• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMario

Smash Master
A new pokemon that looks like a cross between Skitty and Raichu is visible in a new screen cap at Serebii, a better picture of "Angry Fish" is also available, as is also another shot of Fire Monkey's prevo, which actually has arms and legs.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Everyone here does realize that this has been 40 new Pokemon so far?

This is making me believe the 15X new Pokemon rumor, and we even have another corocoro after this.

Hmmm.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
The 15X rumor should have basically been confirmed when we found that ONLY Black and White pokemon could be caught before beating the Elite 4.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455

I'm sorry, but Zekrom can't hear you over his desire to ****ING KILL YOU

UberMario

Smash Master
Everyone here does realize that this has been 40 new Pokemon so far?
Isn't that a little steep?

They've revealed:

The Grass Starter (Snake)
The Grass Starter's Evo
The Fire Starter (Pig)
The Water Starter (Otter)
The Water Starter's Evo

The Chinchilla
The Dragon/Hamster Thing
The Flying Tapir
The Flying Tapir Mk. II
The Tiny Fire Ape

The Fire Ape
The Heart Bat
The Two Gears
The Pigeon
the Pigeon's Evo

The Gecko/Crocodile
The Zebra
The Goth
The Amoeba
The Rock Monster

The Chipmunk
The Chipmunk's Evo (Mongoose)
The Eagle
The Luvdisc Evo
The Flying Squirrel

The Fawn
The Swan
The Mole
The Mole's final evolution
The Tarantula

The Caterpillar
The Axe-head Dragon
The Cat
The Piranha
The Brocolli

The Sarcophagus
The Little Fox
The Transforming Fox (Zorro)
The Fire Legendary
The Lightning Legendary

The Fenix Fox Fire-Type Legendary

Wait, that's 41, wow. 0_o The roster is going to be huge at this rate.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Why are people so quick to rule out Zorark as a legendary? Why can't a legendary have an evolutionary line? Manaphy was the first legendary pokemon who could bread, so why can't Black and White introducte the first legendary who evolves?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
CRASHiC does have a point.

Maybe it's because some people are still ticked off at the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are both event-only...

And that you get them separately for some reason.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
CRASHiC does have a point.

Maybe it's because some people are still ticked off at the fact that Zorua and Zoroark are both event-only...

And that you get them separately for some reason.

That reminds me. When I was little, I heard of a Pokemon Event at ToysRUs. o we drove for a hour to it, and then found out that it was torn down.

Waste of hour.

Edit: I thought I was making stupid mistake. Thanks roach.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I say mostly because it looks like the new Lucario.

Lucario looks like a legendary (trust me, back in the D/P days, I actually made that mistake myself), has a prevo, can get them in an event (Lucario in this case is an in-game event), they're both fox like (I know Lucario is based on Anubis, but you can't rule out he looks kind of wolfish or foxish), they're both featured in a movie and now they're both featured on almost every single kind of merchandise you can find on the games (well, Lucario had merchandise BACK THEN at least), etc.

The list can go on really.

EDIT:

It's ToysRUs XD

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
He's probably the least llama looking Poke there is.

Anyway that new Normal type looks cute. I think I'll get one of them too.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Lucario is a jackal, I believe.

Also, seriously, what exactly is it that makes people decide, "This guys LOOKS like a legendary." Is there some hidden criteria for this which I missed?

M.K

Level 55
That's pretty subjective. We've come to expect certain criteria/slots to be filled within the game, and we tend to mold the Pokemon to that description in our head. It's the exact reason why Zoroark feels like Lucario, Victini originally felt like the other Phantom Pokemon, and why Gear feels so typical of Magnemite/Bronzor.

The labels don't actually exist, they simply are molded from preconceived notions of what should and should not exist as the typical norm.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
If you look at legendaries as opposed to other Pokemon, there's a difference with most of them.
That's rather vague. What difference? Level of detail? Mew looks fairly plain. Size? Wailord and the BST 100 legends say hi. Demeanour? Shaymin looks like a com-mon and all the pseudo legends look fairly intimidating.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think it really is just vague association. I don't know what it is myself, but Victini deffinately looked legendary to me, while Zoroark did seem to be in a situation like Lucario. However, since Lucario is Anubis the Egyptian Boxer while one is more like a demon-kitsune, I don't really associate them PHYSICALLY much.

EDIT: Is it seriously 40 right now? o_O

Oh my god, it IS 41. 42 if you count the broccoli thing, I don't even know about that anymore. Was it legit or not? O_o

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well RR, compare a Weedle to a Zeckrom. Zeckrom is obviously the legendary here

There isn't that much to say besides that you can just TELL. It's instinct that leads you to make conclusions on whether or not a pokemon is legendary

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay yeah, there were faked things again. Lovely.

So that makes 40, assuming the Brocco-monkey is still not confirmed. Also, since the isshu dex is all 5th gen, that leaves 39 pokemon MINIMUM that we don't know about, leaving us with 79 pokemon.

If the 150 pokemon rumors are true, which they could be at this point, then we will still have 71 pokemon after THAT going past Chillarmy on the regional dex.

First time in a while I've been amused by mathematics.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Thats about right.

On the Zoroak thing: Sure, Manaphy could breed. But the egg didn't hatch into a Manaphy. It's a special rule for Manaphy. Not among legends, but a special rule separating him from all Pokemon. Now, Zoroak cannot be a legendary simply because he evolves. It's in the nature of Legendary pokemon. Proffesor Rowan says it makes him question the fact that they are Pokemon period, right? So legendaries must have that, or they simply aren't legendaries.

On Labels: Victini doesn't seem like a Phantom Pokemon. Victini, i'm willing to say, and so was Bulbanews and Pokemon Sunday, IS a Phantom Pokemon. And why do we accosiate Magnimite with Gear? Magnimite seem to have the same sort of Peer to Peer connection that Magnimite have. And for Bronzor? They look the same. Some labels aren't labels and rather just similiar Pokemon, in which can be labeled. And some are actually labels recogniozed by nintendo.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Apart from like 3 4th gen ones, Legendaries are Pokemon that are designed to look important.

Anyway all these new Pokes are slightly annoying me for some reason, just now I'd prefer to have information on the game mechanics etc. Seeing pictures is cool but I'd like to know more about the game if that makes sense.

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Apart from like 3 4th gen ones, Legendaries are Pokemon that are designed to look important.

Anyway all these new Pokes are slightly annoying me for some reason, just now I'd prefer to have information on the game mechanics etc. Seeing pictures is cool but I'd like to know more about the game if that makes sense.
I hear ya. High Link is still bugging me. Remember when that dude changed his cloths? I wanna know if i can do that outisde of high link, or become more than a mailman. It's slightly, if not a lot, more interesting than a few more Pokemon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Okay yeah, there were faked things again. Lovely.

So that makes 40, assuming the Brocco-monkey is still not confirmed.
You might as well add in the two fire-starter evos and the final of water and grass. We know they're coming.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You might as well add in the two fire-starter evos and the final of water and grass. We know they're coming.
Well, yeah.. We know they're coming, we just know nothing about them. =P

Well, that just makes it 44 pokemon right now, 35 pokemon left at least for a total of 79, and 67 left to reach 150.

...I think.

majora_787

Smash Hero
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Isshu_Pokédex_number

The highest pokemon # revealed so far is 78, so there must be at least that many pokemon. And because the index starts at 000 rather than 001, we have to add 1 to 78 to get the minimum number.

:034:
He's exactly right. Since Chillarmy is #078 in the regional Isshu dex, and there's a #000, That's 79 total spaces in the regional dex as a whole.

It really helps to know that the regional dex is ONLY 5th generation, this math would be impossible otherwise. :bee:

UberMario

Smash Master
I think it's fairly obvious that Chillarmy won't be the last pokemon in the dex, and considering:

1st Gen: 151 pokemon
2nd Gen: 100 pokemon (including 17 linked directly with earlier pokemon [8 pre-evolutions, 4 branched evolutions and 5 standard evolutions])
3rd Gen: 135 pokemon (including 2 linked directly with earlier pokemon [both pre-evo]
4th Gen: 107 pokemon (including 29 linked directly with earlier pokemon [7 pre-evo )and 22 standard evolutions])
5th Gen 40-41 pokemon SO FAR (including 1 linked directly with an earlier pokemon [evolution])

I think it's pretty fair to say we'll get at least 100, and also considering how many pokemon leaked so far, I think it will be in between 130 and 160, and also I think that Luvdisc would be in the Isshu dex, considering it's evolution will be. (And it's pretty easy to see in the artwork that it IS a Luvdisc evolution)

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I think it's fairly obvious that Chillarmy won't be the last pokemon in the dex, and considering:

1st Gen: 151 pokemon
2nd Gen: 100 pokemon (including 17 linked directly with earlier pokemon [8 pre-evolutions, 4 branched evolutions and 5 standard evolutions])
3rd Gen: 135 pokemon (including 2 linked directly with earlier pokemon [both pre-evo]
4th Gen: 107 pokemon (including 29 linked directly with earlier pokemon [7 pre-evo )and 22 standard evolutions])
5th Gen 40-41 pokemon SO FAR (including 1 linked directly with an earlier pokemon [evolution])

I think it's pretty fair to say we'll get at least 100, and also considering how many pokemon leaked so far, I think it will be in between 130 and 160, and also I think that Luvdisc would be in the Isshu dex, considering it's evolution will be. (And it's pretty easy to see in the artwork that it IS a Luvdisc evolution)
While it may be obvious, Majora was giving what we know for certain, and then gave an estimate on the rest, rather than combining the two numbers and losing accuracy.

:034:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Two problems.

1. Luvdisc ISN'T in the isshu dex.
2. We don't know that it's Luvdisc's evo. It probably isn't, the shared traits are pretty...passing.

We'll probably know everything in September. Might take til October, it took a while for people to hack the game and find Arceusv for the 4th gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom