• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm really liking the froakie line, this gen's starters are way better looking than last gen's starters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Chespin's final evo looks sort of like a Mega Man X boss. :p

CACTUS HEDGEHOG
ROLLER HEDGENUT
SPIKE CHESTNAUT

Something like that.

So what kind of weapon would you get from beating him? Rolling Dash? Cactus Cannon?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think these are way better than what was given to us for 5th gen

i mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but 5th gen's really sucked

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
How the balls does chespin final evo move his elbows?

Least favorite final evos by far :\

Does this redeem Delphox for you? Because I know it did for me.

I actually really like Chespin's final evo, though I expected I would. Any time that I look at the middle guy and think "I don't really know what to make of this change," I end up being pleasantly surprised with the final form.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Chesnaught is... Definitely not what I expected. I mean, it's cool. I likely wouldn't use it, aside from being the only defensively-stable Grass/Fighting. I mean, Breloom and Virizion can't take many hits. But he looks like he could take two Brave Birds, if spec'd right.

Greninja is still my bro, though. I doubt that will change at all. And I think I'm still going to go with Fennekin for my other game.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
i think these are way better than what was given to us for 5th gen

i mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but 5th gen's really sucked
I was not a fan of 5th gen's starters, but 6th gen's are even worse, in my opinion. I like Fennekin, and Chespin to a lesser extent, and then I like the last two of the Froakie line, but I could pretty much do without all of the rest of the starter-line Pokemon.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
http://strawpoll.me/497262/r Recently made poll that shows who's the "favorite" starter since all 3 final forms are leaked as of now...

According to the poll Greninja is 1st (by a pretty considerable margin), Chesnaught is 2nd, and poor Delphox is last (remember when nearly everyone used to love Fennekin the most?)

Based on the reactions I've seen/read I'd say these poll results are a pretty accurate reflection of the general consensus.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Jesus, they're all good... Especially the Fire-Type.

EDIT: New move- Mystical Fire:
Ah, Delphox is just great.
Mystical Fire ftw. But.. I'm more of a Dark type guy, and that would be mr. ninja frog.
But I don't want to use froakie ;_;

How the balls does chespin final evo move his elbows?

Least favorite final evos by far :\
...His only piece of armor is the shell thing he's strapped to. Everything else looks like just his body. His arms look fine.

Spire

III
BRoomer
1. Delphox
2. Greninja
3. Chesnaught

Once more, for the sixth generation in a row, I will be start—OH WAIT I CHOSE OSHAWOTT. Okay, looks like I'm returning to fire! Chesnaught is a bit too detailed for my liking, but whatever! I liked Froakie the best, but Delphox is just gorgeous.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Definitely liking these better than the Gen 5 starters. I care for Delphox the least, but I'd still a very welcome change after Emboar. Can't wait to see the Sugimori artwork of them. Overall I'd say this is a decent group of starters, not the best, but certainly not the worst.

There was a screen that showed Chesnaught gets a move called Spiky Shield, as well as Needle Arm.
How will that work as an attack? Maybe raise defense?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Um, I am pretty sure those are edited. Still the edited version does look a bit better with the extra brown.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Love them all. Yay for Greninja being real.
Thanks for link :D
And holy molly, I didn´t even imagine that the final form of Chespin would look like that (the designer of that pokemon was smoking something really good to come from Chespin to something that looks like a boss from Mega Man X).
.n_n.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, hey guys. Remember how I mentioned that Venusaurite didn't have a letter labeled on it?

Apparently neither did the Charizardite. Which means we could still possibly see mega Venusaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise X/Y. How does this make you guys feel?
According to the leaker, it did

Where'd you hear it didn't?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i am so hyped for these to hit competitive cause apparently there's 3 dexes worth of 'mons in this game so rounding up 450 pokemon just in kalos alone is ridiculous

Of the actual Pokemon, while I planned on getting Froakie regardless (as I get the water starter every time), Chespin managed to make me have my doubts this gen. I really, really like Chesnaught's design and I have some (biased) hopes that he's good competitively so I can spam him relentlessly and see what kind of carnage he creates.

Overall, I'm rather disappointed in the fairies that we know of thus far. There aren't many that fit into the new Pokemon category and outside of the ones that have been confirmed to us by game freak, I don't think a single change has been leaked yet. While this still means that it's possible for 'mons like Jirachi, Celebi, or Mew to receive that fairy-typing, I'm not holding my breath. If GF is this stringent about it, I can't expect that many extra fairies to be released. I'm somewhat fine with this--as I think they have a lot of innate power like dragons that shouldn't be so highly prevalent--but I think the crop of them is rather lackluster from a competitive standpoint. I think the best of them are Sylveon and Mawile and that's not very good at all, though Carbink has potential as the dragon slayer everyone ever wanted. That and the designs for most of them just aren't that cool to me.

In terms of actual designs, most of the new ones outside of the final evos are rather...bland, if not distasteful. I think there's a small handful of them I really do like designwise (Fletchling family, Honedge family, starters outside of Fenniken family, Pancham family, Sylveon) but a majority of them I really just couldn't care much about. Maybe they'll grow on me as the game progresses but it's not like previous gens where I could flip through and say "oh I like this one, or this one" without having to stare at it for a few minutes.

I'd rather not touch Mega Evos. Not even approaching their design or their point as I think that's overdone, their gameplay pattern reeks of gimmick for the most part and yet they still seem like they're going to be game-breakingly powerful. A calc over at Smogon had m.lucario with like 140/145/115 offensive stats on top of adaptability and that alone was two-shotting skarm and hippo at +2 (without rocks or an offensive item that it can't have). I can't imagine the type of power that Mega Charizard has with his ability on top of it but it scares me to think about it. I had high hopes for better walls this gen but M. Evos seem to be shutting that possibility out, as I didn't even think Mega Lucario was the strongest of them. M. Venusaur ended up with like 120/130 defenses or something of that ilk, which isn't bad at all for a mixed wall, but it just seems lacking in areas that matter, like lefties and typing.

Oh well, there's always seventh...gen...

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
ah well maybe smogon will actually put this **** into ubers instead of saying "big dudes beatin' up big dudes is okay with me" this time around so we don't have kyu-b and friends running around ou because **** can deal with it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When are they going to reveal a cool fairy pokemon?

Maybe the Psuedo legendary?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's two open bags of potato chips sitting on straws out of a cupcake...come on now

:coolmonke:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Charizard got shafted hard by rock types (and stealth rock. **** that move, so annoying). He's a godawful Pokémon for tournament-play. Becoming a Fire/Dragon type is a BLESSING. I have zero complaints. And Y version of Charizard with his Drought move could make for a good lead if you're looking for the special attack sweep.

Fire/Dragon though is an amazing typing.

:roypm:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's sub-par, at best. Covers the basic Water/Ice/Fairy weaknesses, offers pretty good STAB offensive-wise (though remember 'Zard X is physically oriented, and we don't know if only its Attack stat is going up), only being resisted by Fairy types and Heatran.

And Mega Evolution does nothing to cure its weakness to Stealth Rock, considering it doesn't transform until after switching in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to mention that Blastoise is cooler anyway

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Chesnaught looks amazing, though I wish it would have kept more brown. I like Swirlix and Spritzee's evolutions. Especially Spritzee. I mean, how much of a flamingo were you expecting when it's literally a perfume Pokemon?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's sub-par, at best. Covers the basic Water/Ice/Fairy weaknesses, offers pretty good STAB offensive-wise (though remember 'Zard X is physically oriented, and we don't know if only its Attack stat is going up), only being resisted by Fairy types and Heatran.

And Mega Evolution does nothing to cure its weakness to Stealth Rock, considering it doesn't transform until after switching in.

Is that confirmed that you have to switch in to Mega Evolve? 'Cause I was under the impression that you can trigger it with whichever Pokémon has it and it's only one member of the team can do it per battle. Wouldn't that suggest you avoid Stealth Rock by starting with Charizard (and Mega Evolving him in the process) as a lead?

It was also confirmed that Charizard's attack gets the boost, Tough Claws ability and Fire/Dragon typing. So if you make a physical Charizard and toss a Dragon Dance on him to set-up, he's Mega Charizard X and sweeping the team. Otherwise you take Charizard as your lead for Y version and set up Drought and gain the special attack boost+sweep.

We'll see what happens. I just want Charizard to finally be good. Ever since Stealth Rock, he kind of got screwed HARD. Great movepool and potential but his typing holds him back so hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom