• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Tournament Gets Some Additions

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Recently, Pokken Tournament just had a bombshell announcement in the form of new characters. Well, there’s even more great news today. At location tests in Japan, players have discovered a new stage and new color options for the characters that have been announced. Check out these new additions in the images below.

Lugia seems to be just fine with watching.

Feel the Aura (in red)!

Grace in a Red Dress.

Suicune takes a more... icy approach to his coloring.

Resurrection?

Wow! That’s some quality work put into these new additions! It appears that the latest stage will be inside of an underwater dome with Lugia, Wailord and other Pokemon swimming around outside of the dome. It is also reported that there is a Pikachu outfit with blue shorts.

Are you excited by these additions? Hit me up at @ Marthmario Marthmario to discuss.

Source: Serebii.net

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Interesting, though recolors are to be expected ( not that I ever thought about
it. )

Also I was almost first >: (

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I can't wait for the green shiny recolors. :troll:

Soul.

Those colors are looking good.
Lugia in the background though, lol. Didn't really expect that.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
I for one am so excited for this game's eminent console release. Finally (aside from Smash), Nintendo is going to have a true traditional-ish fighting game with one of their greatest franchises. This is my personal favorite and it's looking phenomenal so far. So anxious to find out the full roster. SOO MANNY CHOICES!!! :crazy: It's gonna be awesome. A great fusion of many games, such as: Tekken, Naruto Ninja Storm and MvC. I'm interested in if they will ACTUALLY follow true Pokémon statistics to influence battle performance. Aside from that, the graphics are beautiful and it looks like much love is being out into it.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Apex P0XX
The year is P0XX. Pokken fighters is one of the most hypest touraments to date in Apex.
Everyone plays Lucario at TAS levels of perfection, as the aura mechanic is too strong for the rest of the fighters. As a result, each of the players constantly hit and take hits so their Lucario grows to insane amounts of aura.
:4lucario: On the (other)hand, more incoming shrek colors!

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Apex P0XX
The year is P0XX. Pokken fighters is one of the most hypest touraments to date in Apex.
Everyone plays Lucario at TAS levels of perfection, as the aura mechanic is too strong for the rest of the fighters. As a result, each of the players constantly hit and take hits so their Lucario grows to insane amounts of aura.
:4lucario: On the hand, more incoming shrek colors!
Somebody once told me...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
That underwater stage looks damn breathtaking. I wonder how it'll play differently from the other two we've seen?

And it looks like alternate costumes are definitely a thing. Lucario already has as much color variety as in Smash, so maybe by some miracle we'll finally get his shiny as an alt?

I imagine speculation'll be even more heated than with Smash, with how many mons there are and especially since we have no idea how big the roster will get.

BubbaDuke

Smash Apprentice
If Arcanine was in this game I'd lose it.

I am really hopeful for Mewtwo, Pangoro, and Hitmonlee.

Also, waiting for Blaziken's official confirmation.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I hope this comes to Wii U. If this is anything like Tekken's create colours I'll be creating their shiny colours!

Marthmario

Smash Lord
That underwater stage looks damn breathtaking. I wonder how it'll play differently from the other two we've seen?

And it looks like alternate costumes are definitely a thing. Lucario already has as much color variety as in Smash, so maybe by some miracle we'll finally get his shiny as an alt?

I imagine speculation'll be even more heated than with Smash, with how many mons there are and especially since we have no idea how big the roster will get.
It is very breathtaking... when you go outside the dome without diving gear. :troll:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Pokken confirmed to not have shiny colors in order to appeal to Smash Fans. :troll:
I still don't get why they didn't include any shiny recolors in Sm4sh. I can understand Pikachu and Jiggs not getting them since they're pretty similar, but everyone else had good alt potential.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I still don't get why they didn't include any shiny recolors in Sm4sh. I can understand Pikachu and Jiggs not getting them since they're pretty similar, but everyone else had good alt potential.
As a Charizard main... the lack of shiny Zard dissapoints me.

Top Bottom