• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Type Wild: a Fighting game in the Pokemon world

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
haha cool
Just downloaded the game, is actually pretty fun :p
will kill a few spare minutes at least, but seriously fancy having swalot as a playable character..toxicroak or zoroark would make much more sense.
On a positive note, they have breloom :D

Life

Smash Hero
I'm surprised this wasn't created a long time ago TBH, Pokemon would lend itself well to a fighter.

Also, obligatory "PIKACHU! DODGE IT!"

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Oh. I have this game. I'm not very good at it. I just use Breloom and use jump>hpunch>hpunch>land>lpunch>hpunch>Close Combat. It's totally crap but it's the closest thing to a combo I know how to do. Otherwise, I just use Gengar and spam down attacks. They pretty much lock you down if you're in a corner. Doing so isn't that hard with Poison Jab.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
That's the old version of the game, this is the newest/up to date one: http://www.mediafire.com/?zrzzmnamgmj

Also, the next (or one of the next at least) characters confirmed to be in the roster in Lopunny.

I main Breloom (the light blue/white colored skin) and he's pretty broken lol. I use Breloom as I loved him in normal Pokemon games for Spore Punch and because I think he's cool. I've been screwing around for a long time with this game, and once you get him down, he's a combo machine. He also has an infinite on Snorlax, Swalot, and Blaziken (while the Blaziken one is near impossible to get down, ive only ever managed to get 27 hits in a row).

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
lmao gashi you main the exact same character and same color for the same reason I do. xD

I love breloom in this game. They made him so cute~! His fist of the northstar super is by far one of the best supers in the games too! Seriously. It combos into anything. =p I havn't been messing around as him long though. Can ya gimme a list of combos? :D

Other then him I use combusken. His punish game is so damn good. Theres absolutely no move thats safe against him. =p Oh and I swear the gaurd break system was made just for him. You can break anyones guard in one blockstring if you have two meters. (Which you can get from the start if you select no assist) And his firespins pretty damn good after his crouching strong. Its good after alot of blocked moves actually. If this game had tiers combusken would probably be way up there imo.I really hope this comes to some kinda console or gets online gameplay. It seems like it can be a legit fighting game!

Oh also charizard gonna be in the next version as well! The creator must seriously like fire types...

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
I loved him in normal Pokemon games for Spore Punch and because I think he's cool.
What the **** is Spore Punch?

Also if my computer were any good, I'd d/l this and main Blaziken (even though I hated it until 5th gen).

Edit: I'd actually go with Combusken after looking at a few fights. Although I think it's an odd choice to put two Pokemon in the same evolutionary line that are so similar. D:

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
Oh, haha. I thought he meant like an actual attack, not a combination. Derp. Needs more Substitute and Leech Seed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I found a way to play this on my TV so I might be able to record matches and shiz between friends and I. I played a crap ton of matches with these 3 other guys who ended up using Blaziken, Gardevoir, and Lucario.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^ No idea, but they are haha.

But aside from that, this is an amazing game overall. This game seems to be really well balanced. Every time I start thinking a character isnt as good/doesnt have options or something, I always find something that changes that for me in each character. Right now, I have no idea who I'd say is the best. If I had to rank them... I really dont think I could.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've been toying around with most the characters. Every character has a really well made playstyle. I'm impressed. :D Every character seems good, exceeept maybe snorlax. I seriously can't find the appeal of him with out his 360. D:

Gardevoir seems reaaaally fricken good now that I play as her! Good god her zoning game is unbelievable. ._. Her teleports get her out of pressure pretty safely, her normals have rediiiculously high priority and beat or atleast trade with everything. Her jumping strong kick crosses up in the air. Her gallade assist only cost 50pp and stops incoming pressure, along with her future sight. Kirlia assist can be used to keep the opponent away so you can use the recovery super. and any character that can outzone her like gengar or lucario can be shutdown by her blackhole super.

****ing ivan ooze tier man! Also you can play this game on hamachi apparently. :D Really really hoping this game gets recognized and put on a system or into some kidna competitive play community..

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^This. And Snorlax is good as he just keeps the pressure on like mad and can super armor through pretty much everything with Mega Punch/Kick.

But yes, this game should definitely get more recognition as its downright amazingly well done.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
*sigh*
Here too?
This game is at least three years old. Why nobody cared about it in all this time?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Games can lie in unpopularity for a while and get rediscovered and enjoyed. It happens.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I've liked this game for a long time, but what really makes a fighting game interesting is other people getting into it, finding out things about it, and having them to compete with instead of the same computers over and over again.

ss118

Smash Master
There was a small tournament for this at revelations iirc.

Also I'm having trouble understanding controls because it's all in japanese; I know qcf motions and stuff, but the assist system and protect system confused me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
This game is really fun! I love combuskin, and combuskin is really fun XD! I'm really bad at the game in general though haha.

:172:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im surprised that nobody has posted this earlier, but Type: Wild just got an update earlier today. I've been playing it all day otherwise I wouldve posted this sooner haha. It's now at version 5.0 and has tons of new changes, I'll list off as many as I can, but take note that there are probably a lot of things I missed character wise as I havent had time to mess around with the new stuff for them all yet.

Here's how and where to download (its all in Japanese so I made instructions on how to get it so you dont have fumble through it like I did haha):

[COLLAPSE=How To Download v5.0]As everything on the download site is in Japanese, I'll went through and took screenshots and marked areas on the site so that you can get through the downloading process as easily as posible.

Page 1

- First, go to the text box I highlighted in RED and type in the keyword, 'pokemon'. No caps or anything, type it in EXACTLY how I did (dont add in the apostrophes).
- Second, go to the text box I highlighted in BLUE and type in the characters that show up in the green box to the right; so for example, in the picture's example, you would type: 'O1B' (the box may not be green for you, but that doesnt matter). Remember, its all caps and O = The letter O, and Ø = The number zero or 0.
- Third, once you've finished the first two steps, click on the button circled in YELLOW (this button may appear small with just one bracket, but that is fine)

Page 2

- Simply just click on the link circled in GREEN

Page 3

- Wait 5-10 seconds for the download to start. If it fails to start, click on the link circled in PURPLE to manually start the download.

And now you just wait for the file to download, unzip the file, and voila, you have version 5.0![/COLLAPSE]

Now, as for changes in the game so far:

- New Character added, Lopunny
- New Stages
- New/Fixed music/sound effects
- Multiple cosmetic changes (New Title Screen, Character Select Screen, In Game Bars, etc)
- Added an Assist specific Gauge
- Changed Throw from Light Punch+Light Kick to Forward Protect for Forward Throw, and Backward Protect for Back Throw.
- Changed Taunt from Hard Punch+Hard Kick to Down Down Protect
- Advancing Guard was removed
- Air teching added by pressing Up when in hitstun
- Timer changed to 99 seconds
- Lots of glitch fixes
- Game feels a lot smoother (trust me, if you've played the old versions you'll feel a difference almost right away)
- Tons of individual Character Changes that I will edit in later when I figure them out.

Now for some screenshots:

[COLLAPSE=Cosmetic Changes]

The new Title Screen

The new Character Select Screen

As you can see below, there is a new Bar Changes as long as a new Assist Bar added as well as the timer changed to 99 seconds

Two new stages have been added[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE=Lopunny]

Lopunny's 5 color choices

Lopunny's Victory Screen

A bunch of random in-game screenshots[/COLLAPSE]

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Im surprised that nobody has posted this earlier, but Type: Wild just got an update earlier today. I've been playing it all day otherwise I wouldve posted this sooner haha. It's now at version 5.0 and has tons of new changes, I'll list off as many as I can, but take note that there are probably a lot of things I missed character wise as I havent had time to mess around with the new stuff for them all yet.

Here's how and where to download (its all in Japanese so I made instructions on how to get it so you dont have fumble through it like I did haha):

[COLLAPSE=How To Download v5.0]As everything on the download site is in Japanese, I'll went through and took screenshots and marked areas on the site so that you can get through the downloading process as easily as posible.

Page 1

- First, go to the text box I highlighted in RED and type in the keyword, 'pokemon'. No caps or anything, type it in EXACTLY how I did (dont add in the apostrophes).
- Second, go to the text box I highlighted in BLUE and type in the characters that show up in the green box to the right; so for example, in the picture's example, you would type: 'O1B' (the box may not be green for you, but that doesnt matter). Remember, its all caps and O = The letter O, and Ø = The number zero or 0.
- Third, once you've finished the first two steps, click on the button circled in YELLOW (this button may appear small with just one bracket, but that is fine)

Page 2

- Simply just click on the link circled in GREEN

Page 3

- Wait 5-10 seconds for the download to start. If it fails to start, click on the link circled in PURPLE to manually start the download.

And now you just wait for the file to download, unzip the file, and voila, you have version 5.0![/COLLAPSE]

Now, as for changes in the game so far:

- New Character added, Lopunny
- New Stages
- New/Fixed music/sound effects
- Multiple cosmetic changes (New Title Screen, Character Select Screen, In Game Bars, etc)
- Added an Assist specific Gauge
- Changed Throw from Light Punch+Light Kick to Forward Protect for Forward Throw, and Backward Protect for Back Throw.
- Changed Taunt from Hard Punch+Hard Kick to Down Down Protect
- Advancing Guard was removed
- Air teching added by pressing Up when in hitstun
- Timer changed to 99 seconds
- Lots of glitch fixes
- Game feels a lot smoother (trust me, if you've played the old versions you'll feel a difference almost right away)
- Tons of individual Character Changes that I will edit in later when I figure them out.

Now for some screenshots:
[/COLLAPSE]
I'm on the main page of pokesho.com, and I don't see any of that **** :/ Mind sending the URL of the page you need to be on?

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
im having the same problem as zook. can someone help me find the right url?
this looks pretty awesome

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What characters are available?

Hoping Blastoise

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
wow looks pretty fun haha. pretty sure i'd tap the game with my metamindgame spamming though! i wanna try it out.

anyone ever played vanguard princess? heheheeh.

Largemike32197

Smash Cadet
Swallot is pretty cool i've played around with this yeah it'd be amazing if we could get a standard way of playing this on a tv or online with good controllers. Idc much for the keyboard.

:phone:

Largemike32197

Smash Cadet
Swallot Is my favorite. But i think if they had a jigglypuff like charter with like 4 jumps it could do some neat times and wreak gavoirvoirs zoning game maybe a flying type or add a wtf magickarp that's only best thing is it's size and only a few attacks or whatever

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Swallot is pretty cool i've played around with this yeah it'd be amazing if we could get a standard way of playing this on a tv or online with good controllers. Idc much for the keyboard.

Isn't there a way you can use a PS3 controller on your computer? And if you have a laptop with HDMI output, you could hook it up to a TV. I'll have to test this later.

Largemike32197

Smash Cadet
Ssb players do that so maybe I could even use a gc controller if i found the right set up. Idk I get so many ideas fot this gane like rocks, shuckle, or smeagle's changeable specails.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Isn't there a way you can use a PS3 controller on your computer? And if you have a laptop with HDMI output, you could hook it up to a TV. I'll have to test this later.
You can with an adapter, and you can hook it up to your TV, I do it all the time.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
A wild COMBUSKEN appears!
Go pokesho
Pokesho used NERF STICK
Its super effective!

Shoryuuken no longer combos
Heavy kick doesn't keep the opponent in place
back-forward dive is slower
Fire spin has more after lag
Thats it i'm switching to blaziken!
Seriously though. combusken didn't deserve that. D:

You can with an adapter, and you can hook it up to your TV, I do it all the time.

Wait what?
ohh man gotta try this out. :D My computer remote broke so I've been having to use my dusty crusty keyboard. :V

Hey Gashibro we gotta battle online sometime if thats possible. C: I want this game sooo badly to hit the consoles.

Top Bottom