• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PMCE (Complete Extension) PACKAGE 2 - UPDATE IS LIVE!!! ENJOY!!!

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
All Stages from the 2.6 Tourney Stage-Pack
Now for 3.02

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n4yzhd2jj95jnf/PMCE 3.02 Tourney Pack.7z

Old Post Details

WHAT IS THIS?

-
This is a combination of cBliss (Character Happy - 10 Textures on every Character), CEP (A version of Classic Expansion Pack - 9 Bonus Stages), and PM (Project: M 2.6b - most current version available)
-

- At the moment, 2 versions of this Package are planned to be Complete for Download with PM3.0

OTHER INFORMATION

- Other expansions regarding SFX/etc will potentially be added in the future once the bulk of the work is finished within the current plans.

- This content is being released because of the announcement of 3.0, and how much will need to change and be added in relation to 2.6b content.

- Along with the necessary adjustments to be made (cBliss interaction with new characters and the Costume Engine for example), release for PM3.0 is completely undetermined. -
- In the meantime, the current project with this combination is well under-way, and due to 3.0 coming soon, we figured it was worth publishing the content in the current 2.6b for the short wait. This includes much of what will be in the 3.0 version of Package 2, but a LOT will be different, as everything is subject to change.

The Packages

PACKAGE 1 (Casual Play)

- This is purely for Personal Compilations. Once finished, it will be filled in with hand-picked assortments of materials from elsewhere, and a greater expansion with SFX and the full 78 Stage CEP. This includes BrawlVault, from-scratch work, and various other sources.

- An art team is on board, and with them, we aim to have a very proper and fun art-style to go with this. We'll try to accommodate the professionalism of the PMBR's aesthetics team, while still giving the game some raw community flare.

-​
Any help, requests, suggestions, critique, comments, contributions, and so on, is very welcome. This is just beginning and the more community participation, the better. You know what you can do, and we'd love your help!
-

- In other words, as we start to better understand the finer details of what needs to be done and how to efficiently do things, the more involvement we get from the community = the better the Packages will be. -

PACKAGE 2 (Competition)

- This is catered towards Competitive Play. It will consist of an entirely tournament-functional Extended Stage-List, and Character textures and aesthetics that won't hinder game-play in any way.

- Essentially, it will be the version of the Package aimed to be an extension of Project: M itself, and their goals with the game. Meaning, without inconsistency or distraction from the game-play, but still be have a heavy connection to the whole involvement and collaboration of the Greater Smash Community, and what everyone can come up with together.

- Again, any help, requests, suggestions, critique, comments, contributions, and so on, is very welcome. There will be some work-load flushed out and clarified regarding this Package in the next few weeks as well, even if the majority of it won't be in development until later. -

Note: Both Packages will include all information and aesthetics in the game, enabling anyone to know what's in the game and what to expect, without leaving anything out.
Other Notes:
- The more community involvement, the better.

- The time-frame of these Packages are presently undefined.

- Until then, this is what we have to offer regarding the cBliss + CEP + PM2.6b Package.

THE CURRENT PACKAGE

- Work is being done on Complete Packages, but this at least allows you to have the coding and accommodating folders to play with the full Extension yourselves since that much is complete and available. -

This Package includes.
- Codes and Folders allowing cBliss, CEP-9, and PM2.6b to all work as a set.

Notes:
- This Package is for public use and you can do whatever you want with it. Take things like SJS's Portraits, and anything else you can find around the Vault and other sources, as well as your own personal stuff, and fill it up on your own.

If you're up for it!
- If you fill out a few folders (For Example: If you edit the Character Select Screen Portraits/Fill in all character Textures/Anything) feel free to post it in this Thread.

How To Work with the Package:
- Replace any Extended Textures in with your own collections, or visit the cBliss Character Filler thread to get help and resources.

- To do modifications to the Extended Stage List, it will be easiest to use the Stage Managing Tool, as it eliminates much of the work required with custom folders. All Stages in the Package now are playable without issue, so matches can be played anywhere.

If you find an issue with the Download Link or Package at all, leave a comment and details.
Thank you all, and enjoy!

- Nausicaa, Dmickolas, Pat Anderson, Eisen, Libertyernie, Amazerromu, Galaga4991, Splat, and the rest of the PMCE Team.
<3

Change-Log

August 3rd, 2013
- Thread Created

August 4th, 2013
- Minor-Detail Update in the Thread + I Officially Leave (See you late-August!)

November 27th, 2013
- OP update, announcement of Package 2 release for 2.6b (should be tonight!)

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Recommending all of BBQ's stages, SJS's CSPs/BPs/Menu Stuff (Project M pack, and thread with a CSP for almost every texture in existence), and Shun_One's textures/HUDs.
This all seems like it would blend very well with our plan. No promises, but we definitely discuss these. Thanks for sharing.

Concerning Shun's work, we are already using it for the most part. Slight exceptions have been made thus far (for instance, we currently use infinitesmashteam's Sonic Generations model), but otherwise we have kept with his work, as it's very impressive.

EDIT: forgot to link the model

EDIT 2: Got around to looking at the links in SJS's thread... you weren't kidding. Wow. This will be thoroughly looked at. We had a different art style going already, but this is compelling.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
Personally I'd say it's pretty much impossible that we'd use anything but the SJS portraits. They're seriously too good.

Oh yeah, and I'm a guy who's working on this too. So, if it's okay with other project members, I'll be open to suggestions as I'm taking up a certain load of the work here.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Personally I'd say it's pretty much impossible that we'd use anything but the SJS portraits. They're seriously too good.

Oh yeah, and I'm a guy who's working on this too. So, if it's okay with other project members, I'll be open to suggestions as I'm taking up a certain load of the work here.
To be fair, it sounds more significant than "a certain". Don't let him be modest, guys.

Right now, we're still discussing the art style. I prefer the SJS stuff, as does Eisen apparently, but we already had an angle that was accommodating for a lot of the stuff we had. It's possible that we'll just release two versions. Things are still very up in the air, though.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Would you all like to include this more Project M-ified SSS that I made? Colors and things can be changed of course. I was actually working on a personal project like this myself and would love to help!

And I actually have my expansion set up so that random only picks between the tournament legal stages and the plethora of FD and/or Battlefield textures that I've added.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Would you all like to include this more Project M-ified SSS that I made? Colors and things can be changed of course. I was actually working on a personal project like this myself and would love to help!

And I actually have my expansion set up so that random only picks between the tournament legal stages and the plethora of FD and/or Battlefield textures that I've added.
That's awesome. So everyone knows, Amazerommu's jumped on the project, too. It's getting pretty serious.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Which files in the pf folder are important for CBliss? I'm downloading this so I can cannibalize it for work on my personal PM setup.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Which files in the pf folder are important for CBliss? I'm downloading this so I can cannibalize it for work on my personal PM setup.
We expected this, so don't feel the need to use harsh verbs like "cannibalize". haha We're glad we helped out a little.

This is what the official cBliss thread says. We already did all of the filling except for the fighter folder, however:

Which cosmetics do I need?
Everything is already provided for you in the Kit!
But what is needed is:
Character Select Portraits [CSPs]
Battle Portraits [BPs]
Result Screen Portraits [RSPs]
StockIcons [CSS] [SSS and Result ones are optional]

Which files do I need?
You will need the FitCharacterXX.pac & FitCharacterXX.pcs for the new costumes.
Yes! You will need both the .pac [uncompressed] and .pcs [compressed] files.
There are few special apples though:
-Peach needs an entry.pac for each costume.
FitPeachEntry06.pac - FitPeachEntry09.pac
-Pokemon Trainer needs a final.pac for each costume.
FitPokeTrainerFinal05.pac - FitPokeTrainerFinal09.pac
Peach's and PT's extra files are already provided in the kit!
-Kirby Hats.
Kirby hats are optional and will not freeze. If a new costume gets swallowed the hat would be the default for
that character.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Haha, I didn't mean for cannibalize to be seen as a harsh word so much as I like the word so I used it. Anyways, thanks for the help. I guess what I'll do is replace my files with yours and then add and remove things as I see fit (aka, add Melee SFX and remove SEP). Dang, I wish I had been a little more lazy with my transition from 2.5b to 2.6, I just got things the way I like them earlier today :p

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Haha, I didn't mean for cannibalize to be seen as a harsh word so much as I like the word so I used it. Anyways, thanks for the help. I guess what I'll do is replace my files with yours and then add and remove things as I see fit (aka, add Melee SFX and remove SEP). Dang, I wish I had been a little more lazy with my transition from 2.5b to 2.6, I just got things the way I like them earlier today :p
It is an interesting one.

Yeah, just do your thing. If you find something in your travels that you think would be good for the releases we're doing, let us know.

I think you'll find that this is a good change, especially once we've released something. 2.5b is in the past.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

Whoa, the green in the SS in pretty cool, is this uploaded somewhere?

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...
Can Cbliss work with Wifi 2.6? The group I play with uses Wifi for replays, and its a bit of a necessity for us.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Can Cbliss work with Wifi 2.6? The group I play with uses Wifi for replays, and its a bit of a necessity for us.
I'm honestly not sure, but it's something I'll look into, since that's a big question. Thanks for bringing it up, and sorry I don't have an answer for you.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly not sure, but it's something I'll look into, since that's a big question. Thanks for bringing it up, and sorry I don't have an answer for you.
Alright cool. Thanks for the speedy reply also...
If i remember, Wifi set has something to do with the .gct, so it might just require a bit different coding. Don't quote me on that though, idk if I know what i'm talking about.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Alright cool. Thanks for the speedy reply also...
If i remember, Wifi set has something to do with the .gct, so it might just require a bit different coding. Don't quote me on that though, idk if I know what i'm talking about.
Don't mention it. haha

You're exactly right. Unfortunately, I'm not the coding guy, and he's away, so I'm wondering how to address this.

* "Happy 100th comment, Dmickolas!" "Oh, why thank you!" *

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
I believe, if I recall correctly from my research, cBliss "works" with WiFi, but if you load a costume that the other player doesn't have they'll get a freeze.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord

I don't know if CBliss works or messes up replays, but the WiFi codeset definitely works with it.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
I believe, if I recall correctly from my research, cBliss "works" with WiFi, but if you load a costume that the other player doesn't have they'll get a freeze.
Yeah thats with all wifi sets. Im not really concerned with playing on wifi though. Its mainly so we can have replays that dont desync and stuff.
I don't know if CBliss works or messes up replays, but the WiFi codeset definitely works with it.
Have you tryed it? Because normal gameplay would work, but if you try to get replays, it might desync.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Whoa, the green in the SS in pretty cool, is this uploaded somewhere?

It's not yet, but I will upload it soon to Brawl Vault and include the altered Custom SSS code. That will be needed for the pages to actually keep the icons in a mostly P:M sort of order. I'll reply here when I do. I've customized that one quite a bit, so I'll have to do some things to make go with the normal CEP. And then whatever stages anybody wants to change or replace they can do that themselves.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah thats with all wifi sets. Im not really concerned with playing on wifi though. Its mainly so we can have replays that dont desync and stuff.

In that case, based exclusively on intuition, I'm going to guess that replays work fine but lock up if you try to load a cbliss costume on an SD card that doesn't have cbliss running. You could always just experiment a bit on your own and get back to us with the results.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
Well i just tryed the .txt and replays work but... All the extra stages are gone and the PM stage screen select is there. Extra costume slots work fine. Any clue?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Well i just tryed the .txt and replays work but... All the extra stages are gone and the PM stage screen select is there. Extra costume slots work fine. Any clue?
The .gct requires certain codes for the expanded stages. Try testing replays with our version for the stages and cBliss.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
This seems a lot like what I had in mind when I was setting up my build of PM a few months back. Glad to see people supporting this. I'd love to help out, but don't know what I can really do to help. I have some texture editing skill if you would like some help with that, or maybe I could try and find some good music for the project? Let me know what I can do!

EDIT: Looking more to help out Package 1.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
This seems a lot like what I had in mind when I was setting up my build of PM a few months back. Glad to see people supporting this. I'd love to help out, but don't know what I can really do to help. I have some texture editing skill if you would like some help with that, or maybe I could try and find some good music for the project? Let me know what I can do!
Any of that. Recommendations of any sort. Just find the best things you know and hurl them at us. You won't hurt our feelings; trust me.

As for editing, I'm not sure. I can let you in on our messages/files and you could see what you might want to take up.

Galaga

Smash 3 Dev Team
3DS FC
4940-6585-2366
Any of that. Recommendations of any sort. Just find the best things you know and hurl them at us. You won't hurt our feelings; trust me.

As for editing, I'm not sure. I can let you in on our messages/files and you could see what you might want to take up.
Will Do. I'l probably inbox you some of the ideas I had left over from my pack later.

And yeah ,let me know about texture work if you need it.

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
The download definitely desyncs replays btw...
im trying to edit the .gct now by mixing the codes of cBliss and CEP... not having much luck though
If i get it to work ill link it to you guys

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
The download definitely desyncs replays btw...
im trying to edit the .gct now by mixing the codes of cBliss and CEP... not having much luck though
If i get it to work ill link it to you guys
Thank you for trying. I believe that you'll have trouble, though, since the CSS code of P:M+cBliss relies on a bunch of files very close to the SSS code. As I said, we're looking for someone with coding knowledge so that they can tackle these problems.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
A request for you guys: could someone find a Classic Sonic model that's one-slot and works with P:M? I've tried my hardest but can't find one.

_Liquid_

Smash Cadet
I know the last time I used the Classic Expansion Pack, some stages could not be chosen with random. Would there be any way to fix this? Would we have to enable custom stages somehow?

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
It doesn't, unfortunately. haha Thanks for trying. I might make a request out to some other forums.
I know the last time I used the Classic Expansion Pack, some stages could not be chosen with random. Would there be any way to fix this? Would we have to enable custom stages somehow?
I'm personally unsure. What I can tell you is that we're planning on changing around the mechanism of the random button, although I don't know exactly what will happen with it. Sorry if that doesn't answer your question.

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
So I am looking into the cBliss stuff and I just wanted to check with people that have used it. It doesn't create any type of lag, or negative drawbacks? It looks really nice otherwise.

Top Bottom