• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh never mind! I figured it out, it's not too hard. In case you get stuck, this should help. The first paragraph is my advice on levelling in Magicant.

Farm off the animals until you have enough money to buy the best items in the '7' shops. You should be about level 13-15 at this stage and with those items, the only 2 things that will be doing more than 1 damage to you per turn is the tree when it explodes (and only when it explodes), Dad's eyes when they get enraged (they only do about 6 or 7 damage though) and possibly the green monster thing if it's doing something that's one shotting you. I've only versed it twice so far, so I wouldn't know.

As for the dungeon, I thought the GGF's diary would give some info on the forgotten man, which it did, so I took it to him and then I realised he responded if you talked to him more than once like half the characters in EB haha. Not sure if you need the diary for that dialogue option to be present, if so then you might have to use it it in front of him and try again or... I dunno, but it's not hard, you'll get it once you're there.

Ahh nah I'm pretty sure we're at the same part, you probably just haven't found the dungeon yet because you're farming stuff just outside Magicant.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh never mind! I figured it out, it's not too hard. In case you get stuck, this should help. The first paragraph is my advice on levelling in Magicant.

Farm off the animals until you have enough money to buy the best items in the '7' shops. You should be about level 13-15 at this stage and with those items, the only 2 things that will be doing more than 1 damage to you per turn is the tree when it explodes (and only when it explodes), Dad's eyes when they get enraged (they only do about 6 or 7 damage though) and possibly the green monster thing if it's doing something that's one shotting you. I've only versed it twice so far, so I wouldn't know.

As for the dungeon, I thought the GGF's diary would give some info on the forgotten man, which it did, so I took it to him and then I realised he responded if you talked to him more than once like half the characters in EB haha. Not sure if you need the diary for that dialogue option to be present, if so then you might have to use it it in front of him and try again or... I dunno, but it's not hard, you'll get it once you're there.

Ahh nah I'm pretty sure we're at the same part, you probably just haven't found the dungeon yet because you're farming stuff just outside Magicant.
Thanks for the advice
I'm farming in Magicant right now and I'm like level 17, I'm continue grinding to be safe and I have like a buttload of money but I don't know where the ATM machine.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks for the advice
I'm farming in Magicant right now and I'm like level 17, I'm continue grinding to be safe and I have like a buttload of money but I don't know where the ATM machine.
Oh! I can tell you where that is too. I only just found him half an hour ago.

When you go outside the town and go right instead of left, you come to a bridge that leads to the wells/dungeon. If you keep going up instead of crossing the bridge, the path will take you around the castle moat (the pink water), you'll pass the Flying Man house (hehehe, I loved that) and then if you keep going up that way, you'll find another bridge or two, one of which leads you into a dead end and the other one leading you to the fountain. Walking into the fountain heals you/restores PP, whilst using telepathy at the fountain summons the kind old man, who is basically an ATM machine.

Once you're done, walk back to Magicant or use the Onyx Hook if you have it (you find it in the dungeon).

And sorry, I don't mean to spoil too much for you. I'm okay about sharing stuff if we're both playing through together without any prior knowledge cause it's kinda like if we'd gotten the game together and were both playing through and helping each other out. So, I'll probably ask you questions every now and again, but if you don't want any answers from me due to spoilers let me know, okay? =)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh! I can tell you where that is too. I only just found him half an hour ago.

When you go outside the town and go right instead of left, you come to a bridge that leads to the wells/dungeon. If you keep going up instead of crossing the bridge, the path will take you around the castle moat (the pink water), you'll pass the Flying Man house (hehehe, I loved that) and then if you keep going up that way, you'll find another bridge or two, one of which leads you into a dead end and the other one leading you to the fountain. Walking into the fountain heals you/restores PP, whilst using telepathy at the fountain summons the kind old man, who is basically an ATM machine.

Once you're done, walk back to Magicant or use the Onyx Hook if you have it (you find it in the dungeon).

And sorry, I don't mean to spoil too much for you. I'm okay about sharing stuff if we're both playing through together without any prior knowledge cause it's kinda like if we'd gotten the game together and were both playing through and helping each other out. So, I'll probably ask you questions every now and again, but if you don't want any answers from me due to spoilers let me know, okay? =)
Oh no I don't mind, thanks a lot. Unfortunately I may not be playing a lot of Mother because I have a online tournament this Friday and a offline tournament in two weeks and I don't want to lose my first game again because it's single elimination so I'm going to be practicing a lot.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
A little update as to where I am, it's only a little bit further than you Drippy because I screwed around with going back to get the second melody and I also went into the wrong place for a while and it took AGES to get back because I just went through Magicant in the end again to get back.

I'm currently back in Magicant right now, but I've been to Merryville, met Loid, then took ages going through the WRONG factory and almost dying, getting up to the rusty old rocket I guess I need to go back for now and then going all the way back through Magicant using the Onyx stone because that dungeon was freaking me out.

I then went to the right factory, took forever because rats were everywhere and mildly annoying, then got the bottle rocket, got Loid on my team, went back there with a repel ring (I didn't know it was a temporary item that actually repelled monsters until I used it and it wore off! Made that trip a lot faster) just to get a speed capsule I didn't have room for previously, then tried to train Loid up a few levels, then decided Magicant was the easiest place to gear him up and level him up, had him die and I accidentally wasn't able to revive him so had to reset and then finally did some grinding with him.

At the moment Ninten is level 20 and and Loid is level 9 but with insane defensive gear lel. Because of exp splitting between party members I know already I need to go train off the stuff near Merryville and possibly even the northern factory but I am a little scared Loid is going to die on me in seconds. :p I have plenty of bottle rockets though so maybe I should use them! I dunno. :p

Once I get Loid to around level 15 or 16, I think I'll do the factory run. Ninten will probably be level 21 or 22 by then so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm glad to finally have a permanent extra member on my teammmmmm, life is so much easier... Kinda. Or at least it will be! :grin:

Now to sleeeeeeep. :p

DarkDrifloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenNessDerek
A little update as to where I am, it's only a little bit further than you Drippy because I screwed around with going back to get the second melody and I also went into the wrong place for a while and it took AGES to get back because I just went through Magicant in the end again to get back.

I'm currently back in Magicant right now, but I've been to Merryville, met Loid, then took ages going through the WRONG factory and almost dying, getting up to the rusty old rocket I guess I need to go back for now and then going all the way back through Magicant using the Onyx stone because that dungeon was freaking me out.

I then went to the right factory, took forever because rats were everywhere and mildly annoying, then got the bottle rocket, got Loid on my team, went back there with a repel ring (I didn't know it was a temporary item that actually repelled monsters until I used it and it wore off! Made that trip a lot faster) just to get a speed capsule I didn't have room for previously, then tried to train Loid up a few levels, then decided Magicant was the easiest place to gear him up and level him up, had him die and I accidentally wasn't able to revive him so had to reset and then finally did some grinding with him.

At the moment Ninten is level 20 and and Loid is level 9 but with insane defensive gear lel. Because of exp splitting between party members I know already I need to go train off the stuff near Merryville and possibly even the northern factory but I am a little scared Loid is going to die on me in seconds. :p I have plenty of bottle rockets though so maybe I should use them! I dunno. :p

Once I get Loid to around level 15 or 16, I think I'll do the factory run. Ninten will probably be level 21 or 22 by then so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm glad to finally have a permanent extra member on my teammmmmm, life is so much easier... Kinda. Or at least it will be! :grin:

Hehe, I went to the wrong factory on my first playthrought too :p , I don't know how but I beat the game without the easy ring/repel rings or cheats, if you are stuck in some point of the game, I can help with less spoilers as possible :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hehe, I went to the wrong factory on my first playthrought too :p , I don't know how but I beat the game without the easy ring/repel rings or cheats, if you are stuck in some point of the game, I can help with less spoilers as possible :)
Awesome! I'm doing the run through without the easy ring or cheats as well. I'm in it for the long haullllll. :laugh:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Stalking my store until I can pre-order one.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Honestly, it isn't too bad in Sweden. I feel bad for you Americans though.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace

Man I was being super cheap while I was at Magicant the first time and I didn't spend a cent on the defense gear cause I figured other party members would rake in the defense like Ninten does. Most of that money I saved ended up being for Loid's hospital bills...Ouch...That part was fun...

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
you can 3d print his model and stick it on a random base.

i honestly never bothered with buying amiibos. the price just turned me away. i'd rather spend the money on zelda wii u or DLC.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Man it sucks being behind... :(
I heard you can replace Lloid with Teddy permanently with some specific steps and I'm not sure what I want to do. Teddy I just like cause he's a yakuza member and he shares the same exact name as me but Lloid is technically more canon I suppose.

I had forgotten how much I liked Kumatora.

Also @ PKBeam PKBeam , 3D printers are pretty pricey and at my uni at least, only the engineering and architecture students are allowed to use them totally free ;_;

Edit:
OH MY GOD THE DIALOGUE WITH MIKE IN THE RETIREMENT HOME

"I do have nice bodied girls like Nan and Linda to keep me company, so that's happiness in a way"

At this point, Linda bursts through the door.

"I'm sorry Mike, but that's called sexual harrassment these days."

Linda exits the room.

"...it's a hard world we live in now"

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace

Also @ PKBeam PKBeam , 3D printers are pretty pricey and at my uni at least, only the engineering and architecture students are allowed to use them totally free ;_;

Edit:

"I do have nice bodied girls like Nan and Linda to keep me company, so that's happiness in a way"

Linda exits the room.

OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THAT SCENE. I'm telling you this game made me crack up so much.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Man it sucks being behind... :(
I heard you can replace Lloid with Teddy permanently with some specific steps and I'm not sure what I want to do. Teddy I just like cause he's a yakuza member and he shares the same exact name as me but Lloid is technically more canon I suppose.
I don't know if Teddy stays with you permanently or not. I like Loid though because he's the Jeff equivalent and I love the nerds, so if it comes down to a choice I'll probably keep Loid. =P

I have classes during the day so you have a chance to catch up. :D And I won't be moving on for a little while because I need to level Loid up. =P

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
teddy replaces lloyd only until a certain point near the end of the game.
it's kind of sad cause you cant use super bombs to OHKO everything with but teddy is really strong. he's a pippi clone, and if you remember pippi you know how good he is.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Edit:

Linda exits the room.

Even though I fully remembered that dialogue, it still made me laugh. Mother 3 pls.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Errr ma gersh this game is testing me. ;_;

I'm going to need to train Ana so hard before I actually engage with Snowman area. Thankfully I don't have to go back there for a while. =P

Drippy

Smash Ace
I don't know if Teddy stays with you permanently or not. I like Loid though because he's the Jeff equivalent and I love the nerds, so if it comes down to a choice I'll probably keep Loid. =P

I have classes during the day so you have a chance to catch up. :D And I won't be moving on for a little while because I need to level Loid up. =P
As I said you need to do some specific steps to keep Teddy over Loid but it's not a necessity and I'm pretty sure Loid is the canon ending.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Mother 1's PSI is so ridiculous.
A lot of offensive PSI is just absolutely overshadowed by one PSI, and one level of another PSI.
There is literally no reason to use PK Thunder, ever.

None of the non-offensive PSI moves are used more than once or twice, bar one.

As I said you need to do some specific steps to keep Teddy over Loid but it's not a necessity and I'm pretty sure Loid is the canon ending.
AFAIK You actually have to use Loid to finish the game.
When you're in the healer's house on Mt Itoi, Ninten and Ana dance in that room and suddenly R7038 appears and just KOs the party. Then Loid comes in a tank and kills it, but Teddy gets fried in the process and you have to switch them out. And you need Loid to fix the boat in the lake, so you can get EVE.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Mother 1's PSI is so ridiculous.
A lot of offensive PSI is just absolutely overshadowed by one PSI, and one level of another PSI.
There is literally no reason to use PK Thunder, ever.

None of the non-offensive PSI moves are used more than once or twice, bar one.

AFAIK You actually have to use Loid to finish the game.
When you're in the healer's house on Mt Itoi, Ninten and Ana dance in that room and suddenly R7038 appears and just KOs the party. Then Loid comes in a tank and kills it, but Teddy gets fried in the process and you have to switch them out. And you need Loid to fix the boat in the lake, so you can get EVE.
That's why I said you need to follow specific steps, I'm not sure if it works but you can do it without the usage of Lloid. You're suppose to skip Valentine or whatever and go to Mt. Itoi right away and Lloid will fix the ship but he will not rejoin your party or I think it's you go to fight EVE and than after you Teleport to Valentine to go pick up Teddy

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Edit:

Linda exits the room.

This was one of the things that WASN'T spoiled for me going into Mother 3, and I laughed like a lunatic at it.:joyful:
oh wow, I didn't know you could break the game like that.
Welcome to the world of old NES games.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
LOL, this thread is slow. Is everyone at the Mewtwo forums?
I'm currently playing through Mother 1 and tring to figure out my way through a non-linear world whilst levelling up the first character that will actually be able to do large amounts of damage consistently if I take a bit of time to level her up. =P

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I really don't know of I'm excited for Mewtwo or Lucas

Lucas was one of my mains in Brawl.
I've always wanted to get better at Mewtwo

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm definitely more hyped for Lucas than for Mewtwo, because I love Mother so much. But I am really hyped for both.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Lucas was my main in Brawl so I had to adjust to Ness in Smash 4. Now that I'll be able to use both, I'm so excited!

Top Bottom