• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I know ADHD is good. He beat M2K tonight, lol.

Good players should have their opinions be more readily accepted than others, though the opinion of a player not within the top 4 shouldn't be discarded simply because one of the top 4 says otherwise.

But yeah, Banana tricks. They're scary. I played a good Diddy today and it's incredibly frightening what he can do.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I know ADHD is good. He beat M2K tonight, lol.

Good players should have their opinions be more readily accepted than others, though the opinion of a player not within the top 4 shouldn't be discarded simply because one of the top 4 says otherwise.

But yeah, Banana tricks. They're scary. I played a good Diddy today and it's incredibly frightening what he can do.
Diddy's Point of View:

grab banana > throw down banana > throw another one over you > jab (you "ness" have no where to go except up or back) > trip on the banana > fsmash

Mm...banana shenanigans.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I hate this matchup so much.... you have to play really defensively. But because you are on the defensive doesn't mean you are at a complete disadvantage. If you can adjust just enough so that you gain control of the bananas, you are in an advantageous situation.

shield when bananas are flying, jump when bananas are on the ground, nair or airdodge for grabbing nannerz, fair defensively when bananas are out of the area.... don't play into any traps of diddy players. His whole game is based on trapping you into a bad situation, but greatly assisted by his overall good move-set, containing lots of quick starting moves.

45:55, in favor of diddy, but if you aren't the greatest at reading your opponent it would be 40:60 in favor of diddy.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Wiegraf, in New Jersey. I went and placed pretty high with solo Yoshi.

A word of advice, if a Diddy throws a banana at your shield, you can jump to catch it.
I was thinking that but forgot to say it.... thanks! so useful.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'll upload the new MUs tomorrow guys. :)

EDIT: WOO 800 POSTS. Man I post too much.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: Infracted for Multi-Posting.

Levitas

the moon
lol, it's not my fault lucas perfected is better than you guys.

In all seriousness though, let's not get into something as dumb as a "I'm better than you" kind of fight.

Take that stuff to brawl tactical, and put it a new thread called "Dear Ankoku: please ban me". Wait, that would be a bad idea.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
lol, it's not my fault lucas perfected is better than you guys.

In all seriousness though, let's not get into something as dumb as a "I'm better than you" kind of fight.

Take that stuff to brawl tactical, and put it a new thread called "Dear Ankoku: please ban me". Wait, that would be a fun and entertaining idea.
Corrected :D

Uffe

Smash Hero
There is someone where I am living at the moment that reminds me of Y.b.M.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I played Y.b.M once on wifi... Maybe this explains why I got destroyed when I tried to go Kirby dittos....

are we discussing somebody...

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I played Y.b.M once on wifi... Maybe this explains why I got destroyed when I tried to go Kirby dittos....

are we discussing somebody...
Yeah, sorry. I was just updating the first page. X_X ...

We're now discussing ONLY Ganondorf. Then we will start rediscussing everyone...Like Snake. Why did we (in our old MU discussion of him) put him at 60:40? It should be lower.

*waits for Delta to make the Ness vs Ganon thread*

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ I like the sound of that. Especially since you're pretty experienced against Snake. At least I think so. :) I wish I could play Joker. I never got to play V-TEK's Snake for a long while. :(

Levitas

the moon
Is it snake's lightning fast moves that cover the best places? Or his rock solid options at a range?

Ness doesn't have it as bad as some people, but let's try to be reasonable :p

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Ness v Snake is 60-40. Trust me on this one.
I really disagree.

The fact that Campy Snakes force us to approach is bad enough. Being totally out-camped is a horrible feeling.

Then when you get close he ***** everything with his simple A moves and his grab releases. Oh and his tilts are pretty good, remember?

From my experience, the best way to fight a snake is to get close enough with Fair, do a couple little combos then retreat a bit. Also, don't be afraid to throw back grenades. (not joking) Good Snakes know how long to throw them and when they'll blow up, though, so watch that.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's worse. I'm going with at least 65:35, Snake. How on Earth do you see it being even?

Anyways, please let's not get off topic. We're going to start discussing Ganon.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
I just beat Hall in tournament yesterday (a snake that has beaten DSF lately) I think the matchup is 44/55 with snake being in favor just because he is so beastly. Ness has the tools to outcamp snake, to combo, and to space him. it's REALLY not that bad. it's one of Ness's best matchups in the high tier for sure. Just gotta know the matchup. Also hall seconds Ness so it's not like he had no idea how to play vs me.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Yes he does, you just gotta use thunder correctly and position yourself right. Like doing a full hop and then thundering to avoid grenades meanwhile putting pressure on snake until his shield is low enough to shield stab. i always make snakes approach me when i play them, puts the matchup much more in your favor when you force them to come to you.

Here's an example of camping snake. it's at the very start of the match and although Shaky doesn't full hop to avoid grenades he still has the right idea. Thanks Uffe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOaCRLOiOPQ&feature=related

Chuee

Smash Hero
On stages like bf, you'd get ***** for doing that. Basically if he positions the grenades or C4's right you'll get blown up for trying to do that. Also running PS --> Ftilt. There's many ways you can overcome that, standing and shielding it is just a really ignorant way to deal with it.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Yea bf is definitely not a good stage for that, but there are many stages where outcamping snake is very viable (such as fd). Most all snakes will shield the thunder and you just need to circle the thunder as much as you can blowing up nades with it's tail and lowering snakes shield (by taking as much time to land the thunder as possible) until you can aim for a shield stab. Then at this point they will be forced to approach or risk more shield stabbing thunders.

Chuee

Smash Hero
And what if there's a nade right below you? Also snake really shouldn't be getting camped by something that leaves Ness wide open.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
As a snake main who knows the match up quite well. I would say 60:40 snakes advatage. the camping isnt ness's problem. ness's problem is the grab releases , snakes range ,snakes killing power....and snake not dying to quickly.

however Ness can fight back, pk2, spikes of snake's b up. and can use pk fire to rack up a ton of damage.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
The pro's and Cons of both these characters is pretty fair and even.
Snake has ground game and projectiles.
Ness has Air game and Projectiles.
Ness' cancel out Snakes. But Ness can't just approach a snake for a bthrow because the snake has superior ground game.
However, Snake can't just approach Ness because of his projectile blocks. I'd say it's about 55:45 snakes favor.

Because even though it may seem even, snake has the ground game and that's jsut all out more important then Ness air game. even a skilled mindgame in the air will get cancelled by snakes uptilt hitbubble

Top Bottom