• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Squirtle's recolors reference other Pokémon like Mew and Charmander, as well as a Koopa Troopa and a Ninja turtle. His recolors are my favorites in the game ^_^

Ivysaur's recolors represent the different seasons, as well as a few extra that just look vibrant and nice.

Charizard's recolors reference his Shiny form, Zubat and Salamence, and the rest just look vibrant and nice like with Ivysaur.

I have a feeling Shin's gonna beat me to this since I'm replying on mobile but whatever.

Beat to it by Lorenzo the Comic instead.
Hey thanks for telling me!:chuckle:
I'm glad I was right on one of them, it would be funny if they made the random select have more zubazard.:estatic:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Charizard's newest color is a reference to Salamence, and his grey color is a reference to Aerodactyl as far as I know.

I like his colors alot, actually.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Edit: Nevermind. Stuff about Ninten.

So apparently the threads are all blurring together these days.

I think I need a new hobby...

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
...As a side note, I'm actually relly starting to support Ninten as an idea.

...In addition to Isaac and Ridley and Skull Kid still, but yeah.
Yoyos, man. No one else really uses them, and he could depart from the standard PSI archetype with his more unique moves.

... And I've just noticed this is in the Alt Costume thread. Hmm.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Where is the ninja squirtle in pm? I remember it in brawl+ but I thought it got replaced with turtwig.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I don't recall Brawl+ adding any extra costumes.
Then again, all I do remember is that it'll be the only time Ganondorf will ever be top tier.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Brawl+ didn't have any other costumes as far as I remember. Then again, that was what, like 3-4 years ago?

One thing I've been wondering about Ganon, does his new TP build really support adding the OoT costume in a way that would look normal? I'm fully in support of OoT Ganon, it just looks a little different and want to see it actually work.

Yoyos, man. No one else really uses them, and he could depart from the standard PSI archetype with his more unique moves.

... And I've just noticed this is in the Alt Costume thread. Hmm.
Yeah...apparently I can't read, and all the threads are blurring together for me. :sadsheep:

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Hmmmmmmmm.........
I got an idea!

How about a peach alt of a dress made by Gracie Grace?
You know the one where its blue with the green and orange circles?

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
What about Captain Falcon with his outfit made to look like Vegeta's from the Cell arc of DBZ? If for no other reason then both characters sharing the same voice actor.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I don't recall Brawl+ adding any extra costumes.
Then again, all I do remember is that it'll be the only time Ganondorf will ever be top tier.
B+ is still up for download and yeah it has them at least for lucario, sonic, and squirtle. That's where I saw the ninja turtle one.

Edit: unless I'm mistaken it looks like it's finally been taken down :( I will miss it.

Last edited:

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
Could the shiny forms of pokemon have a shine/sparkle to them in any way?
I thought about this because when you jump as fairy jigglypuff she sparkles.
It would be really awesome if project M did something like that.:colorful:

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking they should replace Mario's black palette swap with the outfit he wears after collecting a Red Star in Super Mario Galaxy

lastoutlaw113

Smash Apprentice
What would you guys think of a Rosalina palette swap for Peach, to go along with her Daisy one? Not a skin obviously, but a color. I can't remember if this has been brought up before

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Don't know where to post my two suggestions for the devs, so I'll do it here. Worthless for tourneys but extremely valuable for the Wii at home.
1. When choosing character with a nametag on, the favourite costume will be chosen first, e.g. pink Squirtle will be the primary costume for the tag "FETUS". Creating the menu for choosing your favorite costume might be a bit troublesome, but very appreciated.
2. Bots ON/OFF as an option. 99% of the time the game is played without bots (though I sincerely appreciate the work you have done with the AI) and the extra click needed to get rid of a player in the lineup is a waste of time.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Don't know where to post my two suggestions for the devs, so I'll do it here. Worthless for tourneys but extremely valuable for the Wii at home.
1. When choosing character with a nametag on, the favourite costume will be chosen first, e.g. pink Squirtle will be the primary costume for the tag "FETUS". Creating the menu for choosing your favorite costume might be a bit troublesome, but very appreciated.
2. Bots ON/OFF as an option. 99% of the time the game is played without bots (though I sincerely appreciate the work you have done with the AI) and the extra click needed to get rid of a player in the lineup is a waste of time.
Thoughts?
I think that this is severely off-topic, and that the first request is likely impossible and the second is plain lazy.

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts?
I'm pretty there's a 4.0 speculation thread. you should move this there.

EDIT: Found it: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ideal-4-0.345943/

DOUBLE EDIT: "FETUS?"

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Thoughts?
As suggested, this needs to be moved. I'd also like to comment that anyone with the name "FETUS" on their Smash list might need to seek therapeutic aid, and that with all of the energy I've exposed turning off each individual CPU I could probably take one step. Mountains and molehills my friend.

Last edited:

MrHazuki

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help and kind responses. I think these are improvements for the game, that's why I posted them.

Whoever is offended by my awesome tag is in more need of therapeutic aid than me. The power of FETUS shall prevail.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Thanks for the help and kind responses. I think these are improvements for the game, that's why I posted them.

Whoever is offended by my awesome tag is in more need of therapeutic aid than me. The power of FETUS shall prevail.
More power to you, man. XD Just make sure posts are on topic,

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I just thought of something. Not exactly alt costume, but definitely in that vein. It would be really really cool albeit really Easter Eggy if one of the Ness costumes had a Dolphin Yoyo like in Melee or a new Yoyo that said Revolution on it (the name that was used for the Wii before it came out. Fun Fact: If you look at a Wiimote, on the inside, there will be a set of numbers and letters that say "REV-###" because REV was the prototype name!)

I just think things like that would be so nifty to input. Smash is full of Easter Eggs, why not create some ones for PM???

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I just thought of something. Not exactly alt costume, but definitely in that vein. It would be really really cool albeit really Easter Eggy if one of the Ness costumes had a Dolphin Yoyo like in Melee or a new Yoyo that said Revolution on it (the name that was used for the Wii before it came out. Fun Fact: If you look at a Wiimote, on the inside, there will be a set of numbers and letters that say "REV-###" because REV was the prototype name!)

I just think things like that would be so nifty to input. Smash is full of Easter Eggs, why not create some ones for PM???
That would be neat.

PM does have it's own Eggs, lol. Such as Squirtle Squad and the wormhole on Ness's Teleport entrance,

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
That would be neat.

PM does have it's own Eggs, lol. Such as Squirtle Squad and the wormhole on Ness's Teleport entrance,
Haha well you know what I meant.

Or a YoYo of Paula's face, spinning constantly and staring into the dark recesses of your soul.

Seriously though haha, I feel like little things like that and the already included eggs help make the game more unique as a whole; alt costumes will definitely help with that too, and already do, actually. I think little things like that would be easier/faster to do than a whole costume. Not saying I want one or the other done first, but food for thought

On that vein, maybe if you held a taunt button while doing Ivysaur's Solarbeam, it could be like a rainbow of different colors instead of just the blue. Wouldn't that be neat

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Haha well you know what I meant.

Or a YoYo of Paula's face, spinning constantly and staring into the dark recesses of your soul.
Holy cow haha how creepy was this?

You know what would be kind of cool? A dark purple PM suit for ZSS. Nothing fancy, just with the fancy Purple M on there somewhere. But don't replace my lavender suit cuz I love it

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Honestly at this point all I need is Robot Ness and Masked DeDeDe so I can die happy.

Does anyone know by the way if Robot Ness's model has f***ed up hit boxes or does it match Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom