• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always thought Up Smash was supposed to be PK Love.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's a big, powerful blast of PSI energy. The shape of the attack resembles PK Love I feel. And so do most of his PSI-based attacks I feel.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, I'm fairly certain his PSI normal attacks are supposed to be PK Love, the shape and colors are very much alike the animation in Mother 3.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking, am hoping they'll do the same for Ness and a couple of his attacks.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I think the same, I believe the reason Lucas doesn't say "PK Love" during any of those similar attacks, might be because it's meant to be your favorite thing, and it's name can be anything. The default, is just Love, which happens to fit the story quite nicely.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
The roster is filling up, guys... The last few veterans have yet to be revealed, and I'm a bit worried about Lucas. We have yet to see anything EarthBound in SSB4.

Will he make it in?

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
There are still roughly 20 veterans that need to have their fates determined. Just because neither Lucas or Ness have been revealed doesn't mean anything. It's well known that Sakurai really likes the Earthbound series, what with having the hidden Mr. Saturn sprite, apparent Osohe Castle reflection textures, and even having TWO Earthbound representatives when the series doesn't necessarily require two. (I do hope for more though :laugh:).

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The roster is filling up, guys... The last few veterans have yet to be revealed, and I'm a bit worried about Lucas. We have yet to see anything EarthBound in SSB4.

Will he make it in?
Well if it's EB you're worried about:

These at least confirm some Eb representation.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
Well Lucas still has a good chance. Ness is probably the priority though so i'd say 75% chance for Lucas to come back alongside Ness.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki

Will he make it in?
Let me just say that I don't think any franchise that has two or more reps now would be cut down to just one. They did not do that from melee to brawl to anyone, so I don't think they will do it now. So that means one of two things to me, Lucus is in, or he will be cut, but replaced with a new Earthbound rep. I hope he is in though of course.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Custom moves are making me worried for Lucas' fate. His specials could easily be Ness' custom moves.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Custom moves are making me worried for Lucas' fate. His specials could easily be Ness' custom moves.
I'm staying optimistic and hoping Sakurai remembers the backlash with the removal of Roy even with him being a clone. So, hopefully, Lucas will return....

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm staying optimistic and hoping Sakurai remembers the backlash with the removal of Roy even with him being a clone. So, hopefully, Lucas will return....
Lucas' play style is VERY different from Ness as his smashes define him. Even if they made Lucas a Ness costume with costume voice, taunts, etc, and had custom moves that could replicate his specials, it would not be Lucas. It gives me hope that they might revamp his and Ness' specials a bit if they both make it back.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
He'll be back. I can't see Sakurai getting rid of him or Ness. Especially since they play differently.
Sure that might not mean much to some considering cuts in the past. But I think the fact that Namco is helping with the game is going to mean less cuts if any. Since they have experience in keeping roster sizes high and balanced.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lucas' play style is VERY different from Ness as his smashes define him. Even if they made Lucas a Ness costume with costume voice, taunts, etc, and had custom moves that could replicate his specials, it would not be Lucas. It gives me hope that they might revamp his and Ness' specials a bit if they both make it back.
Yeah, I know, I main Lucas, I was just giving a example of what happened to Roy even though Lucas is much much less of clone to Ness, unlike Roy to Marth

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Lucas is one of my mains for Brawl but he has 50/50, 60/40 chance(in his favor). Ness is safe since he is one of the Original 12 vets

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Link and Toon Link.

Anywhozits, Lucas might return, though I might see him as being an unlockable character, with Ness being the starter.
The difference between Link and Toon Link and the Mother Boys is that T. Link and Link are very different size and weight wise, while Ness and Lucas are almost identical when it comes to physical properties.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It shouldn't really matter, cause custom moves aren't really gonna be used too much.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
It shouldn't really matter, cause custom moves aren't really gonna be used too much.
Neither was stage builder, but Sakurai probably thought it would. It all matters on how Sakurai views custom moves, not how we view them.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
In a different thread, I mentioned how i don't believe Lucas will be cut. I find it to be implausible really. With all the Mother 3 content Sakurai added in Brawl it would be odd. And most people say Ike will get cut because he's no longer the most recent Lord and isn't important anymore- the opposite is true for Lucas. He's still the most recent (and presumably last) protagonist of the most recent (and again presumably last) game in his series.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how Custom Moves makes Lucas less likely, that is just going to be used for Special Attacks is it not? Lucas' standard attacks are vastly different than Ness'. And like egaddmario says, Lucas is the most recent Mother protagonist, and for that reason alone he shouldn't fade into obscurity. You could say since his game never officialy came outside Japan most people wouldn't miss him, but i don't think so. Mother has a cult following in the west, and Japan-only characters have brought them to the west before. :marthmelee::roymelee:

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I could easily see Lucas not be in. I could also easily see him in. We don't really have much evidence either way. I really hope he's in because Lucas > Ness.

Frontiers

Smash Cadet
Customizing Lucas' moves would be awsome. Maybe for one move you could have an attack up or a defense up. Because of how Lucas played in mother 3 his move set would be open to so many customizable things

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So the Ultimate Chimera was mentioned in today's picture. Lucas reveal when?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Welp Lucas is getting cut.

He's isn't even important to Nintendo or mother series haven't really done much. It's popularity isn't even that big in japan like most say.

I'm okay wih with mother having just ness to rep it.

With Lucas cut other series not yet reped like Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Dun, Chibi robo, etc all have a chance to shine. :) it's obvious cute will happen and Lucas should be one of the first to go.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord

He's isn't even important to Nintendo or mother series haven't really done much. It's popularity isn't even that big in japan like most say.

With Lucas cut other series not yet reped like Xenoblade, Rhythm Heaven, Golden Dun, Chibi robo, etc all have a chance to shine. :) it's obvious cute will happen and Lucas should be one of the first to go.
Question:

Have you ever played Mother 3?

Only those who haven't would think Lucas is deserving of getting cut.

Also Lucas won't be getting cut. Mother 3 had a ton of representation in Brawl, and he was the only character in the Subspace Emissary to actually recieve character development instead of being static like everyone else.

Sakurai clearly took a shine to him. He's not going anywhere.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

What did you say?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Lucas is just a clone of Ness. Same moves, with slightly different effects. If Lucas is going to stay in, he's going to need a serious moveset change.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Lucas is just a clone of Ness. Same moves, with slightly different effects. If Lucas is going to stay in, he's going to need a serious moveset change.
While I wouldn't mind Lucas being decloned completely, he doesn't need a serious moveset change.

-jab
-ftilt
-utilt
-dtilt to an extent
-dsmash
-usmash
-grabs and throws
-nair
-fair
-dair
-bair

Those are all the moves different from Ness.

At this point, taking out Lucas would be like taking out Luigi.

Edit: Greninja'd on that last remark by Xzsmmc

Last edited:
Top Bottom