• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
Luigi from the ova cover

i was going to say the color scheme from the ova being blue overalls yellow shirt but that set of colors is in Smash 4 and im not sure if that matters

For Mario one of his amada apperances Zero Suit Mario

no but really
Born from a peach but i like the red Toad vest

And Princess Bowser with a cape

Not really serious about the last one

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
In case people are unfamiliar this is what I mean.

I totally love this idea 100%... Makes me wonder what would happen if Mr. Game & Watch got electrocuted though.. Also if somebody got hit with C. Falcon's Knee, would this happen there too? That would be some Mortal Kombat-esque X-Ray Finisher **** right there..

Gripes.

Smash Cadet
I would love to see Ganon in some new armor. Darknut perhaps?
Heres a mock I made up for lolz. Its not amazing but I think it gives a good idea where it could go. Im sure the PMDT could make a much better alt.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Luigi from the ova cover

i was going to say the color scheme from the ova being blue overalls yellow shirt but that set of colors is in Smash 4 and im not sure if that matters
Off topic...but
Is that princely guy supposed to marry Peach in the anime? If so, where do you think Mario stuffed the body so he could claim her for himself?

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
I don't think the comic book continuity is going to be used for the Sonic franchise and Ken Penders is stealing that design anyway for his ****ty Lara-Su Chronicles.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I would love to see Ganon in some new armor. Darknut perhaps?
Heres a mock I made up for lolz. Its not amazing but I think it gives a good idea where it could go. Im sure the PMDT could make a much better alt.
That looks awesome! Would use 20/10!

Really that is a great idea!

If Ganon does get another alt it ha to be either this or a human/beast form hybrid, something like this but PMDT quality-

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
anyway why not hipster owl sonic
Best idea ever, I think I might try to turn the JSR alt into this later.
EDIT: the shirt texture is so weird on JSR sonic nvm.

Last edited:

Yavanna

Smash Cadet
I'd really like to see an alt of Ike from Radiant Dawn, as seen in SSB4. He looks much more manly and badass.

An alt of Snake from MGS4 would be cool too.

Is it against the PM team policy to add skins of characters from SSB4? Like Marth new outfit, Samus, ZSS and of course Ike? I know that we can find most of them on brawl vault, but it would be cool to see them added "officially" to Project M.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
@Psykid,when do you update the OP?Is it done on a certain basis?(Monthly,etc)
Whenever I'm able to. I'm aware it's quite outdated.

This is because between school / extra curricular activities lately, my only way to get on Smashboards is via mobile whenever I have some downtime. And I tell ya, an OP is near impossible to manage on Mobile when it contains so many image links. So pretty much when I actually am home I spend the small amount of time I am there playing PM. No worries, though. Thanksgiving Break is upon us. So, soon my M8.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion

This is because between school / extra curricular activities lately, my only way to get on Smashboards is via mobile whenever I have some downtime. And I tell ya, an OP is near impossible to manage on Mobile when it contains so many image links. So pretty much when I actually am home I spend the small amount of time I am there playing PM. No worries, though. Thanksgiving Break is upon us. So, soon my M8.
Oh,yeah.That sounds tough.It's a lot for one guy to keep up with.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
i want Dad Bowser. (also meowser but whatevs)
Dad Bowser? Whodat? I understand your Meowser obsession, worry not.

I know your pain, brother... Winter Break is on the rise, and we will triumph.

FlipFlopMist

Smash Cadet
Every character should get a "battle damage" alternate costume, Meta's "Dark Knight" Alt that was recently added fits perfectly with what was wanted from brawl when it was in development-to show battle damage on the character.
You know, Mario without his hat/hat torn up and his clothes ripped a bit, Kirby having cartoon bumps and bruises on his face, DK has the bandages and such on his Boxer Alt, and the whole thing wouldn't work with every character(Pikachu, Jiggly), but it doesn't seem like the most difficult of things to make, and could work for a couple of characters.

On a less serious note, Olimar should have a Mysterio costume.

And on the DC side of things he should have a Mr Freeze costume.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Every character should get a "battle damage" alternate costume, Meta's "Dark Knight" Alt that was recently added fits perfectly with what was wanted from brawl when it was in development-to show battle damage on the character.
You know, Mario without his hat/hat torn up and his clothes ripped a bit, Kirby having cartoon bumps and bruises on his face, DK has the bandages and such on his Boxer Alt, and the whole thing wouldn't work with every character(Pikachu, Jiggly), but it doesn't seem like the most difficult of things to make, and could work for a couple of characters.

On a less serious note, Olimar should have a Mysterio costume.

And on the DC side of things he should have a Mr Freeze costume.
Even though the whole battle damage thing is cool... Personally, I don't think it fits with the visual style, that might just be me. But then again, it would be cool if the Project M team devoted time to implement everything that was left on the drawing board.
And sadly, "Costumes will not reference characters or ideas outside of the character's series ", so the comic book ideas, though would look awesome on Olimar, aren't feasible.

FlipFlopMist

Smash Cadet
Even though the whole battle damage thing is cool... Personally, I don't think it fits with the visual style, that might just be me. But then again, it would be cool if the Project M team devoted time to implement everything that was left on the drawing board.
And sadly, "Costumes will not reference characters or ideas outside of the character's series ", so the comic book ideas, though would look awesome on Olimar, aren't feasible.
Oh I know they aren't feasible, that's why I said "on a less serious note", I just wanted to bring up Mysterio as a costume idea for Olimar, it's so hilarious/awesome.

There's a couple of things that just don't mesh with the visual styles of this game-seriously, a match with Mr G&W, Toon Link, Snake, and ROB on the same stage is a weird mesh of different art styles all trying to work with Brawl's set style... Bit weird to watch.

I've skimmed the topic a bit and that one suggestion of Zero Suit ROB(With wire showing and such) would be pretty cool to work with the 'battle damage alt", you could even have one of the robot 'eyes' bent slightly to the side, like what happens to Wall-E in his movie. There's a ton of possibilities, the only real issue is to do it to character's where the difference would be notable enough.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Oh I know they aren't feasible, that's why I said "on a less serious note", I just wanted to bring up Mysterio as a costume idea for Olimar, it's so hilarious/awesome.

There's a couple of things that just don't mesh with the visual styles of this game-seriously, a match with Mr G&W, Toon Link, Snake, and ROB on the same stage is a weird mesh of different art styles all trying to work with Brawl's set style... Bit weird to watch.

I've skimmed the topic a bit and that one suggestion of Zero Suit ROB(With wire showing and such) would be pretty cool to work with the 'battle damage alt", you could even have one of the robot 'eyes' bent slightly to the side, like what happens to Wall-E in his movie. There's a ton of possibilities, the only real issue is to do it to character's where the difference would be notable enough.
What's "serious"? This word... It's scary. Haha.
Ooh, I actually saw a costume like that on the Brawl Vault, may it rest in peace. It was a simple vertex hack, but it looked awesome. I even went into the textures and added some rust and dirt. When it's up, I'll post it.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Dad Bowser? Whodat? I understand your Meowser obsession, worry not.

I know your pain, brother... Winter Break is on the rise, and we will triumph.
Dad Bowser is from that Japanese Sm4sh commercial. Would also FREAKING LOVE the costume Tink has in it with the top hat and stuff.. also Meowser is love Meowser is life

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Dad Bowser is from that Japanese Sm4sh commercial. Would also FREAKING LOVE the costume Tink has in it with the top hat and stuff.. also Meowser is love Meowser is life
OOOOOH, Dad Bowser, I get it now, all these nicknames for all these costumes go over my head. Yeah, they should just do all the costumes in that somewhat bizarre commercial that I may have seen over fifty times... Except Kirby. KIRBY IS MALE, AND SHOULD NOT DRESS OTHERWISE. It freaked me out... I cried.

Meowser is the maw of eternity... And we are his children.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
OOOOOH, Dad Bowser, I get it now, all these nicknames for all these costumes go over my head. Yeah, they should just do all the costumes in that somewhat bizarre commercial that I may have seen over fifty times... Except Kirby. KIRBY IS MALE, AND SHOULD NOT DRESS OTHERWISE. It freaked me out... I cried.
Meowser is the maw of eternity... And we are his children.
Seroisly though. Only costume I didnt like was Samuses. Meowser will rise. none shall escape his paw. the end of times is coming.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Since when?
Well, originally they didn't want to do the same things Smash 4 did so they wouldn't get a C&D from Nintendo.. But I guess since Nintendo announced recently that they'll allow people to modify their games as long as they're for free, that might change some rules.

ConDeeCas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ConDeeCas
Well, originally they didn't want to do the same things Smash 4 did so they wouldn't get a C&D from Nintendo.. But I guess since Nintendo announced recently that they'll allow people to modify their games as long as they're for free, that might change some rules.
They ANNOUNCED THAT?!?!?!?!? OHHHH MAAANNN That means we can have Mega Pokemon alts and A BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS I CANT THINK OF RIHHT NOW SINCE IM DUMB!!! WOOOO

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It didn't say that you could freely modify their games. It said that you could use their characters in creative works, but I'm pretty sure they limited that to fan art, videos, music, and the like and primarily in Japan.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think this was only specified as far as characters go. Alt Costumes are up for grabs from Smash 4.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Retro Power Suit and Justin Bailey are two of my favorite costumes. They're amazingly faithful, yet still make great use of the power of (relatively) modern graphics and the artists' creativity. And they just look awesome. The other suits also look good, and I love being able to choose between/fight amongst them.

The only new costume I love more is Carbon Kirby. Picking up the character partly because the color is so good.

Retro Pit and Falcon are also fantastic, and a couple of my most wanted. Thanks!

Obviously, OoT Ganon is great.

I like how you can make a real RPG party out of the Pokémon now, with Ninja Squirtle, Knight Charizard, Monk Lucario, Wizard Pikachu, and even Geomancer Jigglypuff.

While Polar Climbers are adorable, I wasn't too hyped about them when they were announced. But I am now, after hearing a little girl ask to play as "Da Bears."

Overall, props to everyone involved for all the great costumes added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom