• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Wrath`

Smash Master
you might as well call everyone a fire user.
These are the only peeps who dont have any fire in any moves
DK
Ice climers
Marth
pichu,
pika
dont say jiggy, use rest
dont leave to many peeps huh

Micahc

Smash Ace
you might as well call everyone a fire user.
These are the only peeps who dont have any fire in any moves
DK
Ice climers
Marth
pichu,
pika
dont say jiggy, use rest
dont leave to many peeps huh
Right, they need to throw in different elements. You can only go so far with fire. Earth would mix it up a bit.

Black/Light

Smash Master
That's the whole point.

We need more Villans, Females, and people who DON'T use fire.
Thats like saying we shouldn't have more ranged fighters because of the amount of characters with projectiles in melee.

One of the "big bad fire users" will probly get the boot (Roy) so Blaze wouldn't ADD to the number. . . the end.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually, it's more like the "No more Sword Users!" than that.
^^^a even better example. We see that Pitt and MK where added and that they are very unique (which is needless to say).

Fans REALLY wanted them, they got in, and they are unique even with the "no more swordsmen!!" BS that people was shooting from the mouth saying that we don't need anymore.

. . . .Really, this is just like that.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Thanks, Erlade seems to fit standard fighter requirements ( of course, by that I mean, it can fight and looks cool enough), and where I am, Gardevior was a commonly used Pokemon. We might be onto somthing with this one.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
It probably will, I can imagine if there is a newer PokeFloats, we will be on its head at some point by looking at the shape of it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If anything, we should have Mewtwo back... Really that's the ONLY Pokémon I really want! Lucario is also pretty deserving, but I still say that Mewtwo should have priority above all Pokémon on this poll.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
i know i'm late with this one,(just found the thread) but I think I can guess why they put in fire. fire is usually related in some way to destruction, and we have a bunch of that in ssb, although they'll likely add more, just for kicks.

Deoxys is more pokeball material. Just think, that is like 4 (reg, attack, defense, speed) pokeball all wiht the smae pokemon. It'd be great. and, as an even better idea, what about different types of pokeball. Like for pokemon like say the starters they definately will put in pokeballs, use a regular red/white. then for a stronger atticking one, use a great balls. and all the legendaries, and extreme significants they put in can be put into master balls/ultra balls\

also, for the record, i'll use abreviations from now on( pb, gb, ub, mb). The word ball doesnt need to be in a post that many times

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I say they shouldn't use different kinds of Pokeballs. Some people would stop going after regular Pokeballs, and in matches with only Pokeballs on, it becomes a competition on who will get the Ultraballs and Masterballs. Therefore I think it's better for them to leave it as just Pokeballs.

As for Deoxys in Pokeball, he should come out as regular and change to a certain form depending on the user's situation.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i'm busy for a few days and this thread has 4 pages? i'm a little late... oh well, i guess this has only really just started.
As much as Lucario is the most deserving pokemon, i chose Dragonite because Lucario doesnt need an extra vote (unless trying to rival pesky Blaziken, but its already doing that well) and more than 1 pokemon is going to be added.

Dragonite would be awsome. what could be more unique than a playing style such as that? add on its significance, and reasons why it shouldnt be a character barely exist. please, just click on my sig picture.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Dragonit is not mobile enough.And he's fat.That's right i said it he's fat.I would rather play mew2 than him and m2 is my worst charecter.I'm not saying that to make fun of m2 ethier

T-major

Smash Champion
Korotok:

Erlade:

Both, of course, were taken from the first google result from plugging in their names.
AHEM!! you forgot to include the obviouse choice! (obviouse to me at least)

Scyther's nine times better then that moustashioed... ant... thing, and that what-cha-ma-call-it. Scizor could also count as a blade user I guess, but his are more claw like.

theres also Kabutops

who is less generic in the fact that theres only one of them (but a lot less cooler then Scyther and Scizor)

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Dragonit is not mobile enough.And he's fat.That's right i said it he's fat.I would rather play mew2 than him and m2 is my worst character.I'm not saying that to make fun of m2 ethier
Bowser is mobile eh? look at how Mewtwo moves. it slightly hovers above ground when it sprints (and when it moves at all). there isnt any reason why Dragonite wouldnt be able to do the same.

Dragonite has one of the best flying abilities out of all pokemon as well as legs that it can use without problems. how is it not mobile?

anyway, the fact that it is fat (it could be used in different terms such as bulky) just makes it more unique and awsome.
fat: heavy. heavy characters: fun. amount of heavy characters in SSB: low. more heavy unique characters in Brawl: funner game.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Bowser is mobile eh? look at how Mewtwo moves. it slightly hovers above ground when it sprints. there isnt any reason why Dragonite wouldnt be able to do the same. Dragonite has one of the best flying abilities out of all pokemon as well as legs that it can use without problems. how is it not mobile?
anyway, the fact that it is fat (it could be used in different terms such as bulky) just makes it more unique and awsome. fat: heavy. heavy characters: fun. amount of heavy characters in SSB: low.
Areodactel is cool and is a better flyer.Bowser is a classsic and drag-queenonite isnt

the Marronator

Smash Ace
After seeing the 8th pokemon movie (from bittorrent), I was immediatly turned into a lucario fan boy. It was like "OMG, an actually good pokemon movie." That, and I've been obsessed with anubis, although I'd never think they would turn him into a pokemon.

It's sad, but I think lucario is the only character I really want to see in brawl. I trust Sakuri will do a nice job with the character roster.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
yea, now that I think about it , different pokeballs would be hectic. and the situation thing sounds like a good idea, but what situation are you talking about.

the floaty thing is kinda strange. I think that dragonite's wings would be strained. and also, having a big number of brawl character's can also be a downfall for the game. we dont need a bunch of heavyweights, but a good diversity of some other pokemon. that and they also have to put in heavy wieghts from other games

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
Areodactel is cool and is a better flyer.
what is your point? aerodactyl's chances of being a character are nearly nil. i dont see any point of comparing Dragonite to Aerodactyl. i only countered your point of Dragonite not being mobile.
Bowser is a classsic and drag-queenonite isnt
that was lame and pointless... nearly no characters are as classic. whats your point? i just used the fact that it isnt very mobile to counter your point... try coming up with better arguments and stop being such a stubborn fanboy. belive it or not, it is annoying.

Wrath`

Smash Master
FAN BOY? I'M NO FAN BOY.I DONT LIKE BOWSER ANYWAY I 'M JUST MAKING A POINT AND DRAGS CHANCE ARE SLIM TO SO SHUT UP:mad:

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
bowser fanboy? lol, i didnt mean that. i was just pointing out how you always attack other possible characters with bad arguments and dont change your mind about anything even after being beaten in arguments and stick to your ignorant decisions. you do it all the time. btw, you didnt make a point and nearly every pokemon has slim chances to you probably.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
you really should chill man, your way too defensive....
areodactel is cool, but would have a much better chance in a pokeball, sorry man.
nearly no pokemon are classics, or just plain VG characters

not to poke fun, but did you mean to use colons? (F_Oni)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Your starting to pizzle me off more than kaid.The pokemon that have a good chance are:lucario,blaziken,deoxys.My arguments are not pointless.And i atleast stick with my side,not be a wimp and keep fliping to who has more power.
ment for f oni

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
not to poke fun, but did you mean to use colons? (F_Oni)
the first time i made the name, i couldnt use spaces on the site and colons were the closest thing to them. i just decided to stick to using a colon rather than changing the name after that.
Your starting to pizzle me off more than kaid.
aid pizzles you off? why is that? because you cant stand up to him in an argument?

The pokemon that have a good chance are:lucario,blaziken,deoxys.
yeah right. they must have the biggest chances based on their score on the polls. guess what? american fans arent making this game. the developers will do the right thing, and that may not be putting in some of those characters and putting in others instead. i dont even see why Blaziken would have a good chance compared to Deoxys and Lucario. it isnt logical. a known fact is that it isnt as unique and significant counts to alot.
My arguments are not pointless.
yeah, being stubborn and denying to give up on arguments you have already lost and instead come up with pointless points is not pointless? state 1 point you have made so far.
And i atleast stick with my side,not be a wimp and keep fliping to who has more power.
noone said it is right to switch to what character is more popular. noone said it is right to stick with your decisions if they have flaws that people have pointed out. if you want to be ignorant, fine. just dont attack every other character with arguments that extremely suck at the same time.
ment for f oni
well duh.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
Quote:
The pokemon that have a good chance are:lucario,blaziken,deoxys.

yeah right. they must have the biggest chances based on their score on the polls. guess what? american fans arent making this game. the developers will do the right thing, and that may not be putting in some of those characters and putting in others instead. i dont even see why Blaziken would have a good chance compared to Deoxys and Lucario. it isnt logical.
lol, i taught you something.......and use the equal sign = in place of colon

Wrath`

Smash Master
the first time i made the name, i couldnt use spaces on the site and colons were the closest thing to them. i just decided to stick to using a colon rather than changing the name after that.
aid pizzles you off? why is that? because you cant stand up to him in an argument?

oh yes i can

yeah right. they must have the biggest chances based on their score on the polls. guess what? american fans arent making this game. the developers will do the right thing, and that may not be putting in some of those characters and putting in others instead. i dont even see why Blaziken would have a good chance compared to Deoxys and Lucario. it isnt logical.

nether is dragonite

yeah, being stubborn and denying to give up on arguments you have already lost and instead come up with pointless points is not pointless? OK, state 1 point you have made so far.

i have made many good points

And i atleast stick with my side,not be a wimp and keep fliping to who has more power.
noone said it is right to switch to what character is more popular. noone said it is right to stick with your decisions if they have flaws that people have pointed out. if you want to be ignorant, fine. just dont attack every other character with arguments that extremely suck at the same time.
When brawl comes out i will find you online and play you.That will settle this for good
well duh.
When brawl comes out i will find you online and play you.That will settle this for good

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
lol, i taught you something.......
you did?
and use the equal sign = in place of colon
"FiErCe=oNi"? its pretty witty... but i'll stick to what i have now.

oh yes i can
hmmm... i dont recall you standing up to Kaid in an argument ever taking place...

nether is dragonite
neither is Dragonite what?
yeah, being stubborn and denying to give up on arguments you have already lost and instead come up with pointless points is not pointless? OK, state 1 point you have made so far.

i have made many good points
nice example...

a match in brawl to settle an argument? that is highly illogical and highly unlikely...

Kirye

Smash Ace
He 'tried' to argue with kaid, but it was pretty much him saying random nonsense while Black/Light and kaid were debating.. Rofl.

I personally can't see Dragonite in Brawl, I guess mostly cause of the whole popularity, choosing less generic pokemon over others, and whatnot nonsense. o.< I wouldn't mind Dragonite in Brawl, he's always been one of my fave pokemon, but his chances are slim. T.T Lucario's a good Pokemon with a fairly high chance though, so I guess it can't be all that bad. I'd prefer Dragonite over Blaziken anyday. x.x

Anyway, don't bother debating with Wrath, he just kinda makes your intelligence dwindle trying to read his sense-lacking posts.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
well, here goes another flame war

and, although I hate to down anyone about hteir debate style, wwrath, you need to plan it out a little more. get a feel for ur opponent

kaid

Smash Master
And just because someone does not agree with you, does not make them idiots. I would hate to think of everyone who voted for Blaze being an idiot... the boards simply couldn't handle it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I just want to state something moronic about this topic and how the people here are arguing in this topic.

Who DESERVES a spot? Hummm, IDK. If you want to use anime importance for a reason why ANY pokemon should get in than guess what. . .Meowth deserves it more than any other pokemon. He is, to this day, the 2nd most seen pokemon in the main anime and even has his own advantures in the Pokemon Chronicles series which Pika aint in so he could very well hold more epis than Pika if you count the Chronicles series.

But, as we all know, IF they used the anime for choosing pokemon than he would have been in SSB. along side Pika. But Jpuff got in with Pika because more people liked her (in Japan). . .NOT because of her anime appearances.

So if you want to use anime appearance as any kind of reason than, by YOUR logic, Meowth-Wobbuffet-Combusken/ Grovlye (they both had the same amount of epis before they evol)-Mew (been in the most movies besides Pika and M2) and so on.

Trust me, in that area theres a LONG ways before you get to Blaze/ Deoxy and Lucario (notice that I arranged then in the amount of time they have been in the anime from most to least).

In truth, the only pokemon that "deserve" a spot are the ones you want because the ones that has the most collective fan-base are the ones that get in. But, as we all know, Japan may get more of the pokemon they want seeing as it is still a mac daddy hit over there well the rest of the world has moved so fare away from pokemon that the latest movies are DVD only and only get a tiny amount of advertizment (15 sec on the kids WB for a week or 2). And heres who they like over Lucario/ Blaze/ Deoxy according to native Japan gamers. . .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardevoir
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlade (not sure where he is in this but he seems to be in the top 4)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimirol (New Jpuff popular pokemon)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimilop (New Jpuff popular pokemon)
(One thing I love about the japan gamers when it comes to this game they want who they WANT and not who they think is the most "deserving" or the best fit. Sora is the 3rd most wanted 3rd party character on the poll yet here Sora fans are blasted with a " He was only in ONE bad GBA game! He doesn't "deserve" a spot!!")

So we can only hope that our favs get in because thats what it seems they look for if the last 2 games are anything. . . .who do the people want the most (fan-base) because thats all we really have to go on right now. (Maybe they try to also rep new features alil seeing as Pichu got in melee. . . but I think he would be replaced to rep a different feature pokemon)

Sorry, I mean't for this to be short :ohwell: .
Got alil carried away. . .

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
awwww, it's a little bunnny

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimirol (New Jpuff popular pokemon)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimilop (New Jpuff popular pokemon)

also, meowth hates fighting ( he is usually lazy, and like the giant robot----->explode approach)

wobbufet is already in game, and at any rate would only be able to counter

which leave grovyle and combusken, who are actually ok with me

Top Bottom