• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
You mean like oot link?
Or Mr L?

I mean they might not go for it but green Kirby isn't just green, he has orange shoes.
Citrus Kirby has dark green shoes.

And when I mentioned link vs red I was referring to Kirby himself. who has both a pink and red color scheme. Same with Yoshi. These two greens are just as different as those shades of red.

Don't be colourist!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
OOT Link works because he has red and blue colors to go with it, Mr L works because he wears mostly black.
I will continue to fight you over a metaphorical citrus recolor that wouldn't be added for two updates anyway, because I have nothing else to do.

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Completely forgot about the team color thing already >.<

I just really like green.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Can we change "Armored Ike" to "Hector Ike"? Because that's what the costume is based off of.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Can we change "Armored Ike" to "Hector Ike"? Because that's what the costume is based off of.
Nope. On the contrary good sir, we in the art team were to ones who changed it from Hector Ike to Armoured Ike. Whilst inspiration is drawn from Hector, a lot of general creative liberties were taken. As a result, Armoured Ike is a more suitable name overall.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Nope. On the contrary good sir, we in the art team were to ones who changed it from Hector Ike to Armoured Ike. Whilst inspiration is drawn from Hector, a lot of general creative liberties were taken. As a result, Armoured Ike is a more suitable name overall.
Imma still refer to him as Hector Ike. It seems more fitting for some reason. :3

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hey! Look what I found! I truly apologize if this is already on the boards somewhere and I'm just behind on leaks, but I posted this on the Clone Engine thread without thinking, so I'll post it here, like I intended. This is presumably ZSS's Light Suit costume: http://i.imgur.com/KYsvylt.jpg
I like it. The costume is drastically different from Brawl's and I like her unique hairstyle.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Hey! Look what I found! I truly apologize if this is already on the boards somewhere and I'm just behind on leaks, but I posted this on the Clone Engine thread without thinking, so I'll post it here, like I intended. This is presumably ZSS's Light Suit costume: http://i.imgur.com/KYsvylt.jpg
I like it. The costume is drastically different from Brawl's and I like her unique hairstyle.
I did some digging and discovered this costume was shown on 4chan in February. I feel like I'd be breaking the rules to post the link, but there is a pastebin of the thread including other members calling out the leaker. The guy ended by saying he didn't want to do this anymore and they could "discard [the model] out of hate."

Edit: Keep in mind that model, if still used, may also be changed. It seems the Lucario alt had been leaked at the same time, but a very rough model.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Could Flying and Ice Luigi please be added into the OP?
Ice Luigi is basically already Luigi's blue palette, but Flyinguigi would be pretty cool.
I still want a SMB2 Luigi to match Mario's blue outfit:

That one kinda looks like the Fusion Ending scene outfit Samus wears when you complete the game 100% on normal difficulty:

I guess I don't mind if that's what they use for the light suit costume.. I do like her long flowing sexy hair.
This is the Fusion ending outfit Samus wears when you complete the game 100% on hardest difficulty, I would like it a lot in PM.

Although I'm not sure what suit she would come out of while wearing it, it's still a really cool outfit.

Last edited:

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the latest sonic costumes (mostly shadow) are pushing the boundary between "dressing up as another character" and "being another character". I mean it is pretty cool, but I just would've thought they would be a little stricter on their own rule of alt costumes not being other characters.

Also, is shinobi Squirtle canon at all?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Eh, it looks okay to be honest. I mean, the only thing I really don't like about it is the hair, it just looks so odd.

I was wondering this too. I'm not really sure, but maybe he's from the anime or something.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
I was wondering this too. I'm not really sure, but maybe he's from the anime or something.
That Squirtle is OC. See Nano's post:

We were honestly lost with what to do for the Pokemon.

Squirtle is fast and has ninja-like moves. Also, Star gave him "water scrolls" to add on to the ninja feel for him.

The shuriken had NOTHING to do with a certain new water-type Pokemon move.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
If you could find it plausible that Sonic would paint himself wildly different colors than his default one, just like other characters, I don't see why wearing a contact lens (remember he's a Cyclops) along with different gloves and shoes would stretch the believability of cosplaying.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Since Brawl Sonic's recolors were all just him wearing different wristbands, it feels to me that all of PM's Sonics should be all out cosplays as well as recolors.
You know,
To step it up.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
No really an Amy rose alt for sonic would be cool.

Not the dress just the fur colour, boots and gloves.
Got an idea from a lame miiverse ssb4 request but what about a Sonia (and Manic) recolor from that cartoon? It seems like they'd be easier to do than Amy because their body styles are similar to sonic's so it wouldn't look as awkward.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Got an idea from a lame miiverse ssb4 request but what about a Sonia (and Manic) recolor from that cartoon? It seems like they'd be easier to do than Amy because their body styles are similar to sonic's so it wouldn't look as awkward.
That's a really cool idea, but I don't think it'll happen because the PMDT said they didn't want Alt. Costumes to "overlap" with team colors. In other words, they don't want them to look similar. They also want team colors to use the same model, and that's why Kirby can't have citrus, why Sonic can't have a Scourge and/or Jet recolor (the Scourge recolor never appealed to me in the first place), and also the reason why this can't happen. It would overlap with his green costume, unfortunately, so we'll just have to settle for his green team costume, which is absolutely fine by me. I'm content with it. I think the reason they didn't do an Amy Alt. despite having room is because they thought it would be weird to give Sonic a costume from another gender. I personally don't see the reasoning behind that and would've been fine with an Amy Alt., but whatever, I'm also fine without it.

P.S.-They also said the reason they didn't include Knuckles was because of this, and while this may be true, I think another reason is because they're adding Knuckles as a Clone Engine character, as a certain leak said.

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
DynaDash confirmed on her stream awhile ago.
Then in that case, I'm really hoping they go for the 3DS design (check my previous posts to see why I'm choosing this), which by now should be in the suggestions list, along with Sumo Link. I mean, even 3DS Ganondorf is now in the suggestion list, so why not? And speaking of suggestions...

Classic Mario and Classic Luigi, anyone?

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Then in that case, I'm really hoping they go for the 3DS design (check my previous posts to see why I'm choosing this), which by now should be in the suggestions list, along with Sumo Link. I mean, even 3DS Ganondorf is now in the suggestion list, so why not? And speaking of suggestions...

>Classic Mario is already an Alt
>Updating Suggestions is not my life

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101

I'm pretty sure we already have classic Mario, but I'm liking Classic Luigi. However, if I could make a suggestion, I would say that Luigi should have purple overalls and a green shirt. Not only does that differentiate his version from Mario's, but it references his original SSB64 model and his SMW artwork. I just think, that while Blue-Overalls Classic Luigi certainly has more nostalgic value from the Super Mario series, Purple-Shirt Classic Luigi differentiates him from Mario, so it feels like less of the same thing, references his SMW artwork (SMW is an extremely nostalgic, amazing game; I love it), and references SSB64, so it has more SSB nostalgia value, which I feel would make it a better fit.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think scourge would work well even though he's green... His clothes are different, he has a scar and he wears sunglasses. You'd never get him and the other green confused just like you'd never get tp and oot link confused or blue tink and outset link confused.

As for citrus that has nothing to do with conflicting with team colours. Whereas knuckles sonic would look very close to red sonic citrus doesn't look like green Kirby. They might not add him still because people might want brown I guess? But that would be the only reason. Brown is like a dark shade of off-red anyway... To go with red and pink... Confirmed too much red! Lol

Last edited:

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Actually, this is the relevant thread, has anyone suggested these?

• Ganondorf wearing Zant's clothes, minus the headgear and frills on the sleeves
  • Zelda wearing Midna's clothes

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
Actually, this is the relevant thread, has anyone suggested these?

• Ganondorf wearing Zant's clothes, minus the headgear and frills on the sleeves
  • Zelda wearing Midna's clothes
Knowing Midna, Zelda might end up being topless. XD

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
This is the only image left I could find of it...
Woah! I've never seen that before. It looks awesome! Is that an original creation for PM:Unlocked, or was it based off something in the Anime? And is it an Alt. Costume or a CE/BrawlEx character, cause it looks like it has it's own CSS icon.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Woah! I've never seen that before. It looks awesome! Is that an original creation for PM:Unlocked, or was it based off something in the Anime? And is it an Alt. Costume or a CE/BrawlEx character, cause it looks like it has it's own CSS icon.
It's just a Costume. All of PM Unlocked's costumes has those icons on its website.

I think he's original. Since Lucario's basically an Anubis-like type of Pokemon, I think it's supposed to be like a mummified Egyptian type of thing.

http://pmunlocked.tumblr.com/

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
It's just a Costume. All of PM Unlocked's costumes has those icons on its website.

I think he's original. Since Lucario's basically an Anubis-like type of Pokemon, I think it's supposed to be like a mummified Egyptian type of thing.
Which was such a great idea. So much hype.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
Imp Midna wears no clothes.
Well yea I was talking about her true form, she has a skirt and robe and a shirt, her clothes just magically popped up from nowhere haha

EDIT: Her head drape thing could use Zelda's hair bones, and the skirt would use the skirt bones already there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom