• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I personally feel like some of the costumes feel more 'fanmade' than others. Particularly stuff like Karate Lucario and Ninja Squirtle that's completely made up.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Bruh...

Bruh...

I gots it.

3D Game & Watch

Okay, I'm not actually sure what I want anymore after those Sonic costumes got confirmed.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I mean, they're well made and all, I'm just saying it doesn't feel as much 'like an official Nintendo product' as everything else. Kinda reminds me of the Ultra Street Fighter 4 'Summer Vacation DLC'.

Maybe I should justify all that with some speculation: PMBR intends to give every character at least one costume, and if a character doesn't have an obvious choice, or it doesn't meet their standards, they just make something original.

Caped Lucario would require cape bones.
Squirtle Squad would interfere with the glasses easter-egg and victory pose.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Well guys...

I know it isn't technically hump day
I just wanted an excuse to post this here ;_;

Bleck

Smash Master
You can't tell me that these wouldn't have been better choices
I can tell you they wouldn't have. The Excalibur Sonic is too visually cluttered, and Toon Link with Ezlo would take a lot of additional rigging, possible animation work, and - perhaps most importantly - might create gameplay issues by messing with the hitbox.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I can tell you they wouldn't have. The Excalibur Sonic is too visually cluttered, and Toon Link with Ezlo would take a lot of additional rigging, possible animation work, and - perhaps most importantly - might create gameplay issues by messing with the hitbox.
I don't think they would've been better choices, either. The alts we've got are really great.

That said, Link with Ezlo actually doesn't actually use any extra animations or rigging. It's kind of weird how PM Unlocked did it. They basically created all of Ezlo's expressions and made it so all but one are transparent at any given moment, then assigned his texture animations to the same ones on Link's face so that they animate together so that it only uses what's already there. As for hitboxes, Link's cap never had any anyways, which was why they were fine to remove it for Outset Link.

tl;dr There aren't actually any technical issues or difficulties with the Ezlo cap. It's complex, but not much more than a standard costume. The outset recolors are still preferable to me, in any case, though.

Edit: Don't know why Smashboards showed my post twice when I first posted it, lol.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I can't wait for Turbo Tuesday today.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
Loving the big boss look.

Also shame on you guys for letting Nintendo out-zero suit your zero suit.

Only logical step now is bikini zss.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I was hoping for Old Snake, but I guess he's still a possibility in the future. Doesn't Big Boss kinda break the rules though? He is technically a different character.

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for Old Snake, but I guess he's still a possibility in the future. Doesn't Big Boss kinda break the rules though? He is technically a different character.
Hmmm... Well Solid Snake is technically a clone. Being an exact physical replica counts possibly? The only difference is the unshaped experiences between the two.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
The alternate costume I expected to appear in PM got it's debut on Smash 4, and we got Big boss when I thought he wouldn't make the alt. selection, ok... I didn't expect that

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Well, there's no reason to use other Snake costumes anymore.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
You can't tell me that these wouldn't have been better choices
I don't agree with Sonic just because he's a character I feel doesn't need an alt. costume. I do, however, really like the Ezlo Tlink and since the creator made sure it didn't effect gameplay, it could be a cool thing to show off. Right now, it's unlikely since we already have an alt for him though.

RadiantRebel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Exline2009
Personally I think most list people make imo is just awful cause of the ideas they bring up such as Shadow Costume or Boshi.

These are the costume ideas for some characters if the game is going to give each character 2 alternated according to Little Mac with wire frame and his jumpsuit. I'm picking costumes that I believe are very unexpected which Sakurai enjoys. These may never happen but I like to think they have a better chance than various other costume suggestions.

Mario - Cowboy Mario (Mario Party 2)
Peach - Sunshine Dress (Mario Sunshine) and Tanooki Peach (Mario 3D World)
Bowser - Baby Bowser Look (M&L Partners) and Dry Bowser (New Super Mario Bros.)
DK - DK Jr. Shirt (Donkey Kong Jr.) and Punch-Out DK (Punch-Out)
Yoshi - Baby Yoshi (Paper Mario GCN) and Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi's Wooly World)
Sheik Original (LoZ Ocarina) and Warrior Suit (Hyrule Warriors)
Kirby - Sleep (Kirby's Dream Land) and Mike (Kirby's Adventure)
Meta Knight - First Artwork (Kirby's Adventure) and Samurai Form (Kirby Super Star)

I would appreciate your thoughts if you agree or disagree. You can suggest your own if you want but I just wanted to share my thoughts with the community.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Personally I think most list people make imo is just awful cause of the ideas they bring up such as Shadow Costume or Boshi.
These are the costume ideas for some characters if the game is going to give each character 2 alternated according to Little Mac with wire frame and his jumpsuit. I'm picking costumes that I believe are very unexpected which Sakurai enjoys. These may never happen but I like to think they have a better chance than various other costume suggestions.
I would appreciate your thoughts if you agree or disagree. You can suggest your own if you want but I just wanted to share my thoughts with the community.
Are you talking about Smash 4? There's a place for that: http://smashboards.com/categories/super-smash-bros-for-3ds-and-wii-u.289/

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
If anyone is still interested in that ZZS alt stuff from the other day:

Courtesy of users on the subreddit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom