• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
With the release of X and Y coming in the next ~2 weeks, a large volume of information is going to be coming in. This thread is for discussion of this new information, in order to allow a space for people to discuss X and Y while still avoiding spoilers.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Now, this might sound silly to ask, but does this regard any new information, be it real, leaked or fake, or just the guaranteed information? Just genuinely curious, as if it's any then we could probably talk about the "leaked" Pokemon Binacle, Greninja and Hawlucha. It'd be a good way to start this thread off, rather than have it being pretty desolate until we can get some sort of information that is relatively accepted as "true leaks" or confirmed information.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Basically, consider this to be the original X/Y thread but it's safe to talk about any information you want to discuss in here. If you want to discuss leaks that could be 100% false, that's totally cool; this isn't going to be any sort of official information compilation, just a discussion.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Alright, good to know. I guess I'll start things off then with the potential leaks that have been flying across the web, which are the leaked images of Binacle, Geninja and Hawlucha.

For those of you who somehow managed to live under a rock in the past 24 hours (or you're just not constantly looking for the latest news), there have been multiple leaked images going around, and have been posted on major Pokemon news sites such as Pokebeach and Pokejungle. Serebii has not placed any of this footage on his site, as to likely only keep concrete 100% confirmed information in his databanks. But for those such as Pokebeach and Pokejungle, it's hard to ignore such news.

First up, we have Binacle, the Rock/Water Pokemon that looks like an odd, water-based Pokemon that vaguely resembles Ferrothorn. It can be viewed in the image below.

According to the leaker of Binacle, it is #21 on the Costal Pokedex. I personally see an odd pie with Lileep wannabes popping out of it, but it could have potential. However, with the x4 weakness to Grass, as well as a weakness to the likes of Fighting and Ground moves, it may not see the light of competitive play, unless it's got some neat tricks up its sleeves.

Next up we have the most controversial of the leaked Pokemon; Greninja, the supposed final stage of the Froakie line. No typing leaked yet, but it has had four moves it can learn leaked in the image posted below. They are Aerial Ace, Waterfall, Surf and Extrasensory.

What has fans up in arms about Greninja is, well, nearly everything. It lacks the bubbles previously seen on Froakie and Frogadier. Instead of bubbles, it has a long, pink scarf-like item around its neck, which is supposedly a tongue.

The letter "A" in the Water labels is triangular, causing an uproar and call outs of fake. However, there have been more recentl official images that have displayed the "A" to be triangular, which could be due to the trickery it can play on one's eyes when near an "R".

Personally, I love Greninja, and do hope this isn't some sort of trickery. It would also be a huge smack in the faces of many so-called "Froakie fans" who are enraged by Greninja's design. If it's some trickery, then oh well, but it would be nice to see it be the real deal.

And finally, we have Hawlucha. Hawlucha has had the most supposed consistent leaks, with nearly four people confirming its existence in the Kalos Region. Hawlucha is a Fighting/Flying type, finally filling in that void that many fans wanted filled with a Farfetch'd evolution of some sort. Due to the amount of images, I am going to shove the rest into a spoiler, leaving the clearest one easy to access.

In these images, we can see that it has the ability to learn a new Fighting-typed move known as Flying Press, however, we are unaware of what it can do exactly. The design is also quite colorful, which is a nice change from most Fighting types. It makes sense, as it seems to be based off of a hawk and a luchador. All-in-all, I like the design, and believe it has good potential.

Of course, all of this information could be flat-out fake, but I say "Don't hate on the unknown. It could very well be the real deal, so it's best to be prepared for anything."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Fenniken final evolution?

THIS was released earlier today by someone (else maybe)

Notice it's the same pokemon but in a different stage of it's animation

Edit: Already debunked

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
For those of you unaware, a fellow on Instragram has managed to get a hold of a physical copy of Pokemon X. He has been posting his progress throughout the game, through pictures and videos.

Here are a couple of image samples:
http://instagram.com/p/e8PD_8Ired/
This is his victory against Viola, who gives you your first badge.
http://instagram.com/p/e8PJWKorej/
This is his post in regards to getting the TM Infestation. We currently are clueless as to what it does.

http://instagram.com/p/e8dS1UorT8/
Image depicting a discussion about Furfrou's furcuts. They apparently last five days before they go back to normal. Is it simply for aesthetics, or for a more competitive play?
http://instagram.com/p/e8lpziorQ9/
The discovery of a Berry Tree! This tree carries Oran Berries in this picture. Are we able to grow Berries once more, something that was missing in Gen V?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The Berry Tree bit has me more excited, although my expectations probably won't meet up with reality and I'll be left disappointed, sadly.

...which is that I'm hoping there's a farm somewhere in-game that you get to kind of run where you go Berry Trees (which would take a week to grow), and then once they finish growing you can harvest from them daily. And there'd be a way to get more places to plant trees, and a way to get rid of trees if need be. But like I said, I think I'll be disappointed.

Keep these (important-ish) updates coming though. Awesome stuff is awesome. I also see a pic of a Snorlax blocking the path in one of his pictures? That early on? Crazy.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Sweet! It's Espurr! Glad to see Psychic types nice and early. And I'm going to guess by the capture that it won't be stuck with just Teleport like Abra, and hopefully other equally useless moves (I'm looking at you, Growling Ralts <__<;; )

Knowing he's back up and posting makes me want to pull an all-nighter. Frig. Considering I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning this isn't the wisest idea, but whatever.

I'm personally more interested in the stats the Pokemon he's shown so far. Skiddo seems to be a quick-footed Attacker with moderate defenses, while Pancham looks like a a Physical tank and attacker, with low Speed. That's cool. Plus, it's an early-game Fighting type. Can't go wrong there. Bunnelby's stats make me think Ninjask. Fast, but fragile. It won't survive many hits. I doubt I'll pick it up.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
From what I've heard, he's not one of the reviewers, but the street date was broken at a store. He managed to get it because the place didn't know better. If anything, the company that let him purchase the game nearly two weeks before its universal release is going to be the ones at fault. Not much else they can do other than toss him a C&D. But it's not like he's making any money off of it or anything anyway.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
His Quilladin is only level 25 so I doubt he evolves it before tonight ends... The fact that he's leaking all of this stuff live makes it hard for me to want to go to sleep though.

**** I should have just went to sleep before I checked SmashBoards. >.<

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Haha! But sleep is for the weak! Or those who actually need it. Or can actually get to sleep. Unlike me <__<;;

But yeah, at 25, he's going to need to hardcore grinding to evolve Quilladin by the night's end. I'm willing to sit up and witness it though. I must see what my babby Quilladin will become.

Frogadier is still my bro, though. Not falling out on him.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only spoiler I wanna know about is them final evolutions. Do we have a confirmation yet of any of them?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
The closest we have to any sort of final stage is Greninja, who may be fake, but we don't know. I mean, the leaker we've had that was pretty accurate over the past bit can say whether something is fake, but isn't allowed to say what was real or something. Probably to cover his rear. And well, he's called out other Frogadier evos as fake, but nothing about Greninja. Kinda leads people the believe that Greninja is the official evolution of Frogadier.

Now, like I said, that's all a hypothesis, meaning that it could be flat-out wrong. We don't really know for sure. Also, the current leaker of the footage has gone quiet. Last image was his team beside the Exp. All, composed of:
Lvl. 25 Quilladin
Lv. 20 Wartortle
Lv. 16 Pancham
Lv. 15 Honedge

I believe he's power-grinding so we can possibly see Quilladin's evo by night's end. That'd be pretty sweet.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I will squeal like a fanboy if Quialladin pulls a Tyranitar and evolves into some sort of badass Grass/Dark thing.

Just a matter of time...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, from it's posted stats it's most likely a defensive pokemon with pretty decent attack but SLOW

Lv 19
HP: 53
Atk: 37
Def: 43
SAtk: 31
SDef: 30
Spd: 26

It's nature gives it + Speed, - Defense

These are the stats someone on Gamefaqs predicted for Chespin3, BUT they assumed the above stats were a neutral nature, so it's inaccurate

HP: 80
Atk: 115
Def: 125
SAtk: 70
SDef: 70
Spd: 65

Grass/ Dark would make it:
Weak to
Bug x 4
Fight x 2
fire x 2
flying x 2
Ice x2
Poison x 2
Fairy x 2

Resistant to/ Immune to
Electric x .5
Grass x .5
Ground x .5
Water x .5
Dark x .5
Ghost x .5
Psychic x 0

Normal Damage
Normal x 1
Rock x 1
Dragon x 1
Steel x 1

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Those aren't half-bad stats we got there. Though, if the typing does indeed become Grass/Dark, he still won't be surviving much. Especially not a Bug Buzz from someone like Volcarona or Yanmega. Not like he'd stay in on them, but still. Anyone with a decent SpA with access to a Special Bug move will pretty much cripple him.

The resistances are nice. Resisting Surf, Thunder and EQ are nice bonuses. But that's all just going off of the Grass typing. With Dark, it can resist Shadow Ball, Pursuit, and completely ignore the likes of Psyshock and Psystrike.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Being slow and a Dark type will pretty much guarantee a Pokemon not being OU material unless your name is Tyranitar.

The thing that sucks about Dark typing from a defensive standpoint is that the types it's supposed to counter (Ghosts and Psychics) very often carry fighting moves like focus blast or aura sphere. Only reason Tyranitar gets away with it is because of how stupidly bulky it is thanks to Sand Stream. Honestly the only thing stopping Dark from being the worst type of them all (other than normal) is Pursuit.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Being slow and a Dark type will pretty much guarantee a Pokemon not being OU material unless your name is Tyranitar.

The thing that sucks about Dark typing from a defensive standpoint is that the types it's supposed to counter (Ghosts and Psychics) very often carry fighting moves like focus blast or aura sphere. Only reason Tyranitar gets away with it is because of how stupidly bulky it is thanks to Sand Stream. Honestly the only thing stopping Dark from being the worst type of them all (other than normal) is Pursuit.
It's the sad truth. I mean, plus with Fairy coming in and hitting it now too doesn't help any. Plus, you know, being weak to Fighting and Bug doesn't help much either.

Also, another leaker showed up, and showed an in-between stage for Fletchling. I don't have a non-4chan link though, so I don't know if I should link it or not. But it looks very similar to Fletchling, just a bit bigger, and more red. It's also Fire/Flying. It's name is Fletchinder.

They also showed us the description of Infestation. It essentially works the same as Fire Spin, but for Bugs. It's Base 20 damage, and can last up to five turns.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
And I became very, very disappointed. I have a feeling that they're going to make "Mega X" and "Mega Y" of all the known Megas, plus ones we haven't seen. I'm honestly not looking forward to that. That's just more designing that could be used elsewhere. Frig.

Plus, the inner collector in me is crying.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, the Fire/Dragon typing is interesting enough. I kinda wish it still kept red or orange in its color scheme. I still would rather get Y version for Yvetal though.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well, the Fire/Dragon typing is interesting enough. I kinda wish it still kept red or orange in its color scheme. I still would rather get Y version for Yvetal though.
Fire/Dragon Charizard was my childhood wish. I was gonna get Y but I think I'll get X now (or both lol).

Edit: Sill mad at the Steel type nerf.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I still don't like the concept of Mega evolutions but the Charizard fanboy in me is glad we finally have the Dragon/Fire Charizard we've been dying to get for so long... And even I gotta admit it DOES look pretty bad ass.

So far Mewtwo and Zard are the only ones with version exclusive Mega evos, so now this raises the following questions: Will every Mega evolution receive version exclusives? If no then is it fair to expect Venasaur and Blastoise to receive version exclusives as well? If no again then why is Zard the only one receiving so much special attention and not the other Kanto starters?

I ain't mad either way... All of this attention Zard is getting pretty much makes him a shoe in for Smash 4 some way or another. :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not happy Charizard gets special treatment over the other starters. Especially the way they made the only Mega Blastoise

Mega Venusaur was already confirmed NOT to have 2 megas

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm not happy Charizard gets special treatment over the other starters. Especially the way they made the only Mega Blastoise

Mega Venusaur was already confirmed NOT to have 2 megas
Well in some ways it's understandable, Charizard is arguably the most popular Pokémon overall, and the way progressing gens have screwed him I guess made GF overcompensate.

Kinda like they're doing now, nerfing Dragon hard (the whole point was that it was meant to be a superior type), and meganerfing Steel. In the words of Firus, **** you with a rake.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I love how X's Mega Charizard has an entirely different color scheme, a different type, and significantly different design in a lot of ways, and Y's Mega Charizard looks basically the same as regular Charizard...

And I became very, very disappointed. I have a feeling that they're going to make "Mega X" and "Mega Y" of all the known Megas, plus ones we haven't seen. I'm honestly not looking forward to that. That's just more designing that could be used elsewhere. Frig.

Plus, the inner collector in me is crying.
Also, I agree 100% with this.

I get why they're doing one Mega for each game, because this creates incentive to buy both versions without having a solution via trading. That is, unless I'm misunderstanding how this works; I'm assuming there is one kind of Mega Stone and depending on which version you MegaEvolve in, you get a different form. If it turns out that there are X Mega Stones and Y Mega Stones, then that isn't true.

But this just seems wasteful and unnecessary; I really agree that this is designing that could be used elsewhere. Pokemon who deserve actual evolutions are getting MegaEvolutions, Pokemon who have been complete in design for nearly two decades now are getting complete rehauls (I guess you could argue that it refreshes them, personally I don't care, at least speaking from a design perspective)...on one hand, I'm glad that MegaEvolutions aren't just a way to circumvent the typical limit of 2 evolutions, but the fact that MegaEvolutions are battle-only just makes them pretty forgettable to me. It's hard to get attached to any of the Megas, because you only get to see them for as long as you have them in battle, probably plowing through everything with Mega strength.

The concept was starting to grow on me, but now that they've made it evident that having two forms for each Pokemon is not out of the question, I'm getting really cynical all over again. It's almost like they got negative feedback on the original Mega forms of Mewtwo and Charizard and were like "Oh crap, we screwed up" and decided to give them second forms that were modeled after the feedback they got, because the second ones they've released have been more of what I would've expected and hoped for than the first ones. (Though I know that not everybody feels as negatively about those two as I do.)

I'm probably just going to pretend that MegaEvolutions don't exist, honestly, unless it somehow turns out to be a more intriguing mechanic than it seems to be now.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just see it completely ****ing up competitive battling, but then again the new type chart has already achieved that so any more damage would just be redundant.Honestly, I think Nintendo should just totally reboot Pokémon and Zelda, but I guess that's way too risky. Too bad.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mega evolutions are nothing but an excuse for GF to milk the popularity of the "favorites" (Blazekin, Lucario, Zard, Mewtwo, etc.) by artificially making them seem cooler. They're over the top and nothing but an easy cash cow. Why spend time creating new Pokemon when we can just slap a Mega evolution on an already existing Pokemon?

With the release of Mega Zard X people are FINALLY starting to see the downside of these Mega evolutions. People are getting angry about their favorites not receiving Megas/alternate forms just like I said would happen, and the new Gen 6 Pokemon are hardly receiving nearly as much attention as they should "who gives a **** about the Gen 6 version exclusives cause Pokemon X has DRAGON/FIRE Charizard!!!"

@Teran there's very little chance of these Megas affecting the OU metagame considering the vast majority of them will most likely get sent to Ubers. Ubers is the metagame that's gonna suffer the most IMO. With all of these Megas running around + the intro of the fairy type the Gen 6 Ubers metagame is gonna be hectic to say the least... and not in a good way.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mega evolutions are nothing but an excuse for GF to milk the popularity of the "favorites" (Blazekin, Lucario, Zard, Mewtwo, etc.) by artificially making them seem cooler. They're over the top and nothing but an easy cash cow. Why spend time creating new Pokemon when we can just slap a Mega evolution on an already existing Pokemon?

With the release of Mega Zard X people are FINALLY starting to see the downside of these Mega evolutions. People are getting angry about their favorites not receiving Megas/alternate forms just like I said would happen, and the new Gen 6 Pokemon are hardly receiving nearly as much attention as they should "who gives a **** about the Gen 6 version exclusives cause Pokemon X has DRAGON/FIRE Charizard!!!"
The thing that confuses me is that they're still adding on a sizable amount of new Pokemon (I don't know if we have an exact number on that yet, but I definitely remember hearing 700+). So they're still doing all of that work, but they're also adding on Megas? I don't see why it's even necessary for more cash. Kids will be more impressed by them, yes, but they probably would be just as excited about entirely new Pokemon. This isn't like Sonic where veteran fans keep complaining about the games straying too far from their roots or whatever (at least, as far as I'm aware); I've heard no one say that Megas have restored any sort of interest in the series, and have heard more negative feedback than positive. They could've converted Megas like Mawile and Absol into regular evolutions and done less work in design than they're doing with Megas.

In any case, I don't necessarily think that Mega Charizard X has brought up anything that hasn't been thought of before, aside from concerns of two Megas per Pokemon, and giving extra concern to the "I want my fav to have a Mega!" Because now even if they do, you're right, people are now going to be upset that their favorite doesn't get two forms.

It's unfortunate, because the games are probably going to be really good, but I feel like we've gotten so much focus on Megas that those are the primary thing I'm associating with Gen 6 at this point. Or maybe I'm just being so negative about them that that's why they're dominating, to me.

Djent

Smash Champion
Smaug Mega Charizard X is boring. But I'm still getting X because I like its non-Mega exclusives better. Also, I pretty much agree with Firus/Teran on Megas in general.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I like mega evolutions, it looks like it will be fun to mess with.
I also don't care too much about competitive Pokemon, and probably will not until Game freak adds something like hold items that null one attack type(so my fire types are no longer screwed over by stealth rock, along with fixing some devastating weaknesses some type pairs have.)
Meh, a lot of people will probably hate that idea too. :/

I would have liked it if mega Mawile was just an evolution though. It will be harder for me to fit it on my team since I can only use one mega in a fight. Oh well, guess I'll go back to ignoring most of gen 3's Pokemon.

But overall I like the idea of giving some final evolutions more options. Pokemon is all about customization and this fits right in imo.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Mega Charizard X is actually the most underwhelming Mega reveal I've heard about so far

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would be mad at them rehashing old Pokémon, but I'm gonna be one of those guys that talks **** about the new gen designs. It's not so much the Pokémon designs more than the art style. Gen 3 started to soften the art style a bit, but Gen 5 is where I officially just sort of went :/.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been a problem if the series always had this sort of art style, but the fact that you look at Gen 1 and Gen 6 Pokémon side by side and feel like they're not even part of the same series, that's where the huge shift bother me. The clash is huge and it bothers me, but I mean, the general zeitgeist bothers me and I guess media now is merely a reflection of it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I like they that they finally gave Charizard Fire/Dragon typing, but honestly I'm not caring for it's overall design that much. I would hope though, that we get Mega Venasaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise XY to round things out.

Also hating Swirlix's and Spritzee's possibly leaked evolutions. And here I was hoping for a Flamingo Pokemon with the latter...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I would be mad at them rehashing old Pokémon, but I'm gonna be one of those guys that talks **** about the new gen designs. It's not so much the Pokémon designs more than the art style. Gen 3 started to soften the art style a bit, but Gen 5 is where I officially just sort of went :/.

Honestly, it wouldn't have been a problem if the series always had this sort of art style, but the fact that you look at Gen 1 and Gen 6 Pokémon side by side and feel like they're not even part of the same series, that's where the huge shift bother me. The clash is huge and it bothers me, but I mean, the general zeitgeist bothers me and I guess media now is merely a reflection of it.

The reason for this clash is because the generations have adopted different artists and creative designers throughout. If we had the same artist throughout the entire series the clash most likely wouldn't be nearly as noticeable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like they that they finally gave Charizard Fire/Dragon typing, but honestly I'm not caring for it's overall design that much. I would hope though, that we get Mega Venasaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise XY to round things out.

Also hating Swirlix's and Spritzee's possibly leaked evolutions. And here I was hoping for a Flamingo Pokemon with the latter...
Venusaur already confirmed through a live stream of playing that it has Venusaurite with NO X or Y in it.

Blastoise isn't confirmed, but it's highly unlikely he's getting 2 forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom