• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh. In Melee there was a trophy from Pit. The last sentence was: '' Will he fight ever again? '' We saw Pit was in Brawl. Then Darkpit appeared as a costume palette. Okay he was a seperate character in Kid Icarus Uprising, but this doesn't mean absolutly that Darkpit will not be playable too. Kid Icarus Uprising is not Smash Bros. Plus the picture by Hideyuki Morioka and the endscene of the Palutenatrailer. This could mean Darkpit will be in.

And the bosses... I believe Twinbellows, Pandora and Hydra are the most important ( They appeared in the first Kid Icarus game AND Uprising ). Maybe Thanatos too. He was the snake in the final battle of Kid Icarus Angel Land Story. One of the most evicence is that Palutena said to Medusa in chapter 9 Hydra, Pandora, Twinbellows and Thanatos were defeated by Pit / Palutena. They was named in the game again. I think if the Kid Icarus stage gets a boss, it will be one of them and not Darkpit.

Besides Darkpit was playable in Kid Icarus Uprising ( Light versus Dark and chapter 22 ).

And 2 characters are already assist trophys. I think they don't add more characters.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think the KI ATs we have are probably enough. Viridi is already a background element, Hades and Medusa are likely going to be stage hazard material, Phosphora and Magnus are already ATs (whom I think were popular requested KI characters). And while we could have Tempura and Eggplant Wizard as ATs, they will probably be just enemies in Smash Run, assuming Dark Pit is playable in the game of course.

And a new topic, do you think we could possibly get Pandora Claws ranged backshot as a Down Special or D-Smash? You know the attack in which Pit creates a giant attack inflicting Pandora?

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Dark Pit the Hedgehog moveset:
*Melee-Pandora's Claws (Beam claws and Tiger Claws for custom): They would be used for Dark Pit's regular melee attacks, aerials, and Smash attacks. They would provide weaker but faster hits in comparison with Pit's blades, his tilts, as well as his aerials wouldn't deal as much knockback, but would have very little recovery time, making them ideal for combos. His Smash attacks on the other hand would actually shoot a Big projectile in the form of Pandora's head, just like the Claws themself, and unlike his tilts and aerials, these would be very Powerful, but the projectile itself would travel at a relatively slow pace. His jab would be similar to Greninja's, with multiple quick hits and a relatively weak finisher.

*B-Dark Pit staff (Lancer and Somewhat staff for custom): Would be nis neutral B, it would work like a sniper rifle, like a combination of Link's bow and R.O.B's laser. This move would be great for edge guarding, and when fully charged the beams would be fast and powerful, but the hitbox itself would be really small, so it has to be aimed properly.

*^B-Pandower of flight :troll:: His recovery move, more reminiscent of Pit's recovery in Brawl, giving him freedom of moving around, but lasting less amount of time to compensate. Of course this would come with the Purple effect on his wings.

*<>B-Cursed Palm (Ninja and Aurum palm for custom): His side B. Wold work like Ganondorf's side B, with Dark Pit grabing his opponents face and blasting them with a burst of Power, unlike Ganon's this would have horizontal knockback, if used in the air this would throw the opponent downward.

*vB-Doom Canon (Twinbellows and Sonic cannon for custom): Shoots a powerful Blast downwards, just a little in front of him, the explosion destroys other projectiles within the explosion, a very powerful move and one of Dark Pit's finishers, relatively short range, it only shields from attacks coming in front of Dark Pit. If used in the air the blast goes fully vertical downwards, keeps it's power and shielding abilities, but has a lot of recovery.

*Final Smash-Lighting Chariot Strike: It would basically work as a Multiple Dragoon hit, being able to shoot the chariot 3 times in the direction chosen, it would end with a 4th horizontal strike.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i would love to see dark pit kick some ass.Manly just to hear Dark pit and Pit Pre boss battle rallying cry again

Sonsa

Smash Champion

The Dark Pit render is very interesting.
We could get Dark Pit very soon!
What? Please don't tell me you believe this. Just look at Wario! Also that Falco pic is from Subspace Emissary, Shulk is an edited Little Mac screenshot, Dr. Mario is an edited Mario ALSO why would Dr. Mario be in but Wolf out, and yeah this is all very blegh but Duck Hunt Dog is adorable. I do think Dark Pit is a secret newcomer though. Kind of like Pit's Lucina.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do believe it's a fake too. A really good fake, but still a fake.

And I do believe Dark Pit will be in, but as a costume only (with proper voice acting).

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Mh. I believe Sakurai will make more with Darkpit. He showed immediately clones like Daraen and Lucina and their moveset for example. But Darkpit is the only one character who wasn't shown in a gameplay scene. He is only in the Palutenatrailer and in the picture with Palutena, Pit and Link.

If Darkpit will be like you said, Sakurai had show him in the trailer. But he didn't.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I think Dark Pit, Lucina, and maybe some other characters were planned as great costumes with voice acting but all you have to do is make one slightly shorter or change how their sword works so why not give Dark Pit his own roster slot? I doubt they'd have him show up in Palutena's trailer if he was just going to be some glorified costume. I'm totally convinced he's a secret newcomer.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I never played Kid Icarus Uprising. Are there any moves that differentiate Dark Pit from regular put? He even LOOKS the same as Pit. At least Lucina is her own person.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I never played Kid Icarus Uprising. Are there any moves that differentiate Dark Pit from regular put? He even LOOKS the same as Pit. At least Lucina is her own person.

Yes except his personality there are many differences for example:

Darkpit has the power of the goddes Pandora. He could do with that some in SSB4. In Kid Icarus Uprising he can fly infinite with that. For Pit is that only a wish.

Or

Darkpit prefers to snipe. He has the staff of Darkpit.

In my opinion Darkpit should have powers AND weapons. Its interesting because Pit uses only his weapons and Palutena ( except her staff ) uses the powers of Kid Icarus Uprising.

99thSmashFan

Smash Rookie
I support! Dark Pit may be one of the biggest losers in Smash speculation. I feel really bad for you guys.

D

Deleted member

Apparently it was translated into something along the lines of
"There's a shadow....it's Dark Pit?! Well, he did appear in Palutena's trailer, so I wonder if he wants to join the battle?"
but I'm paraphrasing what I remember.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
I would love for Dark Pit to be in Smash.
Not only would it represent the "Light vs Dark" theme they had in KI:U but also the gamemode.
Even as a costume it could help balance the villains side of the roster.
Not to be snarky or anything, but I think Pit's playstyle is completely underwhelming.
Adding him not as a clone but as a personality would give him justification to have his own moveset.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I would love for Dark Pit to be in Smash.
Not only would it represent the "Light vs Dark" theme they had in KI:U but also the gamemode.
Even as a costume it could help balance the villains side of the roster.
Not to be snarky or anything, but I think Pit's playstyle is completely underwhelming.
Adding him not as a clone but as a personality would give him justification to have his own moveset.
A villain, even if a clone, would be great.

Smash is desperately in need of some more villians

(I'm a Dark Pit supporter btw)

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Looks like that whole Dark Pit thing in Palutena's trailer and poster image meant something after all

How would Dark Pit's palette swaps work though? I mean, he already IS a palette swap.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Looks like that whole Dark Pit thing in Palutena's trailer and poster image meant something after all

How would Dark Pit's palette swaps work though? I mean, he already IS a palette swap.
Eh, maybe like Luigi's? Simply different color combinations. From what I know they have slightly different outfits and I imagine Dark Pit would have some different animations to fit his personality more. I really think Sakurai and the team would find a way to not get the two mixed up.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Eh, maybe like Luigi's? Simply different color combinations. From what I know they have slightly different outfits and I imagine Dark Pit would have some different animations to fit his personality more. I really think Sakurai and the team would find a way to not get the two mixed up.
Lucina has the exact same animations as Marth, so I would think that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have copied animations as well. However Lucina has a mask taunt so there may be small variations.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
After the leak, I pondered about Dark Pit. And I think the two ways he could make it in are:
-Entirely new moveset to promote KIU's weaponry.
-A clone of Pit, but using the moves from Brawl Pit (the Brawl upB, the spinning bow of fowardB, downB could be Pandora's Mirror. No gliding though).
Another thing I wonder is what kind of colors would they use for Dark Pit to differentiate him enough from Pit.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I'm shocked you guys in this thread are saying that the leak is fake, especially since it would mean Dark Pit was playable.

I gotta admit, though.. the idea of Dark Pit being playable never truly crossed my mind until the leak. I've played the beginning of Kid Icarus but never made it to the part where Dark Pit is in it. I'm kind of excited about it being a possibility though.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I alway's had some confidence Pittoo would get in, as an alt at first, but then as a newcomer after the Palutena trailer.

...So, would anyone be opposed to the game referring to him as "Pittoo"? :troll:

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
I'm shocked you guys in this thread are saying that the leak is fake, especially since it would mean Dark Pit was playable.

I gotta admit, though.. the idea of Dark Pit being playable never truly crossed my mind until the leak. I've played the beginning of Kid Icarus but never made it to the part where Dark Pit is in it. I'm kind of excited about it being a possibility though.
Really? Dark Pit appears in Chapter 5.
But still though, the reason we want the leak to be fake is so that Dark Pit has more credibility than: "He's in a leak."
People don't usually like Dark Pit because he's just a color swap, yet they don't understand that, unlike regular dark versions he's his own fleshed out character.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
...So, would anyone be opposed to the game referring to him as "Pittoo"? :troll:
I wish, but that is as likely as they referring to Luigi as "Green Mario". At least I hope some silly conversations between the Kid Icarus characters when interacting with each other on their stages etc.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Really? Dark Pit appears in Chapter 5.
But still though, the reason we want the leak to be fake is so that Dark Pit has more credibility than: "He's in a leak."
People don't usually like Dark Pit because he's just a color swap, yet they don't understand that, unlike regular dark versions he's his own fleshed out character.
Wow, you've had an account since last December and you've only had 5 messages and one of them was to reply to me! lol I feel so special.

I mean, Dark Pit literally is just a palette swap. He has been separated from Pit a lot personality wise, but I would say there are many other Kid Icarus characters more deserving of a spot. The fact that he is simply a palette swap visually actually gives him more viability though, because Kid Icarus really shouldn't get a third character, but if it does, a Lucina-type clone in Dark Pit is how it will get one.. which is great!

I should apologize for that statement as I'm literally coming into a thread dedicated to proving the uniqueness the character and saying his lack of it is what will earn him a spot! =P

I do believe the leak is true, though, and I am looking forward to playing the character. You can call me a Dark Pit supporter, even if my statements are slightly backhanded.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
No need to apologize, i'm just the one who recently remembered I had an account in the first place. It's always good to criticize something that you really care for even if it is backhanded.
Dark Pit literally is just a palette swap. He's an actual clone.
Honestly, there wouldn't be any problems even if he were an assist trophy or a stage boss.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Lucina has the exact same animations as Marth, so I would think that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit have copied animations as well. However Lucina has a mask taunt so there may be small variations.
Well it makes sense for Dr. Mario to have the same animations as Mario since...they're the same person. And the excuse for Marth and Lucina is that their DNA is too similar or whatever. I imagine Dark Pit and Pit's relationship being more like Marth and Roy or Mario and Luigi. While they are similar, they all have different personalities and animations to reflect their personalities. From what I know Pit is a loyal goofy hero while Dark Pit is...an angsty clever anti-hero? I've played Fire Emblem Awakening and I think Marth's animations fit for Lucina since they're both...kinda...boring swordsmen with kinda stale personalities.

I think I'm being redundant but here's the main point/difference: Dr. Mario and Mario are the same person so same animations make sense. Marth and Lucina have pretty similar personalities so same animations AKA body language communicating their personalities makes sense. Dark Pit and Pit have pretty different personalities so I can easily see new animations much like the relationships between Mario and Luigi or Marth and Roy.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206

Like the hacked Shadow the Hedgehog in Brawl. ^^

Some gamers want to have Medusa or Hades just because they are gods...

Gods = powerfull

powerfull = victory

Is that the only reason?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Clone or not, I want the leak to be true. At least on what concerns Dark Pit, because seeing him playable in Smash would be great regardless of his implementation.

He's a lot like Lucina in the sense that he's a popular character that can easily be implemented given his similarities to an already existing character. It's easy to pander to those fanbases, and even as clones, they can provide their own gameplay style.

Color swaps don't pose a problem. Read the OP. Pit has colors focused on bright colors, whereas Dark Pit's color swaps would lean on darker color tones.

Pokemon-master

Smash Apprentice
NNID
fadi
3DS FC
0791-2291-3156
im totally for having him in as long as he is not a clone we really don't need any clones but lucina being a marth clone kind of scares me now but out of any kid Icarus rep i really do wand meduca but dark pit is cool as long as he's just not a clone

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dark pit could easily not be a clone.Especially seeing as sakurai made Kid icarus is made by sakurai and he could easily give him a unique moveset,I thik he could use the bear claws for melee moves.He can use his silver bow for long range.the violet palms for a charge shot of sorts.His orge club could be his side special.His up special his wings of course.instead of shields dark pit could use a blaster as a down special.His final smash could be his staff.He shoots an instant a kill arrow sorta like Zelda and shiek final smash from brawl.Maybe not this moveset.Actually i hope not this moveset becuase i know sakurai can do better but just showing how he could be unique and different from pit

Maikou

Smash Ace
Wow, you've had an account since last December and you've only had 5 messages and one of them was to reply to me! lol I feel so special.

I mean, Dark Pit literally is just a palette swap. He has been separated from Pit a lot personality wise, but I would say there are many other Kid Icarus characters more deserving of a spot. The fact that he is simply a palette swap visually actually gives him more viability though, because Kid Icarus really shouldn't get a third character, but if it does, a Lucina-type clone in Dark Pit is how it will get one.. which is great!

I should apologize for that statement as I'm literally coming into a thread dedicated to proving the uniqueness the character and saying his lack of it is what will earn him a spot! =P

I do believe the leak is true, though, and I am looking forward to playing the character. You can call me a Dark Pit supporter, even if my statements are slightly backhanded.
Except Dark Pit IS NOT JUST A PALLETE SWAP. There are so many annoying arguments against Dark Pit that all only ever add up to "hes a calur swep lawl"

It's ridiculous enough on Bandana Dee with the whole "generic" argument and even that does not compare to how stupid the Dark Pit "Pallete Swap" argument is.

Dark Pit is more of Pit's twin brother than his dark counterpart (which just made all the Pit/Dark Pit yaoi fics on the interenet even freakier than they already were.......), but if Mario and Luigi are any indication, being twin brothers doesn't mean they can't be seperate characters. Dark Pit is a serious-minded, no-nonsense from nobody type of character with his own powers stolen from Pandora (I also like to think he found a way to retreive Pandora's powers again after Uprising's ending) which differ greatly from Pit's powers, which come from Palutena.

Besides that, there's such a huge variety of weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising that even if Dark Pit WAS just an evil counterpart, he'd still have moveset potential and quite frankly, that's what Sakurai is after.

Like I said before, Dark Pit and Pit have different personalities. Pit is more happy-go-lucky optimist who can't resist jokes and bad puns (I also pretend the "naughty" things Pit was thinking about in Chapter 2 were things completely different the "pervert" notions most people took from it) and is everlastingly loyal to Palutena. Pit's confirmed weapons for Smash 4 are Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars.

Dark Pit is, again, a serious-minded, no-nonsense from nobody "I'm not your servant" type of character who makes snarky remarks whenever he can. He can also verbally pwn Hades just by telling him that he's ignoring him with no words past that. And again, he STOLE his powers from Pandora, giving abilities beyond Pit. Dark Pit is confirmed to canonically have a Silver Bow, Ogre Club, Viole(n)t Palm, First Blade, Dark Pit Staff, and EZ Canon, meaning it's very likely he has Pandora Claws or Tiger Claws, as well as Gemini Orbitars (You find them in the underground temple battleground, meaning he might've stashed them there).

These can easily be translated into a moveset that's very different from Pit's. Not to mention his basic stance would obviously be the more calm one from Uprising when he's holding his Silver Bow. Unlike Pit's new "fly in one direction" move, Dark Pit can have the slightly longer lasting Pandora's Flight with more control and speed than the recovery in Brawl at the exchange of one midair jump and no gliding mechanic. Dark Pit is also much more "aggro" than Pit, and we all know he's much more ferocious (though not exactly "fundamentally wicked and destructive" as Palutena would title him) than Pit, meaning his attacks would show more aggresion in the animation and his facial expressions, with a few cocky grins/smirks in some of them.

If one must have a comparison, Pit and Dark Pit are a lot like Sonic and Shadow. They may look similar, but there's no way to mistake them for each other, ESPECIALLY after playing Kid Icarus Uprising.

Honestly, I could make any number of movesets for Dark Pit and all of them would work with his personality and style. I could make a really sensible one right on the spot here, if you'd like to see just how different and diverse Dark Pit can be.

And as for Pallete Swaps for Dark Pit, well, I think these ones posted before would make them different enough. For reference, Pit:

And then Dark Pit:

Would you like to see what I can up with out of nowhere on here? I'd be ever so the most happy to oblige.
And don't you dare call me selfish or egotistical or otherwise from that, because I'm not, I just like imagining things. Plus I'm a fanfic writer with many awesome power ideas in mind, so I can't help but want to think up a reasonable working moveset for a character.

Not to mention I'm all too eager to thoroughly crush blatant arguments that don't work when you really know the character.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Am I allowed to say that I think Dark Pit is an awesome idea... for a palette swap... or maybe a boss.... or an assist trophy...... or a (pardon my swearing) stage hazard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom