• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK LOVE: The Complete Lucas FAQ - Kill Move %'s! 3/16/08

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Yeah. I love it, but it's past its prime now... I'm working on getting one with Ness and Lucas that says "Brothers from different MOTHERs"

Anyone steal that and I PK **** you. :p
I saw that thread on Gamefaqs. I must admit, I lold.

"Ness is Lucas's brother from another Mother!"

And in response to Kafke, Lucas is like Luigi is to Mario, so not really a clone, but not a totally new character either.

He's more of a clone than Wolf, anyway.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I saw that thread on Gamefaqs. I must admit, I lold.

"Ness is Lucas's brother from another Mother!"

And in response to Kafke, Lucas is like Luigi is to Mario, so not really a clone, but not a totally new character either.

He's more of a clone than Wolf, anyway.
It was on gamefaqs??

And I thought I was the first one to come up with it.... :ohwell:

I'm still making that sig, either way... slowly but surely. I just suck at Photoshop.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah. I love it, but it's past its prime now... I'm working on getting one with Ness and Lucas that says "Brothers from different MOTHERs"

Anyone steal that and I PK **** you. :p
Does that mean that Flint is Ness' unseen dad?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Nicly done!

This really inspired me to play as Lucas!
I loved the Mother series also!

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Nicly done!

This really inspired me to play as Lucas!
I loved the Mother series also!

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I've been slacking on updating this guys, college has had me in a bad spot these last two weeks.

I'll be updating everything to the most current details sometime tomorrow, but after that there won't be a major update until after the game comes out in America and I actually have my hands on the game.

I'll be testing every little detail as extensively as I can as soon as I get a copy of brawl though, so once the game's out expect a giant update sometime shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the patience and support guys. Keep on rockin. =]

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice

If by "not that good" you mean "Totally awesome and 9 billion times better than what's currently in the FAQ" then I'd have to agree with you. =]

Dude! Those are great! Much much much better at showing what's actually going on than the ones I currently had (which I had to take from crappy youtube vids...)

Could you get the f-tilt, d-tilt, and maybe a picture of his neutral A kick combo? (one picture of him kicking would be more than enough, no need for the full combo unless you just feel like it :p)

Thanks a ton dude, appreciate it greatly. =] I will of course give you full credit for all the pictures.

Edit: And maybe his kirby hat too, since the link I had up is now borked. D:
Edit 2: Yeah, my dash attack picture sucks too if you could get a better one. ^.^ I don't want to ask too much though so just do whatever ones you have time for.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
LOL dude, that Lucas Kirby picture made my day. I'm gonna have to find some way to sneak that into the first part of the post. :p I had only seen a really low quality picture of it before, that's absolutely epic.

Thanks a ton dude! I'll update with your pictures as soon as I get home, I'm at class and should be doing my work right now. =( Those are all sooooo much better than what I had, they're very clear and show what's going on, and overall just look plain sweet on top of it. Much appreciated!

Throws would be great if you have time. =] Thanks again man.

Edit: Also, could you nab one of his f-smash? The one I have focuses a bit too much on Ness.

PK Starstorm

Smash Journeyman
In lucas' basement paying rent in doggy treats for
no, call his up smash PK love. I haven't played his game, but I've senn tons of mother 3 videos on youtube. Pk love was a great I mean GREAT bburst of psi energy with the hexagons. i know it all incorporated into his standard attacks, but since it's his strongest move, possibly the strongest u- smash in the game, and has all those hit boxes and what not. Pk love is the perfect name. Or u can say pk up. that's what my friends call it instead of pk love.

napZzz

Smash Hero
AARgghhhh your making lucas look really good I used to love ness until I found ganon but I might just have to switch........this is such a fantastic faq its not even funny keep this up and pretty soon everyone will want to play lucas :) :) :)

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Hey... i was just wondering... how the **** can lucas kill falco. i know a ******* asian, and every time i play him he plays as falco and he ******* owns me. He entered my local gamestop tournament. I would play him as Ness, but i dont know if he is unlocked for the gamestop tournament. I want to ******* own him in that tournament.I want to know how the **** i am supposed to beat the ******* bird *****. I dont know what the **** to do. Anyone mind giving me some advice? it would be greatly appreciated.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I HATE FALCO he is the only one that could take down my ganon in melee, I have not gotten to play as ganon or against falco yet, so I'm hoping that falco got nerfed. It should not be that hard to take him down though, I mean in melee ness was a good counter to fox and falco if you knew what you were doing

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
i thought falco's shine made you go up... and it just occurred to me that Falco might not be unlocked for the tournament! if he is, so is Ness, so I will use Ness. If he isn't then i will play Lucas and the ******* asian said he was gonna play as fox if he can't be Falco. or marth. i'm pretty sure Marth's an unlockable, though, isn't he? so i would play Ness vs Marth... so... any pointers for battling against fox?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I haven't read through all the pages, I've only read through the guide. Sorry if these questions were already asked/answered. Though I suppose if they were, this is just a reminder for you to update this info to the FAQ ^_^

First:
Thank you SO much for making this guide. And thanks to all the contributors with the pictures/%s etc.

Questions for you to test so that you can add this to the FAQ:

You have to hit the edge [meaning you can't just hit the wall] with Rope Snake, right?

If you throw out rope snake in the air and miss, is it still viable to upB?

If you throw out the rope snake, is it like Melee where you're limited to one throw until you land ON the stage again? Like if you grapple the edge, you're hanging, and then you drop away from it, jump and can you do rope snake again?

Or better yet, can you throw it twice in the air before landing on the ground or grabbing the ledge?

EDIT: a couple more things.
we should find out what kind of stuff can outprioritize [ie: eat] Lucas's PK Thunder. Whether they be attacks, projectiles, etc.

and can you Rope Snake in the opposite direction midair?

Starstorm

Smash Rookie
hey everyone first post here. just got the game.

great to see so many aspiring lucas's. really great character and proud to call him my main.

so i was playing around with grab, everyone knows his grab can connect to PK freeze, but is there a way to get PK Freeze to connect with the grab more? it always seems to finish right before the opponent touches, it...works better on Bowser, DK, ect.

also, im loving the advantage that lucas has over getting the smash ball with pk thunder, 3 shocks and its yours, so easy to control.

im loving him

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
Some things I discovered while waiting for online matches. :)

Approaching with Lucas seems to be amazingly simple. You can go offensive or defensive, or mix it up to keep your opponent guessing.

Offensive: Short Hop PK Fire. You just make little hops and blast them with fire each time. Pretty good for keeping up some pressure, and when you get close you can change it to FAir.

Defensive: Short Hop PSI Magnet. I kid you not, you can pull this out almost the EXACT instant you jump, giving you almost a wavedash-type forward slide with the magnet out. This protects you from projectiles, and if they get too close you just pop the magnet on them.

So now you can SHPKFire a few times, then SHPMPop if they try to counter or you get close enough. The pop has good kick, so you could then dash in and start whatever devastation you want.

I haven't played many 1v1s, but I'm sure these options make Lucas one of the easiest/safest chars to approach with.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys! I've been on vacation all week so I just barely got my hands on the game!

Anyways, I'm busy unlocking characters right now, but I'll get in all the info I can after that. :(

For now though, I've fixed a few wrong percentages and updated a bit of info on some attacks, most interestingly are the different hitboxes on the upsmash and bair.

More info will be coming shortly though! Sorry everybody.

On a completely different note, I'd love to play some people online later if anyones up for that sort of thing.

GofG

Smash Champion
*remaining calm*

not necessarily... they are both good in their own way. Ness has the power and Lucas has the speed. Neither is better then the other.
This is irrationally ignorant. Do you believe that they are both equal on the tier list, or that they are even in combat against each other, or what? I guarentee you, one of them is better than the other. I personally believe that it's Lucas who is better than Ness, though I know Simna disagrees with me. Lucas has slightly more KO potential, while Ness has slightly more combo potential.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Just so everyone knows, this is my current list of stuff to do for the guide: (no particular order)

- zero in on any percentages I may have wrong, including adding charged smash data
- add in rough knockback distance/direction approximations (very basic, probably just low, moderate, high and a n-s-e-w direction)
- compile a list of which stickers effect which attacks in SSE, and by about how much (I know most of you don't care, but I think it's fun)
- better organization for move descriptions

Also, I hope to start a pretty big and time consuming project in the near future that I think every character forum, not just the lucas one will appreciate. ^.^ Keeping this to myself until I'm ready to start though because I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much. :p I'll have some info on this later this week, I'll probably be asking for volunteers to help out...

Levitas

the moon
WarMachine: Don't bother with the SSE part unless you've done the other stuff and are REALLY bored. It's not gonna help people get better with Lucas

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, it's not very high priority, and like I said, I doubt too many people care.

Main priority will be the as of yet unnamed project as soon as I get the time to start on it. Everything else on my list will take less than 20 minutes each anyways. The sticker thing is just a fun side project that I want to do because I'm pretty sure nobody else ever will if I don't. =p

Top Bottom