• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'Play Warehouse 3!' Queensland Event! Saturday the 21st June 2014

Remastered

Smash Lord
If I was to organise another event for the 29th of March, how many of you would be willing to attend given its proximity to Buttonsmash?

I don't really want to 'flood the market' so to speak.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Two weeks is plenty of time between tournaments imo. I can only hope it doesn't clash with uni stuff, but count me in for now.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Jbirds 'Location' should read: Salt Lake City.

Any chance the plans you have for that Saturday could be postponed or cancelled Tranq?

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi
Pretty sure Jbirds 'Location' should read: Salt Lake City.

Any chance the plans you have for that Saturday could be postponed or cancelled Tranq?
Not so much my plans, parents are leaving for the weekend and they want me to stay at home and look after things. Have to see what I can do.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Wish my melee matches against Jbirds were recorded. Pretty much the only consistent matches of melee I played all day.

Going to link your Youtube channel in the OP if that's ok Syke?

Splice

Smash Hero
Thanks for the uploads Zac
That salty Yoshis runback omg Jbirds :(
wp Spup and Haikal I learnt things

Remastered

Smash Lord
Ok ladies & gentlemen, the next Play Warehouse event is booked.

Contemplating running a Project M side tournament on the day. I would need someone to put their hand up and run it as I don't have Project M downloaded myself. If we can get 2 PM set-ups confirmed, then I'll run an event.

Everything is the same as it was last time except for the 2 changes I mentioned earlier with regards to the positioning of events in the venue, and the recording of results.

Keen to see you guys all again at the end of March. We will most likely be running PW monthly from the next event onwards on the last Saturday of each month!

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Josiah has offered to bring a Project M setup as well, but he doesn't have a CRT for it.

Put me down for bringing two cubes and one or two CRTs for Melee, I'll post in the Facebook group later about it if it's easier for you to keep track of who's bringing what there.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Facebook is better, but this thread is fine too. Don't worry about re-posting in the FB group if you've let me know on here. Because I run both the thread and the facebook group, I'm notified when people post. I've had a very bad experience in the past where I wasn't informed regarding some tournament information that changed the day before a tournament, which was pretty vital, and I went by information I assumed was up to date (considering as I heard said information from the person in question in private messages just days before). So the new Smashboards is great for avoiding this. Not to mention that I now won't run an event unless I run the whole show.

The benefit of the facebook group, is that I get updates straight to my phone which is always on me (even at work or when I'm out with clients). It also allows me to read them on the go and archive the messages in my work planner.

S.D

Smash Master
Lol Zac, always claiming sandbag mode when he gets pushed by someone <3
Gerard's bad closing was evident against Haikal too, so it even if Zac was trolling it's still a valid point.
L2 edgeguard Spup

Gords

Smash Champion
tourney on the 29th march?
do i need to pre reg for this one?

it may be easier for me to get to this tourney rather than buttonsmash

Last edited:

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
We can play for 5-6 hours and he might beat me 3-4 times total? If I used peach/roy/fox that is lolololol

I was actually trying to lose against gerard and haikal at multiple points in each set, just so I could cp FD for the first time in 5 years.....

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
We can play for 5-6 hours and he might beat me 3-4 times total? If I used peach/roy/fox that is lolololol

I was actually trying to lose against gerard and haikal at multiple points in each set, just so I could cp FD for the first time in 5 years.....
Don't worry Zac you can CP me to FD next time we play, you'll even get to do it twice in a row.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I never understood why FD was so great for melee Marth. Then when you pick up the game and start practicing daily, and noticing the nuances of the stages, it becomes pretty clear pretty fast. (At least where the Spacey MU is concerned).

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey Kas (or whoever had the capture setup), any chance of some of those matches from the other weekend being uploaded somewhere?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ smopup smopup

Please teach me how to Melee March 29th

Edit: Project M too

I must learn to play Toon Link

And be like the other Aero

Last edited:

Gords

Smash Champion
hi guys, i am half way there getting the time off to go on the 29th.
would there be any housing available for us, at the moment I am looking at friday to sunday nights (3 nights total)

Remastered

Smash Lord
More about having a good time and learning from players who have practiced and know more about the game than you. Even if you only play friendlies all day with people at these events, you'll find yourself getting better.

3 weeks away now guys. Doing the eski full of drinks again. I have half a carton of pepsi left over from the last event, so I need to use it up ;) .

I was just emailed the links and info from Kaion for the brawl vids etc from last event, so I'll update them all in the OP over the weekend.

There will be a good bit of oos attendance at this, so please make sure we bring all the gear we brought last time to cater for numbers. The more tv's and set-ups, the better ;)

Top Bottom