• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Rhinevalcke6

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll post My Wanted Alternate Costumes/Recolors:

Wario: Biker Wario [x]
Mario: Dr. Mario [x]
Luigi: Mr. L [x]
Peach: Shadow Queen [x], Daisy inspired Recolor [x], Rosalina inspired Recolor
Bowser: Dry Bowser [x]
Donkey Kong: Super Kong Recolor
Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong inspired Recolor
Captain Falcon: F-Zero SNES Costume
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time Ganondorf
Wolf: StarFox 64 3D Wolf
Falco: None (This is his best design)
Fox: Starfox 64 3D Fox [x]
Zero Suit Samus: Green Haired Justin Bailey from Metroid, and the ending shot suits from Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Zero Mission
Zelda: Blond Haired Zelda (Squidward Sword Inspired Zelda, OoT is already pretty well covered by that one recolor)
Shiek: Shiek in Squidward Sword's Impa outfit
Link: TP Zora Armour w/ Wooded Shield (Not Ordon Shield), TP Magic Armour
Toon Link: Outset Link + Recolors
Lucario: Shiny Lucario Recolor. Mega Lucario.
Pikachu: Raichu, Pichu, Shiny Recolors
Jigglypuff: Igglybuff, Wigglytuff, Shiny Recolors
Squirtle: Kamina Shades
Ivysaur: None
Charizard: Aerodactyl Recolor: [x]
Mewtwo: Armoured Mewtwo [x]
Pit: Classic Pit, Three Sacred Treasures Pit
Marth: Awakening Marth, Sigurd, Celice Armour
Ike: Lord Ike. Vangaurd Ike.
Roy: Awakening Roy. Eliwood Armour
Lucas: No Idea
Ness: Pajama Ness, Robot Ness
King Dedede: Masked
Meta Knight: Beta Mask and Wings. or Galacta Knight inspired Outfit
ROB: All Consoles
Mr. Game and Watch: As long as we have Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Magenta, and Cyan as colors, we're good
Snake: Eyepatch w/ Military Outfit Camo
Sonic: Darkspine Sonic

Unreleased:
Samus: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Multiplayer Recolors, Gravity Suit, Phazon Suit. Dark Suit, Light Suit, Fusion Suit, PED w/ Hazard Shields 100% Corrupted.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll list the costumes I want (the confirmed ones are included), if anyone cares to read

Mario: Dr. Mario
Luigi: Mr. L
Peach: Shadow Queen
Bowser: Dry Bowser
Wario: Same as SSBB
Donkey Kong:
Diddy Kong:
Captain Falcon: Original artwork
Ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf
Wolf: StarFox 64 Wolf
Falco: StarFox Assault Falco
Fox: Melee Fox
Samus: Fusion Suit
Zero Suit Samus: Justin Bailey with green hair
Zelda: Skyward Sword Zelda
Shiek:
Link: OoT/Melee Link
Toon Link: Outset Link
Lucario: Shiny Lucario (recolor)
Pikachu: Melee hats
Jigglypuff: Melee hats (if they're different from Brawl, I can't remember)
Squirtle: Kamina Sunglasses
Ivysaur: Bulbasaur, if that would work
Charizard: Shiny Charizard (recolor)
Mewtwo: Armoured Mewtwo
Pit: Original artwork
Marth: Awakening Marth
Ike: Vangaurd Ike.
Roy: Awakening Roy
Lucas:
Ness: Pajamas
King Dedede: Masked
Meta Knight:
ROB:
Mr. Game and Watch:
Snake: Tuxedo Snake, if a Big Boss costume wouldn't work
Sonic: Darkspine Sonic

silver856

Smash Rookie
My List:
Ness: Pajamas
Pit:Three Sacred Treasures Armor
Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysuar: Another Recolor
Zelda: Hilda(From a Link between worlds)
Sonic: Robo Sim Sonic or Sonic Rivals Race Outfit or PSO Outfit from SA2
Falco: Starfox Adventures Outfit
Diddy Kong: Strikers Charged Armor
Donkey Kong: Funky's Outfit
Lucas: PigMask Army Comander Outfit
King Dedede: Ninja Dedede from Kirby's Return to Dreamland(the Ninja Dojo Subgame)

Also I think that Fox should get JamesMcCloud shades activated by a taunt like how squirtle does.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Okay, here's my costume list with pictures:

Mario

Paper Mario (if they don't decide to make him an actual seperate character):

Mafia Mario - This one is just a fun costume, I'm not sure if they'd actually consider doing this:

Tanuki Mario:

OR

Shadow Mario/cosmic clone (I guess this might be off limits though):

Bowser

Giga Bowser (Normal size, not giant)

Donkey Kong

Funky Kong

Green with Purple Shorts and Purple tie (hulk colours)

Diddy Kong

With shades and cap to the side

Ganondorf

Melee Ganondorf (and OOT ganondorf)

AND

Phantom Ganon

Wolf

StarFox 64 Wolf (with patch)

Samus

Fusion Suit

Dark Suit

Light Suit

Phazon Suit

Basic Power Suit

No helmet

Dark Samus (if not own character - but also may be off limits)

Zero Suit Samus:

Justin Bailey with green hair

Fusion ZSS

Orange Fusion ZSS

Zelda

Skyward Sword Zelda

OOT Zelda

Posessed TP Zelda

Shiek (all to match zelda above)

OOT Shiek

Possessed Shiek

No pic

Skyward Sword esq design Shiek

No pic

Link

Zora Armor Link

With the mask:

Magic Armor Link

Ordon Link

Fierce Diety Link

Pikachu

Riachu

Squirtle

Sunglasses (2 types)

AND

Ivysaur

Bulbasaur

Ness

Pajamas

King Dedede

Masked

Meta Knight

GalactaKnight

Maskless Metaknight

Snake

MGS1/young Snake

Eyepatch snake (with green camo)

Old Snake

Tuxedo Snake

Yoshi

Boshi
The only other Yoshi costume I really wana see is Boshi. But I don't know if this would be acceptable. I mean each colour of Yoshi technically is a completely different Yoshi.. and Boshi is a type of Yoshi.. so maybe it could work.

Fortress

Smash Master
A foreward: Collapse your damn images. That post takes up enough of the page to warrant having its own postal code.

Anything having to do with Mario
We already have Doc, confirmed, with palette swaps.

Mafia Mario
#euphorianope.jpg We already have Doc. Also gross.

Giga Bowser (Normal size, not giant)
Not completely out of the question, but we have Dry Bowser. It's not unlikely that we'll see palette swaps before a new model/coloration. It's not P:Mnostalgiafanbuild2.5, it's very unlikely that we're going to see fifty different models for any character in particular.

Funky Kong
Yes. It makes sense, would not be terribly difficult to do, is professional enough, and is actually from a title he is in.

Green with Purple Shorts and Purple tie (hulk colours)
It's P:M, and that doesn't even look like DK anymore. It's not even from Smash or one of his games. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that it would be considered. Think more professionally, like your above suggestion.

With shades and cap to the side
I don't see why not, but I don't see why, either.

Melee Ganondorf (and OOT ganondorf)
Pretty much a given, if anything is happening with him to begin with.

Phantom Ganon
Probably not. I don't see why a bit player in Ocarina who shows up for one boss fight would have any priority over Ganondorf himself.

StarFox 64 Wolf (with patch)
Probably. Everybody else and their dog have already stated how much they want it.

We're probably just going to see more recolors for her, if anything at all.

Justin Bailey with green hair
If anything, this would probably be it. Everybody else has already expressed their support for it.

Anything Zelda/Sheik
Probably not.

I hope you're not considering messing with my main. Plus, he already has confirmed alts. Why suggest stuff for a confirmed set of alts?

Hats.

Probably.

Consider the model change and voice oddities, and how the devs talked about how changing voices of characters was not the same as the sound effects for Mario's fireballs.

MGS1/young Snake
Already confirmed in the video.

Tuxedo Snake
PROFESSIONALISM. CHRIST.

WILL UPDATE LIST LATER
Try and make sure that your suggestions are from the games that characters actually star in. Obviously Pikachu and Jiggs are exceptions, so you can forget that counterpoint. And, for Chrissake, keep it professional. Hulk DK?Tuxedo Snake? Plus, make sure that you're suggesting for characters that don't already have a confirmed alt. One other thing to consider is that it's very doubtful that the PM:BR will implement, if anything at all, multiple models for any character. If you really want to throw on eighteen different models for a character and don't even use their original ones, just replace them. Again, it's not PM Fanbuild Suggestion Thread.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
A foreward: Collapse your damn images. That post takes up enough of the page to warrant having its own postal code.

#euphorianope.jpg We already have Doc. Also gross.

Not completely out of the question, but we have Dry Bowser. It's not unlikely that we'll see palette swaps before a new model/coloration. It's not P:Mnostalgiafanbuild2.5, it's very unlikely that we're going to see fifty different models for any character in particular.

Yes. It makes sense, would not be terribly difficult to do, is professional enough, and is actually from a title he is in.

It's P:M, and that doesn't even look like DK anymore. It's not even from Smash or one of his games. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell that it would be considered. Think more professionally, like your above suggestion.

Pretty much a given, if anything is happening with him to begin with.

Probably not. I don't see why a bit player in Ocarina who shows up for one boss fight would have any priority over Ganondorf himself.

Probably. Everybody else and their dog have already stated how much they want it.

If anything, this would probably be it. Everybody else has already expressed their support for it.

Probably not.

I hope you're not considering messing with my main. Plus, he already has confirmed alts. Why suggest stuff for a confirmed set of alts?

Hats.

Probably.

Consider the model change and voice oddities, and how the devs talked about how changing voices of characters was not the same as the sound effects for Mario's fireballs.

Already confirmed in the video.

PROFESSIONALISM. CHRIST.

Try and make sure that your suggestions are from the games that characters actually star in. Obviously Pikachu and Jiggs are exceptions, so you can forget that counterpoint. And, for Chrissake, keep it professional. Hulk DK?Tuxedo Snake? Plus, make sure that you're suggesting for characters that don't already have a confirmed alt.
THAT WAS NOT MGS1 SNAKE FOR CHRIST SAKE! THAT IS THE GREEN TEAM SKIN HE HAS HAD FOREVER! sorry, I`m just fed up with people saying this. also, funky kong isn`t donkey kong so he can`t be an alt.

Fortress

Smash Master
Really? Looked like the dude was shaven, to me.

You should probably just snip that one little bit out of your quote, by the way, so that it doesn't take up so much space. As for Funky Kong, I was saying that it at least appears in one of the games in DK's series (as opposed to crap like Mafia Mario (come on, fedoras?)), and DK wearing the costume was at least feasible when compared to a lot of the list.

PsionicSabreur

Smash Journeyman
Not that you don't get any more professional than a tuxedo, but... it's a tuxedo.
I might have misunderstood, and I'm pretty sure I don't quite get what you're saying now, but it just seemed like you were calling it out for being unrelated to the game, since you used a similar description for Hulk Kong. For the record, I'd much prefer a more plot-important alt, but I was just clarifying that it did have some basis in-game. Although it was supposed to be a bond reference itself, so that does sort of cut down the professionalism somewhat.
So, I think you were just objecting to the tuxedo in general, not game inclusion?
Maybe you'd prefer Business Formal Snake instead?

Fortress

Smash Master
I was objectified to having a 'joke' Snake. Granted, the tux is within the series itself, it's still an easter egg; a parody of sorts. Yes, we have New Hero's Clothes TLink, but, I don't know. I don't support having non-sneaking-suit Snake.

Malion

Smash Ace
In a perfect world I would suggest something a bit insane...

like a Mario Party 2 inspirted costume set. Where every character has a themed outfit. Like a cowboy, astronaut and wizard costume. Maybe a theme to go with red, blue and green. So team battles can be cowboys vs wizards or the like.

And I'll admit that's insane to expect that many new costumes but at the same time I really like the idea.

Fortress

Smash Master
Great King of Evil Ganondorf is my favorite, as well. I've got a full set of swaps for Mulletdorf on my build.

EDIT: Since when did you become an Ike main? Maybe I'm just behind. Thought you were a Link main.

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Great King of Evil Ganondorf is my favorite, as well. I've got a full set of swaps for Mulletdorf on my build.

EDIT: Since when did you become an Ike main? Maybe I'm just behind. Thought you were a Link main.

Since forever. I'm a Link main in PM, but an Ike main in Brawl. Still suck at him though, since I don't really play Brawl that much.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'll chime in, but not for already revealed alt costumes since everybody is already doing it:

-Zelda/Shiek: Melee/OoT Zelda and Shiek
-Ganondorf: Melee/OoT Ganondorf (Both Ganon and Zelda should do what Link did since they all come from Twilight Princess, which is why Toon Link gets an exception)
-Pikachu: some different hats, not just the party hat, I was thinking one for each of the male Pokémon Trainers from the games, since he already has Red's hat. The exception could be X and Y since you can switch outfits including hats there. Also someone suggested Pikachu in a hoodie omg that would be so cute
-Jigglypuff: same as Pikachu, she has the Red and Blue's remake's female Pokémon Trainer's hat (that's a lot of apostrophes)
-Lucario: Sir Aaron's hat and cape from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Mewtwo has an outfit from a movie as well, so it's feasible except how maybe that he and Sir Aaron aren't the same character.
-Meta Knight: Maskless Meta Knight. It doesn't have to be an alt costume however. It could instead be activated mid battle via taunting a la Squirtle.
-Captain Falcon: Helmetless Captain Falcon (this doesn't seem like too much work, it would be like Melee Link or Fox but only for the head, though I wouldn't mind his body also changing)
-Samus: I'd be happy with any of her other suits, really, though my favorite would be the Fusion Suit
-Zero Suit Samus: Her outfit for the best ending for Metroid Fusion, to remain consistent with Power Suit Samus
-Pit: His 3 Sacred Treasures outfit
-Falco: Star Fox 64 Falco
-Wolf: Star Fox 64 Wolf
-Marth: FE 12 Marth (basically I want Marth appearing with a more masculine face a la part of why people didn't like Brawl Fox's design for a long time, he's not that fierce-looking)
-Roy: Awakening Roy if possible, at least just the outfit
-Ike: Lord Ike
-Ness: Pajama Ness

Anyone else just gets nothing or recolors, not everyone needs and alt costume

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord

Try and make sure that your suggestions are from the games that characters actually star in. Obviously Pikachu and Jiggs are exceptions, so you can forget that counterpoint. And, for Chrissake, keep it professional. Hulk DK?Tuxedo Snake? Plus, make sure that you're suggesting for characters that don't already have a confirmed alt. One other thing to consider is that it's very doubtful that the PM:BR will implement, if anything at all, multiple models for any character. If you really want to throw on eighteen different models for a character and don't even use their original ones, just replace them. Again, it's not PM Fanbuild Suggestion Thread.

Okay so first off, I know some of the suggestions like Hulk DK might be a bit out there.. But remember I wasn't saying change him into the hulk, I just suggested a colour swap and a pair of shorts. I do know this is less likely though. Perhaps the pic i posted wasn't a great example, but it would be something along those lines IF anything. I know its probably doubtful though.

Next, why is snake with a tuxedo unprofessional? He wears a tuxedo in a game at some point doesn't he?

As for Link and Mario being confirmed and their platelet swaps.. Does that specifically mean those are the ONLY costumes they will get? If anything Links OOT colours cover his basic red green blue, and his TP costumes could easily be switched with the appropriate armor. And throwing in a nice fierce Diety link as one of the OOT costumes isn't that far off.. it would be more like his N64 era costumes. Still I see that one is less likely.

For Ivysaur.. who said anything about needing to change the voice.. I guess it might be on the edge of unprofessional, but I think it would work. I can see how you'd argue the other way though.

Diddy with shades - He wears shades and his hat to the side when you beat stages in DKC2 - thats why

Phantom Ganon - he appears in OOT and he would have the SAME model as OOT Ganon except no cape and he'd have a skull face/head.

Samus - based on all the changes they're making, I figured they'd give her more alt costumes

ZSS - you don't think they'd give her other costumes like the fusion suit? That's a pretty important one I think.

THAT WAS NOT MGS1 SNAKE FOR CHRIST SAKE! THAT IS THE GREEN TEAM SKIN HE HAS HAD FOREVER! sorry, I`m just fed up with people saying this. also, funky kong isn`t donkey kong so he can`t be an alt.
Couldn't we just say DK decided to dress like Funky one day to trick everyone?

I was objectified to having a 'joke' Snake. Granted, the tux is within the series itself, it's still an easter egg; a parody of sorts. Yes, we have New Hero's Clothes TLink, but, I don't know. I don't support having non-sneaking-suit Snake.
Why not have easter bunnies in smash for fun too?

Fortress

Smash Master
Er mer gard, you collapsed the main topic. It's much easier on... well, my eyes. I guess. Anyway, in short:

• Things like Hulk-like DK are too out there
  • Tuxes aren't unprofessional, but wouldn't the sneaking suit or octocamo be more 'fitting' (skin-tight, even?)?
  • Characters having umpteen-million models makes the game seem 'fanbuildish', and it's already a fan hack.
  • Bulbasaur is iffy, but, how about more recolors for Ivy? Polka dots?
  • Diddy with shades doesn't seem like a big enough change, but, hey, Pokemans have hats
  • I'd love to see all of Samus' suits, but I'd also love even more for there to be consistency in one, single model
  • Ditto for Zero Suit

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Just a general comment, but in this day and age you don't find uniformity in any fighting game with extra costumes except maybe Virtua Fighter 5 and a few others.

In fact DLC packs specifically give costumes to the most popular characters and ignore the other ones. A character is sometimes lucky to have more than two costumes, and often it's just a glorified palette swap.

So the professionalism comment of having inconsistent costumes per character from earlier really doesn't make sense in the context of fighting games.

Fortress

Smash Master
I dunno, Marvel, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter have simple palette swaps. Soul Calibur is the only 'big name' fighter I can think of that does more than a palette swap.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Tuxedo Snake has shown up in almost every Metal Gear Solid game. Yeah, it's a joke, but it's a running joke that has shown up multiple times throughout the series. One of my favorite parts of the Metal Gear series is its shenanigans, post-game unlockables, and running jokes.

I don't see it being as being unprofessional at all. Most anybody else in a tuxedo would probably be unprofessional. Snake appears in many of his games in a tuxedo.

In short, it's a part of Metal Gear and I would personally love to see it as an alt.

Alternatively, in my mind, MGS3 Naked Snake would be a nice choice. Solid Snake isn't Naked Snake, but OoT Link isn't TP Link. It's basically the same relationship minus all of that magic bloodline, spirit of the hero, Triforce shenanigans.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Tuxedo Snake has shown up in almost every Metal Gear Solid game. Yeah, it's a joke, but it's a running joke that has shown up multiple times throughout the series. One of my favorite parts of the Metal Gear series is its shenanigans, post-game unlockables, and running jokes.

I don't see it being as being unprofessional at all. Most anybody else in a tuxedo would probably be unprofessional. Snake appears in many of his games in a tuxedo.

In short, it's a part of Metal Gear and I would personally love to see it as an alt.

Alternatively, in my mind, MGS3 Naked Snake would be a nice choice. Solid Snake isn't Naked Snake, but OoT Link isn't TP Link. It's basically the same relationship minus all of that magic bloodline, spirit of the hero, Triforce shenanigans.
Isn`t Naked Snake Solid Snake`s dad? That is much different then practically identical characters. How do we know that Link`s alt isn`t just Link wearing the clothing of oot link? He still has the clawshot, gale boomerang, and tp master sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom