• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
The only thing I am reasonably sure of is that Giegue is tied to Giygas (they're probably the same entity). And I think Giegue was part of an experiment of some sort? Something that caused him to go blind with hatred... Maybe. It's too mewtwo-ish, but that's kinda what I have in my head. I'll find out, though, so don't tell me!
They're one and the same, Itoi confirmed in an interview. This is basically how the backstory goes:

Maria and George got abducted by Aliens (Giegue's Race). While on their planet, Maria raised Giegue for whatever reason, and he loved her like she was his own Mother but hated her Melody songs. George stole the secrets of PSI from Giegue's race (which was supposedly from whom PSI originated from, until Mother 3 said it was the Magypsies, i have my own logic/theory behind that though), and somehow escaped back to Earth, and Giegue was told to go back and attack Earth for that.

Blah blah blah, Mother 1 happens, Giegue's defeated and retreats. He then learns of the prophecy of the Apple of Enlightenment, tries to become all powerful thanks to that one Machine that was mentioned in the final battle of Mother 2 (i forget the name, i haven't played Earthbound in forever), and that Machine drives him crazy with its power, and he loses his mind basically, which is when he goes to try and destroy the universe. It's pretty sad and tragic honestly, i kind of feel bad for Giegue since i'm sure he never wanted to do any of this initially and his race probably forced him to and he ended up like this.

Here's a random video I found. Hot Spring Music = Dance Music
Lol, i never noticed. Interesting, freaking Itoi with that duplicate.

Best thing about Chapter 3
Omg this music track, i forgot how good this is. Seriously, i need to re-listen to the Mother 3 OST in full, especially the one version that has the music's GBA filter removed so it sounds the way it was supposed to sound:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnm4vQpS5ngIii1uRYuVWuW1Z5EmtIC_b
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnm4vQpS5ngLRlWODk1B71scU7jHasMXt

Now listen to the track the way it was meant to be heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COeuvwevbQ&index=102&list=PLnm4vQpS5ngIii1uRYuVWuW1Z5EmtIC_b

Drippy

Smash Ace
They're one and the same, Itoi confirmed in an interview. This is basically how the backstory goes:

Maria and George got abducted by Aliens (Giegue's Race). While on their planet, Maria raised Giegue for whatever reason, and he loved her like she was his own Mother but hated her Melody songs. George stole the secrets of PSI from Giegue's race (which was supposedly from whom PSI originated from, until Mother 3 said it was the Magypsies, i have my own logic/theory behind that though), and somehow escaped back to Earth, and Giegue was told to go back and attack Earth for that.

Blah blah blah, Mother 1 happens, Giegue's defeated and retreats. He then learns of the prophecy of the Apple of Enlightenment, tries to become all powerful thanks to that one Machine that was mentioned in the final battle of Mother 2 (i forget the name, i haven't played Earthbound in forever), and that Machine drives him crazy with its power, and he loses his mind basically, which is when he goes to try and destroy the universe. It's pretty sad and tragic honestly, i kind of feel bad for Giegue since i'm sure he never wanted to do any of this initially and his race probably forced him to and he ended up like this.

Lol, i never noticed. Interesting, freaking Itoi with that duplicate.

Omg this music track, i forgot how good this is. Seriously, i need to re-listen to the Mother 3 OST in full, especially the one version that has the music's GBA filter removed so it sounds the way it was supposed to sound:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnm4vQpS5ngIii1uRYuVWuW1Z5EmtIC_b
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnm4vQpS5ngLRlWODk1B71scU7jHasMXt

Now listen to the track the way it was meant to be heard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6COeuvwevbQ&index=102&list=PLnm4vQpS5ngIii1uRYuVWuW1Z5EmtIC_b
If you go back in the thread and check my posts for when I just started playing Mother 3 you would see a lot of my comments saying "X song should be in this game" or "I'm on this part and X song is sooo good" then eventually I just said something like "I'm going to stop posting songs because the entire soundtrack is good." And time to listen to the songs with high quality, thank you very much. :^)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Answering me with a spoiler obviously isn't going to help if I'm gonna play the game!! XD

I only read the first line, so don't worry, but geez you guys need to warn m before you drop this stuff. :p

Drippy

Smash Ace
Anyone here love video game challenges as much as I do? I really want to do the Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon, specifically Pokemon Emerald since I've never played Emerald before. I also want to do a solo playthrough of SMT : Nocturne and SMT : Strange Journey which for those of you who haven't played those games, the SMT series are pretty infamously known for their natural hard difficulty and I plan on doing a playthrough without using any demons (which are party members you can negotiate with in battle or fuse, kind of like Pokemon but you have three out at once in addition with your main character).

@ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima I just beat Nightmare in Dreamland though I'm to lazy to unlock Meta-Knightmare mode and now I'm just going to move onto The Amazing Mirror. And since I really do feel bad about being such a evil pirate, I do plan on buying these games in the future when I have money along with a GBA.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Anyone here love video game challenges as much as I do? I really want to do the Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon, specifically Pokemon Emerald since I've never played Emerald before.
Nuzlockes are fun, but there is nothing funnier than a randomized Nuzlocke in pokemon
i even randomized abilities and got wild registeels (i couldn't catch anymore) earlly on in the game with shadow tag (prevents escaping/switching).
At that level they knew nothing but explosion and i had nothing to one-shot it (that thing is way too tanky) so i basically lost half my team to wild registeels.

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Anyone here love video game challenges as much as I do? I really want to do the Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon, specifically Pokemon Emerald since I've never played Emerald before. I also want to do a solo playthrough of SMT : Nocturne and SMT : Strange Journey which for those of you who haven't played those games, the SMT series are pretty infamously known for their natural hard difficulty and I plan on doing a playthrough without using any demons (which are party members you can negotiate with in battle or fuse, kind of like Pokemon but you have three out at once in addition with your main character).
I also love these sort of challenges, just look to my username! I already did a Pokémon Black 2 Nuzlocke, a "perfect level-up" run in Golden Sun, that Hard Mode ‹15% speed run in Metroid: Zero Mission and the hardest one so far, the Super Mario Galaxy deathless and max coins run, along some more.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I've done Nuzlockes on Emerald and Black. I love doing them a lot, which is funny, because despite liking Fire Emblem, I always choose Casual Mode there when possible.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well I just started Mother.

ALREADY getting bodied by hippies and Wally getting freakishly angry.

Although that one bullhorn that Ninted just wasn't impressed by was absolutely hilarious. I was suddenly doing so much damage. :grin:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Nuzlockes are fun, but there is nothing funnier than a randomized Nuzlocke in pokemon
i even randomized abilities and got wild registeels (i couldn't catch anymore) earlly on in the game with shadow tag (prevents escaping/switching).
At that level they knew nothing but explosion and i had nothing to one-shot it (that thing is way too tanky) so i basically lost half my team to wild registeels.
I did a total random nuzlocke in FireRed once, randomizing types and moves, and types the move are, haha. I had a bug type Nidorino, a Dark Wailord, a ground Beedrill, and Steel Suicune, that surprisingly wasn't too hard to catch.

Also, have you guys played any good rom hacks, like Pokemon Light Platinum or Fire Emblem Elibian Nights? Heck I saw some Eathbound ones on the Starmen forum, but I've never tried any of them. They're quite fun and it's nice to see fans of the series taking there own spin modifying then games for even more fans to enjoy.

Tikao

Smash Ace
I did a total random nuzlocke in FireRed once, randomizing types and moves, and types the move are, haha. I had a bug type Nidorino, a Dark Wailord, a ground Beedrill, and Steel Suicune, that surprisingly wasn't too hard to catch.
i fished a rock type deoxys in emerald at the beginning and caught it with ~20 pokeballs, then run into a shiny deoxys at the same spot while training the first deoxys and caught it with my remaining 7 pokeballs xD

i also rerolled stats and both were nearly useless in every aspect

Drippy

Smash Ace
I just plan on doing some of the additional rules for fun like releasing your starter Pokemon. However what do you mean by randomized abilities?

I also love these sort of challenges, just look to my username! I already did a Pokémon Black 2 Nuzlocke, a "perfect level-up" run in Golden Sun, that Hard Mode ‹15% speed run in Metroid: Zero Mission and the hardest one so far, the Super Mario Galaxy deathless and max coins run, along some more.
I'm actually playing Zero Mission from now and I'm liking it so far, it's my first ever Metroid game and man can't wait to start with the challenges in my games. I'm mainly excited for the Nocturne one and the solo playthrough.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Finished Mother 3 again last night but forgot to post it. God, this playthrough was so much better than my first. Seriously, this "game" is amazing. Words really can't describe how I feel about it.

At the end, I didn't cry... but there was no reason to. It's hard to describe, but the way it was crafted instated so much other feelings that crying wasn't really necessary. I dunno, sounds weird, I can't describe it.

Anyways... fill in the blank (unless you feel differently about it)!

"Mother 3 isn't just a video game, it's (a/an) ___"

Last edited:

Tikao

Smash Ace
I just plan on doing some of the additional rules for fun like releasing your starter Pokemon. However what do you mean by randomized abilities?
every pokemon has an ability (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability) so if you randomize them, every pokemon will have a random ability
always fun realizing all the Gyarados in your game have huge power (doubles your attack stat) and then dying to it ... or getting it, if you're lucky

Mother 3 is love, Mother 3 is life

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Finished Mother 3 again last night but forgot to post it. God, this playthrough was so much better than my first. Seriously, this "game" is amazing. Words really can't describe how I feel about it.

At the end, I didn't cry... but there was no reason to. It's hard to describe, but the way it was crafted instated so much other feelings that crying wasn't really necessary. I dunno, sounds weird, I can't describe it.

Experience.

And really, that could apply to EarthBound as well. You don't play them for the gameplay. You play them to explore their worlds and discover every little touch, and you find something new every time.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Masterpiece IMO, like it's not even just the gameplay but the music and story alone puts it up there as one of my favorite games. Also can't forget about how much this game has made me laugh too, I don't remember laughing so much in a game before.

every pokemon has an ability (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Ability) so if you randomize them, every pokemon will have a random ability
always fun realizing all the Gyarados in your game have huge power (doubles your attack stat) and then dying to it ... or getting it, if you're lucky

Mother 3 is love, Mother 3 is life
I meant do you use like a mod or something to make it all randomized?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay,

I'm past Podunk graveyard and about to enter the zoo. Got plenty of money from my grinding and I'm about level 8. I expect to die... a lot. BUT WE'LL TRY IT ANYWAY. :3

And Mother 3 isn't just a game, it's a journey, a work of art. It's one of those games that represents why this media has so much to offer, it shows us the wonderful parts of our world and ourselves through these little twin brothers.

Earthbound is very similar. I'd assume Mother has some morals as well.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117

An Amazing Videogame that everyone should play over trash like COD.

That's just me. Would've said Masterpiece, but it was already said.

I plan on playing Mother 3 again probably early June when Lucas is drawing near. I have EB on Wii U, and i may play Mother 1 again...On the Mother 1+2 translation with Easy Ring of course, so i can actually beat the game, lol.

Last edited:

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Oh, great. Not only is Fassad back, but he made me grind for Offense Up Omega on what was supposed to be my grindless, enjoyable run.

Jerk.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I'm going to feel stupid for asking this question but does anybody know if Mother 3i is on a physical disc since I can't find a copy anywhere, digitally or physical. I own Mother 3+ (which I constantly play everywhere) and only realised I didn't have Mother 3i until recently.

Wind Waker HD is amazing. I could just watch Link sail for hours. It's just so calming.
Mother 1's constant enemy spawning rates can be quite annoying to push through. I believe there is a Fan remake called the 20th Anniversary Edition? Anyone is free to correct me since this is going off my terrible memory.
I do know that there is a 'Easy Patch' for Mother 1 which doubles the experience and money you get from enemies. (http://earthboundcentral.com/2008/11/earthbound-zero-easy-patch/)

I just finished another playthrough of Mother 3 and I have to say the amount of tears I shed made me realise how much I love this game for the millionth time. I don't know how some of you can not cry until the end. :cry:
... a life experience and something that can really open your eyes to the world around you. If I had never played the Mother trilogy I actually think I would be a different person in many ways. Maybe I give it too much praise but this game really means a lot to me and I find myself relating pretty deeply with Lucas' character.
Geez I'm rambling again...

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
An Amazing Videogame that everyone should play over trash like COD.

That's just me. Would've said Masterpiece, but it was already said.

I plan on playing Mother 3 again probably early June when Lucas is drawing near. I have EB on Wii U, and i may play Mother 1 again...On the Mother 1+2 translation with Easy Ring of course, so i can actually beat the game, lol.
I'm not using the Easy Ring and life is fuuuun. :p

I beat the zoo! Actually it wasn't too hard, for some insanely lucky reason I didn't get an encounter from about halfway in all the way until the building. Starman Jr. Was a tad difficult, but I took the initiative early on and used Defense up straight away so his only real threat was PK Beam, and thankfully I was able to heal it off for the most part. He had less health than I expected, so perhaps I should have gone more aggressive; but ah well. I need to find something that lost its tail in the meantime. Oh, also I guess I'm off to Maryville now to find (presumably) Ana! Weeeee! :D

Oh and also I'm wondering when I'll get Pk Beam alpha. I reckon it'll really make my life a lot easier. I'll need to find a place I can heal easily and grind with it when I do get it. :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
It's pretty funny, because I don't have a brother and I've never lost a relative, yet I can still deeply relate to Lucas' character. I've always been pretty shy and a bit of a crybaby, and losing my mother was one of my biggest fears when I was a kid. I guess that's just another way to prove the point that Mother 3's story is amazing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
On Mother 3's relation to me:

I can relate in some ways because although I haven't lost an immediate family member, I do have two siblings which I'm insanely close to. I'd be devastated if I lost my brother somehow. I don't know what I would do.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm not using the Easy Ring and life is fuuuun. :p

I beat the zoo! Actually it wasn't too hard, for some insanely lucky reason I didn't get an encounter from about halfway in all the way until the building. Starman Jr. Was a tad difficult, but I took the initiative early on and used Defense up straight away so his only real threat was PK Beam, and thankfully I was able to heal it off for the most part. He had less health than I expected, so perhaps I should have gone more aggressive; but ah well. I need to find something that lost its tail in the meantime. Oh, also I guess I'm off to Maryville now to find (presumably) Ana! Weeeee! :D

Oh and also I'm wondering when I'll get Pk Beam alpha. I reckon it'll really make my life a lot easier. I'll need to find a place I can heal easily and grind with it when I do get it. :p
I didn't get any encounters in the Zoo, I assumed it was a safe area like a town. I wasn't sure if people were talking about a different zoo or something when they were talking about how hard it was.

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
I'm going to feel stupid for asking this question but does anybody know if Mother 3i is on a physical disc since I can't find a copy anywhere, digitally or physical. I own Mother 3+ (which I constantly play everywhere) and only realised I didn't have Mother 3i until recently.
Mother 3i is avaible officially and only in japanese iTunes; but I recall it being one time in the american one. You can find it in YouTube anyways...

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I'll be hopping on the "replaying Mother 3" bandwagon as well. Though in my case is "mostly replaying". I got up to the ocean walking section last summer, but then just stopped playing for whatever reason. Now that I'm using a different computer, my old save state doesn't work anymore, so I gotta start over anyway. At least I'll remember to go back to Osohe Castle in Chapter 5 this time lol.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
So I've decided to replay MOTHER 3 again, and it's every bit as wonderful as the first time. Currently on chapter 2. I'm also playing Earthbound on the virtual console too.
Truely, the Earthbound series is the only game series (at least for me) where each time you play is as exhilarating as the first time. Each game has it's own unique charm that just draws me to them, Earthbound Zero is for the intrigue of the remarkably pedestrian setting, (It's literally America.:)) Earthbound for the quirky humor and subtle undertones (fart jokes lel), and MOTHER 3 for the extremely fleshed out story and characters ( namely::4lucas:). They're all games that will be a part of me forever. And to think, I first learned about this series through Smash Bros. itself. :chuckle:

Drippy

Smash Ace
WHAT THE HELL. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT YOU COULD GO IN THE BASEMENT IN MOTHER 1~!!?!?!?!?!?! Oh my glob...
I was trying to talk to the crystal in the cave but I wasn't being sent to Magicant so I Googled it and it said I needed the GGF's Diary and I realized it was the diary Ninten's dad was talking about so I walk back to my house and I find out the mom CAN ACTUALLY HEAL YOU. I was suffering those first few ****ing levels and I literally arrived at the town with 3 HP left, not only that I didn't have a Cracked Bat or any Bread and I could've just grinded on the rats in the ****ing basement. I made my life a hell at the beginning of the game FML

Did @ D Drippy mark my words, brethern?
? :O

I'll be hopping on the "replaying Mother 3" bandwagon as well. Though in my case is "mostly replaying". I got up to the ocean walking section last summer, but then just stopped playing for whatever reason. Now that I'm using a different computer, my old save state doesn't work anymore, so I gotta start over anyway. At least I'll remember to go back to Osohe Castle in Chapter 5 this time lol.
I feel ya, I used to do that with my games too and in fact I still do that. I did it for Ni No Kuni on the final boss and never got to beat it because my PS3 stopped working, and NNK is one of my favorite JRPGs out there. On the other hand I didn't go to Osohe Castle, what was there? :(

So I've decided to replay MOTHER 3 again, and it's every bit as wonderful as the first time. Currently on chapter 2. I'm also playing Earthbound on the virtual console too.
Truely, the Earthbound series is the only game series (at least for me) where each time you play is as exhilarating as the first time. Each game has it's own unique charm that just draws me to them, Earthbound Zero is for the intrigue of the remarkably pedestrian setting, (It's literally America.:)) Earthbound for the quirky humor and subtle undertones (fart jokes lel), and MOTHER 3 for the extremely fleshed out story and characters ( namely::4lucas:). They're all games that will be a part of me forever. And to think, I first learned about this series through Smash Bros. itself. :chuckle:
Hypeeee trainnn!!! In my opinion though Mother 3 made me laugh a lot more than Earthbound but I agreed all games had their own quirky humor.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
WHAT THE HELL. I JUST FOUND OUT THAT YOU COULD GO IN THE BASEMENT IN MOTHER 1~!!?!?!?!?!?! Oh my glob...
I was trying to talk to the crystal in the cave but I wasn't being sent to Magicant so I Googled it and it said I needed the GGF's Diary and I realized it was the diary Ninten's dad was talking about so I walk back to my house and I find out the mom CAN ACTUALLY HEAL YOU. I was suffering those first few ****ing levels and I literally arrived at the town with 3 HP left, not only that I didn't have a Cracked Bat or any Bread and I could've just grinded on the rats in the ****ing basement. I made my life a hell at the beginning of the game FML

? :O

I feel ya, I used to do that with my games too and in fact I still do that. I did it for Ni No Kuni on the final boss and never got to beat it because my PS3 stopped working, and NNK is one of my favorite JRPGs out there. On the other hand I didn't go to Osohe Castle, what was there? :(

Hypeeee trainnn!!! In my opinion though Mother 3 made me laugh a lot more than Earthbound but I agreed all games had their own quirky humor.
OH FUDGE I WAS WONDERING WHY THAT CRYSTAL WASN'T DOING ANYTHING, BECAUSE LITERALLY LIKE 5 MINUTES BEFORE I WENT HOME AND GAVE THE DIARY TO MY SISTER GAAAAAAH.

Well that solves that little mystery! And off to Magicant we go! Now how to find out how to get to that singing bird to give her back the egg... That can wait. :grin:

Drippy

Smash Ace
OH FUDGE I WAS WONDERING WHY THAT CRYSTAL WASN'T DOING ANYTHING, BECAUSE LITERALLY LIKE 5 MINUTES BEFORE I WENT HOME AND GAVE THE DIARY TO MY SISTER GAAAAAAH.

Well that solves that little mystery! And off to Magicant we go! Now how to find out how to get to that singing bird to give her back the egg... That can wait. :grin:
I WAS SO ****ING STUCK TOO MAN. Also there's a white pillar and there's a hidden door behind it and then you give the canary to Laura.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Mother 3 is amazing, one of my fave games ever but that ending is just a piece of crap, it makes me wanna choke Itoi every time I see that

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I find it amazing that there are still details I don't know about Earthbound or Mother 3, even after playing/watching them so much. Just goes to show how much of a detail freak Itoi is.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I WAS SO ****ING STUCK TOO MAN. Also there's a white pillar and there's a hidden door behind it and then you give the canary to Laura.
I noticed the white pillar! But, I didn't think I'd be able to get behind it. I'll do that when I get out of Magicant.

The issue is, I'm a little unsure of a few things. I kind of want to buy stuff but I only have somewhere between $2000-3000; and I also want to save up for a new bat when I get the chance. Not to mention I can't find an ATM machine! :grin:

My biggest issue is that I've found a bit of a dungeon area and I can get pretty far in, but I get to a dragon I can't wake up and the old man that is forgotten that tells me to forget him and he's blocking my path. I remember a lady just west of Magicant was talking about him, so tomorrow when I finish my classes I guess I'll go ask her and see how I can work with him.

Also I have the first and third melody, so I'm assuming the canary is the second part.

I know it's a NES game but already almost having 3 of the 8 melodies means I'm going faster than I thought, even though there seems to be so much on the map. Gee wiz, I have no idea what to think! I'm really enjoying it, though! =D

And @ Solfiner Solfiner , the devil is in the details always, my friend. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom