• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer Online Thread

Bomber7

Smash Hero
due to recent events, I'm deciding only to play brawl on the weekends or on holidays. So during the week I might get on smash boards. I accidentally got this comp(which is my dads) bugged up a bit 2 dyas ago and I'm cautiuos as to use it frequently and access the internet. not to mention smash boards have been a lil inactive and I waste my time getting on for hours for little activity. So yea. I'm just hjere to check on my threads and stuff. ttyl.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
K guys. I g2g study. I got a tourny tommorow and I'm shooting for higher than 9th place this time. I wont have any time to talk cuz I'm staying all through the night and I'll be busy saturyday. I'm doing teams first and then singles. It's prolly be unitl Sunday before I cna post a result.

PT all the way again! WOOT! I'll go TL but only i nfriendlies, I think for the next tourny I'll try to get TL in there again. as for now I'm sticking with the guy who gfot me 9th(for the first time still psyched about that) Wish me luck guys.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I finally got my sis's latop. Now I can take my first step to recording independently. I have a camera I just need to get a bigger SD card. lol the one that came with this camera which is also my sis's old camera was 235MB, so im getting a 4GB tommorow. I also got another tourny on the 17th and some friendlies reserved with some people and I wana try to get them recorded via camera. My friends told me to get a DAZZLE which is about $50. I'm gona start savin for that. Hopefully, since it's easter I will get alot of $ from my relatives. If I manage that then I should be able to record directly to my laptop and then post my matches here for critique. So anyway, how have you guys been doing? What are y'all gona do for Easter/Spring Break?

Caasi11

Smash Cadet
I'm going to cram as much Brawl time as I can before I have to do my research paper (which is due RIGHT after Spring Break). :psycho: Since it seems like you're going to be able to record matches within a few weeks, are you considering recoding matches that happen in this thread?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to cram as much Brawl time as I can before I have to do my research paper (which is due RIGHT after Spring Break). :psycho: Since it seems like you're going to be able to record matches within a few weeks, are you considering recoding matches that happen in this thread?
like online? for now I dont think that would be the best idea in the world unless there was virtually no lag. Right now I have no wifi so there really isnt anything I can do right now. The only matches that I can do for now is just offline tourny matches or friendlies. though even so until I get a DAZZLE for my laptop from Best Buy, I will have to do recording via camera which wont be the best of quality. though once the dazzle is bought, I will be able to record via laptop and the quality will be better. Today I'm suposed to go to the store and get a new SD card for my camera, cuz I have 2. one 4GB and a 235 MB. the 235MB works with my wii and my camera(cuz it came with the camera lol) the regular 4GB works with neither. so I'm going back to the store to buy a 4GB that says on it "words with anything" once I get that, I can record some of my matches with my friend Redson, I found out that if I turn off my lights in my room when I record I wont get that black strip that slides up on the TV. instead you'll get the same mediocre quality but you wont have that black strip blocking your view if something amazing happens.

M.K

Level 55
Pokemon Stadium -- Pokemon Trainer Training Grounds!

Pokemon Stadium!

Can you defeat these Pokemon and Pokemon Trainers?
Hey PT players ^-^. I'm Meta-Kirby, although I haven't really played a huge role on these boards, I'd like to start getting more involved with the Pokemon Trainer community.
As I was looking at the boards, I didn't see a place where PT mains can seek matches from higher level players in order to get critique, advice, or tips to further their own game.

I was thinking that maybe some of the higher level players could donate some time of their own to help "coach" new or emerging players.
If PT Mains want to post their Friend Codes here and request a match, that'd be awesome. In return, the players could give each other advice in this thread or over PM's after the matches have been complete.

Here is the format:

Name:
Friend Code:
Reason for Playing (Can't be For Fun):
Critique After Match?:

I'll start it off:

Name: Meta-Kirby
Friend Code: 3007-7809-2685
Reason for Playing (Can't be For Fun): I would like critique on all 3 of my Pokemon
Critique After Match?: Yes, please.

Images at Top made by The Custom Pokemon Shop, and I am a worker there. So I made them....yeah. Come visit us in "The Poke Center" when you have the chance ^_^

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Agreed with Steeler. This thread is pretty much dead. It's still open for the few PT's who actually get on smash boards looking for an online fight, other than that, I stopped playing online a long time ago. and we cave basic info on the OP.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Yup, everything's pretty much dead on the PT boards.

Ahh, maybe more people will come if he continues to go up on the list.

:094:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
all of the people that actually want to seriously play PT are already here. ;)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
That's pretty much it. I almost feel stupid for making this thread in the first place. From my experience, online matches create flame and that is not good at all, not to mention unless you know alot of people to play with online, it's boring. N00bs run online, always choosing Mario Bros. as their stage and camping in a safe area while you die from turtles and crabs. Besides, PT's really don't need online, whats so great about this board is that we actually stick to our character as in we really don't need to stick around home(this board), we are too busy going 7out to make ourselves better.

But yeah, if anyone needs me to add their info to the OP, let me know and I'll do so.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Hey, I still LIKE online play, darn it. :(
Well, that's why I don't mind having this thread, it's basically the central hub for those who still like to play online.

Though that comment about online n00bs was nothing directed towards you, I was more or less talking about when you aren't doing online friendlies, and you are doing free for alls and teams online. I've have had bad experiences when you do it like that, otherwise, I would probably end up going back to online if 1) I had it and 2) If I knew I could rely on alot of my friends to be on somewhat frequently.

I only quit for those 2 reasons, mainly reason #2. I'd have no one to play and then reason #1 occurred. Though I'm not really trying to say that if you play online, you suck, just saying that my experiences are bad and I really can't play anymore and I'm sorry for that. Overall I did have alot of fun playing everyone online and if I would I would so do it again :) Sadly I can't anymore :(

But hey, this was more of a general discuss/online talk about thread anyway. So just being able to talk to someone here is great in my book. :chuckle:

Ghetto Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
I dont use items. I go by official tourny rules. I love pokemon trainer. I am by no means a noob. I want to get better, and I want to play someone online, preferably east coast since thats where I live. I have just recently started following the pokemon trainer boards upon my realization that squirtle is amazing and a thousand funs, so that is why I am new to all of you.

Also, I am around to play online nearly all of the time. I currently only work 10-15 hours a week, so if you want a match chances are im free when ur thinking about it.

Sulfur

Smash Apprentice
I know most of you guys don't play, but I wouldn't mind actually playing with more skilled PT's than myself... Ghetto layed down the whoop on me haha.
My FC is 4983-4601-3040. Online name Sulfa

Eljin

Smash Ace
once again thx bomb 4 the link nd add me 2 the list if u dnt mind... am i bumpin this thread or no???

n e who, Brawl FC: 1677-2129-9197 nd I live in Philadelphia. I jus got online like a couple days ago nd I hope every1 dsnt dread online exp cuz I wanna play. hit me up n e time cuz im dwn 2 play.

and wat is this, I have to ask any1 i want to play on this list if i can add them or i can jus add them nd b like "fight me" nd that b cool??

Bomber7

Smash Hero
once again thx bomb 4 the link nd add me 2 the list if u dnt mind... am i bumpin this thread or no???

n e who, Brawl FC: 1677-2129-9197 nd I live in Philadelphia. I jus got online like a couple days ago nd I hope every1 dsnt dread online exp cuz I wanna play. hit me up n e time cuz im dwn 2 play.

and wat is this, I have to ask any1 i want to play on this list if i can add them or i can jus add them nd b like "fight me" nd that b cool??
You don't have to fight anyone on the list, I just have it there for the convenience of people. You can challenge anyone whether they are on the list or not. There aren't any special rules here, just find someone to play online if you want to and go at it in whatever way you two see best, it's more or less a small meet N' Greet thread, a way to meet people. :)

Edit: You are now on the OP. Have fun. =D

Asa

Smash Hero
Asadelta (Asa)
FC: 0345-7811-2193

I'm three hours behind west coast.

Eljin

Smash Ace
all the ppl i added it still says Awaiting Registration 4 them... I wonder if I'll ever get a match online. tired of those whack With Anyone team battles that lag me, its like the match starts nd 2 seconds l8r its ova im like wtf... n e way PPL GET ONLINE nd TRAINER DITTO ME PLZ.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Awesome Hawaii. My uncle was there for a bout 3 weeks this past year. My dad was going to go however for some reason he didnt and that week he didn't go, turns out that was my uncles last week he was stationed there. >> gosh I'd love to go there to see the USS Arizona <3

Any way, I'll register you on the OP.

Asa

Smash Hero
Vancouver AND Hawaii? What's with that?

Also, let's play sometime. :)

I am from hawaii originally, but I go to college at UBC in vancouver. I'm usually on late evenings or mornings.

And yeah, the USS Arizona is a pretty cool thing to see

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I am from hawaii originally, but I go to college at UBC in vancouver. I'm usually on late evenings or mornings.

And yeah, the USS Arizona is a pretty cool thing to see
I can't help myself, I'm a huge fan of WWII, I find it the most interesting off all the wars America has been in. Plus I love our armed forces and the sacrifice they have made throughout our nation's history and the sacrifice they are making now during the war on terror. =D

Seeing the Arizona would be one of my dreams come true just see see the beautiful Pearl Harbor. We have the only D-day museum here in Louisiana in New Orleans, I've been there several times. I like it, it's always a fun visit.

Part of my liking WWII is that to me the technology was good, not too advanced, not to primitive. Don't get me wrong I like being able to push a button and a electronically guided missile blows up my opponent (I hope it make a cool booming nose XD) but from a gamer's point of view, I'd rather play a WWII game over a WWI, Civil War or Desert Storm.

But any who welcome to the PT boards.

Eljin

Smash Ace
Bomber wen it says Awaiting Registration by a players name it means they haven't been online to acknowledge u as a friend right? nd they only sho connection strenghts if sum 1 is online???

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber wen it says Awaiting Registration by a players name it means they haven't been online to acknowledge u as a friend right? nd they only sho connection strenghts if sum 1 is online???
Awaiting registration means that the person you registered hasn't registered you yet. Since I have my wii hooked in an area with no WI-FI I can't possibly register you. Now I have had a complication where I had to reregister someone and they had to do they same and the problem was fixed.

Also the bubbles next to the names are what I can tell to be signal strength.

Green being good

yellow being moderate

orange being slightly bad

red being poor.

However usually after two people have each other registered that bubble should be colored in.

Eljin

Smash Ace
k k thx

"However usually after two people have each other registered that bubble should be colored in."

the only line I have a problem with sum 1 still says Awaiting Registraion nd they bubble be green but im not gonna worry bout it ima play sum of u guys soon n e ways but thx B

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can I please be added to this list?

Name: Aero
FC: 0645-8896-9014

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Can I please be added to this list?

Name: Aero
FC: 0645-8896-9014
Sure thing =D

Heh, I used to use Aero as my name because I used it in melee, then used it earlier in my Brawl days, not anymore XD I'm Bomb now. But whatever, Welcome man.

Top Bottom