• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK LOVE: The Complete Lucas FAQ - Kill Move %'s! 3/16/08

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Great guide, especially with respect to breaking up the text with pictures and your organization. (Its way better than what I wrote that's completely obsolete but yet still stickied for Sonic)

----

Wow, you're working on knockback data? I'd already done some work regarding that!

Lucas Kill Move %s

I found this data very useful, and would like my work to be as helpful as possible to other Lucas players. Please feel free to add this information to the guide.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Great guide, especially with respect to breaking up the text with pictures and your organization. (Its way better than what I wrote that's completely obsolete but yet still stickied for Sonic)

----

Wow, you're working on knockback data? I'd already done some work regarding that!

Lucas Kill Move %s

I found this data very useful, and would like my work to be as helpful as possible to other Lucas players. Please feel free to add this information to the guide.
Good stuff dude! Thanks a ton.

I got it all added in, just had to add a bit of formatting to make it match the rest of the guide.

Hope you got my PM! I tried to leave you a message in your thread too, but I don't think the forums were up for the task. :(

Thanks again man!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Huge thanks for this guide! I really needed a couple of the references (Especially KO Moves) In this, anyhow seeems like he doesen't have to many KO Moves besides the needle, anyone got any tips for PK Barrage/Down smash to be used better?

GenisSage

Smash Cadet
Im total Lucas fan. Mother fan to be exact. My friends and I smash all the time and they get upset because i totally own them with Lucas. They have come to the point of just randomly calling me names and finger pointing. I love it. Ness was awesome but Lucas takes the cake. Who knew his moves would be awesome.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Copy/Pasted from the AT thread

this isn't an AT but I figure this is the best place to ask this question [I'll post this in the FAQ as well]

sorry if it's already been asked, I'm too tired and lazy to actually read through all of the other posts. But I don't remember this being mentioned in the guide, so here goes:

Is there a legitimate explanation for bouncing off the edge when you sweetspot with PKT2???? It just hurts my feelings...like the game is saying "......nahh, you sweetspotted that TOO well"

I don't have the game so I'm not sure if this happens on any stages other than Battlefield. I'll upload a vid soon, but I'm pretty sure most people have experienced this with Lucas. It really blows to lose a stock by sweetspotting the edge though :(

EDIT: HERE'S A VID

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
Well Toasty,

I have yet to be in the state of mind to test it while i do it but yes, it has happened to me also.

But im pretty sure that it's just you're not pressing forward to grab on the edge.

Like I said, I'm not sure only because I never tried to catch myself not pressing forward, cuz im in teh heat of battle!!!

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
pressing forward??? how does that have anything to do with it? >_>
Someone else told me that if you aim just below the edge [when coming from above, even slightly] you'll be fine, because there's a lip on some stage edges that counts as the stage and not the edge...

also...my heart got broken the other day. I PKT2 toward the stage and a Pit just sat there with his mirror shield out...just holding the **** thing...not even timing it. And I bounced right off of him :(

sooo yeah just make sure you sweet spot, kids. or just rope snake ^_^

xjellyfishx

Smash Rookie
How do you dair with Lucas without fastfalling? I always end up fastfalling and not getting the full potential of his dair (along with landing lag which gets me owned lol).

I b-stick (not very well xP) so I can't c-stick it. :T.

Any tips? :D

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to be putting kill percentages for every character when their hit with Lucas' Kill moves (DI included) within the next couple of days, feel free to put it into your guide as long as you credit me.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Did you test Lucas' dash attack for killing? I've killed opponents multiple times with it.
Also, the Stafy Hat vid/link should be fixed :o

Levitas

the moon
How do you dair with Lucas without fastfalling? I always end up fastfalling and not getting the full potential of his dair (along with landing lag which gets me owned lol).

I b-stick (not very well xP) so I can't c-stick it. :T.

Any tips? :D
Any down aerial that is done after any character is done rising is auto-fast falled no matter if it's csticked or not. In other words, toasty is absolutely right, you have to do a rising Dair to not fast fall it, and furthermore, a short-hopped one has lag. It needs to be full hopped...

Zm4rf

Smash Cadet
I've done a Ken combo with Lucas's bair.

It was fun. xD.

Yeah, i basically used the first hitbox and then ended with a spike.

Sure surprised the **** out of my friend.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Note to the creator of the Lucas FAQ:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Lucas' side smash also hits behind him. The knockback for this seems to be the same as if you got hit in front of it, but your opponent will move in the opposite direction that you are facing (they'll just fly behind you, but with the same distance, or so I believe).

Just thought this should be added to the part about the side smash if no one's mentioned this yet.

Also, at early percents and/or when facing heavier characters, could you chain a d-throw to an up-smash? Because the opponent lags a little before flying up in the air, does this give you enough time to compensate for the start up lag of the upsmash? Just curious. If so, this would be an excellent way to begin matches, already having dealt about 30% or so, maybe more depending on how you hit them. It can probably be DIed out of--making it not so useful, but I wondered if someone has tried this yet.

chansen

Smash Lord
i dunno if this was confirmed, oh wait its too awesome to care.

Lucas' nair is called the bonesaw, cuz it cuts to the core.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Also, at early percents and/or when facing heavier characters, could you chain a d-throw to an up-smash? Because the opponent lags a little before flying up in the air, does this give you enough time to compensate for the start up lag of the upsmash? Just curious. If so, this would be an excellent way to begin matches, already having dealt about 30% or so, maybe more depending on how you hit them. It can probably be DIed out of--making it not so useful, but I wondered if someone has tried this yet.
i've done that, but by a mistake of the opponent. The first time i grab them, i follow the d-throw with series of utilts, later in the battle, i grab again, d-throw, and they are waiting a utilt, so they airdodge, but i use an up smash and it will land

Krell

Smash Journeyman
This has probably been pointed out, but if you want to get technical, I believe Lucas's Up and Down Smashes are both different alterations of PK Love. Also, he only punches when ledge recovering when over 100%, otherwise he does a quick kick.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
A question do you guys ever short hop and tap down b, i do this lots when approaching someone who has 50% or more damage,also it continues forward momentum, not stoping you. I like it bcuz its like a hitbox in front of you when you approch. To me its the closest thing to a wavedash attack i have found and like using it

Levitas

the moon
The "magnet pull" has a very different application than a wavedash. It can be used for a sudden reversal in momentum, allowing you to hit with the magnet which kills pretty well. It can also be used for recovery. Wavedashing allowed a step up in mobility, replacing dashdancing in characters that weren't good at it, and augmenting it for characters that were.

heytallman

CTALL
Up Smash: PSI Explosion

There have been rumor of super armor and even invincibility frames for this move. So far, there's not much proof of either. This move needs to be looked into quite thoroughly.
I have a replay saved on my Wii in which there is invincibility for the opening frame or two of the upsmash. I'm playing a Pikachu, and I'm running towards it, and it shoots a bouncy thunder move. I tap my cstick up while still running, so I start to slide. The lightning thing hits me, but I didn't take any damage, and Lucas kept doing the move. I think it killed him too. I can post a video on youtube if people want. Sorry if this has been confirmed already or not, I haven't read this whole thread.

Edit: I just looked on youtube and I found a video confirming invincibility frames after the attack is finished, so I uploaded my video, which shows invincibility frames BEFORE the attack.

Here's my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWMdvfZbVcA
The invincibility is at 00:05

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
Mother 3= best game ever, even outdoes Brawl. I'm maining Lucas to advertize him on Basic Brawl.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
How many threads are you trying to bump for unnecessary comments? lucky i'm not a mod..

i suggest if you want to comment on a thread that is waaayyyy old, just make a general statement in the lucas general discussion thread. kthxbai

Top Bottom