• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Tournament Gets Some Additions

Rambeard

Smash Apprentice
I'm REALLY hoping Nintendo announces a Wii U port for this at E3 this year.

D

Deleted member

Of all the Pokemon they could put in Tekken the rat and Suicune? At least Gardevoir is in.
Suicune is awesome and Pikachu, being the Pokemon mascot and most widely recognized Pokemon in the world, was obviously getting in. Why does this surprise you?

xzx

Smash Lord
Love this game already. <3 Seriously, I can't wait for it to get released. *.*

... Wait, Pikachu, what are you doing to Suicune??

D

Deleted member

According to who? You do realize that Pikachu is not going to fight the same way in this game as he does in Smash, right?

This isn't Tekken anyway. It is Pokemon, and it would be stupid of them not to include their mascot/most popular character.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
According to who? You do realize that Pikachu is not going to fight the same way in this game as he does in Smash, right?

This isn't Tekken anyway. It is Pokemon, and it would be stupid of them not to include their mascot/most popular character.
Of course I know Pikachu won't play the same as Smash, and from the very beggining I thought they were going to shoehorn him in because he is Pikachu. Is just that the rat is in a super badass Pokemon fighting game.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
"Lugia seems to be just fine with watching."

Lewd.

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64
Why do I feel Charizard is going to be the Flying type revealed. I mean, popularity and 2 mega forms (obvious they're gonna use Zard-X).

I'm more surprised no-one has mentioned him yet.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Why do I feel Charizard is going to be the Flying type revealed. I mean, popularity and 2 mega forms (obvious they're gonna use Zard-X).

I'm more surprised no-one has mentioned him yet.
It's too obvious to mention :p

Wes762

Smash Cadet
NNID
wes762
I really want this game to be ported onto the Wii U and released in the US. I really want to play as my favorite Pokemon, Gardevoir.
...Don't judge.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I really want this game to be ported onto the Wii U and released in the US. I really want to play as my favorite Pokemon, Gardevoir.
...Don't judge.
You do realize that putting in "... Don't judge." in basically anything hangs a red flag for judgement, right?

Anyway. That Machamp color. Weird. Lugia confirmed to have Ridley's syndrome. (Now I want it playable)

Really sketchy color choices though, too much red... Wait. Red?

Marthmario

Smash Lord
You do realize that putting in "... Don't judge." in basically anything hangs a red flag for judgement, right?

Anyway. That Machamp color. Weird. Lugia confirmed to have Ridley's syndrome. (Now I want it playable)

Really sketchy color choices though, too much red... Wait. Red?
Red confirmed top tier.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
As a Charizard main... the lack of shiny Zard dissapoints me.
Closest you're going to get for Zard's shiny look is the purple alt (at least in Smash).

Lucario's red alt is what he should have gotten for Brawl & Sm4sh instead of Sakurai going lazy route with his alts.

MrKandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
xBingox
I do not know exactly what this is, but I do not care. I will get it and I will play the living feces out of it.

I saw Pokemans In the pictures. Pokeman is love. Pokeman is life.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I still don't get why they didn't include any shiny recolors in Sm4sh. I can understand Pikachu and Jiggs not getting them since they're pretty similar, but everyone else had good alt potential.
Actually, they did include shiny colorations for most of them. Pikachu, Mewtwo (at least in Melee) and Greninja have theirs; and Charizard, despite not having his modern shiny coloration, has his version from G/S:

So technically, the only ones without a shiny coloration are Jigglypuff and Lucario. The former makes up with the hats from other pokemon characters.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
Did you just call Suicune a he? I'm pretty sure it's a she. If it's not, i'll just go over to the corner.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I hope each type gets some sort of representation. As for Pokemon, I'd like to see any of the following:

Gengar (ghost/Poison)
Toxicroak (poison/fighting)
Emboar (fire/fighting)
Charizard (fire/flying)
Hawlucha (fighting/flying)
Shiftry (Grass/Dark)
Zoroark (Dark)
Aegioslash (Steel/Ghost)
Barbarnicle (Rock/Water)
Greninja (Water/Dark)
Pyroar (Fire/Normal)
Meloetta (Normal/Psychic)
Bisharp (Dark/Steel)
Beartic (Ice)
Haxorus (Dragon)
Galvantula (Bug/Electric)
Gothitelle (Psychic)
Krookadile (Ground/Dark)
Scolippede (Bug/Poison)
Conkeldurr (Fighting)
Gigalith (Rock)
Zebrastrika (Electric)
Rotom (Electric/Ghost)
Magmortor (Fire)
Abomasnow (Grass/Ice)
Garchomp (Dragon/Ground)
Lopunny (Normal)
Tortererra (Grass/Ground)
Latia (Dragon/Psychic)
Latios (Dragon/Psychic)
Deoxys (Psychic)
Absol (Dark)
Aggron (Steel/Rock)
Hariyama (Fighting)
Sceptile (Grass)
Heracross (Bug/Fighting)
Feraligatr (Water)
Jigglypuff (Fairy)
Meowth (Normal)
Alakazam (Pyshcic)
Hitmonlee (Fighting)
Hitmonchan (Fighting)
Scizor (Bug/Steel)
Mewtwo (Psychic)

I kind of typed Pokemon I wanted but then did it in generation reverse.

However, of that massive list, I would like to see the most:

Garchomp, Alakazam, Gengar, Toxicroack, Hawlucha, Pyroar, Galvantula. Scolipede, and Rotom as they would be very interesting additions to the roster.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I think the aquarium is going to be my favorite stage, unlike the rest of the world I actually love water levels in video games or anything associated with the ocean in general.

I love swimming, I love the beach, I love seafood, my favorite race in the Zelda series are the Zoras, Vaporeon is one of my all time favorite Pokemon, and my preferred copy ability in Kirby's Return to Dreamland was in fact, Water Kirby.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It's interesting that, so far, the levels are not based off from the Pokemon series.

The farm town (normal)
Volcano (Fire)
Aquarium (water)

I guess its safe to assume that levels may be based off typings?

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
It's interesting that, so far, the levels are not based off from the Pokemon series.

The farm town (normal)
Volcano (Fire)
Aquarium (water)

I guess its safe to assume that levels may be based off typings?
I'm fairly certainthey're original locations created specifically for this game. Maybe for plot reasons?

Top Bottom