• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I loved Lucas in Brawl. He's still my main! And although Lucas and Ness are great, it's not fully repped. If you can only have Lucas and Ness, you need to have Porky. Porky is the one who connects the two games and they're story. So, in other words, we need Lucas and Porky.
Three games. Also what would he be named, Pokey or Porky? What appearance would he take, child or old? What moves would he have? HP-sucker is only one special. Even one more character is pushing it, especially with all the newcomers.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I previously had a decent idea for a different side B for Ness to separate him from Lucas and give him something that he actually used in-game. Here is the idea: I also think it'd be great if Ness got rid of PK Fire for something he actually used in Earthbound like paralysis which could act as a fast, close range projectile that stuns the target for a brief moment which would go well with his close range fighting style.

EDIT: Whoops wrong thread, but you guys get the idea.
It should only be enough to get an Ftilt or something in sometime though...otherwise it would be OP...

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Three games. Also what would he be named, Pokey or Porky? What appearance would he take, child or old? What moves would he have? HP-sucker is only one special. Even one more character is pushing it, especially with all the newcomers.

:confused: Ness appeared in Earthbound, Lucas appeared in Mother 3.
He would be named Porky due to Pokey being a mistranslation.
Old. He would appear in his bed mech from Mother 3.

PORKY MINCH MOVESET
Statistics: Porky is a character that is hard to KO due to his bed mech's weight. He is also the heaviest character (Probabaly) in the game. He has great strength, fair movement, poor air game, and good recovery. Overall, he is better at doing one-on-one fights than four player fights.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral Special: Stinky Gas
Porky's bed mech sprays out a stinky gas that, when touched, causes the opponent to take rapid 1% damage . The gas dissappears after three seconds

Side Special: Mecha Porky
Porky's bed mech throws out a Mecha Porky that, when it hits the ground, will run around the stage randomly until it hits an opponent or falls off a stage, where it then explodes doing 13% damage with fair knockback. If it fails to hit a player before 5 seconds, it will trip and explode.

Up Special: Electricity Orb
Porky's bed mech jumps up into the air and hovers while charging a ball of red lightning. While charging, the lighting ball does rapid 1% damage when touched, and the bed mech can also go left and right while hovering. The charge lasts three seconds before striking the red lightning down onto the ground, which does 16% damage with great knockback and an electricity effect. If hit while charging, the move will be cancelled, but you will not go into helpless mode.

Down Special: PSI Counter Shield
Porky's bed mech sticks it's arms out and creates a PSI Counter Shield that works almost exactly like Fox's reflector. It also reflects any attacks and projectiles when executed.

NORMAL MOVES

Neutral A: Jab
Porky's bed mech uses it's arms to send a jab to the opponent. Each jab does 2% per hit. When doing a combo for this move, the bed mech will then deal several jabs with it's arms rapidly. Each jab does 1% damage. If A is held down while doing the combo, it will continue to jab the opponent.

Down A: Vomit
(This is based on the fact that Porky is old and weak) Porky himself will lean over and vomit onto the ground next to him. Vomit does rapid 1% damage, but goes away after three seconds.

Side A: Electric Jab
Porky's bed mech quickly deals a jab to the opponent with it's arm, except that it has red electricity running through it's arms. Does 8% damage with poor knockback and an electricity effect.

Up A: Upper Jab
Porky's bed mech jabs it's arm upwards quickly. Does 6% damage with fair knockback.

Dash A: Trample
Porky's bed mech tramples the ground in front of it quickly. Does rapid 2% damage with fair knockback.

Aerial A: Electric Field
Porky's bed mech creates a red electric field around itself. Does 13% damage with great knockback and an electricity effect.

SMASH ATTACKS

Side Smash: Lunge
Porky's bed mech will lunge a short distance with it's legs sticking out. Does 18% damage when fully charged with great knockback and a small amount of lag.

Up Smash: Electricity Jab
Porky's bed mech's arms create a large red electricity ball (similar to his Electricity Orb) and shoots the electricity upwards. Does 19% damage and great knockback with some lag.

Down Smash: Crush
Porky's bed mech leaps up a short distance and crashs back down on the ground. Does 21% damage with fantastic knockback. Also buries opponents if they are directly under the bed mech when hit.

Aerial Side Smash: Leg Kick
Porky's bed mech kicks it's three legs to the right/left. Does 9% damage with good knockback.

Aerial Up Smash: Arms Jab
Porky's bed mech jabs both of it's arms upwards. Does 7% damage with fair knockback.

Aerial Down Smash: Bed Mech Bomber
Porky's bed mech will come crashing down headfirst, also with it's arms out in front of it, charged with red electricity. Does 16% damage with great knockback, an electricity effect, and some lag.

FINAL SMASH

Final Smash: Pigmask Parade
Porky calls upon his Pigmask Army. Ten Pigmasks, three Pork Tanks, the Pig King Statue, and the Pigmask Colonel parade across the stage. Each character has different amounts of damage when opponents touch them. The Pigmasks do 8% damage with fair knockback. The Pork Tanks do 15% damage with great knockback. The Pig King Statue does 22% damage with fantastic knockback. The Pigmask Colonel instead goes after the opponent with the highest percentage and attacks them with punches and body slams. A punch does 7% damage with fair knockback, while a body slam does 15% damage with great knockback. After fifteen seconds, the Pigmasks salute to Porky, and then the army jumps off the stage.

TAUNTS/VICTORY POSES

Side Taunt: Spankety Spankety Spankety!
Porky himself will raise his arms up weakily, and shout "SPANKETY, SPANKETY, SPANKETY!"

Up Taunt: All Hail King Porky!
Porky will put his hands on his hips and say "Now you will be crushed by my GLORY!"

Down Taunt: Maniacal Laughter
Porky will raise his hands in fists and starts laughing maniacally, but then ends up coughing afterwards.

Victory Pose 1: Spankety Spankety Spankety
Porky will slap his butt three times and say "Spankety, spankety, SPANKETY!"

Victory Pose 2: Pigmask Army Salute
Porky is saluted by three Pigmasks who then start marching along with a Pork Tank.

Victory Pose 3: Bed Mech Crash
Porky's bed mech shuts down, making Porky angry. Porky then shouts out in annoyance and slams the side of the bed mech with his fist.

OTHER MOVES

Grab: Arm Grab
Porky's bed mech swipes the air in front of it. If any opponents are caught, you can press Z to hit them with it's other arm. Does 3 damage per hit.

Side Throw: Legs Kick
Porky's bed mech uses it's legs to kick the opponent to the left/right. Has good knockback.

Up Throw: Arm Toss
Porky's bed mech will toss the opponent above him. Has great knockback.

Down Throw: Electricity Strike
Porky's bed mech makes electricity run down it's arms, then stabs the opponent. Does 11% damage with great knockback

Chain Grab: Extendable Arm Grab
Porky's bed mech extends it's arm out far and grabs any opponent(s) that are caught.

Who cares if there are more important characters to be added? I know that. It's just that Porky is my favorite character of all time out of ANYTHING, so I think I can show him some support.

Oh, and let's keep the topic here on Lucas. :p

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
It should only be enough to get an Ftilt or something in sometime though...otherwise it would be OP...
That's why I said "for a brief moment". And besides, doesn't Ness need something a little OP? Haha.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt it. Sakurai considered placing him in Melee in favor of Ness, and he did end up in Brawl. So if they put so much thought into getting him in the series than I think Lucas is one of the characters who have a fairly high chance of returning.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Here's to hoping he gets released soon, with minor changes to his B moveset, and a brand new final smash :)

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Here's to Lucas! Hoping he still makes it, I've repped him for all of Brawl and don't feel like stoppin!

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
As much as I love Lucas, he needs a serious moveset change (ala, his Project M incarnation) or, honestly, I'd rather just replace him to have a female rep from MOTHER such as Paula or (my favorite, also retaining origin of MOTHER3) Kumatora.

ZmashMazter

Smash Rookie
With all of he new releases, and the same or even less character space, I feel like Lucas (although I loved using him in brawl, probably even my favorite) will be one to get cut. I would like to see him back, but I'm not raising my hopes.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I have to say im really worried for him aswell. Luckily the last we heard there had been NO cuts and he wasn't planning on cutting anyone either which means as of now, he in the game! =) ofcourse theres still possible time constraints and such. I believe Sakurai stated that he hates having to make cuts, because he knows each character has their fans, so rejoice and let us Mother fans band together!

Psionic Storm

Smash Rookie
NNID
JFuentes1999
3DS FC
1032-1687-6821
I they're going to de-clone Lucas in SSB4, I think he'll have this moveset:

B: PK Flash
I think they should've given Lucas PK Flash and let this be the only move Ness and Lucas both have. Since this is the only offensive Psi other than PK Love/Rockin they actually learn, it makes sense that they both have this as their Neutral B. The only difference between their PK Flashes is Ness' is stronger but slower yet Lucas' is weaker but faster.

Up B: PK Thunder
I think Lucas should keep PK Thunder and Ness should have his recovery be PK Teleport since Ness does learn PK Teleport but Lucas doesn't. This PK Thunder would work just like in SSBB.

Side B: Counter
This is an Assist Psi Lucas learns in Mother 3. How this would work is a barrier would surround Lucas on both sides. If any physical attack hits him, the opponent who damaged him would receive 50% of the damage given.

Down B: Offense Up
This would work just like how it worked in Project M. Lucas will start to charge his hands and when fully charged, his hands would have an aura surrounding it. He could either press Down B again to release the aura for a mini explosion that surrounds him for 10-15% or he could do a powered up smash attack. If any of these hit, Lucas keeps his power but if he misses he'll have to re-charge.

Final Smash: PK Love
This is the character specific psi that only Ness and Lucas learn in their respective games. It starts with Lucas charging massive amounts of psi then releasing it in a flurry of pink hexagons, like this:

Credit goes to KurkoBoltsi for the picture.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I they're going to de-clone Lucas in SSB4, I think he'll have this moveset:

B: PK Flash
I think they should've given Lucas PK Flash and let this be the only move Ness and Lucas both have. Since this is the only offensive Psi other than PK Love/Rockin they actually learn, it makes sense that they both have this as their Neutral B. The only difference between their PK Flashes is Ness' is stronger but slower yet Lucas' is weaker but faster.

Up B: PK Thunder
I think Lucas should keep PK Thunder and Ness should have his recovery be PK Teleport since Ness does learn PK Teleport but Lucas doesn't. This PK Thunder would work just like in SSBB.

Side B: Counter
This is an Assist Psi Lucas learns in Mother 3. How this would work is a barrier would surround Lucas on both sides. If any physical attack hits him, the opponent who damaged him would receive 50% of the damage given.

Down B: Offense Up
This would work just like how it worked in Project M. Lucas will start to charge his hands and when fully charged, his hands would have an aura surrounding it. He could either press Down B again to release the aura for a mini explosion that surrounds him for 10-15% or he could do a powered up smash attack. If any of these hit, Lucas keeps his power but if he misses he'll have to re-charge.

Final Smash: PK Love
This is the character specific psi that only Ness and Lucas learn in their respective games. It starts with Lucas charging massive amounts of psi then releasing it in a flurry of pink hexagons, like this:

Credit goes to KurkoBoltsi for the picture.
If it's meant to be a declonization, why not leave Lucas with PK Freeze. Yes, Iknow flash is a move they both learned and the game, Lucas even with an event at the thunder tower. Yet, since it's already implemented. Why not, just keep it as PK freeze.

Psionic Storm

Smash Rookie
NNID
JFuentes1999
3DS FC
1032-1687-6821
If it's meant to be a declonization, why not leave Lucas with PK Freeze. Yes, Iknow flash is a move they both learned and the game, Lucas even with an event at the thunder tower. Yet, since it's already implemented. Why not, just keep it as PK freeze.
Now that I think about it, it would make more sense; even though he never learned it, it would make him unique from ness.

dashdude

Smash Rookie
Honestly, as much as I love Mother, I fear Lucas will be cut, just due to that his game is no longer new, like what they did to Roy. I would LOVE to see him in Smash4 though, especially if they de-cloned him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Honestly, as much as I love Mother, I fear Lucas will be cut, just due to that his game is no longer new, like what they did to Roy. I would LOVE to see him in Smash4 though, especially if they de-cloned him.
That's not why Roy was cut, he was cut due to time constraints. You shouldn't fear for Lucas though as the two most generally stated cuts around here Toon Link and Lucario were confirmed.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I think Lucas will return. It'd be weird for a series that had 2 reps get cut back to just 1.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I used to be worried about the return of Lucas, but with characters like Toon Link and Lucario returning. It's looking likely that most of the Brawl cast will be back.

SuperSmashBrother

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3523-2286-3241
Lucas needs to return I mean if Toon Link is already confirmed and his moves are still similar to that of Links (not saying clone because some people get offended) why not put Lucas in the game when his moves are different to that of Ness than to Toon Links moves to that of Link?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'm really hoping they bring back Lucas. I know that Hollander Cooper and Henry Gilbert said that they didn't think he'll be back, but they've been WRONG 3 times, and it just sounds reasonable that they'll be WRONG again sooner or later. The next time they're WRONG, I really hope it's Lucas.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm really hoping they bring back Lucas. I know that Hollander Cooper and Henry Gilbert said that they didn't think he'll be back, but they've been WRONG 3 times, and it just sounds reasonable that they'll be WRONG again sooner or later. The next time they're WRONG, I really hope it's Lucas.
Just assume they're wrong on most things.

They honestly have no idea what they are talking about.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, (fellow) Lucas fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. While Ness is a lock, Lucas is suffering badly and could use some help. Got the time to vote him up for me?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Honestly I think he's gonna be low priority since he wasn't very popular when Brawl came out (compared to the rest of the cast) and he's a semi-clone.

I do want him back though.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
As I said in another thread, there is one thing Lucas has going for him. He represents the only handheld Mother (not counting 1+2). The 3DS version is going all out representing handheld games, which Mother 3 will probably be a part of.

Ness and his game have the Wii U version, Lucas has the 3DS version. It seems just right having the two Mother heroes getting their own representation in the different versions of Smash.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
^ Hope you're right.

I'm still most nervous about Lucas. I used him second most in Brawl, just loved his fighting style, but so many people think he will be cut and is low priority. :/

Top Bottom