• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That comic....

OUR BOY HAS COME HOME.

Sorry, emotional outburst...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
With Shulk though, most Diddys get a healthy lead on me. I never talked about it because I made an oath to drop the character. Lmao
I don't think you should let yourself be controlled by public opinion on it too much. If you enjoy playing him then play him, I don't think there's anything wrong with that in the slightest.

But if you're committing time to Shulk ("NOW IT'S SHULK TIME") then yeah it's up to you.

I don't think you should let yourself be controlled by public opinion on it too much. If you enjoy playing him then play him, I don't think there's anything wrong with that in the slightest.
I don't enjoy playing the character

I play him because I troll people with him

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
But seriously: that bair. It almost looks like it the hit drags the opponent toward the spike point, so it's a little bit easier to land.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Holy crap. I cannot believe he's back. Before the game release I was trying to remain positive yet knowing in the back of my mind he'd be cut, but I really didn't consider Sakurai would actually add him later on as DLC. I am so incredibly happy and cannot wait until June. :)

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
As much as I'd hoped that Lucas would get a moveset more accurate to his in-game self, I'm too floored that he's back and as a separate character instead of a Ness alt and still looks similar to his Brawl self sans now having a longer Rope Snake to boot to be upset.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
...eh. I still wish he had some new special moves, like "Offense Up."
How about not.....
Believe it or not, I really hate how PM Lucas plays. He is absolutely no fun for me in PM.... He is the most butchered character in PM, and while I like that it adds something canon.... It still took away his fun moveset.....

All these new people during the morning, wew lad

Welcome everybody!

Also Onett theme is best theme, followed by Threed.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
As much as I'd hoped that Lucas would get a moveset more accurate to his in-game self, I'm too floored that he's back and as a separate character instead of a Ness alt and still looks similar to his Brawl self sans now having a longer Rope Snake to boot to be upset.
Question for you, did you Photoshop that glorious HD Lucas in your signature with the Boney shirt or are those floating around somewhere that I could steal? Lol. I suck at Photoshop so I wouldn't be able to make one.

Edit: Never mind totally stalked your profile and saw you found it on Twitter lol.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
...eh. I still wish he had some new special moves, like "Offense Up."
I like everything else being unchanged but I'm not the happiest about Freeze returning either unless it's been buffed to not be worthless. From the 4 or 5 times I've played PM, I've liked Offense Up though so I was hoping for something maybe like that.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
How about not.....
Believe it or not, I really hate how PM Lucas plays. He is absolutely no fun for me in PM.... He is the most butchered character in PM, and while I like that it adds something canon.... It still took away his fun moveset.....
What is fun about playing as an easier Ness that fights nothing like he is in MOTHER 3/EarthBound Final for the GBA?

He should be buffing his physical offense & defense. He can't use elemental powers.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Bleh. Time to run through the day on four hours of sleep. You guys kept me up all night with Lucas. I'd go back to sleep because it's Friday but I chose to stay up so late on a day I actually had to do stuff...

That stuff is re-play Mother 3.

Anyways, hi. @ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu has the best picture of Lucas ever - Boney alt, smiling Lucas, amazing stage, and that adorable pose. It's amazingly amazing :4lucas:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What is fun about playing as an easier Ness that fights nothing like he is in MOTHER 3/EarthBound Final for the GBA?

He should be buffing his physical offense & defense. He can't use elemental powers.
Ness can't use elemental powers either.
He's just as uncanon as Lucas. Of which, this is Smash. Robin can use nosferatu as a tactician, Ganondorf doesn't use a sword nor magic, ect. They aren't exactly meant to be "their characters", they are more representatives of their series. Of which, Lucas still fights the way he does in Mother. He uses a stick, Pk Love, pulls needles, ect.
My beef with PM Lucas is that they took away his amazing hitboxes on his smash attacks. Unless Lucas uses offense up.
This decreases the importance of PK Love, (Lucas's down and up smashes).
They took away what made Lucas fun to play in Brawl, they nerfed his Smashes, pm Lucas is just terrible....

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Ness can't use elemental powers either.
He's just as uncanon as Lucas. Of which, this is Smash. Robin can use nosferatu as a tactician, Ganondorf doesn't use a sword nor magic, ect. They aren't exactly meant to be "their characters", they are more representatives of their series. Of which, Lucas still fights the way he does in Mother. He uses a stick, Pk Love, pulls needles, ect.
My beef with PM Lucas is that they took away his amazing hitboxes on his smash attacks. Unless Lucas uses offense up.
This decreases the importance of PK Love, (Lucas's down and up smashes).
They took away what made Lucas fun to play in Brawl, they nerfed his Smashes, pm Lucas is just terrible....
Honestly, I like PM Lucas but for very different reasons to Brawl's. Offense Up made him a much more tactical character and with the buffs on his non-Smash moves, he had a lot more options. I liked the idea of having to work more tactically and strategically to get the kill. But that's just me.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Same! I'm so glad it made it into Smash.
If there's any song that I ever wanted to come back to the series the most. It's Fountain of Dreams. THAT'S THE TRUE GOAT

I mean I don't really care for his current moveset but I do think it'd be really cool if he could use some of his own unique skills. It would be pretty cool how they implement Defense / Offense Up or any of his healing abilities. Well I'm truly grateful they didn't give him a counter...

Drippy

Smash Ace
Honestly, I like PM Lucas but for very different reasons to Brawl's. Offense Up made him a much more tactical character and with the buffs on his non-Smash moves, he had a lot more options. I liked the idea of having to work more tactically and strategically to get the kill. But that's just me.
I don't really know much about Project M but I do watch a lot of competitive matches on all the Smash game so I just kind of go like "Wow that's cool" when I don't know what's going on but I love PM Lucas. I was watching some Pink Fresh yesterday and he looks extremely fun but than again a lot of characters in the game look fun like Donkey Kong and Roy.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I've only played PM a few times but yeah, Lucas and Roy are great fun! Pink Fresh is an amazing player too, and I hope he starts playing Lucas in Sm4sh. He's one of the few players whose matches I watched for Brawl so it'd be cool to see him play my fave Smash game with my fave Smash character.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If we got Dream Land 64 and FoD back, I'd go insane. We'd have two amazing Kirby stages, one that'd look AMAZING in HD, crazy good music and three legal Kirby stages.

We need more Earthbound stages before we add back in Kirby ones, though.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Does anyone have the feeling that Lucas may have already been partially developed early in the games development before being put on low priority to focus on newcomers? I theorize the same happened with Wolf based on Sakurais' comment on not wanting to cut veterans 2 years back.

I feel that Lucas was already partially developed before they decided he would be dlc and finished him up, it makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I've only played PM a few times but yeah, Lucas and Roy are great fun! Pink Fresh is an amazing player too, and I hope he starts playing Lucas in Sm4sh. He's one of the few players whose matches I watched for Brawl so it'd be cool to see him play my fave Smash game with my fave Smash character.
Do you know where I could find any of his other Brawl Lucas games if there are any? The only ones I'm able to find online (for Lucas in general, freaking ridiculous) is Pink Fresh VS Logic (Olimar). And it'd be awesome to see him play in Sm4sh so we can learn all of his secret Lucas techs :3

If we got Dream Land 64 and FoD back, I'd go insane. We'd have two amazing Kirby stages, one that'd look AMAZING in HD, crazy good music and three legal Kirby stages.

We need more Earthbound stages before we add back in Kirby ones, though.
FoD is all I want and in terms of EB stages, I just want Magicant and New Pork City, maybe an additional Mother 3 stage would be really awesome as well.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Does anyone have the feeling that Lucas may have already been partially developed early in the games development before being put on low priority to focus on newcomers? I theorize the same happened with Wolf based on Sakurais' comment on not wanting to cut veterans 2 years back.

I feel that Lucas was already partially developed before they decided he would be dlc and finished him up, it makes a lot of sense.
I was actually assuming that as well. I said in another thread that putting Lucas as an alternative costume was possibly the most obvious thing you could've done considering Olimar & Alph and Bowser Jr & all the Koopalings. Like there would have been literally no reason not to include Lucas as an alternate for Ness unless they planned on bringing him back. Of course back than I didn't really consider that idea because no Ms. Pac-Man or Protoman Mega Man :(

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Do you know where I could find any of his other Brawl Lucas games if there are any? The only ones I'm able to find online (for Lucas in general, freaking ridiculous) is Pink Fresh VS Logic (Olimar). And it'd be awesome to see him play in Sm4sh so we can learn all of his secret Lucas techs :3

FoD is all I want and in terms of EB stages, I just want Magicant and New Pork City, maybe an additional Mother 3 stage would be really awesome as well.

Not seen either of these before so I dunno if they're any good. Here's Mekos vs. Gluttony as well, which is an awesome match:

EDIT: Put it under a spoiler tag to save space.

Last edited:

OwenMaster

Smash Cadet
NNID
OwenMaster3DHD
3DS FC
0516-7651-4373
June is so far away I need him now I don't care if they give me a beta for him with all the bugs

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace

Not seen either of these before so I dunno if they're any good. Here's Mekos vs. Gluttony as well, which is an awesome match:
Omg I love you so much for this, when I tried to find some like two days ago it was just filled of Chipmunk Gaming (a non-competitive Smash channel) and well random stuff. I searched like the first four / five pages and was convinced that there were simply no Lucas players in Brawl so ily so much for this.

June is so far away I need him no I don't care if they give me a beta for him with all the bugs
I know you're probably not joking but no I would not like this at all. Not only would it be disappointing to know Nintendo is rushing their characters and not putting much time into it, it would also mean they would have to have patch(s) to either fix him / balance him.

Top Bottom