• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMCE (Complete Extension) PACKAGE 2 - UPDATE IS LIVE!!! ENJOY!!!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The hype... I can hardly contain it.
We recommend purchasing a few pairs of wriststrap extenders, to place over your standard Project:M wriststraps. To contain hype, wrap the extenders around your wrists for every additional texture or model added by our team. We appreciate your patronage and/or heart attack(s).

splat

Smash Lord
I was a tad bored and noticed you were using the old PM logo still, so I made something for you guys (if you don't want to use them it's fine too, of course):

Also, very curious to see what you guys have in storage for the new pack. Any sneak peeks?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
I was a tad bored and noticed you were using the old PM logo still, so I made something for you guys:

Also, very curious to see what you guys have in storage for the new pack. Any sneak peeks?
Much appreciated! We're familiar with your work, and as far as I understand, Bamesy has been in contact with you for our stage edits. If you'd like, just pm me and we'll show you a few things we're working on.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I was a tad bored and noticed you were using the old PM logo still, so I made something for you guys (if you don't want to use them it's fine too, of course):

Personaly, i prefer the first.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
The Tournament pack is still coming out this week right? ...Right?

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Was hoping to release some tourney pack stuff tonight, but we ran into some issues that should be resolved soon. In the meantime, get hype with a few screens!

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Was hoping to release some tourney pack stuff tonight, but we ran into some issues that should be resolved soon. In the meantime, get hype with a few screens!

Two questions. Is that an alternate version of Floating Island with a Metal Gear Solid flavor, and is the right side walkoff or is that just a trick of the angle and it actually drops down?

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
It's the Floating Island layout, with a couple fixed collision glitches and an adjusted blastzone.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
It's coming tonight. I literally have the DL link in front of me. I just need the OK to from Nausicaa to post it.

Expect a release of the Tourney Pack within the next few hours.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It's coming tonight. I literally have the DL link in front of me. I just need the OK to from Nausicaa to post it.

Expect a release of the Tourney Pack within the next few hours.
That was surprisingly fast after my post. Looking forward to seeing the work you guys have done.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll be doing that this weekend likely.
My SD loader thingy broke and needs replacing, so I can't even play on this final build yet myself. XD
Otherwise, pics are coming from others too, we'll have them up soon. :D

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
While I'm not a big fan of cbliss and some of the textures selected, It's a nice combination of stages, I've already extracted the Shadow Moses Island: CE and the Port City Aero Dive: CE for my own custom pack. I might take a few others after some extra time on it. All in all, nice work on this.

I noticed that while there are images in place on the stage-random screen, there are no larger images that display when you've selected something. It isn't a big deal, but it might be a little jarring to see a small picture of Grasslands and a wider image of Big Blue displaying. I need to correct this in my own custom pack as well.

Another question I wanted to ask, Is the Summit in this pack actually a smaller stage than the Summit PM that was already out there?
Also, is it possible to make the ledge/wall more pronounced in Flat Zone: Kitchen? It seems kind of blended in with the stuff that's already positioned to the side and feels a tad jarring when walking off it. I'm sure it can be gotten used to, it's just a tad deceiving. Just my two cents.

I'm sure I'll pop back in here to see how things go. Overall, nice job guys.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Will download in a bit and test out later. I'm downloading some other things at the moment, but once every thing is all said and done I will edit this post with thoughts.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I put together a quick version of the GnW Kitchen with a more apparent side if anyone is interested. Not trying to advertise, just figured I'd post it here in case anyone else had a problem with the way it was setup too. Hope that's alright.

If you like it, here's the download.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
We were gonna do a lighter grey for the background in the final build, but that's quite nice too Pwnz0rz Man. Good stuff. :)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
We were gonna do a lighter grey for the background in the final build, but that's quite nice too Pwnz0rz Man. Good stuff. :)
Thanks, It's the first time I've ever edited a stage. Probably shows, but I was satisfied with the end result.

I had another question regarding the pack that I was uncertain of.
Is it possible to have your version of Port City Aero Dive have a moving background, or it the very style of the stage too difficult to make work without making it static? The stage is great, but it feels a little weird when you're used to the normal roaming version to not at least have cars moving around in the background.

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
My main issue stems from the textures represented in this package. They seemed poorly designed and out of place. Example: Ness texture with green thing in his ears. I guess he's supposed to look like an alien of some sort but no. Or a green Pikachu with awkward pink cheeks. And really there's tons more of a strange and misfit textures. And of course, the portraits. I never would've thought that Squirtle could look like a pedophile until now. It honestly scarred me. I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life because of that csp.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Good edit. Most stages will function very differently than G&W stage, as that stage you essentially edited a texture that enveloped an entire section of the stage, as the stage is made through texture-animations and the like. Where usually a single texture implies a single model, and to change something like a background (many models with textures attach to them) you'll basically do the same thing, but have to do many of them, and then a bit of model moving. Did you do it through BrawlBox? It's pretty visually easy to see in that program.

The background involves a lot of animations, and we actually just froze the stage at a certain point in the animation. It would take a lot of animating to get it to move and not impose on the play-area (like provide random visual platforms/etc throughout its moving process), which we just don't think is worth it. Though we had to do a lot of adjusting just to make it freeze and rotate to be in a somewhat visually appealing part of the stage, so it's not TOO bland... since without moving, it's a lot lamer than the Port Town we all love regardless of what we do. D:

My main issue stems from the textures represented in this package. They seemed poorly designed and out of place. Example: Ness texture with green thing in his ears. I guess he's supposed to look like an alien of some sort but no. Or a green Pikachu with awkward pink cheeks. And really there's tons more of a strange and misfit textures. And of course, the portraits. I never would've thought that Squirtle could look like a pedophile until now. It honestly scarred me. I'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my life because of that csp.
GREEN EARS I KNOW!!!
I totally commented on it too. XD
I don't know what it is!

Keep in mind, this was quickly finished and published because of the announcement of 3.0, and how cBliss may not even interact with the Costume Engine, etc, so we left things like hat-less Tron Mario (all Mario's should have hats in a final tourney-functional build) because they're 1) Easy for OTHERS to replace and 2) Not TOO imposing on the game.

Smash 3 textures will feel these slots eventually. As well as a lot of other texture changes in the final build. Enjoy it for what it is for now. Glad you like some stuff. :) lol @ Squirtle thing.

Edit: It's quite easy to replace portraits / some of the textures you don't like, even just following the links on the OP, and you'll have plenty of content from SJS's stuff to match Vault-stuff, and programs to do it all easily.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Well I hate to say it, but the texture work is definitely a bit of a mess. We didn't make any of the textures themselves (I just made CSPs/BPs), and I was really just working off what was on BV. We intended to be a cBliss texture compilation, not a retexture project. There's not an insane amount of pure textures (aka not model changes) on BV surprisingly, especially for every character so it's expected that quality on some of them is kinda iffy. I'll probably release a version using Smash 3 later this week, but obviously that won't contain full cBliss if you'd rather use that. Also, I'm sorry you're scared of Squirtle :lol:

EDIT: Also, the Ness green ears thing is supposed to be Quote from Cave Story, so take that however you will hahaha

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Good edit. Most stages will function very differently than G&W stage, as that stage you essentially edited a texture that enveloped an entire section of the stage, as the stage is made through texture-animations and the like. Where usually a single texture implies a single model, and to change something like a background (many models with textures attach to them) you'll basically do the same thing, but have to do many of them, and then a bit of model moving. Did you do it through BrawlBox? It's pretty visually easy to see in that program.

The background involves a lot of animations, and we actually just froze the stage at a certain point in the animation. It would take a lot of animating to get it to move and not impose on the play-area (like provide random visual platforms/etc throughout its moving process), which we just don't think is worth it. Though we had to do a lot of adjusting just to make it freeze and rotate to be in a somewhat visually appealing part of the stage, so it's not TOO bland... since without moving, it's a lot lamer than the Port Town we all love regardless of what we do. D:
I didn't edit the stage in BrawlBox, I actually exported the AstSoldier0 from the TextureData[0] and worked on it via Paint.net. I wouldn't know where to begin actually altering the picture of the stage in BrawlBox.

Port City still looks nice, and I enjoy how even through the platform setup is similar in design to some others, the top platforms are much more narrow, which leads to different play. You guys did very well, all things considering, and I'm happy to finally be able to play an F-Zero stage on my own build thanks to it. Also, if not for you guys, I wouldn't be able to really play an MGS or Game and Watch stage either. So again, thanks for all your work.

Edit: Squirtle totally does look like a Pedophile, and it's absolutely hilarious. You should make an entire series of joke CSPs in the future where every character is giving you a seductive or perverted look.

Top Bottom