• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
I really like this game. Sure, it's not as good as the Smash series, but it had a nice amount of content for my enjoyment. My mains are Spike, Kat, Raiden and Dante. I really like the stages in the game as well! :D

MorgLikesGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
MorgLikesGames
3DS FC
1891-1668-7887
It's jarring to me, mostly because it tries to be something it isn't. And the roster just bugs me, with the fact that there's two versions of Cole. Couldn't Evil Cole be an alternate costume or something?

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
That's how it should've been. Evil Cole as an alternate mode for normal Cole. Someone else could've taken the roster spot instead.. maybe Dart from Legend of Dragoon? (who was originally planned to be in the game)

MorgLikesGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
MorgLikesGames
3DS FC
1891-1668-7887
That's how it should've been. Evil Cole as an alternate mode for normal Cole. Someone else could've taken the roster spot instead.. maybe Dart from Legend of Dragoon? (who was originally planned to be in the game)
I would have been fine with Crash Bandicoot, even Bubsy would be a better choice.

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I was really hoping for Crash to make it in, and Spyro as well. I believe I heard that their current owners (Activision) didn't let SuperBot to be able to use them for the game, IIRC. Quite disappointing.

Another personal character choice of mine would be Gloria from the Hot Shots Golf/Tennis series. If Nintendo could make a moveset for a fitness trainer, then Sony/SB could make a moveset for a golfer/tennis player. :chuckle:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll give the game points for creativity when designing movesets.

A shame the two big PS icons never made it.

angelcrome

Smash Rookie
Sony should pay Capcom to make a sequel/remake since they currently have a partnership for Street Fighter 5. Just having the Capcom name behind the game, it will boost its recognition. Especially in Japan. Add some more Capcom mascots too. Someone from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Onimusha, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, etc.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Sony should pay Capcom to make a sequel/remake since they currently have a partnership for Street Fighter 5. Just having the Capcom name behind the game, it will boost its recognition. Especially in Japan. Add some more Capcom mascots too. Someone from Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Onimusha, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, etc.
This sounds like a very good idea to me! I know I'd buy such a game especially if it takes advantage of all of the PS4's on-line capabilities.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
I've played the game over at a relative's place...
Is it just me or does Radec get his Super moves absurdly fast, especially thanks to his basic attack combo being so fast and hard-hitting?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Is it just me or does Radec get his Super moves absurdly fast, especially thanks to his basic attack combo being so fast and hard-hitting?
Uh, no. Absurdly fast is better defining of Kat, Nariko, or Kratos.

The speed at which Radec gets his Super Meter filled depends wholly on how much chip damage you can do from afar and how good you are with his AP breaks. And even then it will still take a long time to fill, especially if you're gunning for Level 3, unless you manage to land several AP breaks consecutively.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
It's jarring to me, mostly because it tries to be something it isn't. And the roster just bugs me, with the fact that there's two versions of Cole. Couldn't Evil Cole be an alternate costume or something?
Can you explain what you mean by "trying to be something it isn't?

And you get two versions of the same character in almost every game. That doesn't mean the roster is bad. At least it was just one character in this case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom