• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
Resistance 2 looks amazing! Not graphics-wise, though they're much improved over the original. What I think is going to be really awesome is the 8 player co-op campaign. It sounds really intense! Randomized level set ups and three different classes to chose from. Have you guys seen Left 4 Dead? The 8 player co-op reminds me of that, except with 8 people instead of 4.

Plus 60 player online sounds insane.

Just

Smash Rookie
i got a ps3 but i hardly play it. only have sports games which i play with friends. we play the wii a lot more though

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I spent $20 about a week or so ago. PixelJunk Monsters is SO freaking amazing that I am glad I bought it. Highly recommended!

sync

Smash Apprentice
I have a PS3 and I like it. I'm not too fond of the RRoD, and I like the games. I have MotorStorm (came with it), Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed, Resistance, and Heavenly Sword. I like all of them.

Plus with FFXIII and Versus coming soon, I'm glad to be a PS3 owner. Along with SH5 and GoW3.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm definately excited for this year. I wouldn't count on FF making it this year but there's still to keep me busy. White Knight, Eternal Sonota, Little Big Planet and even Brawl (yeah I know it's not a PS3 game). IGN put up a 08 list for each of the systems and the Wii's almost made me cry. Half the games were ports or unnanounced. What's the point of listing games that haven't been announced yet? Especially the first party ones. Delays and Nintendo go hand in hand.

So far I own Ratchet, Uncharted and I just bought Folklore a few days ago. I'm enjoying that game a lot. I'm currently renting Warhawk but I've had it since November if that gives any indication of how much I like it.

I haven't even begun to spend money on the PSN but every week more stuff I want is being added. Echocrom is available on the JPN store but I think I'll wait for the english version. I'm also interested in PixelJunk monsters and some of the older titles like WildArms. Now if I could only find the time to play all of these games.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Rumors are going around Sony might be revealing a slimmer PS3 sometime soon, possibly at GDC later this month. They've also got a white PS3 patented on the FCC's website... I'd like to see this new slim PS3 in white, plz.

Oh and one of the guys from Square recently was quoted in Famitsu saying that the 2008 release of FFXIII was a misinterpreted quote. I think he said it might release in 2008 in the end, but come oh guys, FF games get delayed to no end.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Rumors are going around Sony might be revealing a slimmer PS3 sometime soon, possibly at GDC later this month. They've also got a white PS3 patented on the FCC's website... I'd like to see this new slim PS3 in white, plz
You think it'd cost less to produce? I'm not sure about the PS2 fat and slim comparisons.

bored

Smash Ace
Warhawk has gotten a bit dull. But I agree with Chill, Folklore is a wonderful game, that sadly has gotten little recognition. I've also been playing Turok, which IMO, is rather boring. A horrible FPS.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I still love Warhawk. It's one of those games I can always come back to.

Anyone got PixelJunk Monsters yet?

S2

Smash Lord
So as a non-PS3 owner I have to ask, how does the 60GB backwards compatibility compare to the 80GB (software only)?

I'm eventually (not soon due to money constraints and being poor out of college) going to pick one up and the BC means a lot given my massive PS2 collection.

I hear that the 60GB is better for this, but I haven't really gotten a lot of info beyond that from anyone who's actually tried it on both.

I'm asking given that Sony keeps scaling back BC more and more, and I'm confused on whether I should wait to get a new console when they do their next price cut - or whether to try and track down a used 60GB one via Craigslist or something.

Mike87

Smash Ace
So as a non-PS3 owner I have to ask, how does the 60GB backwards compatibility compare to the 80GB (software only)?

I'm eventually (not soon due to money constraints and being poor out of college) going to pick one up and the BC means a lot given my massive PS2 collection.

I hear that the 60GB is better for this, but I haven't really gotten a lot of info beyond that from anyone who's actually tried it on both.

I'm asking given that Sony keeps scaling back BC more and more, and I'm confused on whether I should wait to get a new console when they do their next price cut - or whether to try and track down a used 60GB one via Craigslist or something.
There werent any limits when it came to BC before they discontinued the 60Gig.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Honestly, I play PS3 titles more than PS2 ones, but if it really matters that much to you, get the 60. I haven't a clue how the new one works.

Edit: Patapon demo for PSP will be in the store today. SCORE!

S2

Smash Lord
So is any smasher getting excited for Tekken 6? I sure am >_>
New Tekken is always a good thing.

I'm still waiting for Tekken Tag Tournament 2... and I don't think its ever going to get made. My favorite Tekken memories are of playing TTT on an import PS2 back when it first came out in Japan.

bored

Smash Ace
I love Uncharted, there should definitely be a sequel, maybe add online multiplayer in the mix, possibly?

I also fell back in love with Lost Planet, despite how many bad ratings it got, I might just pick it up for the PS3.

S2

Smash Lord
I love Uncharted, there should definitely be a sequel, maybe add online multiplayer in the mix, possibly?

Bouncing off Uncharted... does anyone think that Naughty Dog is going to go back and make a next-gen Jak and Daxter game?

That's essentially what the makers of Ratchet did - created a new IP and then created a sequel to Ratchet, with Resistance 2 being in the works.

Oh well, I'm just hoping that Jak doesn't completely fall off the radar. Or that Naughty sells the license. I'm not sure if they sold or lost the license to Crash Bandicoot... but man, that series sucked #%$ when it went to a different dev. Sad, it really was one of the highpoints of platformers on PS1.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Hmm, that's quite intriguing. I am really looking forward to Home. So much so, I'd probably throw money at it.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Bouncing off Uncharted... does anyone think that Naughty Dog is going to go back and make a next-gen Jak and Daxter game?

That's essentially what the makers of Ratchet did - created a new IP and then created a sequel to Ratchet, with Resistance 2 being in the works.

Oh well, I'm just hoping that Jak doesn't completely fall off the radar. Or that Naughty sells the license. I'm not sure if they sold or lost the license to Crash Bandicoot... but man, that series sucked #%$ when it went to a different dev. Sad, it really was one of the highpoints of platformers on PS1.
Definately agree with that last part. Universal ruinged the Spyro series as well. I'm sure you can look forward to a Jak sequel as the devs said something about using the Uncharted engine for Jak. I like the series as well so I hope to hear something on it soon.

I read the link and I hope that's true. Home is long overdue for a release.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Kotaku said that FF13 is delayed yet again, perhaps until 2010! That sucks. If there was one game that would have made me buy (or rent, but most likely borrow from a friend) a PS3 it would have been that.

But luckily, by 2010 my scheme of global domination will have come to fruition. So I can just order a PS3 to the palace, I suppose.

S2

Smash Lord
FF13 had better be jaw-dropping amazing for how long the wait for it is. The trailers look good, but that doesn't really indicate how the final product is going to be. I'm really excited about the game, but I've seen plenty of games that didn't live up to their hype.

My interest in FF was renewed by 12, which I was not excited about until I got a chance to play a demo... then preordered the game within the next day.

Does anyone know if 13 is using the same type of battle system as 12, or a similar one (as in no-cutaways for battles and enemies on the map)?

bored

Smash Ace
Wow... 2010.. that sucks, on second thought, no. Because I don't really care for FF games.... I just sure hope that Home will be released soon.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
FF13 will still be a huge seller no matter when it comes out because it has Final Fantasy in the title.

Also, Sony hit 10.5 million recently which is pretty inline with their 11 million goal by March. An analyst said that Sony is selling much faster than the 360 did in the same time span, but that is meaningless. In reality, Blu-Ray destroying HD-DVD helped boost it, and will continue to do so.

Trioptical

Smash Cadet
Don't believe the hype. (or whatever)

I bought Lair, beat it, and the motion controls were the only thing that made Lair even interesting to play. If they just switch it to analog without fixing the targeting (among other things), Lair will still garner the mediocre reviews if reviewed again.

bored

Smash Ace
So, is anyone getting GTA IV for PS3? I was going to get it for the 360 so I could get the DLC.

I am so excited.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I am. No DLC has been announced, but it's pretty idiotic for them to have DLC on one console and not the other.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
The thing is Microsoft payed 50 million dollars for the DLC. If 50 million dollars doesn't get them exclusive content, then holy **** wasted money.

bored

Smash Ace
Hmm, I guess thats logical. Maybe they will make some new DLC , exclusive only to the PS3 version.

bored

Smash Ace
I'm really interested in Haze, doesn't look much like another generic FPS. I love how it's based around this drug like stuff called Nectar and how it affects them.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, I just realized I have A LOT to pre-order.

After getting Brawl, I am pre-ordering Force Unleashed, then when I get that Pre-ordering GTA4. Once receiving that, I am pre-ordering MGS4 to get the pre-order package which comes with a recap DVD + MGO Beta. Once getting that, I am pre-ordering Spore. Sigh...

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
Hey, I got a PS3 last Christmas and was able to get an internet connection with it, but ever since a few weeks ago my access point was suddenly gone so I had tried to make a new connection. I turned the firewall off, entered all my IP/DNS/DCHP numbers, entered the WEP key, and even turned the router (2WIRE 2700HG-S) off and on a couple of times. I keep getting a connection error and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone please help me with this?

Top Bottom