• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Bah, I'm gonna have to ask my cousin for his DS to transfer Pokemon.

I wish they had a different way of doing that since some people don't have two DS's.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Well really, what other way could they do it?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
ewww. I must have missed this update. Why do they make you play games before you get your pokemon. I surprised that they are getting rid of the super long trading animation.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I wish they just made Pal Park again but with like a 100 Poke limit or something.

Or maybe like a Pal Park where you have to defeat your Pokes with your new ones. Then your character captures them once they've fainted.

Edit:

And on a completely different note, I just read bulbapedia and they think that the Legends are just going to keep on getting stronger and stronger.

I disagree with that, I think that they just decided to make a God Pokemon and introduced it in Gen 4. I don't think that Reshiram or Zekrom are going to be stronger than Arceus and I don't think any Legendary introduced this gen will be either.

The only thing I can see equaling or topping Arceus is when they inevitably create Legends that represent Life and Death.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
In all honesty I might want to just setup my team as the following:

Luxray (M) - Simba
Luxray (F) - Nala
Miruhoggu - Timon
Pokabu's evolution - Pumba
Infernape - Rafiki
Chatot - Zazu

Mewter

Smash Master

Weird throw animation is weird.
I love how even though she is throwing with her right hand, it teleports instantly to the left and from that point on decides to conform to Newtonian physics.

That or she has a really mean curveball.

JamesKKcameron

Smash Rookie
The best thing about the game is, it can gives you the fun and excitement and at the same time you can learn lots of things from it. This game is almost same like I am thinking so I play it all the time and I become the master of it also.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Would it really be that hard for GF to make a left-handed person?

Or at least make Pokeballs come from your right hand when they're thrown from there?

firelord767

Smash Apprentice
Grass/Pysc and Fire/Psyc are pretty groovy IMO. Especially the latter. Thats probably the only reason i half like Victini.

On a related note, i'm really jammed for the new Fire/Meat-type starters.

M.K

Level 55
Game Freak doesn't design Pokemon based on competitive standards. Ever. Game Freak didn't do a "good job" or "bad job", they just made a Pokemon.

M.K

Level 55
Yeah surprisingly, I've come to dislike Zoroark.
Pretty much the same reason I dislike Lucario, they just keep shoving it down your throats like:

"Zoroark revealed! ZOROARK MOVIES! ZOROARK EVENTS, PLUSHIES, SIPPY CUPS, CONDOMS, ZOROARK! KIDS? ZOROAARRKK!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Game Freak doesn't design Pokemon based on competitive standards. Ever. Game Freak didn't do a "good job" or "bad job", they just made a Pokemon.
Actually, in an interview, they said that some pokemon were very well designed with competitive measures in mind. Sure gimkcs aren't, but there's nothing wrong with having a Dan.
And for Celebi having such a "bad" typing it certainly is a beast in the metagame. Now with Sal being Uber, Water/Fire/Grass types are all incredibly wanted types to have on a team. Victini being fire may very well have some great use despite its "bad" typing, bad being based on our current metagame which is destined to change.

M.K

Level 55
Do you have a link to the interview?.
Game Freak also said in an interview they didn't know the competitive side existed.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yet they throw competitions for it? hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr The link was posted on Smogon, hold on.

EDIT-
The reason why we put things like IVs and EVs into the game is because we wanted to give players that are really into Pokemon battles much more to work with and much more to enjoy. We have a team that's dedicated to constantly enhancing and evolving the battle system. They have so many ideas and such a willingness to enhance the game. They're always thinking of ways to make battles more interesting. One example from this generation is that they separated moves into physical attacks and special attacks, which adds more versatility and strategy to both offense and defense. They always listen to player feedback and they battle a lot themselves. This team is the reason why Pokemon has such a rich battle system that's always evolving.
http://e3.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...atinum-particle-physics-bridges-and-more.html

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I would like to point out that unless Game Freak makes every single Pokémon Steel, Water, or Dragon, people will complain about them not caring about competitive players by bringing up stuff like Vespiquen.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No one can please everyone, but with what they have done so far we have many healthily competitive tiers, so they haven't done much wrong so far.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
The tiers change fairly often too, right?

So is the seasons thing a rumor or is it confirmed?
If you watched the trailer you would see that seasons are confirmed.

Anyone who thinks Game Freak doesn't pay attention to the competitive aspects of the Pokemon series is stupid.

Yeah, GF definitly has an eye on the competitive scene they just aren't perfect about balancing the game. There have been a lot of changes made to make pokemon more powerful or weak. Giving rock types a special defense boost in sand, lowering hypnosis accuracy, etc.You also have to remember that GF has put a lot of emphasis on double battles which are the standard in competition almost everywhere except the US. So certain pokemon that are "unbalanced" in single play aren't nearly as bad in doubles.

GF also has to make pokemon for in-game and story purposes. Not every pokemon is going to get a BST of 600 because some pokemon are supposed to be inherently more powerful than others. There are a few abilities that don't do anything in battle as they are supposed to be used for the main quest. They aren't lazy or stupid, they just have to make a complete game; one that is enjoyable for both casual and competitive players. This doesn't mean they don't make mistakes of course.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
To be fair they do try to balance out their mistakes as well.

It's a shame that Shoddy doesn't have double battles, imagine all the new strategies that would open up with it introduced.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
To be fair they do try to balance out their mistakes as well.

It's a shame that Shoddy doesn't have double battles, imagine all the new strategies that would open up with it introduced.
This is why I use PO

It has doubles for every tier. Bad thing it's invaded by noobs so Smogon doesn't pay attention to their competition :ohwell:

M.K

Level 55
I'm sure Game Freak pays attention to the competitive side, but I doubt they are like "Well, Stealth Rock seems to be a running problem, so let's put in a Pokemon that is immune/counters that", which gives us Victini because they're not really sure what's good/bad in the metagame.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
They've already revealed the goth girl that's immune to Stealth Rock.

I bet they'll introduce a move that rids the field of entry hazards and happens to be better than Rapid Spin. Or heck, give more Pokes Rapid Spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom