• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Atleast the pink puffbal has a character and the sing is it's special power. Same goes for Kirby, in his games he KILLS people by eating them.

Jigglypuff and Kirby 1
Red 0

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Diddy Kong said:
Atleast the pink puffbal has a character and the sing is it's special power. Same goes for Kirby, in his games he KILLS people by eating them.

Jigglypuff and Kirby 1
Red 0
And Red kills other Pokemon by ordering his own Pokemon to kill (Or to KO, at least).

If they do include a trainer, though, I would rather it be Brenden from Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire. He's much more distinguishable from Red (AKA Ash Ketchum clone).

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
ah dr. mario - i knew i was forgetting someone...

And to put simple, he was a clone. They wanted to have a clone for their biggest characters (and then some that would just work like Marth and Roy) so Capt. Falcon got weighed down and powered up, Mario got powered up and slowed a little, Pikachu got faster and lightweight and had it so it hurts itself and Fox got slower and his blaster changed...

and yea- the moveset would suck. The fishing rod is the only plausible idea, because the bike wouldnt look right at all...him puttin the bike away as fast as you're thinkin...eh

and the pokeball ideas...the projectile capture would be too powerful because it could easily capture the characters over and over again...1 on 1 battles would suck w/ the guy...you gotta think of how much lag the sounds would have, pokeball open then automatically to pokemon noise...it just doesnt work because the move would be either over with or too long

plus the biggest point is that he's not an icon of pokemon...you show a pic of Red to people they won't say "Pokemon" which is what they want for this franchise.

And I don't agree with Tom Nook either, mind you. Again the moveset wouldnt be very good there. I love how ya'll are thinking, but movesets would overly suck for these chracters when there are tons of better ones out there. *cough* Toad, Geno, Mallow *cough* or even for the Pokemon series. Think of one from Ruby/Sapphire and one from Diamond/Pearl to be in OR two more from the original games (so people recognize them).

This game is going darker, and Red just wouldn't fit sad to say to all of you.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
ME said:
B- tosse pokeball in mini form, which disappears on contact, disappears as red ball of light that fades out.

B up-sound of a pokeball opening and pideot seems to come out of his back pack..works like a Marth or Roy B up but obviously a little different.

B over - sound of a pokeball opening and a squirtle (saying "squirtle") surfs outward on a very small extension of water, then returns, not particularly powerful but it does send the opponent tumbling backwards on occasion. (Red also has a vey small amount of water just uner his feet and he moves forward a little when this attack is performed.)

B Down-Red holds a clefairy or pikachu doll out which works as a counter attack, similar to Peaches.

Smash A over- red points his finger and you hear a faint pokeball sound openign adn a "scy" a scyther 's upper body pops out of his backpack and gives a weak slice immediately followed by a pretty powerful one...as reds arm extends to pointit is nearly impossible to escape the weak first slice. scyther's upper body is not much larger thatn red's in this move.

Smash up -red faces towards the screen and rises up with his hands in fist after he rises form getting low, as he does this a hitmontop quickly extends his head up using his spike to send the oppontent up

Smash Down- red throws one of those pester balls straight down form pokemon snap which sneds harmful purplish colouds left and right..you could aslo say he throws ether

Dash A- red rides his bike for a short amount of time...works like kirby's dash A. the bike quickly folds up and is put back in the backpack...happens real quick.

neutral A- punch or series of punches, if you pause and look closely red has rocks from the safari zone in his hands, helping him do damage, because we all know red cant really fight on his own.

down tilt A-swings leg on ground real weak

over A tilt- kicks real weak

up tilt A- puts his fists together, so thumbs are touchign thumbs, and swings them over his head, again has rocks in his fists but they are basically not visible because of the way his hands are clinched

Fair- you can spot a bulbasaurs head sticking out of reds bag and he uses vine whip...like LUigis Fair only with vine whips, (cant u all see how that oculd work) again u hear the pokeball openign sound along iwht maybe a fiant "bulba"

Bair- red does a complete spin around and charmander is clutching his backpakc on the turn around and charmanders tail with the flame at the end swings around for the hit, this time you hear charmander say "char" before he becomes visible.

Dair- Red is straight and points just his feet up striking opponent with heels (not to strong)

Uair-Pidgeot does "wing attack" just striking with his wing up.

grabs would be with super rod- sorta like agrappling hook his animation when he gets soemone you can see him "reel " them in like and and he jst swings the rod to throw them each way, for the down thorw he would just smal em into teh ground. forward would look like hes doing a shortened casting of the rod, and back hed just swing em back and up hed just grab them off the rod and throw them up.

in his taunt suirtle, bulbasaur, and chramander's head stick out of red's back pack and red reveals his badges by putting his hands on his waist moving his jacket back, he says "Got em" or ewhatever it says when they catch a pokemon...this could be wihtout the pokemon's heads sticking out.
See, what you guys dont get is that he doesnt need to send pokemon OUT....My moveset demonstrates how red could work well in the game just like any other character, his moves woudlnt work any different..and he wouldnt be Uber powerful by any means..You gotta understand that his pokemon dont need to be sent out like the ones from the item the pokeball, they can just be extensions of

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why couldn't sending out Pokemon work? Just for one move. It could work without being too overpowered, and lag is only an issue if you make it an issue, but I agree that long-range pokeballs is somewhat broken. The Pidgy UpB move would work like gangbusters, though.

Edit: Oh, Hey, I kinda glossed over that last post. I agree that pokemon don't have to be sent out to work. Maybe for one very powerful move that would require lag for balance's sake, but not so much for normals.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
ok fine, i dont agree w/ it but it works

but still - ain't an icon as i said before. Pokemon needs the "icons" of it so people recognize them as pokemon. You stick a trainer in you have people saying "why does he have to use so and so"? and complaining about this and that and sayin "he sould have da uber pokesmons to kik a$$" AND this game is going darker!!! How can a trainer fit? He is changed every game in pokemon with different pokemon and it would be lame to have a human who's moves all come from a backpack (hmm, Pidgeot in a backpack- oh yea that works) and there's too many problems with this character. Who cares if he has lag? Nintendo and the other gamers who knows he aint going to be in the game.

I didn't agree with Ash and I don't agree with Red. There are better characters to take his place. If we start throwing in every character ever, we'll wind up with a bad game. And Red fits into the "every other character" genre, sorry to say.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Having a pokémon trainer (one of the protagonists) is a horrible idea. Why? Nobody would care unless they were Ash because he at least has an anime to his name. And there'd be no moves. Just like Lakitu, Red/Blue/Whoever can only do one thing, and that is to throw pokéballs.

Or, I don't know, if it's Ash, he could cry to resurrect his dead Pikachu teammate I guess. The whole point of the Pokémon trainers is that they are trainers. They never ever fight themselves. So unless we want a character whose sole moves are chucking pokéballs at you and running away (imagine how broken THAT would be), let's just not.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Well I say stick the trainer as a way to use Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur.

The 3 Pokemon would attack for him(all his A moves)

Neutral B would use ether Ember, Water Gun or Leech Seed, depending on the Pokemon out.
Down+B would switch between the Pokemon
Up+B would send a Pidgey carrying him up with the pokemon holding on
Smash+B would have the Pokmon use a charging attack

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's a stupid idea. Not just for the ridiculousness of the character idea, the character would either:
a) Teleport the pokémon in and then teleport them out, making it look ridiculous
or
b) Be worthless because it'd take at least half a second to do a single attack (throw the Pokéball, have the pokémon come out)

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Noypi_GjD said:
Oh? I'm sorry if the characters of the new games have to specifically revolve around who you do and don't know. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_(Pokemon)

^Answer.

why wont you just answer my question? you are so difficult. Anyways a pokemon trainer in smah is stupid! There's a zatchbell game coming out that they can throw a pokemon trainer into. so lets blow this topic

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i think there should be like, 15 different pokemon that could ber used for each of his attacks, like a judgement hammer for all of his attacks.
i said LIKE.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
JmcShocker16 said:
why wont you just answer my question? you are so difficult. Anyways a pokemon trainer in smah is stupid! There's a zatchbell game coming out that they can throw a pokemon trainer into. so lets blow this topic
Yeah, a Pokemon trainer in smash is stupid, just like an LCD man, two ****** kids, a plumber....oh wait...

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
At those people aren't restricted to throwing pokéballs to use the pokémon inside for attacks. Not to mention it's not a viable character.

For one thing, unless the Pokéballs are only for throwing, they'd be useless. Because you can't have Pokémon teleporting out. You'd have to throw the ball and have them come out and THEN they can attack. And then they ahve to go back unless you're gonna keep them out and have them run around with you!

So it'd be either an:
a) Pokémon trainer without pokémon
b) Pokémon trainer with worthless moves
c) A stupid Pokémon trainer with pokémons flying around him as either an IC clone where the pokémons can die or where they don't take damage or with pokémons that teleport in and out.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I think you all are just thinking 1-dimensionally. It's not like HAL has never made up attacks before. If he uses his key items for attacks and empty Pokeballs (Poke, Great, Ultra, and Master at random) as projectiles, I don't see what the problem is. Just because the trainers don't fight themselves doesn't mean anything for this game (CAPTAIN FALCON. Saying he was a bounty hunter doesn't make him a moveset). They're still Nintendo characters, and the definitely have a chance to get in.

Besides, wouldn't you rather have a joke character that's actually creative and unique instead of a (sucky) Pikachu clone? >.>

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
Yukiwarashi said:
Yeah, a Pokemon trainer in smash is stupid, just like an LCD man, two ****** kids, a plumber....oh wait...
it wont work ok? you little salad cake. If you want a trainer in so bad pretend to be one. play with pikachu and what ever move you use just yell it out first. ok? pumkin light

videokilledtheradiostar

Smash Journeyman
If red why not put blue? but ash was the original trainer person. What makes it bad to put an anime based person in? all the pokemon were anime based

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Red trained the pokemon. Unless there was a funny mini game that made Red train pikachu and other pokemon, he shouldn't be in the game.

fluffy

Smash Champion
videokilledtheradiostar said:
If red why not put blue? but ash was the original trainer person. What makes it bad to put an anime based person in? all the pokemon were anime based
well roy, marth, and link look anime to me.

but those 3 hav swords and theyre cool. i would definately luv to see those 3 beat up red, but i just dont think...that red would cut it. imo.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I must agree, not the greatest idea. It just isn't... right.

Red, or Ash, or whomever's sole purpose in life is to become a "POKEMON MASTER! YEAH!" Whatever. Anyway, they themselves don't fight, their Pokemon do. I just can't see someone like "Red" or Ash fist fighting or kicking Pokemon, that's like an oxy moron.

Quite frankly, it's almost an insult to the series itself.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
u special: grab pidgiot and fly sharply up
d special: geodude drop
n special: random pokemon shooting fire/water/grass shot
f special: toss a pokeball to temporarly catch a person(but that would probably be broken in edge gaurding)

fluffy

Smash Champion
odinm4gick said:
u special: grab pidgiot and fly sharply up
d special: geodude drop
n special: random pokemon shooting fire/water/grass shot
f special: toss a pokeball to temporarly catch a person(but that would probably be broken in edge gaurding)
looks like a comination of falco, kirby, peach, and yoshi to me.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
JmcShocker16 said:
it wont work ok? you little salad cake. If you want a trainer in so bad pretend to be one. play with pikachu and what ever move you use just yell it out first. ok? pumkin light
Wow, what a mature answer. What makes you so sure that Nintendo will half-*** a character? Although Red being in smash is unlikely, it isn't impossible to have him in. Zero Samus and Snake are in and they seem a bit awkward. People need to lighten up -.-;;

JmcShocker16

Smash Apprentice
fluffy said:
well roy, marth, and link look anime to me.

but those 3 hav swords and theyre cool. i would definately luv to see those 3 beat up red, but i just dont think...that red would cut it. imo.

maybe you misunderstood. they are talkin about anime characters from cartoons. not characters that look anime-ish

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Noypi_GjD said:
Wow, what a mature answer. What makes you so sure that Nintendo will half-*** a character? Although Red being in smash is unlikely, it isn't impossible to have him in. Zero Samus and Snake are in and they seem a bit awkward. People need to lighten up -.-;;
Nintendo has already half-*** several times. (Ganondorf, Pichu, Doctor Mario, Falco)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
JmcShocker16 said:
...Little salad cake? Oh man...please tell me that wasn't your best. Out of all the words you could think of, salad cake? Hilarious. The fact is, ANYTHING can work in SSB. If Sakurai wants to put it in, he will. I'm only supporting my opinion and all you're doing is trying to shut it down without much of a reason. You could express your own view in a less fierce fashion. I wasn't trying to "upset" anyone, I was only sharing my idea. If you don't like it, that's fine. Just be less of an ***. Thanks.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Heh, good call. I love playing as Yugi in Jump Super Stars. He could play like that pretty well, except maybe he could separate himself from his pokemon more than Yugi could from his Duel monsters.

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
Nintendo has already half-*** several times. (Ganondorf, Pichu, Doctor Mario, Falco)
Those are clones, and Red wouldn't be. Oh by the way, you forgot Roy ^_~.

Rowe

Smash Cadet
Well...even if I don't entirely agree to put Red in Smash, I will have some fun coming up with ideas. First off, I hope they make him the new version from GBA. Red looks great in the remakes. Some of his moveset could be items like super rod, pokeflute(dunno what it would do) and bike. His smash moves could be quick HMs done by pokemon like Strength, Flash, Cut, Fly etc...It would be interesting. That is for sure.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
I actually wanted Ash/red to be in this game since SSB. In fact, in the opening movie, I thought he was a playable character since they show him walking past Pikachu while Pikachu was rolling on the ground. And ya that quick HM idea could work pretty good. They could be slow to operate, but VERY useful, powerful, like Ganondrof's moves.

And ya he has Bike, Pokeflute, superods, etc.

So ya he could work. Hell he should been placed in before JIGGLYPUFF!

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
videokilledtheradiostar said:
LOL.

Jesus people, the games were first. Very first. The very very very very first Pokemon anything was Pokemon Red/Green in Japan. Really now.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd rather have none. The point is that trainers don't fight. At least not Red. It's like putting Ghandi in there. Or how 'bout a Thwomp?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
****! Nobody wants a pokemon trainer in the game. If you want to be a pokemon trainer in smash... (lmao) get good with Pikachu and/or some other added pokemon to SSBB, then you'll be a trainer. Wise up kid. Geez.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
God, why do people constantly say things like "TRAINERS DON'T FIGHT" and all of a sudden think they're some wise sage for suggesting that.

Lack of fighting didn't stop a racecar driver from getting in, why can't people just accept that? Seriously, no one has put up a good argument against this idea. Not one. It's all "this sucks" or "no one likes Pokemon anymore" or "trainers don't fight." All of those are invalid when it comes to Smash, especially the second one because it isn't true at all >.> People are honestly saying that the main-****ing-character from one of Nintendo's biggest franchises at least doesn't have a chance? Give me a break.

I guess I was in the bathroom when they were handing out the Rules and Regulations booklet on who belongs in a party fighting game. Well ****. Someone scan their copy or something, I wanna see where all of this information is coming from.

Lemming 1545

Smash Journeyman
Okay, all you people just saying "ewww, Pokemon!" can just shut your pie holes. Come up with a valid argument against him, because it REALLY doesn't mean much if you just happen to hate Pokemon for whatever reason. I, for one, think Red is a decent idea for a human character from Pokemon, especially when compared to the lame-*** characters from the anime that have been suggested.

Also, I can't remember who asked, but the male playable character from Ruby & Sapphire was named Brendan by default.

Top Bottom