• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well Shanus, it's possible we could simply texture the things, but these come in a .pac within the common/system/menu/menu2 folder, remember that. So people might try not to use the one you provide, resulting in confusion.

If there were a way to code or swap it using the stage's .pac that would be much better, but for now those folders must be used. Menu2 overrides common/system's common5 I think, since it holds that as well.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
hmm, would it be possible to use a boss stage, but keep the boos, only invicible? i want meta ridley boss battle as a stage, and meta ridley to be a big hazard. same goes for tabuu. gonna work on another stage when i get home from school.

also, skyworld doesn't work either.

EDIT: can we make a list of the file names of the SSE stages? i hate having to take such a long time looking for a stage. i really need boss file names

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Stop posting. Glitchy. Levels. With. Bad. Cameras.
Also, I almost have a engine for choosing the song for stages based on Wifi Waiting Room.
Haven't gotten alternate .pac's working.
...What's got your panties in a knot? No one has posted any other stages yet. O_o

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
i think i read somewhere in this post that a code to remove the sandbag is possible? if it exists can someone link me or give the code please?

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
thank you so much

EDIT: isnt this basically the same as rumble falls is now online waiting room?

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Vile, how can you place any SSE onto any multiplayer stage? Don't you run into issues with moving cameras, generating objects, and other specials?

Again, would someone who's been successful at this post a vid of how to do this, or a detailed guide? Then I think a lot of people could take a crack at this.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
OK show us, I want to see the Falcon Flyer Stage replacing Final Destination.

It would be very if you list every step you did to make it :O
NOOOO!!! i've got the masterhand/staircase level on FD. can you make it WWR? or even better, Big Blue? perfect replacement stage right there.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i just need to know one thing. what is it about most stages that makes the game freeze. i've even deleted other model files to see if that worked. this is really frusterating.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
The tutorial seems to exclude certain notes- I've yet to see stages swapped onto anything but Temple, WiFi, Battlefield, and Final, which are all fairly linear, plain stages without effects. Have you had success on more varied stages?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Someone should try Bridge of Eldin or Mario Bros. They have small moving effects and stuff on them, but at least the stages themselves don't have any moving parts (like 75M's elevators, etc).

Edit: Never mind, I opened them in BrawlBox and realized how many models they have in them.

Suic

Smash Cadet
Vile has said several times now that he can put any sse stage onto any actual stage without any errors...the problem is that is all he has said. He has as of yet to respond to anyone that can't figure it out or linked to pictures or videos of his success. Not that I don't congratulate him, but isn't the point of a community to share the wealth? I'll be interested to do this if it gets to the point where someone write detailed instructions for the entire process

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
6. Make sure all .pacs are compressed the same way they were originally. effect .pacs in adventure stages aren't compressed, but they are in stages.
I still dont understand this.

What does this mean ? Or what I have to do ? How to do it ? Could someone help me pls :S

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm tired of people half-assedly following tutorials and releasing ****, and also of people asking me questions.
And whose fault is that for giving out crappy instructions? Seriously, think about that for a sec. ¦D

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Hey xDD-Master,

That refers to whether you make a file .pac or .pcs.

.pac is uncompressed, .pcs is compressed.

So, assuming Dantarion's guide is correct, when you export "ef_stgWhatver," make sure you export it as "ef_stgWhatever.pcs," not "ef_stgWhatever.pac."

BrawlBox will give you the option of what to save it as, make sure to choose correctly!

Also, I agree with the above- the instructions are simple and good, but lack the notes about what is a viable stage. Vile claims they all are, but surely there must be some difference in the steps, then.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
WRONG IKE.
Inside a .pac file, there can be other .pac files.
Some of the stages have effects files that aren't compressed.
However, the effects files inside normal stages ARE compressed.

When you replace them, you have to make sure you dont replaced a compressed file with a uncompressed file.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
yea, i noticed that only simple stages can be replaced. i plan to experiment more tomorrow after school. VILE, please tell us what we seem to be missing. other than that, i'm open to requests. just finished the flying, multiman battle at the end of "Outside the Ancient Ruins." more tomorrow, so stay tuned

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Dang I'm stupid. I just saved over my original wifi training stage. Could someone upload an original for me please? I'd really appreciate it. Or atleast point me in the direction of where to download it. I don't want to go download every single stage.pac or whatever. I just need STGONLINETRAINING.pac.

I'd like to make a request, if anyone here will oblige me.

Dark Samus Duel replacing Frigate Orpheon.

And for the love of god, a list of viable SSE stages. Without BrawlScape support, I have no idea what I'm looking at in Brawlbox, all the textures look the same to me. I havent played SSE since the game came out. Frigging trees and boxes and sky textures is all that I see. xD

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
yea, i noticed that only simple stages can be replaced. i plan to experiment more tomorrow after school. VILE, please tell us what we seem to be missing. other than that, i'm open to requests. just finished the flying, multiman battle at the end of "Outside the Ancient Ruins." more tomorrow, so stay tuned
**** release it xD

maybe you could make a short tutorial too ? For example what you did for that Hyrule hack ^^

And thx at the answers for Step 6, I will now try again to recreate the falcon flyer xD

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
you guys remember to post your completed stages when you finish them, k? and don't just dump them all in WWR and FD. spread the love around.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Dantarion I appreciate it. People may say you're not helpful and stuff, but I think you're doing an amazing job, and the fact that you'd reply to my post proves you do care.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Yar, how's that different than what I wrote? I don't mean to be rude, but to get a clear explanation so we all can know.

@Rawr, I'm thinking Frigate isn't an option, unfortunately. It seems to have too much of the gabba gool.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
WRONG IKE.
Inside a .pac file, there can be other .pac files.
Some of the stages have effects files that aren't compressed.
However, the effects files inside normal stages ARE compressed.

When you replace them, you have to make sure you dont replaced a compressed file with a uncompressed file.
effect file = ef_* ???

When I look at final's ef, I only see 3 type[x]s, but when I look into the falcon flyer's ef, I see a lot of other things.

So thats what you mean right ?

And can I compress the uncompressed efs somehow ? Or should I only copy the 3 type[x]s and replace the one of FD ???

I will try it now, but it would be nice if you could help me, thx :O

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
effect file = ef_* ???

When I look at final's ef, I only see 3 type[x]s, but when I look into the falcon flyer's ef, I see a lot of other things.

So thats what you mean right ?

And can I compress the uncompressed efs somehow ? Or should I only copy the 3 type[x]s and replace the one of FD ???

I will try it now, but it would be nice if you could help me, thx :O
can't you do it on BF? or do it on WWR. i'm happy with what i have on FD right now and i really don't want to have to set up the alternate file loader for a single stage.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Dang I'm having trouble replacing the results stage. Anyone having any luck? It keeps freezing (without the beep) when I get to the results stage.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
can't you do it on BF? or do it on WWR. i'm happy with what i have on FD right now and i really don't want to have to set up the alternate file loader for a single stage.
If I can get it work for FD I could make it for BF, but the problem is I first have to get it working for FD (because its the most simple of all stages (And/Or WWR))

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok I just replaced the wifi room with the halberd duon battle area. (in less than 2 minutes :D) The camera is a little awkward but other than that it looks great.

Btw a really fast and easy way to find a stage you want to replace is using brawlscape 6.0. It has adventure stages on there. So it gives you the name of the stage and you can see the models all texturized right there. Its verrry useful.

Edit: lol ok so I was replacing some stuff with my fake halberd from the original stage, and some crazy stuff started happening. But hey, it didn't freeze, and the camera is working perfectly. I'm going to see if I can fix the glitches.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Question: I found a stage I want to replace but I can't seem to find ef_*.pac in the SSE file itself.
I know it's a jungle stage by the name of one of the MDLOs. Do I have to take the pac from the effects section?
In this case, I found ef_AdvJungle.pac in there.

edit: I'm doing 080301 now.

I found the ef_AdvJungle.pac in 080103a instead of the first one. strange.....

Oh well. Problem Solved I guess. If you know what type of enviornment it is and can't find the effect pac, look in the section partition2/effects/stage/adventure.

I'm building now. BRB

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Wierd.

I got one of the jungle stages working (the layout is similar to Battlefield) as the WWR without its textures (all black and for some reason white because it takes the numbers inside the timer box and applies it somewhere) but when I apply its textures it freezes.

It's probably the one EternalYoshi mentioned.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Meh all I can get is an invisible final destination which flies around in that tunnel o.o

It still has the form of FD, and I cant figure out how to get the falcon flyer model and texture on it -.-

Could someone try to get the falcon flyer (http://opensa.dantarion.com/disc/stage/adventure/370301.pac) replacing FD ??? If someone got it, could you tell me all the steps you did to do so o_O

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
Alright, so after looking into it, I'm thinking no stages can be stage swapped except Wifi, Final, and Temple. Also, maybe just the ship in Lylat, or the All Star Waiting room, but just replacing the ship might end bad (assuming it works at all) and the same is true of the All Star Waiting room.

This would certainly suck. Anyone have proof to the contrary?

Top Bottom