• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress

Smash Master
Mom, dad, stop fighting. PMBR will ultimately decide what happens anyway, so let's chill out about it.

If he was still running around at CF speed and slapping people with fire in all his moves, then yeah, it'd be terrible.
Also, I disagree with this. Captaindorf ("Dougendorf", if you will) is the only possible way that C. Falcon could be improved upon. It's clearly the direction that Sakurai dreamed to take the game in, but dared not to.

In fact, somewhere in the game's code, it's rumored that Melee was actually titled "Super Ganon bros. Ganon", and that Ganon was the main, sub, and final boss characters.

The items and character portraits were also just titanic fists, save for Ganondorf's, of course.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Mom, dad, stop fighting. PMBR will ultimately decide what happens anyway, so let's chill out about it.

Also, I disagree with this. Captaindorf ("Dougendorf", if you will) is the only possible way that C. Falcon could be improved upon. It's clearly the direction that Sakurai dreamed to take the game in, but dared not to.

In fact, somewhere in the game's code, it's rumored that Melee was actually titled "Super Ganon bros. Ganon", and that Ganon was the main, sub, and final boss characters.

The items and character portraits were also just titanic fists, save for Ganondorf's, of course.
Y'know, I would have no qualms whatsoever about a spinoff Zelda game about Ganon learning from his ultimate mentor, Captain Falcon, and when Falcon dies tragically, Ganon takes up his helmet (a la Boba Fett) and becomes the ultimate Captain Falcon. And then pounds that green kid into the ground with his titanium flaming fists of death.

Fortress

Smash Master
Y'know, I would have no qualms whatsoever about a spinoff Zelda game about Ganon learning from his ultimate mentor, Captain Falcon, and when Falcon dies tragically, Ganon takes up his helmet (a la Boba Fett) and becomes the ultimate Captain Falcon. And then pounds that green kid into the ground with his titanium flaming fists of death.
HOLD THAT THOUGHT. INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK.
I need my drawing utensils and a notepad. I'll be back.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
HOLD THAT THOUGHT. INSPIRATION HAS STRUCK.
I need my drawing utensils and a notepad. I'll be back.
Oh god yes. We have wrought something wonderful.

Fun fact: titanium actually burns fairly easily, and is quite difficult to put out, so "titanium flaming fists of death" is not complete nonsense.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
I know that Raichu is technically a different character but I always thought it would be nice a alternate for Pikachu. Will implementing different models and voice packs for alternates be that hard for us as well? Not to disrespect the work of the PMBR though.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Funny, this joke comes up quite a bit amongst the guys I Smash with. Though, in our back-story at least, Ganondorf is the master. In my mind, Falcon really seems more like the youngster infusing some youth, flair, and speed into an old man's fighting style.

Also, Ganon was the original master of the Knee, at least before the arthritis got a hold of him. Tragic, really.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Funny, this joke comes up quite a bit amongst the guys I Smash with. Though, in our back-story at least, Ganondorf is the master. In my mind, Falcon really seems more like the youngster infusing some youth, flair, and speed into an old man's fighting style.

Also, Ganon was the original master of the Knee, at least before the arthritis got a hold of him. Tragic, really.
When I (rarely) play Ganon in Brawl, I only ever play as Old Manondorf. 8D

Fortress

Smash Master
It was super-duper rushed, and came out reeeeeeeeeeeally poorly, but Nintendo of America has given me the green light, and casting starts first thing tomorrow. Brace yourselves... we're going on a feels trip.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It was super-duper rushed, and came out reeeeeeeeeeeally poorly, but Nintendo of America has given me the green light, and casting starts first thing tomorrow. Brace yourselves... we're going on a feels trip.
That's it. You win. This is what the internet was invented for.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I don't get why people think that PMBR wouldn't put something from post-Brawl games as a costume for characters.

If visuals from future games were/are a problem, the Skyloft stage would be/will be removed due to it being in a game that didn't exist when Brawl came out. Skyloft is also in Smash 4.

Add to the fact that we have Dracula's Castle, which is from a game that isn't even made by Nintendo.

Due to this, I don't think visuals from post-Brawl games would be that much of an issue.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't get why people think that PMBR wouldn't put something from post-Brawl games as a costume for characters.

If visuals from future games were/are a problem, the Skyloft stage would be/will be removed due to it being in a game that didn't exist when Brawl came out. Skyloft is also in Smash 4.

Add to the fact that we have Dracula's Castle, which is from a game that isn't even made by Nintendo.

Due to this, I don't think visuals from post-Brawl games would be that much of an issue.
People are assuming the rules for the Clone Engine apply here as well, for whatever reason.

MasterScrub

M O N A D O B O Y S
NNID
MasterScrub
I don't see why the Clone Engine rules would apply here, there's a pretty big difference between having a character in a different outfit and inserting a brand new character.

Also, Skyloft Zelda/Skyloft-inspired Sheik or bust.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
We can assume this, right?

He doesn't appear to change in size or anything. Pokemon X & Y themselves provide a good reference for a 3D model of the design.
already exists as a model too. I just started using this costume recently, and it looks pretty good. The big tail is a little jarring at first, since I'm used to vLucario. Once you get used to it tho, it's fine. No worse than Marth/Ike having a cape.
[collapse=Mega Lucario]
[/collapse]

Fortress

Smash Master
I've been using Mega Lucario lately, as well, and he's amazing. He's got some nice recolors on the Vault, as well.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Here's a thought: can you give every Pokémon character a single recolor for their Shiny Forms?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
READ THIS FIRST!!!

UNMASKED META KNIGHT!!! That would be amazing!

(Over Meta Knight, not over Kirby when he gets released)

Also, what about Dragonite over Charizard and Shadow over Sonic? I've seen those on Brawl Vault before.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'm hoping the pika & puff get some more accessories from the games. Mostly I just want Ethan's hat, but there are plenty other possibilities.
Other PC's hats, recolored to match their generation's colors so that the costume lineup isn't oversaturated with red. Hats based on the villainous Teams. Elesa's ear-things. DJ Mary's headphones and glasses. Lanette's glasses and bandanna. Iris's crown. Kimono Sisters' obi and kanzashi. Blaine's tie and shades (and 'stache). Surge's shades and tags. Lorelei's opaque glasses. Will's mask. Riley's hat. Marley's bow and collar. One of Bianca's crazy hats. Winona's helmet. Maylene's bandages and gloves. Crasher Wake's mask. Lenora's headband. Skyla's propeller. Caitlin's Gen 4 ribbons. Double jigglypuff's flower and make it more resemble Phoebe's. Conquest's PC's' crazy horn-crowns. Plenty of basic trainer classes, Colosseum accessories, and stuff based on other pokémon.

Also

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
READ THIS FIRST!!!

UNMASKED META KNIGHT!!! That would be amazing!

(Over Meta Knight, not over Kirby when he gets released)

Also, what about Dragonite over Charizard and Shadow over Sonic? I've seen those on Brawl Vault before.

That Dragonite mod is ADORABLE, I was using that for a while. When 2.6 came out I didn't actually put it back in, I think because of the recolors for the Pokemon. They'd done such a nice job with Chari, I didn't have the heart to over-write him!

But yeah, I used to have Dragonite and man, it was so nubby. I should put that one back in...

Rookie_One

Smash Rookie
Here a few I think we need
ALLTP Link
with the tempered red sword and red shield for the blue mail skin and golden sword and mirror shield for the red mail) :

Also

Lord Ike

Vanguard Ike

And finally for Samus, the fusion suit!

Rookie_One

Smash Rookie
has anyone, other than myself, thought that the samus fusion suit looks HIDEOUS.?.....just wondering
Depend, the one we see in Metroid Fusion (from where the rendering picture come from), yes it look bad.

But the one in metroid fusion look good....the challenge if they take it will be how to render it so that it look good

Vashimus

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure they just slapped the Castlevania name next to it on the stage selection screen to have it make more sense. They're not gonna leave it as "Luigi's Mansion" obviously.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm pretty sure they just slapped the Castlevania name next to it on the stage selection screen to have it make more sense. They're not gonna leave it as "Luigi's Mansion" obviously.
Nope, it's legitimately a Castlevania stage.

has anyone, other than myself, thought that the samus fusion suit looks HIDEOUS.?.....just wondering
I too think it looks hideous, at least in the actual model. The sprite looks nice because it has fewer details.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I'm in with everyone else, it seems. It looked pretty s**t in Prime, but pretty sweet in the sprites, artwork, and even Brawl's trophy. I think it's a combination of the lack of gloss on the cyan part, and the huge chest/shoulders.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
It's also the manliest looking suit Samus has ever dislocated her shoulders in.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Well glad im not alone in that opinion. The only other suit that looks remotely good that isnt just a recolor(dark samus) was that other suit that was a bit more bulk and was a bronze color. Im not a metroid fan so i really don't know what the other suits and characters are called. But some of you will know what i mean

edit: ah found it...the "dark suit"

and the light suit isnt half bad either:

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Samus doesn't need entirely new models, but they would look a lot better than just recoloring the Varia Suit to look like them.

New slot

Already is vBrawl brown

New slot

New slot

Goes from vBrawl blue team to a new slot

Replaces vBrawl blue, green, and a new slot

;)

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
Samus doesn't need entirely new models, but they would look a lot better than just recoloring the Varia Suit to look like them.

New slot

Already is vBrawl brown

New slot

New slot

Goes from vBrawl blue team to a new slot

Replaces vBrawl blue, green, and a new slot

;)
well hey i think she'd just look badass in the light suit. dont you agree?

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
I think she looks badass in any suit except the Other M ones.

Knowing the PMBR though, they're just gonna give her more palette swaps of her Varia that represent all the different suits that I posted. It's easier to do recolors than make a bunch of models from scratch.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I think she looks badass in any suit except the Other M ones.

Knowing the PMBR though, they're just gonna give her more palette swaps of her Varia that represent all the different suits that I posted. It's easier to do recolors than make a bunch of models from scratch.
yea that seems more legit than models. *shrugs* im happy bout it either way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom