• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon - Edwguard F SSBB Mods

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
And FoD...? ;_____;
I would like to finish it but I have some problems with the reflection. Basically, I don´t convence the water reflection effect so I'm investigating the way to improve this. Maybe with a new specular effect or something like that. Sorry for the delay

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I would like to finish it but I have some problems with the reflection. Basically, I don´t convence the water reflection effect so I'm investigating the way to improve this. Maybe with a new specular effect or something like that. Sorry for the delay
np dude, sorry if I made you feel rushed (wasn't my intention)! Just wasn't sure what position it was in, since we've received updates on other stages but FoD+Brinstar have been in the background. We'd all prefer a more polished stage released a few extra weeks/months down the line than tomorrow though, so take your time; pretty awesome that you're still looking into even more effects to add, given how great it already looked in the WIP teaser

TvT

Smash Cadet
Luigi's Mansion Revamp, with originals colors nodes:

I like it! The subtle blue coloring of the new version really makes it pop. It gives it that true Luigi's Mansion look.

Would you mind terribly if I brought up your stage to the folks in the Project M XP thread? I feel that your omega easily outclasses the Omega stage that they have currently.

One more thing: what's the song that you used in the video? I've been looking for one more good Luigi's Mansion brstm for my build and that one really worked!

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
One more thing: what's the song that you used in the video? I've been looking for one more good Luigi's Mansion brstm for my build and that one really worked!
It's Twisted Mansion from Mario Kart 8.

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
I like it! The subtle blue coloring of the new version really makes it pop. It gives it that true Luigi's Mansion look.

Would you mind terribly if I brought up your stage to the folks in the Project M XP thread? I feel that your omega easily outclasses the Omega stage that they have currently.

Yeah! that would be great!

AizenX12

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to add an hd stage to my ssbb pm, it just lags out. Ive tried adding Kalos league and a lot of others and none work. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Time for an upgrade!!

I fixed the transparencies of the background, with more realistic lighting and specular efect on the surface.​

Grimdeath

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grimdeath
Time for an upgrade!!

I fixed the transparencies of the background, with more realistic lighting and specular efect on the surface.​
It´s nice to see all stages you have done. I really love your work :). I want to see more in the future.
Have a Happy New Year :)

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
You are a beautiful person and I love you

I haven't checked in here for a while. Do you have anything specific on the agenda? You seem to burn through these stages fast

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
You are a beautiful person and I love you

I haven't checked in here for a while. Do you have anything specific on the agenda? You seem to burn through these stages fast
Hahaha! Thanks P.T. I appreciate your words ;P. Well... now I'm working with DSX8 in some Wiiu stages. Later I would finish others WIP and others requests (sorry for the delay).

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hahaha! Thanks P.T. I appreciate your words ;P. Well... now I'm working with DSX8 in some Wiiu stages. Later I would finish others WIP and others requests (sorry for the delay).
Cool! Which WiiU stages currently, then? I don't have anything in mind, I just like seeing what you do because it's often stuff that I love regardless of my input.

buvk

Smash Rookie
I was wondering if you could release a version of Kongo Jungle without the barrel to more closely resemble the PM version.

BTW, amazing job with these stages. They all look great!

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Assuming the barrel doesn't have any collisions, you could just find the texture for it in BrawlBox and replace it with a blank, transparent image.

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Cool! Which WiiU stages currently, then? I don't have anything in mind, I just like seeing what you do because it's often stuff that I love regardless of my input.
Basically i'm working in the omega forms. Delphino, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Castle Siege, ect...

I was wondering if you could release a version of Kongo Jungle without the barrel to more closely resemble the PM version.

BTW, amazing job with these stages. They all look great!
It's only a texture.. you could delete from the brres

Omega version with original lighting ^^

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Basically i'm working in the omega forms. Delphino, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Castle Siege, ect...
Oh, cool. I personally prefer varied platforms, but I'll definitely try these. And having the material work done is always good. :p

Did you ever end up working with DSX8 for the non-omega Pokemon League stage?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
WIP - Palutena's Temple Omega almost finished :)

Dude, it's beautiful...

Just a suggestion: since a lot of people love the look of omega stages but wish there was more variety to them, maybe you could couple your omega releases with versions that have a platform here or there. Visually they're amazing but sometimes ya want a little more than FD.

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Dude, it's beautiful...

Just a suggestion: since a lot of people love the look of omega stages but wish there was more variety to them, maybe you could couple your omega releases with versions that have a platform here or there. Visually they're amazing but sometimes ya want a little more than FD.
Thanks PTy!!! I understand you but don't worry about that. DSX8 is doing the normal version and we'll release both stages very soon.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Dude, it's beautiful...

i asked the same thing in one of the WIP videos, custom "omega with platforms" should become a thing. DSX8 made a variation of Suzaku Castle with Battlefield's layout, i'm hoping for more of that

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
i asked the same thing in one of the WIP videos, custom "omega with platforms" should become a thing. DSX8 made a variation of Suzaku Castle with Battlefield's layout, i'm hoping for more of that
IMO if a lot of them were Battlefield-esque I would get bored of them nearly as quick as if they were like FD. They should be a little different. I don't even care if there's only one platform in the middle, just some difference would do

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
IMO if a lot of them were Battlefield-esque I would get bored of them nearly as quick as if they were like FD. They should be a little different. I don't even care if there's only one platform in the middle, just some difference would do
Yeah, I suppose that the Omega's stages can be more of the same, but it's good for the competitive and you can have more visual variety than the FD stage. Anyways, i'm working in other stages and maybe I could finish one of them during the Omegas's imports. But I need time for that.

Palutena stage Finished! I added the fogs, changes on the scene, fixed the water's materials and layers meshed for optimization...

TvT

Smash Cadet
Love your work, but I have to complain about false advertising:
What gives?
I don't claim to speak for my favoritest stage-modder in the whole world, but I believe he was working on the full version of Kalos League with DSX8, who, last I heard, had hit a coding snag with the water transformation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom