are, but there's no way to like, search for your username or such...
There isn't a way to search for yourself specifically, but I'm from a place where not that many replays are added, so when someone does share one of you, it's easy to spot it. Same goes for other neighbouring countries to me.

Last edited:

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
Some sonic **** just hovers above my head like they're ****ing kirby or some **** and just uses springs. ****ing **** won all because that idiot can stall the game to sudden death which is absurd. This is absolutely why I hate for glory. Not going on it again after this **** I've went through. And he even had the guts to say "USUK" and "URBAD". Up b spamming sonics.... Geez what the hell is wrong with these players to be this ******** on a multitude of levels.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People hate me for beating them with Diddy. Salty scrubs don't even know Hoo-Hah is basically non existant now but whatever...

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I played Smash for the first time in a month and it was the first time I played For Glory in like...4 months.

I played a Pikachu named "PKMN_MASTER"
After I beat him, he called me "FAGT", "BAD", "NIGER" and said "BS"

I love this game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just now, I was having some fun Rosalina ditto matches with this guy who goes by the name Tyrese with the tag "IMBLACK" (...lovely...and I'm Mexicano). Technically, I'm not a fan of ditto matches like this but it sure does bring some humorous results from it. We went down for three rounds, all of which I was the superior Rosalina. I decided three ditto matches was enough for me so I switched to Mega Man while he was still Rosalina...and it wasn't until the start of our fourth round when I noticed he had changed his tag to "BUTUSUCK". Sheesh, way to ruin the fun with your unnecessary salt, pal. :ohwell:

Well, I'm going back to playing some other games and finish those.

Last edited:

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
Play Little Mac for a few games. You'll get so many insults hurled towards you, you'd swear you were playing on Xbox Live.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Play Little Mac for a few games. You'll get so many insults hurled towards you, you'd swear you were playing on Xbox Live.
Surprisingly, I haven't had any insults at all whenever I played as Little Mac whenever I win or lose. But then again, these types of issues are pretty rare for me mainly because I don't play Smash very often.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Today I faced a Pac-man named "gc". The moment he entered the room he changed his tag to "LOL N-word". I dunno if it's cause my mii is black or if he just likes greeting strangers that way.

Anyway we played a game he was okay, although it was a pretty easy win. After I beat him he changed his tag from "LOL N-word" to "NICESPAM" and then to "HANGURSELF" before he left.

It was an interesting experience.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
As a Link main (or any other projectile based character) I've been accused of the criminal act that is known none other than...

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Only own 3ds but if for some reason I get into someone's Wii U(wich means I make a new usertag so have no for glory records, wich pairs me agaisnt a buncha casual players before the game steps it up somewhat) I usually win like 80% of my matches and a lot of times I get tags like ''GOT LUCKY'' ''UR BAD'' ''CHEAP''

I don't know how exactly you can be cheap while playing Kirby so... okay.

There was this nice girl though who I played agaisnt for a long while and even though she was kinda... getting destroyed by me she circled the tags ''GOOD'' ''PLAYER'' '':3'' wich was a breath of fresh air between all the salt to actually see someone commending me and ACTUALLY staying and trying to learn from the whole thing. We need more peeps like that.

I do get salt in 3DS tho, people who ragequit. mirror your character after losing and play horribly or do useless moves, etc.

Okay that is just golden hahaha

Last edited:
Top Bottom