• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Flash and PK Freeze Compare and Contrast

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I'm asking the people of the forums for their opinions...
As you may already know PK Flash (PKFl) was a very slow move that created a large explosion.
And as you may also know that PK Freeze (PKFr) is Lucas' neutral B. The first difference is obvious, that PKFl freezes your opponents.

So this is what I ask.. Do you think PKFr will be as slow as PKFl or will it be faster?
Do you think that PKFr will be an large explosion (the size of Ness' PKFl) that causes your foes to freeze?
Will it just freeze your foes or will they rise into the air like Freezies and Mr. G + W's #8?

Please tell me on what you think...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Judging from the trailer, PK Freeze moves faster.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...when was it shown? >_>
I believe in the third trailer. Look at the PK Freeze pics and see the scene with the mystery move. They are pretty similar in animation, IMO.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I believe in the third trailer. Look at the PK Freeze pics and see the scene with the mystery move. They are pretty similar in animation, IMO.

PK Freeze

mystery move, most probably a taunt

mmm...they dont look anything alike to me, not the animation, nor lucas position

Noshiee

Smash Ace
That move was probally a U-Smash.

Anyways, it probally has more possibilities since its actually moveable.
his Up-Smash is an mid-air kick....kicking up...on mid air...:p
it was shownon the dojo along with Lucas's down smash, bair and 4 specials.
The only thing left is a Taunt, maybe it does some damage like Luigi's taunt :/?

dan smith

Smash Champion
I bet that secret move is his FS...it's pretty intense for a taunt...and not very taunting. Hmm...or maybe it's something weird?

USmash is def the kick.

I hope PK Freeze still does massive damage. Am I the only one who liked Flash in Melee? It would have been better with a little bit more speed...but it would suck as a fast weak move. It's gotta have that kick.

It might still be cool though, I mean...yeah...if you can freeze opponents off stage...that would be a pretty nifty kill move.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
I'm also curious about Lucas' Aerial Back A, Sakurai said it's a Meteor Smash but it looks sort of like Ness' Aerial Back A (putting aside all the hexagons)

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I think it's going to still be slow... I hope it's improved somehow.. but for it to freeze and what looks to be good knockback.. it must be slow.

And.. I hope f-air is still like it was! :O!

thevinnymac

Smash Rookie
That move in the trailer is most likely his Up Smash. The flip kick mentioned the site was said to be a TILT UP, not an UP SMASH.

The move is just a PK Barrage, like his down smash, but in a different direction.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I bet that secret move is his FS...it's pretty intense for a taunt...and not very taunting. Hmm...or maybe it's something weird?

USmash is def the kick.

I hope PK Freeze still does massive damage. Am I the only one who liked Flash in Melee? It would have been better with a little bit more speed...but it would suck as a fast weak move. It's gotta have that kick.

It might still be cool though, I mean...yeah...if you can freeze opponents off stage...that would be a pretty nifty kill move.
That's sort of the feeling I got from it, that it will be faster than Flash but still charges and a nice hit will cause a deep freeze, making it more tactical and timing based. It really does need speed though cause the other move was pretty useless unless your opponents were preoccupied long enough to get a full hit.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
So long, Paula...I was hoping that Paula, Poo, or even Jeff might be in, but since Lucas is here, and Ness's position is yet to be determined, I don't know. I was thinking that if Paula was a clone back in Melee that her Neutral B would've been PK Freeze instead of flash...I was almost right...they gave it to Lucas.

Btw, that kick is the Up Tilt.

Drake3

Smash Ace
PK Freeze will probably have the same pattern as Flash, but hopefully it'll be faster. And that thing in the pic is probably USmash.

ShadowGeta

Smash Rookie
So long, Paula...I was hoping that Paula, Poo, or even Jeff might be in, but since Lucas is here, and Ness's position is yet to be determined, I don't know. I was thinking that if Paula was a clone back in Melee that her Neutral B would've been PK Freeze instead of flash...I was almost right...they gave it to Lucas.

Btw, that kick is the Up Tilt.
If its his Up Tilt, why did Sakurai say it is his STRONG up attack?

Heres hoping that PK Freeze wont be useless, maybe make it so it doesn't travel in a set arc (you can change the height along with the direction, at least a little) and you can actually make it go below you if your in the air or on a platform. So far he looks like a pretty cool character, hopefully better than Ness in Melee.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
That thing in the pick is just PK Freeze, first he puts both of his hands up and after creating the Freeze he stretches his arms out and controls it???? just a guess

dan smith

Smash Champion
Hmm, that's a valid point. The mystery move could be a little wind up for PK Freeze. It's short and fast enough that it's possible. They certainly have the same upwards momentum and the hex in the mystery shot could become the snowflake hex.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how the "freezing" works. Would it actually imobilize the enemy?

dan smith

Smash Champion
The length of the freeze is important. I want to see it freeze enemies solid, mid air, and last long enough to let them fall a good distance before they break free.

The Bair is referred to as a meteor, but is it possible that it meteors sideways? It looks that way at least. The fact that both pictures that we have of the move are the identical frame makes me think that it's probably more of a back kick then a spin kick that finishes on a down stroke.

Could it not just be Ness' bair...but with...a slight angle to it?

tddavis

Smash Cadet
It may be brawl but it is obvious as it uses the same art and animation as Melee. Freeze mechanic will work the same way in Brawl. Just because they want to not make it an upgrade does not mean they are going to change basic game mechanics like freezing. It will be an immobilize, the only thing we don't know is for how long.

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Not entirely true they also make new ones for an example like the taunts in todays update and yes I agree about the basic mechanics though... but dont you at least think ur foes will take some damage?

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Getting hit with PK Freeze will be similar to being hit with a Freezie item, albeit with less freeze time. But it still opens up the chance for free hits.

Kazydai

Smash Apprentice
If its his Up Tilt, why did Sakurai say it is his STRONG up attack?

Heres hoping that PK Freeze wont be useless, maybe make it so it doesn't travel in a set arc (you can change the height along with the direction, at least a little) and you can actually make it go below you if your in the air or on a platform. So far he looks like a pretty cool character, hopefully better than Ness in Melee.
It goes like this:

Regular(press A)
Strong(Tilt)
Smash(Smash the stick!)

dan smith

Smash Champion
I would use PKFlash in 1v1 matches in melee and hit with it. It's not hard. When your enemy is at a certain distance from you, you can drop a PK Flash on yourself (don't move it to either side) and they will often race in to try and abuse your lag. If you know the spacing you can get them to run right into it.

Zek

Smash Ace
I assume it will be buffed in some way because what happens when you hit was obviously not the problem with PK Flash. Really they just need to increase the speed of the projectile and/or decrease the lag. Also, make it explode no matter what, even if it hits a surface or Lucas is attacked.

Top Bottom