• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy So it would be like: Mewtwo with Rayman, Lucas with Waddle Dee, Wolf with Exitebiker?

@ Shaymikyu Shaymikyu I'm willing to bet that Mother 3 would be more universally praised if it was released in overseas. It's one of the most requested games for translation.

I wonder what changes would be made to Lucas.
Lucas should be with Isaac and wolf should be with krystal or dixie or impa

Also later down the line we could have Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids for the new 3DS and Wii U only

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I was more referring to it's Japanese reception (which wasn't awful but more mixed, if I recall), but here it's pretty praised among those who've played it.

And trust me, even though it's HIGHLY unlikely at this point, I'd explode with joy if Mother 3 got localized.

Shaymikyu

I've heard of it, and it looks interesting, but I'm not holding my breath right now. Last time I checked it sounded like deadlines for even info being released were being delayed.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

So I got bored and made this and found that another row could easily fit to the right of the CSS without the characters looking squished. What do you guys think?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So I got bored and made this and found that another row could easily fit to the right of the CSS without the characters looking squished. What do you guys think?
Dixie and Impa... But no Snake... C'mon dude.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think we both know that, that won't happen. I just can't see it
Why's that? Because Rayman is in? That just means that 3rd parties are now fair game for DLC, nothing more, nothing less.

And breh as much as I love Impa...

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why's that? Because Rayman is in? That just means that 3rd parties are now fair game for DLC, nothing more, nothing less.

And breh as much as I love Impa...
No, it's just that I can't see him happening. He's less relevant to nintendo than back in brawl (Which is saying a lot) and he doesn't match the artstyle

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Some characters kept their realistic looks. Just look at Link and Marth. Sure you would have to tone down the graphics a little bit, but it can still be relatively close to realistic looking.
Wonder why Konami didn't want Snake in this time around. They practically begged for his inclusion in Melee.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
No, it's just that I can't see him happening. He's less relevant to nintendo than back in brawl (Which is saying a lot) and he doesn't match the artstyle
Actually, he's more relevant, with The Twin Snakes coming out in 2003 and Brawl in 08, and Snake Eater 3D came out in 2012. Please do research. But it's all personal opinion anyway the first post I made was jokingly, and then you kind of went offensive so I was like "ah, what the hell let's have some fun".:colorful:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
you know i havnt even been on the boards since smash wiiu was released but i had to come back to see this thread<3 i too am missing Lucas a lot......i PRAY that we get him back at some point....sigh

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Actually, he's more relevant, with The Twin Snakes coming out in 2003 and Brawl in 08, and Snake Eater 3D came out in 2012. Please do research. But it's all personal opinion anyway the first post I made was jokingly, and then you kind of went offensive so I was like "ah, what the hell let's have some fun".:colorful:
Did anybody care about snake eater? I mean wasn't the twin snakes published by nintendo and was a full remake

Also sorry if I came of as offensive, It wasn't intentional

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Did anybody care about snake eater? I mean wasn't the twin snakes published by nintendo and was a full remake

Also sorry if I came of as offensive, It wasn't intentional
Yeah, they did, but Konami screwed themselves when they announced the Metal Gear Collection for 360, PS3, and Vita, which kind of killed hype for the game.

And don't worry about it it's all in good fun.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
The thing is, If he makes it in. He can't have his brawl specials because of ness has them as customs. What could he have as new specials?
Luigi has mario's fireball and mario has luigi's as custom moves, it doesn't really matter. Plus they can't even be used online or in tournaments right now.

Regardless I'd enjoy if Lucas got new specials anyway, pk ground could be a new neutral B, after charging up he'd release a stream of rocks from both sides. The more charge the move has the bigger the rocks and the further they go out. If they could also pull a project m with the side B I'd like that. Down B is fine as it is and up B should be changed but I have no idea what to.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I've heard is that Japanese fans want Lucas to return.

The EarthBound/Mother series is bigger there, so maybe Sakurai could cater to the Japanese fanbase and release Lucas as DLC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So, it has come to my attention that Lucas is the most demanded DLC character in Japan. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Number one most requested DLC character in Japan confirmed!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Whoop Whoop :D Japan do care about him.
Lucas & Wolf for First DLC :)
All I hear from both Roy and Lucas detractors is how their games weren't even well received in Japan. Well guess what? Number 1 and number 5 most wanted IN JAPAN.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
Extremely pleased to see Lucas as Japan's most wanted character. Hopefully Sakurai listens and adds him as DLC later down the line.

Shaymikyu

Number one most requested DLC character in Japan confirmed!

That's a good sign. That means there's some demand for him close to where it counts.
All I hear from both Roy and Lucas detractors is how their games weren't even well received in Japan. Well guess what? Number 1 and number 5 most wanted IN JAPAN.
It's not like SSB is made in Japan or anything...:estatic:

Anyway, if we do get DLC beyond Mewtwo, then I think Lucas is a very safe bet. His moves already being in actually might help him since it'd be easier to add him then, as mentioned before. And now we see that people do want him back.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The poll PushDustin posted probably won't have a huge effect.
Sakurai has probably planned every DLC addition by now, Lucas will likely be one of them.
Uh, haha, seeing as how Sakurai stated that Mewtwo was "testing the waters" and is yet to be released, I doubt all DLC has already been decided on.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I dunno man the hype that Mewtwo had gotten in terms of just being revealed is something to base DLC on.
It's not the hype that matters it's the reception, and sales, hype doesn't guarantee much.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Imagine if a DLC Pack Had this...
Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Roy
Ice Climbers
Snake
Stages:
Pokemon Stadium
Arena Ferox (Wii U)/Castle Siege (3DS)
Corneria(Wii U)/ Lylant Cruise (3DS)
Magnicant (Wii U)/Onett (3DS)
Shadow Moses Island
Summit

What would you guys see as an appropriate value? Value if you have Mewtwo? Do you think existing stages make sense for DLC for cross version stuff?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Imagine if a DLC Pack Had this...
Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
Roy
Ice Climbers
Snake
Stages:
Pokemon Stadium
Arena Ferox (Wii U)/Castle Siege (3DS)
Corneria(Wii U)/ Lylant Cruise (3DS)
Magnicant (Wii U)/Onett (3DS)
Shadow Moses Island
Summit

What would you guys see as an appropriate value? Value if you have Mewtwo? Do you think existing stages make sense for DLC for cross version stuff?
6 characters
6 stages
$5.99 seem fair?
$4.99 if you already have Mewtwo.

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Just to point this out, if Lucas does make it, his special moves don't necessarily have to be the PSI moves he learns in the game. I mean he doesn't learn PK Star Storm in Mother 3 but he has it in Brawl. I think it would be cool if he had PK Ground or something. Also, I would like to put on that list since I think the Mother franchise deserves another rep and Lucas is just awesome.

Last edited:

Cryz

Smash Cadet
Hoping that lucas will come back too :( but i don't think (if they make a dlc), that it will contain so much characters... Look at how much time mewtwo is taking...making one character is a lot of work...

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Hoping that lucas will come back too :( but i don't think (if they make a dlc), that it will contain so much characters... Look at how much time mewtwo is taking...making one character is a lot of work...
"Elements from Melee cannot be used anymore, they're to old."
Sakurai said that, Brawl is a different story, entire characters can be easily ported from Brawl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom