• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
Here's the thing i kinda wanna play Brawl and practice lucas' moves, but my GC controllers lag for some reason

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Question for you, did you Photoshop that glorious HD Lucas in your signature with the Boney shirt or are those floating around somewhere that I could steal? Lol. I suck at Photoshop so I wouldn't be able to make one.

Edit: Never mind totally stalked your profile and saw you found it on Twitter lol.
No problem. And a friend made the entire sig for me as well.:4lucas:

Trust me, I wish I could have done it myself. it is a glorious alt.

Funny, I expected people to gravitate toward the MM alt, but the Boney alt seems to be where all the hype is at.
Bleh. Time to run through the day on four hours of sleep. You guys kept me up all night with Lucas. I'd go back to sleep because it's Friday but I chose to stay up so late on a day I actually had to do stuff...

That stuff is re-play Mother 3.

Anyways, hi. @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu has the best picture of Lucas ever - Boney alt, smiling Lucas, amazing stage, and that adorable pose. It's amazingly amazing :4lucas:
If I weren't getting a new game that will inevitably keep me putting hours into it in a week, I'd totally replay Mother 3. I might anyway since it's been a while.

And yes, I grabbed this from the trailer. It was instant love.:love:
If there's any song that I ever wanted to come back to the series the most. It's Fountain of Dreams. THAT'S THE TRUE GOAT

I mean I don't really care for his current moveset but I do think it'd be really cool if he could use some of his own unique skills. It would be pretty cool how they implement Defense / Offense Up or any of his healing abilities. Well I'm truly grateful they didn't give him a counter...
Just the song? I want the stage back!:cry:

Ryan.

Smash Lord

Funny, I expected people to gravitate toward the MM alt, but the Boney alt seems to be where all the hype is at.
I love the entire sig btw! They did a great job.

Agreed. It is a fantastic alternate. I will be using this one and the one with the purple shorts quite a bit.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I am my own species and I am very intelligent. Well @Rocket is already taken
I meant the character in general (we roleplaying right?).

Wow your friend is awesome and tbh I like the MM alt but hate how pale his skin looks. He reminds me of Edward for Twilight, but oh well green is my second fave color anyways next to orange. I'm still debating between Boney and Claus alt as of now, I want to see how the last three alts look too first.

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
I like the new alts but i hope the red shirt comes back

Drippy

Smash Ace
I wonder if the claus color is going to be named claus in game?
I said this somewhere else and I highly doubt it. I know Claus is his brother so they're suppose to look the same but in the end it's just a simple recolor. I highly doubt Nintendo would go through all that work (even if it seems like a little) to change only one of the palettes to Claus unlike Olimar and Alph which is a much bigger transformation including Alph gets a tons of palettes for his own version of himself as well. Who knows, maybe I will be wrong because Lucas did come out and I was convinced he wouldn't make it back in but I just don't see it happening.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm still hoping we get Toon Link's outset island attire as a costume, similar to Project M. That was one of my favorite costumes in the game, and replaying Windwaker just go go through in Outset Island outfit is amazing.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm still hoping we get Toon Link's outset island attire as a costume, similar to Project M. That was one of my favorite costumes in the game, and replaying Windwaker just go go through in Outset Island outfit is amazing.
Yes <33333333!!! Also pajamas for Lucas or Ness...

Oh yeah on the topic of Lucas's hair, why did they exaggerate it so much? >__> It's really holding back the smilie from looking good since half of it is his freshly-opened-container-of-butter hair.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GIVE EVERYONE PAJAMA ALTS

That'd be hilarious, watching Ganondorf run around in his pajamas with a blanket cape.

I don't think Claus should get a Dark Pit or Alph treatment, as he's never shown to really use PK stuff as Claus. Also, as others have said, he's more known as The Masked Man, who would be more unique than Lucas clones.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
So you folks would love masked man.
But I must ask. How would you feel if Lucas got the Pit treatment and later in DLC Development.
And just before you say it, Yes they can look different.
Just a fun little thought :)
:4pit::4lucas::4darkpit: (claus)
Moved from a Thread I made as @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima request :)

I always did like Claus, but despite how tragic he became, I gotta say no.

If it was the Masked Man, (even though I prefer Porky) I'd say otherwise, but that would require not-a-clone. I don't think fighting as Claus as his own character would feel right, as we never REALLY saw him fight with PK This or PK That in the game.

Besides, I really don't want to pay extra for the same character (and dammit you know I will anyway.)

I probably wouldn't even give him the Alph treatment, in all true honesty.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Oh yeah on the topic of Lucas's hair, why did they exaggerate it so much? >__> It's really holding back the smilie from looking good since half of it is his freshly-opened-container-of-butter hair.
I love his hair! As stated before, it looks like soft-served ice cream. Can't go wrong with ice cream hair! Also, :4lucas: is only like that because Warchamp cut out the Lucas render. His actual stock icon will look different, to fit in with the rest of them.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Maybe this have a hair fetish... that hair does look extremely sexy and smooth.

GIVE EVERYONE PAJAMA ALTS

That'd be hilarious, watching Ganondorf run around in his pajamas with a blanket cape.

I don't think Claus should get a Dark Pit or Alph treatment, as he's never shown to really use PK stuff as Claus. Also, as others have said, he's more known as The Masked Man, who would be more unique than Lucas clones.
YESSSSSS PLEASE. WE NEED PAJAMA MODS FOR EVERYONE

So you folks would love masked man.
But I must ask. How would you feel if Lucas got the Pit treatment and later in DLC Development.
And just before you say it, Yes they can look different.
Just a fun little thought :)
:4pit::4lucas::4darkpit: (claus)
Moved from a Thread I made as @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima request :)
No I wouldn't want Claus, especially considering Claus is much more recognized as the Masked Man and with a beam sword and hand cannon with PSI abilities, Masked Man will have 10x the potential to be much more unique than as if he was put in as Claus. And it doesn't matter if he looks slightly different because he'll still look a lot like Lucas either way.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't want to be hated for playing Lucas though, like some people are for playing Sonic, Rosalina, Diddy etc.
I want him to be mid-high at best, but the trailer showed that he has some really good stuff going for him.
Feed on the hatred. It brings us power.

JV 3 stock your opponent, look them dead in the eyes and say, "that's for all the times I got grab released."

Drippy

Smash Ace
Feed on the hatred. It brings us power.

JV 3 stock your opponent, look them dead in the eyes and say, "that's for all the times I got grab released."
And just to add on:
I don't know why people are ashamed of playing high tier characters anyway. Playing a high tier is more honest than playing a bad character, where the "my character is bad" john can be thrown around to cover your tracks every time you lose.

If you lose as a high tier, there is no blanket to fall on, you just need to get better.

I mean I secretly wish Lucas won't high tier either because I hate playing dittos and everyone is going to be playing him but the fun thing about playing a high tier is trying to prove your the best at that character, especially when you've been playing them since the start and not after they got some fancy tier placement.

Last edited:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Teran with the real talk as usual. I ****ing hate people who just play low tiers so they can whine about how bad their character is.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Teran with the real talk as usual. I ****ing hate people who just play low tiers so they can whine about how bad their character is.
I feel ya and what's worse is when people say "you only won because you're playing X high tier" or "my character is low tier, that's why I lost." I remember when I used to play Diddy, I put hours into practicing him and all of his little tricks and techniques. Now I've moved onto Mega Man because I just find him funner even though my success with Mega Man I'll admit has been worse.

DarkDrifloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenNessDerek
:lucas:Just in time too :4lucas:
E3 surely. It has to be. Promote Lucas in June with Mother 3.
Also welcome to the boards :)
As you can see we are a thriving community of Psi suporters :D
:ness64::nessmelee::ness2::lucas::4ness::4lucas:
Also here's 64 Lucas now all we need is Melee.
Thanks

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Haha getting quoted in the Lucas hype train. <3

I love Lucas and I'm super glad he's coming back, I will play him regardless of how good he is but obviously hope he's great so I can rock him properly.

All I know is he can't be as bad as Wii Fit, I so wanted to main her but....

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
For those folk who happen to have Pushmo on the Nintendo 3DS (I got my copy from the Club Nintendo rewards);

I made a Lucas. :4lucas:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yo I ship it... I mean this is female Mewtwo right...? I'm just joking hahahahahaha.....

Top Bottom