• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
I think Dark Pit would make a great sniper class, doing more damage when further away and using his recovery to regain distance. Though of course it would make sense if he has melee weapons to push back close fighters like Pit. Like a "stay away from me" character.
Maybe he could use the Pandora claws to create a damage barrier like in the game.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Final Smash suggestions anyone?

Lightning Chariot (awesome me liek)

Pandora comes up and screws everyone over

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
So I hope he's different than pit and has amazing potential. I totally think he could be one of my favorite, scares me how the clones were separated in the leak. I know they will probably end up in their series sections eventually, still why seperate them while unlocking the roster. How likely does everyone think we will get a decently different moveset?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Considering how much Uprising content there is already in Smash 4, it'd be a real waste to have Dark Pit have the same moves as Pit when there are so many different weapon types to use for him.
I suppose the Ore Club already has that type covered but there's still the staffs, cannons, blades, claws, and palms they could pull from.
Plus if he were a clone they'd have shown him off already in Palutena's trailer. Sure he can all as well not have a trailer but it'd be a waste to have a trailer purely on a clone.

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Would the Bayonetta-themed Nintendo Direct be an apt time to reveal Dark Pit for Smash?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Considering how much Uprising content there is already in Smash 4, it'd be a real waste to have Dark Pit have the same moves as Pit when there are so many different weapon types to use for him.
I suppose the Ore Club already has that type covered but there's still the staffs, cannons, blades, claws, and palms they could pull from.
Plus if he were a clone they'd have shown him off already in Palutena's trailer. Sure he can all as well not have a trailer but it'd be a waste to have a trailer purely on a clone.
Though I have to agree with some of this, and though I would very much like Dark Pit to use a different default weapon like his Dark Pit Staff, something in mine gut tells me Dark Pit is going to be a clone (because I believe the leaked roster).

As for a trailer, I could see Dark Pit sharing a trailer with another newcomer (like how Lucina and Robin shared trailers), albeit not a newcomer from the same franchise. (Dark Pit-vs-Isaac anyone? :awesome:)

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Though I have to agree with some of this, and though I would very much like Dark Pit to use a different default weapon like his Dark Pit Staff, something in mine gut tells me Dark Pit is going to be a clone (because I believe the leaked roster).

As for a trailer, I could see Dark Pit sharing a trailer with another newcomer (like how Lucina and Robin shared trailers), albeit not a newcomer from the same franchise. (Dark Pit-vs-Isaac anyone? :awesome:)
picture this: dark pit is fighting with ganondorf, they block most of each other's blows, then the king of evil start a dead man's volley. They hit it back and forth until it is suddenly intercepted! Hades: Gets the party started.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

Eh that's why he should've been with Palutena to have them both from the same franchise. They did the same with Charizard and Greninja too. It's too late to break the pattern now. The only reason he should get a trailer now is if he's not a clone.
Hmm I like your idea of Dark Pit vs Isaac though.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I could picture Dark Pit fighting Ganondorf in Dead Man's Volley, but Hades as a character? Kid Icarus has enough as it is, and Dark Pit's kinda pushing it enough as is, so.......yeah, if Hades gets in, blood would be shed and we'd never get our Smash 4. Sorry to say it.

For the record, most trailers feature the star fighting someone else, so I'm pretty sure we'd see Dark Pit going up against Marth or something.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Eh that's why he should've been with Palutena to have them both from the same franchise. They did the same with Charizard and Greninja too. It's too late to break the pattern now. The only reason he should get a trailer now is if he's not a clone.
or maybe at the time Paluetena's Trailer was finished, he was still just but an alt costumes with different VO, and they didn't feel like they should redo the trailer just for that.

or he's simply just a secret character.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
I completely agree with you if he's a clone his video was the pathogens tease although if he does have a original movement I would want a trailer

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Golden, if you read this, I think I owe you an apology.

You see, I just had an idea for Dark Pits moveset. He could be what Pit originally was in Brawl, and have a Final Smash called "Medusa's Army." The main reason I used to be against Dark Pit originally is that he'd be a clone.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Golden, if you read this, I think I owe you an apology.

You see, I just had an idea for Dark Pits moveset. He could be what Pit originally was in Brawl, and have a Final Smash called "Medusa's Army." The main reason I used to be against Dark Pit originally is that he'd be a clone.
The final smash doesn't make sense though because he's actually AGAINST the Underworld Army.

I noticed a lot of people confuse him for being an edgy dark character when in reality he's the straight man of the cast that constantly gets made fun of by every character for being a trope. (Which, in turn, annoys him)

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
The final smash doesn't make sense though because he's actually AGAINST the Underworld Army.

I noticed a lot of people confuse him for being an edgy dark character when in reality he's the straight man of the cast that constantly gets made fun of by every character for being a trope. (Which, in turn, annoys him)
I actually like that about his character. The opposite of Pit's personality isn't wickedness or loyalty to a different faction: it's a total and utter lack of loyalty to anyone or anything other himself and his desires. Pit's so characterised by his undying allegiance and respect for Palutena and her mission that his polar opposite is a cold, aloof deadpan snarker who does what he wants, when he wants.

I do like the idea of him being a representation of Brawl Pit, sort of like how Doc may perhaps be a throwback to Melee Mario. It would be a nice way of appealing to both fans of Pit's previous fighting style and newer fans that appreciate his more Uprising inspired skills.

Maikou

Smash Ace
But we still need a good Final Smash. If anything, that's the only HARD part about coming up with a moveset for Dark Pit; Pretty much the only good option that comes to mind immediatly is already an item. I'm also unsure of the whole "flying section Special Move" idea as well because of multiple things. (NONE OF WHICH have ANYTHING to do with the 3DS VERSION, MIND YOU)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I actually like that about his character. The opposite of Pit's personality isn't wickedness or loyalty to a different faction: it's a total and utter lack of loyalty to anyone or anything other himself and his desires. Pit's so characterised by his undying allegiance and respect for Palutena and her mission that his polar opposite is a cold, aloof deadpan snarker who does what he wants, when he wants.
Definitely. As I said as well, he fills the "straight man" role in the game. In a cast filled with idiots and wise guys that try to pull a joke every chance, Dark Pit is the only one that is serious. He's often the comedic foil that is the victim of the constant jokes (normally ones that make fun of him being a trope; see Hades calling him the goth hero), which he always reacts against.

It's also probably why some find him boring even after knowing the character, because he's the only one that isn't entirely silly every time. He's often snarky and sarcastic, but rarely ever playful or silly. He's actually the one character that stands out lol.

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
am I the only one who will team with a friend that plays as pit for double battles and say this?

Dark Pit: It's time.

Pit: Time for what?

Dark Pit: Our pre-boss battle rallying cry!

Pit: Oh, right. OK. Ahem. Filth of the land, hear our words!

Dark Pit: And see our actions!

Pit: I am Pit, servant of the goddess of light!

Dark Pit: And I am Dark Pit, servant to no other but myself!

Both: Together we will rain death upon you!

Dark Pit: So, anyone who wants to die, step right up!

Pit: And anyone who doesn't want to die, too bad!

Both: Aw, yeah!

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
am I the only one who will team with a friend that plays as pit for double battles and say this?

Dark Pit: It's time.

Pit: Time for what?

Dark Pit: Our pre-boss battle rallying cry!

Pit: Oh, right. OK. Ahem. Filth of the land, hear our words!

Dark Pit: And see our actions!

Pit: I am Pit, servant of the goddess of light!

Dark Pit: And I am Dark Pit, servant to no other but myself!

Both: Together we will rain death upon you!

Dark Pit: So, anyone who wants to die, step right up!

Pit: And anyone who doesn't want to die, too bad!

Both: Aw, yeah!

No I want it too. xD

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Here's some suggestions I have in mind, if anybody's interested.

Rain of Death - A hailstorm of divine arrows falls onto the stage, damaging all in their path. The arrows fall randomly and cause severe, continual chip damage if they hit

Mirror of Truth - The arcane mirror appears, summoning forth a horde of Underworld foes. The infernal denizens fly across the screen as they see fit and have various effects, similarly to a horde of Smash Run enemies

Pandora's Soul - The latent power of Pandora, the Goddess of Calamity, imbues Dark Pit with great power. Whilst active, he can fly indefinitely and shoot powerful divine arrows at will

Scorched Feathers - From the heavens, Dark Pit snipes out his foes with his staff. Whilst active, Dark Pit flies to the top of the screen and shoots down arrows from above, and he can aim where he fires the arrows

Lightning Chariot - The heavenly carriage appears and sweeps across the stage. The chariot flies in random directions several times, leaving a damaging trail and knocking back anyone it rams into along the way

Divine Onslaught - A brutal and savage beatdown with all of Dark Pit's signature weapons. Does intense damage and sends foes flying upon the final knockback

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I just watched the Kid Icarus: Uprising animation and found it absolutely hilarious. It would be cool if Dark Pit's trailer had the same graphics as the Thanatos Rising arc.

I think Dark Pit's down special move should definitely be the Jetstream Orbitars. Unlike Pit's Guardian Orbitars, which reflect projectiles, the Jetstream Orbitars could blow people and objects away with the force of a hurricane. Opponents wouldn't take any damage, but depending on the circumstances, the effects of this move could be devastating.

As for his side special, I would love for Dark Pit to use the Black Club (yes, I know about the Ogre Club being used by him in the game, but I personally find the Black Club's design much more intriguing, and would match Dark Pit's colour. I've always thought it looked like a licorice ice pop :awesome:). It could be just like Pit's side special, except Dark Pit is wielding a club that does much more damage. Though, I could see him just using the Crusher Arm.

Here's some suggestions I have in mind, if anybody's interested.

Rain of Death - A hailstorm of divine arrows falls onto the stage, damaging all in their path. The arrows fall randomly and cause severe, continual chip damage if they hit

Scorched Feathers - From the heavens, Dark Pit snipes out his foes with his staff. Whilst active, Dark Pit flies to the top of the screen and shoots down arrows from above, and he can aim where he fires the arrows

Lightning Chariot - The heavenly carriage appears and sweeps across the stage. The chariot flies in random directions several times, leaving a damaging trail and knocking back anyone it rams into along the way
These three sound the most interesting.

I could definitely see them using the first one, as it is very similar to Pit's Final Smash, and would probably be the easiest to programme.

The second one would definitely make Dark Pit stand out more. I thought of something similar, except with mine idea Dark Pit flew at the front of the screen and shot at opponents (similar to Snake's Final Smash in Brawl).

I could see the third one happening, due to Dark Pit using the Lightning Chariot during cutscenes--though, I do not know how it would be all that different from Latios/Latias, Kat & Ana, or the Dragoon. Nevertheless, it would probably make an unpredictable Final Smash that is hard to dodge.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I know I'm late to saying this, but I'm really happy about his inclusion. I always wanted Dark Pit to be playable in this game whether he was a clone or not. It's good to see that he might be different from Pit; hopefully he leans more towards the Lucas/Wolf side of the clone spectrum rather than the Lucina/Doc side.

As for his Final Smash, I like the idea of him using one of the screen nuke attacks during the rail shooter segments of KI:U. I would say he could use one of the powers in the game, but Palutena's already got that covered.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Would the Bayonetta-themed Nintendo Direct be an apt time to reveal Dark Pit for Smash?
Why would a Bayonetta-themed Nintendo Direct be an apt time to reveal Dark Pit for Smash?

He isn't exactly relevant to Bayonetta. It's also not like a themed Nintendo Direct that isn't Smash Brothers ever had info for the game before.
[dont you dare post that dark pit bayonetta edit or so help me]

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why would a Bayonetta-themed Nintendo Direct be an apt time to reveal Dark Pit for Smash?

He isn't exactly relevant to Bayonetta. It's also not like a themed Nintendo Direct that isn't Smash Brothers ever had info for the game before.
[dont you dare post that dark pit bayonetta edit or so help me]
Doesn't Bayonetta fight like angels or something? Strangely it would work to reveal Dark Pit :awesome:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Doesn't Bayonetta fight like angels or something? Strangely it would work to reveal Dark Pit :awesome:
I suppose that's true but even if Smash news was revealed in a Bayonetta Direct, I'm sure it would be centered around Bayonetta. Not Dark Pit.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Unfortunately as far as DP's Final Smash goes, looking at Sakurai's track record with clones/semi-clones, all I'm expecting is for him to shout "MIND IF I BORROW THESE?" as he pulls out the Three Sacred Treasures.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Still don't know if I resent this character or not. If he's Pit with different modifiers then he'll probably be my least favorite character on the roster. If he's different, then my only issue won't be with him directly but with the dramatic overrepresentation of Kid Icarus. I think there's a good chance he'll inherit some of Brawl Pit's moveset, like his recovery and side special.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If I'm being honest, I think Fox having TWO clones is a bit more silly than Pit having one. At least Dark Pit has a cool theme.
There's never been two Fox clones in the history of Smash. In fact, there hasn't been a Fox clone since Melee. Falco is now a semi-clone. And Wolf is neither a clone nor a semi-clone, considering he only has a couple of similar moves out of his entire arsenal.

Regardless of one's opinion on Dark Pit, using that as a comparison doesn't really work.

So anyways... How is life in the Dark ArmPit support thread now that he is confirmed to be playable?:troll:

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
Still don't know if I resent this character or not. If he's Pit with different modifiers then he'll probably be my least favorite character on the roster. If he's different, then my only issue won't be with him directly but with the dramatic overrepresentation of Kid Icarus. I think there's a good chance he'll inherit some of Brawl Pit's moveset, like his recovery and side special.
so Kid Icarus is getting too much representation with a whopping THREE characters and some mechanics that happen to work very well in smash, when Mario has ten whole characters!? Is there something I'm not getting here?

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
I received KI:U as a gift a while back and have beat it twice. Pittoo was my favorite character is it already too late to support if it isn't mark me up

Speculator

Smash Ace
so Kid Icarus is getting too much representation with a whopping THREE characters and some mechanics that happen to work very well in smash, when Mario has ten whole characters!? Is there something I'm not getting here?
Please tell me I don't have to explain the difference in scale between Nintendo's largest and longest-running series and a series that had a two decade gap between its two canonical titles.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Please tell me I don't have to explain the difference in scale between Nintendo's largest and longest-running series and a series that had a two decade gap between its two canonical titles.
To be fair, Uprising is a pretty big game. It may not have been a commercial success, but I defy anyone to say it isn't an important milestone in the Kid Icarus series and a welcome addition to the Nintendo canon.

It's a huge game in terms of content and playability. There's a lot going on in it. You have these well and truly memorable characters, a brilliant storyline, fantastic music and a whole lot of enemies and items besides. I honestly don't see why it shouldn't have the representation it has. Dark Pit is a bit of a stretch, I grant you, but even he's reasonably popular and takes up no real space in the roster.

I don't think it's hurting anybody, in all honesty. I'm pretty okay with Kid Icarus getting more love.

Still, your points are valid, and I respect your opinions all the same. ^_^

Speculator

Smash Ace
To be fair, Uprising is a pretty big game. It may not have been a commercial success, but I defy anyone to say it isn't an important milestone in the Kid Icarus series and a welcome addition to the Nintendo canon.

It's a huge game in terms of content and playability. There's a lot going on in it. You have these well and truly memorable characters, a brilliant storyline, fantastic music and a whole lot of enemies and items besides. I honestly don't see why it shouldn't have the representation it has. Dark Pit is a bit of a stretch, I grant you, but even he's reasonably popular and takes up no real space in the roster.

I don't think it's hurting anybody, in all honesty. I'm pretty okay with Kid Icarus getting more love.

Still, your points are valid, and I respect your opinions all the same. ^_^
Uprising is excellent, I agree. But I don't think the Kid Icarus series itself is big enough to warrant three playable characters. It's very clearly a result of Sakurai's involvement in the game. A comparable series, Mother, appears to have been stripped back down to one rep whereas Kid Icarus has been tripled. That's unfair any way you look at it.

I also notice that Dark Pit is the most minor character on the SSB4 roster by a long, long way; not only does he appear in just one game in an already small series, but within that game he's limited to just a number of chapter appearances and multiplayer. Even within his own game there are characters that outdo him. It appears he's getting special attention because Sakurai directed KI:U, and that makes me very uncomfortable.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Uprising is excellent, I agree. But I don't think the Kid Icarus series itself is big enough to warrant three playable characters. It's very clearly a result of Sakurai's involvement in the game. A comparable series, Mother, appears to have been stripped back down to one rep whereas Kid Icarus has been tripled. That's unfair any way you look at it.

I also notice that Dark Pit is the most minor character on the SSB4 roster by a long, long way; not only does he appear in just one game in an already small series, but within that game he's limited to just a number of chapter appearances and multiplayer. Even within his own game there are characters that outdo him. It appears he's getting special attention because Sakurai directed KI:U, and that makes me very uncomfortable.
Oh, yeah, no two ways about that. I'd be over the moon for Mother to get more representation - Lucas is one of my mains in Brawl and Ness is one of my brother's mains, to boot.

I don't deny that Dark Pit has an incredibly small role. Honestly, he wouldn't be my first choice of clone, let alone newcomer. And yeah, it's undeniably because Sakurai loves his babies and lavishes attention on them. I'm not entirely certain I agree with the argument that he's a waste of slot, though (not saying you're suggesting that; it's just a popular argument overall) - I think that, if Sakurai wanted to keep Wolf and Lucas in the game, he would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom