• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The paying demos are going to probably be ones that come out months in advanced and such. I'm more interested in the betas.

The MGS4 bundle looks REALLY nice. Gunmetal grey... wow.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It comes with MGS4 and a PS3 right?
Yes. Also the Dualshock 3 instead of the Sixaxis.

Yep. If what firestorms says is true, I might actually sell my PS3 and buy another. Depends on what the new color looks like in person and if it's worth the hassle. Probably not.

Also, lol @ the executive. Fanboy rehab? I think most of us have been there.
It's the 80 GB + MGS4 Bundle, so PS3's still black and it comes with the regular edition of MGS4. The Gunmetal Grey one is the super-limited edition only sold through their website. 40GB unit + LE edition of the game for $100 more than the standard edition.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
About to add my external Hard Drive to my PS3 making me at 310 gb. Hells yes.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just to update, I am getting Qore today, and since I sign up now, I get Calling All Cars free. I have Calling All Cars, so if I am able to give it to anyone, anyone want it?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Qore just went live a couple hours ago, so go and buy it for those who wanted it.

Apparently they had a technical issue which didn't allow them to get it up for awhile.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Am I the only one who thinks MGS is overrated as a franchise, I mean I like them but I really don't think they're of the quality that some seem to put them on.

That being said when I (eventually) get a PS3 I will be picking MGS4 up.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Nah, you are pretty much alone here. I was awed with MGS 1, and I loved the intrigue in MGS2. This weekend I plan to beat MGS3 before I get MGS4. I love the series, and I normally hate stealth games/missions. I usually get a lower score because I just run and gun though. Oh well.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who thinks MGS is overrated as a franchise, I mean I like them but I really don't think they're of the quality that some seem to put them on.

That being said when I (eventually) get a PS3 I will be picking MGS4 up.
MGS is a love it or hate it series, basically.
I think the series deserves all the praise it gets, just look at the amazing plot development in MGS3 for example; it's like watching a movie or play while having awesome stealthy gameplay tacked on.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Do any of you guys play Unreal Tournament 3?

If so, does it compare with the pc version and do you like it?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
MGS is a love it or hate it series, basically.
I think the series deserves all the praise it gets, just look at the amazing plot development in MGS3 for example; it's like watching a movie or play while having awesome stealthy gameplay tacked on.
But I don't love or hate it, I think it's ok, just not on the level that some put it on...

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
But I don't love or hate it, I think it's ok, just not on the level that some put it on...
I can definitely say the same thing about the Wii right now. I bought mine on an impulse with a ton of games - about half are probably remakes with half of the remaining games being mini-games.

The point I was making is that hype can really destroy a game for you, but if you aren't a fan of stealth games, like myself, there are ways to get around it for sure.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I didn't mean to make you go all fanboy on me CK :p I do like stealth games, I like MGS and Splinter Cell. I think MGS has better story and Splinter Cell has better controls but hey that's just my opinion.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
How can I be a fanboy if I own 2/3 of the consoles and prefer PC games?

My experience with Splinter Cell was on the PC which made the controls TERRIBLE, fyi, and on Xbox to do something...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I played Splinter Cell on the comp and that's the why I preferred the controls :psycho: Oh and regardless of however many systems you own it is still possible to be a franchise fanboy.

You seem to be getting really defensive and there is no way to win (especially against a mod) what seems to have become an argument so I'm just going to stop here, sorry to have bothered you.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Anyone who has $3 and unsure about getting Qore? Buy the first episode. The thing is pretty good and well done. It covers Socom, Soul Calibur 4, Afro Samurai, and Star Wars Force Unleashed, among others. What I found odd was there was no pushing of the PS3 hardware or anything in any of the videos, which I thought would be top priority. I'll keep watching for any slanted views, but honestly, it's expected. Check it out, it's a pretty neat way to get news on games and stuff, plus you get to be in the Socom Beta.

Anyone else bought it?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Anyone who has $3 and unsure about getting Qore? Buy the first episode. The thing is pretty good and well done. It covers Socom, Soul Calibur 4, Afro Samurai, and Star Wars Force Unleashed, among others. What I found odd was there was no pushing of the PS3 hardware or anything in any of the videos, which I thought would be top priority. I'll keep watching for any slanted views, but honestly, it's expected. Check it out, it's a pretty neat way to get news on games and stuff, plus you get to be in the Socom Beta.

Anyone else bought it?
I'm actually going to purchase it sometime today.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm still going to pass up Qore for the time being. I even heard the Socom beta comes out two weeks later for Qore users.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I saw a trailer for Disgaea 3 today, I was hyped and then I saw it was ps3 exclusive. Man was I bummed, are any of you guys looking forward to that?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Probably so, but the plus side is we won't have as much people to screw up games. I do like the fact that we get 32 man maps for Socom. That's just plain awesome.

This issue was pretty good, but I think next month and August's will be great issues because of E3 coverage, then E for All is shortly after that.

th0rn

Smash Lord
I just got my ps3 along with a 46" 1080p TV.

I'm planning on buying MG4, but was wondering if there was any must-have games.. warhawk any good?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Warhawk and Unchartered are both awesome games to play.

Lair got so much better since the patch came out. No more motion sensing. And of course, GTA 4 and Rock Band.

bored

Smash Ace
Sucks that Star Ocean 4 is only going to the 360, personally I think it was a terrible move for Square Enix, considering most of their fanbase is in Japan, and we all know how terrible the 360 is doing there.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Score!

Everyone, get firmware 2.4 ASAP. Trophies have been added, as has in-game XMB. So far the only games with Trophies are PixelJunk Eden and Star Dust HD, but Pain, Warhawk, and Unchartered are getting them as well. Only downside is, now instead of just getting all the trophies, you'll have to play the game again from scratch. But, that just further validates some games for me as I cannot complete games without goals.

Also, there is bronze, silver, and gold trophies, to differentiate it further from Achievements. Good move by Sony. They realize what people actually want and deliver.

primusfan

Smash Ace
^^Couldn't get it in time. Sony pulled it almost immediately because of reports that the update was bricking consoles. It sucks; I was really looking forward to that update too. I'm still waiting on the word for a fixed version.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yet another glitch that my PS3 has been unaffected by. Also, my PS3 is still running 2.4.

I cannot wait until games start adding trophies.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Yeah, i've heard stories of PS3s that are completely unaffected(as far as having problems with it)by the update. But i'd rather be safe than sorry because I paid for my PS3 with my own money and I didn't buy a warranty on it, so i'm extra-careful with it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
lol I finally finished MGS4 today. Or rather I completed it last night and finished watching it today. XD

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really need to get on that. How many hours it took?

I am contemplating buying Stardust HD to play with the new Trophy system. PAiN gets trophies with it's new patch, and Warhawk gets it with patch 1.5 (patch after next). Pixel Junk Eden comes out early August, as well with it. Man, it's getting good.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
My finish time was around 19:50. It took me awhile to get into it because I hadn't played a MGS since 2 and transitioning from games like Warhawk took some time.

It really was a amazing experience though, better then I was expecting really. I don't care what anyone says about the cutscenes, I think I would have enjoyed it less if they were shorter.

I kinda' want trophies but I don't want to buy games I wouldn't normally buy just for them, so I'll just wait for the warhawk update. :p

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I finally rented Heavenly Sword. This game IS God of War lite. It's a blast to play, and it has some neat game mechanics.

Best line:
Kai: "How about I hit you in the critical spot.... for MASSIVE DAMAGE."

It's great that they can make fun of themselves for stuff like that. The game is easily worth a rental, though it's a bit easy. I am on Chapter 4 and only died like twice. The first time I died, I didn't realize the red glowing pots healed your completely, so I would normally just get them all at the beginning of a scene with no health to get after. That was on Chapter 2 too.

Did anyone get the Siren demo yesterday? It looks phenomenal.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
E3 was pretty great for PS3. MAG, Fat Princess, God of War 3.

The Video service is live and extremely affordable (and tempting).

Any games anyone is looking forward to?

I finally set-up my PS3 on a static IP which helped improve downloads and mics relay. Evidently it was on a NAT 3, but after a very moderate amount of tweaking, I am at NAT 2. Anyone else tried it? Anyone want a step-by-step how I did it?

Top Bottom