• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

Dekar173

Justice Man
Diddy can GR chaingrab Ness, VERY easily.

Expect most diddys to do this across the stage, and then just GR you off of the stage and followup, due to your terrible recovery.

DJCing with your naners is a good mix-up, especially against unaware Diddy mains and it's just good in general for speed.

PKT1 dominates (especially the tail) barrels, and then you can just grab the ledge and react accordingly.

Watch for the diddy hump/kick, it's easy to punish when you predict it, so just watch out for it!

I'm not sure about whether it's Diddy's favor or not, but I've beaten Tim from CO in most of our matches, then again he has 0 Diddy exp and I used to main Ness lol, so he was kind of in the dark match-up wise and I knew everything Ness was capable of.

Most likely Diddy's favor, simply due to the gay stuff he can do to Ness/because of Ness' poor poor poor recovery.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
congrats on the "new" thread. matchup is probably diddy's favor, assuming both players know the match up well.

nair is good against a recoverying diddy.
SH dair can be used to pick up a grounded banana.
don't get grabbed... i guess (diddy's cg is fairly new to me, have yet to see it in action, and what kind of potential followups diddy has)

thats all for now... maybe more later :)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
congrats on the "new" thread. matchup is probably diddy's favor, assuming both players know the match up well.

nair is good against a recoverying diddy.
SH dair can be used to pick up a grounded banana.
don't get grabbed... i guess (diddy's cg is fairly new to me, have yet to see it in action, and what kind of potential followups diddy has)

thats all for now... maybe more later :)
I'd also watch the CG very carefully and also watch GR. I'm pretty sure Diddy can GR into an Fsmash or Dsmash.

Watch it when they have bananas too, if they're close enough (from what a Diddy has done to me) they'll throw one at you and then you'll either start to trip and they'll grab you. It kind of suuuuucks but it can be easy to avoid.

Be smart, using nair accordingly, and make sure if you have the space to use PKT 1 and watch out when you recover.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
To someone who asked how Ness' banana control is it actually is pretty good. Nair is really easily to catch items, same with fair. As someone said a SH dair pickss up grounded bananas. Though Ness dash attack isn't great it is good enough to pick up bananas. Ness when holding a banana is pretty desent two.He can DJC again.

And a guarenteed combo of throw banana, SHFF Fair(will catch the banana again). Rinse and repeat, however you have to be the right distance away.

I would rate the match-up 55-45 Diddy, only because diddy is diddy and has great approaches and legit combos.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
(i use diddy as my secondary)...

make sure to take advantage of the monkey flip kick, there is so much lag after, ness can easily dash grab if you shield the kick. if you shield a banana throw, the banana will most likely bounce up. jump up to catch it and use it to your advantage. DAS nair-nair can also pick up grounded bananas. some banana combos that might work: banana throw > dash grab; banana throw > fsmash (they need to be right next to you obviously; banana thow > dtilt flurry?; banana throw > SH dair?. be creative... and lastly

srsly, nair pwns diddy's up b.

oh yeah, if you see a grounded banana... diddys tend to run and dash attack to pick it up. stand close to it and prepare a shieldgrab or fsmash or something :)

Bartolon

Smash Lord
This is surely a 55-45 matchup in diddy's favour no more no less.

Ness has to be a lot in the air. Ness can catch the bananas pretty easily and he has many tricks for it to pick them up. Ness his nair screws diddy up a lot same for ness his dair.. IF you space it well. You have to be careful when your on the ground though because diddy his ground game is superior to ours. When diddy is offstage stay a lil campy and use PKT to juggle him. Diddy has not too many options offstage so you can use some variety in your offstage game. Fair and nair are really good offstage vs diddy so use them!

Diddy can combo you when you get hit by a banana. So try to catch or avoid the bananas at all cost. Diddy also has some options for trying to gimp Ness. Try to recover smart and stall in the air with psi magnet, and after that a rising arial for example.

Pro's :

Ness his nair.
Gimping diddy with PKT.
Catching the banana's is not too hard.

Con's:

Popgun can be irritating sometimes and can get you out of your arial game when you don't look out.
Diddy his nana combo's
Diddy has some neat tricks to gimp Ness.

That's it for now =O

smash64

Smash Champion

Ness has to be a lot in the air. Ness can catch the bananas pretty easily and he has many tricks for it to pick them up. Ness his nair screws diddy up a lot same for ness his dair.. IF you space it well. You have to be careful when your on the ground though because diddy his ground game is superior to ours. When diddy is offstage stay a lil campy and use PKT to juggle him. Diddy has not too many options offstage so you can use some variety in your offstage game. Fair and nair are really good offstage vs diddy so use them!

Diddy can combo you when you get hit by a banana. So try to catch or avoid the bananas at all cost. Diddy also has some options for trying to gimp Ness. Try to recover smart and stall in the air with psi magnet, and after that a rising arial for example.

Pro's :

Ness his nair.
Gimping diddy with PKT.

Con's:

Popgun can be irritating sometimes and can get you out of your arial game when you don't look out.
Diddy his nana combo's

That's it for now =O
dude I couldn't have said that any better

Also congratz Yink on taking over this thread

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Pro's :

Ness his nair.
Gimping diddy with PKT.

Con's:

Diddy his nana combo's

That's it for now =O
Magnificent job Bartolon. I forgot about the gimp with PKT. Thanks :)

Also, thanks a lot Edward. ^^ I hope the front page looks okay. I can re-do it.

Shaky

Smash Ace
-Diddy can't chain grab ness unless frame perfect.
-Diddy can't GR to dsmash if Ness DI's correctly.
-Diddy should never be hitting with fsmash after a GR since Ness has time to shield.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
DJC bananas is really helpful... That helps a lot... If you get your hands on a banana (no pun intended), you almost insantly give yourself a huge boost; it takes away the double banana madness and gives you super, near-ground mobility with ness' ability to DJC, which also sets up into great combos. Djc banana > u/dsmash is great, ... Basically djc banana gives the dame combos as dtilt trip if you know you can hit them, and if you get your banana shielded, you can easily move up and grab or something else if you djc'd backwards.

Ness isn't really great at this matchup overall, but he can deal with diddy in most ways. Ness can slightly outrange basically of diddy's moves with fair, has aerials that mostly top all of diddy's possibilities, and .... Some other third point. However, diddy is quick and will almost always hit just before ness with all of his moves.

I'm no diddy-fighting pro, so I'll stop before I make a fool of myself....

Uffe

Smash Hero
As stated before, nair > Diddy's Bananas. I've never heard of this grab release and so I think I'm going to have to go with what Shaky said on that. Ness' neutral air can grab Diddy's Bananas both in the air and nairing above them when they're on the ground. Diddy Kong was made for his Bananas as he can just forward dash right over them, allowing him to pick them up. However, Ness can make use of these Bananas and use them effectively against him.

You can toss them in the air, toss them below you right when you jump to perform a different attack, so on and so forth. You can also nair his Peanuts. Performing a DAS can help you grab and throw his Peanuts back at him. Diddy Kong may have a lot of tricks up his sleeves, but Ness can be just as tricky. When Diddy Kong attempts to recover, you can dair spike him or use PKT to possibly gimp him. Stage spiking is also possible if he's in the wrong spot. 50:50 or 55:45, Diddy.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Also if anyone has trouble with diddy's i strongly recommend playing matches against whoever with bananas on. After a couple hours it becomes very easy to catch/use bananas to your advantage. Ness gets a massive boost offensivly when he holds a banana.

EDIT^^^ Well DDD is pretty gay too.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
oh this was the old matchup thread...was wondering why my name popped up in a thread i thought i never posted in

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
oh this was the old matchup thread...was wondering why my name popped up in a thread i thought i never posted in
Yeah, Levitas turned it over to me. :)

Oh by the way, I made you a gift Skyler, it's int the "Merry/Happy Christmas" thread.

ALSO

Lets start discussing the PKMN Trainer. Delta, we need threads for:

Squirte

Ivysaur

Charizard

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Yeah, Levitas turned it over to me. :)

Oh by the way, I made you a gift Skyler, it's int the "Merry/Happy Christmas" thread.
Too cool! thanks much bro! Wish i was still active so i coulda thanked you before :( oh btw i main blue ness, but its all good :)

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's 60-40! Maybe even worse! Our fair ***** your aerials, we can shield and punish your pk fire, we have a GRAB RELEASE CG TO DTILT, and banana gimps. The only thing I can say ness has over us is KO power.. because I cannot honestly see what else he can do lol.

Uffe

Smash Hero
^^^ I agree with Delta-cod here. Diddy Kong isn't exactly the toughest character to go up against, either. I've always seen it as 55:45, Diddy Kong.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's 60-40! Maybe even worse! Our fair ***** your aerials, we can shield and punish your pk fire, we have a GRAB RELEASE CG TO DTILT, and banana gimps. The only thing I can say ness has over us is KO power.. because I cannot honestly see what else he can do lol.
My my, if it isn't ADHD. I'm honoured.

I would love to believe it's 45:55, Diddy...but yeah, if the Diddy is amazing with Bananas it's a pretty scary fight for Nessers. Only good part is fair is great for picking up Bananas.

Diddy would be smart enough to just not throw it at our faces...probably throw them on the ground in front of them to be honest but I'm no Diddy Main.

I'm going to probably put this at 40:60, Diddy, simply because all of his shenanigans are so terrible. Go get Banana gimped...

Chuee

Smash Hero
lol I was jking.
but he's most likely the 3rd best player so listening to what he says would be wise.

Top Bottom