• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Dark Pit looks really cool, and I'm hoping you guys are right about him using his staff. If not that's fine, he's not really taking up anyone's spot on the roster if he were to be a clone.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
I guess I'll take this moment to reflect on some of the things his detractors stated. Should be fun.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I guess I'll take this moment to reflect on some of the things his detractors stated. Should be fun.
I gotta admit, I didn't even think Palutena was going to make it in, even after the "leak." I didn't think DP had a chance as a character, but now that the biggest flaw with that leak having been disproven and separated I'm not entirely sure what to think...

I'm pretty much trying to keep my expectations low right now, but that's pretty much out the window now that we've seen DP even has a different weapon.

dedekong

Smash Cadet
I gotta admit, I didn't even think Palutena was going to make it in, even after the "leak." I didn't think DP had a chance as a character, but now that the biggest flaw with that leak having been disproven and separated I'm not entirely sure what to think...

I'm pretty much trying to keep my expectations low right now, but that's pretty much out the window now that we've seen DP even has a different weapon.
There was an article once, which I've lost over the two years of speculation, during the development of Kid Icarus: Uprising, where Sakurai stated many things in KI:U would "work" in Smash Bros. From that point on I knew that the game would be getting a ton of representation. When you think about it, Kid Icarus: Uprising has characters Sakurai spent many years pouring his creative soul into (considering her wrote the entire story). Maybe even more than Kirby. I just knew he wasn't done with them just yet.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

There was an article once, which I've lost over the two years of speculation, during the development of Kid Icarus: Uprising, where Sakurai stated many things in KI:U would "work" in Smash Bros. From that point on I knew that the game would be getting a ton of representation. When you think about it, Kid Icarus: Uprising has characters Sakurai spent many years pouring his creative soul into (considering her wrote the entire story). Maybe even more than Kirby. I just knew he wasn't done with them just yet.
I remember the article, but I also remember he wasn't specific. I was thinking of things along the lines of the Fiend's Cauldron mechanic and Powers instead of items and characters. Sakurai usually takes mechanics from one game and expands on them in another, like the checklist and City Trial in Air Ride, or even how many items worked similar to SSB counterparts and the Idols being Trophies in all but name.

D

Deleted member

My favorite character from Uprising is actually going to be in it, and more than just a Lucina-esque clone because of his staff?!?! YES! Although, I kinda was already 100% on him after I saw this picture:
Pit's sandals are black here, and they're normally brown. And it wasn't just the Nosferatu effect. Obviously this replaces his black palette from Brawl.
I've said it before, I will say it again; that's his blue palette.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Thanks to the change to the teams system in SSB4, they don't need to stick to strict R/B/G palettes anymore. And they haven't, for the most part. The new colors aren't replacing the old ones in the sense they have to be there, but that they're simply there and the older ones aren't.
Hope you guys understood that...

Anyway...

I've said it before, I will say it again; that's his blue palette.
I remember Pit's old blue palette in the demo, but I'm kinda foggy on that. He had the white, the red, the green, the gold... Hm...

D

Deleted member

I remember Pit's old blue palette in the demo, but I'm kinda foggy on that. He had the white, the red, the green, the gold... Hm...
The demo only had 4 palettes per character. Blue wasn't one of them.
However, blue is the palette in the Nosferatu pic.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
With the inclusion on Moctor Dario and Lucina plus Ganondorf still looking like a clone, I am going to go ahead and say that Dark Pit's main moveset will be clone like. Still there is hope because of the 12 B moves. Thank you based Sakurai?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
*sigh* Have to say, I'm ecstatic to have Dark Pit as a playable character. <3 So happy I never gave up for this guy...now I seriously can't wait to try him out and see if I like him more then I already love Pit. :3

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Probably busy fawning over the Palutena fanart that had spawned since her reveal. After all, she was his most wanted newcomer and Class A waifu. :troll:
Sigh, it's time for my honesty. Aside from all the Palutena and Pit goodness that I've desire, I kinda distaste Dark Pit. He's one of the characters I never wanted to happen, and part of the reason is because of the typical "dark version > standard character" stereotype I've seen sometimes, and I'm afraid Pit will lose attention and popularity again. At the same time, he's just a different colored Pit with a different attitude in my eyes. I always believed that KI having Pit and Palutena should be enough, but even I think it's stretching it if DP makes it (and I supported Phosphora BTW ;-; ).

However, I can say that he isn't the worst choice around if it makes you supporters feel better (I still despise the Miis and some other recent wants). If he isn't a clone like Lucina and actually shows some interesting unique traits, I'll give DP a chance. Just don't expect me to main him like I will for Pit and Palutena. Just 20 something days left til Japan gets the game, and we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll try to stay calm and be hopeful that he at least shows many differences from Pit.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Sigh, it's time for my honesty. Aside from all the Palutena and Pit goodness that I've desire, I kinda distaste Dark Pit. He's one of the characters I never wanted to happen, and part of the reason is because of the typical "dark version > standard character" stereotype I've seen sometimes, and I'm afraid Pit will lose attention and popularity again. At the same time, he's just a different colored Pit with a different attitude in my eyes. I always believed that KI having Pit and Palutena should be enough, but even I think it's stretching it if DP makes it (and I supported Phosphora BTW ;-; ).

However, I can say that he isn't the worst choice around if it makes you supporters feel better (I still despise the Miis and some other recent wants). If he isn't a clone like Lucina and actually shows some interesting unique traits, I'll give DP a chance. Just don't expect me to main him like I will for Pit and Palutena. Just 20 something days left til Japan gets the game, and we'll see what happens. In the meantime, I'll try to stay calm and be hopeful that he at least shows many differences from Pit.
Well...if it helps....
He's wielding the Dark Pit Staff in his portrait. <3

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well that lightens my spirits a bit. Thanks. :(
...yet you have a sad face...!?
Don't tell me you dislike the Dark Pit Staff! O.O THAT WEAPON WAS SO AWESOME IN KI:U!!!
...what's not to like? I mean....Dark Pit DOES look awesome, you can't argue with that.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
...yet you have a sad face...!?
Don't tell me you dislike the Dark Pit Staff! O.O THAT WEAPON WAS SO AWESOME IN KI:U!!!
...what's not to like? I mean....Dark Pit DOES look awesome, you can't argue with that.
Of course not. It's just this whole leak thing has been getting out of control and has been stressing me out. In fact, many leak-related things get crazy before the game's out. I just strongly prefer Pit as well, so I'm just not in the happy ballpark like I was with Palutena's reveal.
Again, I need to see his moveset and all. The staff though at least is a step forward away from being a complete clone, and he better not use Pit's 3ST. We don't need another shared FS (see Links, Zelda/Sheik, Landmasters, and PK Starstorm).

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So...him having the Dark Pit Staff makes me even more excited. I really enjoyed Pitoo, and was going to main him anyway for a different take on Pit's new moveset. But him not having Pit's moveset entirely, possibly at all? That's amazing.

So hype. 10/10 will main. Put me on the support list if there is one/I'm not on it already.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He was confirmed to have the staff?

Well, guess it is time to Go get Kid Icarus: Uprising!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He was confirmed to have the staff?

Well, guess it is time to Go get Kid Icarus: Uprising!
You haven't played Uprising? That's terrible! It quickly became one of my favorite games of all time!

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
If his a clone and I won't mind. If it's probably a Lucina scenario where he was just aded to buff the roster and didn't take anyone's spot. Just crated his own.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
That's a staff?!? I thought it looked like some kind of wacked-out sniper rifle!

Anyway, I don't wanna break out the champagne with my customary Smash 64 "Congratulations!" until he becomes official, but imma at least say in advance that i'm happy for you guys that he got confirmed, if under the table like this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If his a clone and I won't mind. If it's probably a Lucina scenario where he was just aded to buff the roster and didn't take anyone's spot. Just crated his own.
But he stole the spot from Magnus (the dude with a big sword who would totally be interesting a cast full of big swords) and Medusa (the chick who is barely in the story of Uprising at all) !

Hades fans are the only ones who have a right to be angry.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hoping he's more of a mid-range, aggressive fighter that can KO better than Pit.

Didn't expect him out of all characters, but hey, I'm cool with clones. I don't like using Pit so hopefully my little issues with him is addressed with DP.

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
Once I know how he fights, I'll know whether or not I resent him. Either way, Sakurai's supposed impartiality towards his own characters is in pieces. There are now all of a sudden more Kid Icarus characters than there are canonical Kid Icarus games. No series deserves that kind of spotlight.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
To be fair. The staffs in Uprising work like sniper rifles.
Woah...trade out Pit's usual arrow shots for a rifle that packs a punch from far away (possibly as a mechanic that more distance=more power, like Snake's Side Spec)? I think Dark Pit just got about 10x more interesting...

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i'm just hype he's in the game.Dark pit my favortie dark verison of a hero.Yes he even beat Shadow the hedeghog and that was an accomplishment all of it own.All i can hope for is that he is a semi clone and not a full one

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
i'm just hype he's in the game.Dark pit my favortie dark verison of a hero.
How can you say that when Shadow Kanji exist!

But yeah lets hope Pitoo is a semi clone. Or completely original.
Poor Ganondorf.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh if the leak is true and Darkpit is a seperate character, why shouldn't Sakurai give him his own weapons? Darkpit needs weapons either way. Hence he could get immediately his own weapons.

I would be very lucky if he would get a unique moveset.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Congrats, guys! As far as "dark" versions of main characters are concerned, I would have taken Dark Samus over Dark Pit, but I really don't mind his inclusion. Hopefully his smash attacks and Final Smash are different from Pit's! To the very least, apparently his weapon of choice isn't a bow, which is great.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Hoping he's more of a mid-range, aggressive fighter that can KO better than Pit.

Didn't expect him out of all characters, but hey, I'm cool with clones. I don't like using Pit so hopefully my little issues with him is addressed with DP.
"KO better than Pit"
Have you seen how brutal Upperdash Arm can be? And he is more of an up close fighter now

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
"KO better than Pit"
Have you seen how brutal Upperdash Arm can be? And he is more of an up close fighter now
Oh obviously I'm basing this on Brawl. No idea how much better Pit is in Smash 4 honestly.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Well, Though I would have rather had Medusa, I guess Dark Pit is confirmed... I guess I was Wrong, Huh? anyways, since Sakurai Did create Dark Pit, I'm hoping he has at least a few different moves from Pit (or at least reskin the weapons to make sense for Dark Pit). I guess the two have different enough personalities to be considered different characters (It's like a Sonic/Shadow thing, I Guess), and I Guess him being a last-minute clone is an alright extra......I still don't see What made him any different from Pit to be more than an alt, though....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Congrats on getting your character in, even though it's the most obviously biased inclusion in Smash ever.

I swear, if he's gonna be more unique than Dixie that would confirm it 1.000.000% for me that Sakurai's mindset is: his babies >>> the babies of his boss > retros >>>> everything else > Mewtwo, Ridley and King K.Rool

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Daily reminder that Ganondorf's render in Melee looked like this:

Two games from Melee, he's probably still trying to master the powers of Falcon Punch. And failing miserably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom