• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Also, as a side note to my last post, I have to give F-O credit for his support of Dragonite for the most part. After typing my last post I realized that he actually supports Dragonite NOT because everyone and their moma thinks he looks cool or looks "perfect" for brawl (which is a lot of why people like Lucario and Blaze) but more so because HE likes and wants Dragonite.

Dragonite seems to be to him what Blaze is to me. . . the pokemon that we favor the most. Thats what actually makes me different from the avrg Blaze supporter on forums like the N-sider . . . I look at this as my favorite pokemon getting in, not because I think she would be best suited for this game.

And on that note I officially take back say. . . 65% of my Lucario support. I have yet to train on but I hear his stats are only alil above normal (nothing great). His movie was coo but he aint the first non-legendary to star in a movie (the Unknown). The whole reason I first backed him was because he looks coo and I didn't know a thing about him at that time outside of his image. Also, his sig move is learned by 6 other pokemon so it aint so much of a Sig now is it?
The ONLY reason I partly support him now is because he is black ( duo to the great amount of African influance in both his design and over all character ) and I think he would rep us African descendants well. (Ganon is coo but hes a bad guy and only truly looks the part in TP)

*Another run on post. . . . got to stop over typing*
Edit- I might as well go 50/50 for Lucario seeing as I like Mimirol and want her in at a 50% support lev but I have yet to train one of them much like Lucario.

Wrath`

Smash Master
A good argument for fierce oni about why drognite should not be in brawl.
1.He dosnt show up throught the anime as frequent as others.
2.I dony recall him being a major part of any of the movies.
3.He's not the most popular pokemon here.If he is in japan, then I guess I'm wrong.
4.He's 7'3".Even bigger than mewtwo.
5.When you here drogonite you dont think oh he can whoop some as much as blaziken,lucario.

There is some intelligent argument for you OK.

kaid

Smash Master
1, 2, 4, and 5 are NOT inteligent arguments.
Anime is a guage of popularity. Popularity is NOT based off anime.
Size is not an issue, otherwise Pichu would be even smaller.
And I'm quite sure Fierce Oni Does think dragonite can "whoop some" as much as Blaze and Lucario.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Whatever dude.I wasnt just basing popularity off the anime/movies.Even in the game how many traners do you see with a dragonite in there team?
Pikachu=1'4".Pichu=1'.Pichu couldnt of been much smaller.
And you've got to admit.Anything bigger than mewtwo is too big. right?

kaid

Smash Master
Ridley is the most important Metroid character, short of Samus herself. He was tied for second on the entries that Sakurai posted on the official website, behind Dedede, and tied with Diddy Kong and Ike.

The size issue has been discussed and disproved numerous times. That argument fails.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Even if the size issue has been disproved can you imagine a charecter the size of some one who just ate a mushroom already starting out in a fight.Seems a little unfair compared to the size of the other charecters.And what if got another mushroom?

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
ok, now i'm officially annoyed by you koarin.

they would of course mae ridley short ( a little off topic but eh) so that kinda tells you that the may even make dragonite fit the height deal. duh. and that little bit on blaze wasnt even necassry... i mean come on, like 4 scrolls up and he's there. dont be so childish man

o, and black light, is lucario really black? then I must support him as well. there arent a bunch of black ppl on anime (cept on the Boondocks and Afro Samouri)

Wrath`

Smash Master
ok, now i'm officially annoyed by you koarin.

they would of course mae ridley short ( a little off topic but eh) so that kinda tells you that the may even make dragonite fit the height deal. duh. and that little bit on blaze wasnt even necassry... i mean come on, like 4 scrolls up and he's there. dont be so childish man
OFF TOPIC:would a short riddly justify him completelty.
ON TOPIC:does dragonite deserve a spot?If you want me to stop then give one final statment(s)about why your pokemon your polling for should be in brawl.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
off topic- yea idiot, didnt you watch the intro for ssbm. he was shrunk, and looked great, actually should have been a character in the game man

on topic-ummm, that made no sense, but i think you meant a final statement about why the pokemon i'm polling for should be in brawl....which is kind of dumb. we already settled why the only 3 pokemon that are usually being talked about here, i.e Dragonite, Blaziken and Lucario should be in, from the last 5 million post ( run a search for the last thread).

omfg
llll
llll
llll
llll
\ /
v

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder who besides FiErCe_oNi voted for Dragonite... ;)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
check the 3rd post...
trust me, Dragonite would have more votes if Lucario and Blaziken werent up there. even i was thinking about choosing Lucario over Dragonite when i figured 1 vote would be nothing to it. a mod should take off Lucario and Blaziken and see what happens. they are mean hogs... anyway koarin, were you saying something while i was asleep?
"does dragonite deserve a spot?"
oh, nice question. i wonder if i can ask the same question about Blaziken... the only pokemon you happen to support.
your arguments fail badly. can you think of ANYTHING plausible?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
That's why I doubt Blaziken AND Lucario will make it into Brawl, there SHOULD be a poll with the smaller, cuter candidates.

Wrath`

Smash Master
check the 3rd post...
trust me, Dragonite would have more votes if Lucario and Blaziken werent up there. even i was thinking about choosing Lucario over Dragonite when i figured 1 vote would be nothing to it. a mod should take off Lucario and Blaziken and see what happens. they are mean hogs... anyway koarin, were you saying something while i was asleep?
"does dragonite deserve a spot?"
oh, nice question. i wonder if i can ask the same question about Blaziken... the only pokemon you happen to support.
your arguments fail badly. can you think of ANYTHING plausible?
I would support dragonite.:chuckle: If he had a chance.Dragonite is cool,but I'm being relistic by backing a pokemon with a chance.I would back lucario ,but i'm not going with pokemon my enimes are backing.

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^@ MM
That wont go well IMO.

US/UK wants the "cool looking" and "bad arse" pokemon so thats the whole reason those 2 (3 if you look at Deoxy) get the most votes and than you see a select full people try to blast the lil bunny pokemon on it's thread.

Because it's not "cool" so they pick it apart as just some lame anime pick pokemon like Munchlex. Actually it would be logical to put her in in place of Jpuff or (more likely) Pichu because it's more popular in Japan than Jpuff was (which was VERY popular).

Don't worry, cute pokemon will get in because of Japan's love for cute pokemon. If anything we should expect their picks to get in ahead of ours seeing as they actually love pokemon collectively alot more than other areas (US/UK).

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I would support dragonite.:chuckle: If he had a chance.Dragonite is cool,but I'm being relistic by backing a pokemon with a chance.I would back lucario ,but i'm not going with pokemon my enimes are backing.
if you would support Dragonite if it had a chance, why are you flaming it whenever you have the chance? don't make up BS. Blaziken may not have as much as a chance as you think. its significance is minor and the only thing supporting it is a fad fanbase that isnt even present outisde the US. you don't want to support Lucario because Kaid supports it? you are basically saying that you are only supporting any characters so you can have a chance to argue with other people.
wait, i just realised thats obvious...
you are pathetic

Black/Light

Smash Master
^^^ No pokemon highly wanted for SSB is really "significant" (not even Lucario). Thats the funny thing about this series. . . there are few actually "important" pokemon to the series and the only "important" ones have lil fan following. The only "important" ones I can think of are the ones used to market stuff and Meowth.

And all poke-smash highly wanted pokemon are "fad fan-based".
I would back lucario ,but i'm not going with pokemon my enimes are backing.
WoK, Im your new enemy. . . .thats right, step AWAY from Blaziken and support Deoxy or something because your not really helping the cause.
(come back when you get alil better cause you all over the place son)

Wrath`

Smash Master
if you would support Dragonite if it had a chance, why are you flaming it whenever you have the chance? don't make up BS. Blaziken may not have as much as a chance as you think. its significance is minor and the only thing supporting it is a fad fanbase that isnt even present outisde the US. you don't want to support Lucario because Kaid supports it? you are basically saying that you are only supporting any characters so you can have a chance to argue with other people.
wait, i just realised thats obvious...
you are pathetic
I dont see dragonite with a strong fan base outside in japan now do I?To the support thing.If hitler were to support dragonite would you to?

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
I dont see dragonite with a strong fan base outside in japan now do I?
you dont see a strong fanbase of Dragonite when you go outside in Japan? that may be for 1 of 2 reasons; you never leave your house or you dont live in Japan.
To the support thing.If hitler were to support dragonite would you to?
if Hitler were to support breathing air, would you to?

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes but you do here of popular pokemon fan bases of japan when the internet.Dragonite overal is not that popular anyway.

The supporting means dont back your enimes canidate.Not life task(breathing????)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We don't know what is populair in Japan unless we hear otherwise... We've heard nothing especially about Dragonite, so I don't think Dragonite is more populair in Japan then in Europe, Australia or America.

Still... I don't see Dragonite make it as a playable character. And if they really wanted to do something with Dragonite, he'd be a Pokéball Pokémon in the first SSB. And I don't think he'd make in in a Pokéball in Brawl, since Rayqauza, Salamence and that land shark are the more populair, and newer Pokémon.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yes I agree with kongman.

OFFTOPIC;I just figured out why people say I have bad grammer.I dont re-read my post for errors.Sometimes i forget words,letters.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Yes but you do here of popular pokemon fan bases of japan when the internet.
ummm... translation?
Dragonite overal is not that popular anyway.
that is an opinion and Pichu wasnt popular before it was made into a character for Melee.
The supporting means dont back your enimes canidate.Not life task(breathing????)
according to your broken logic, enemies are not allowed to agree about anything. would you rather eat chocolate or cow poo? i would choose chocolate. i guess that only leaves you with 1 option...

Wrath`

Smash Master
ummm... translation?
that is an opinion and Pichu wasnt popular before it was made into a character for Melee.
according to your broken logic, enemies are not allowed to agree about anything. would you rather eat chocolate or cow poo? i would choose chocolate. i guess that only leaves you with 1 option...
1.Accidental(i'm reading before i post from now on)
2.Pichu had to be somewhat poular to get into melee
3.No it leaves me with a billion+ food chocies.So I choose chicken parmisan

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
2.Pichu had to be somewhat poular to get into melee
no it didnt.
3.No it leaves me with a billion+ food chocies.So I choose chicken parmisan
nope, you only had 2 choices. do you realise that your logic doesnt work now? im not best friends with Kaid but that doesnt stop me from supporting Lucario. If you dont want to agree with someone because you dont like them, you're practicly asking for enemys. wait, that doesnt seem like a problem because you seem like you want enemys anyway.

Top Bottom