• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

Skalor

Smash Apprentice
Amazing Update, cant beleive the game is nearly out soon for those in Japan, F#$!ing June for me in UK :(

Those people talking about SIZES. Surely its obvious Super Smash Bros or even nintento dont mind altering sizes, I mean look at Bowser! On Mario Galaxy he is like 3-4 Times the height of mario, in SSBB hes not even double the size. So I think if a character like Ridley was in the game, they would just scale it down.

Rash

Smash Ace
This is good. Olimar is a pretty unique character, and a fine choice because, well, he's the co-star of one of Nintendo's best newer franchises, and was one of Miyamoto's own creations.

Doesn't seem like the kind of character I'd main, but I'll definitely try him out. Characters like this and Pokemon Trainer get me excited.

Also, the music is great.

Anyone who complains about today's update, again, needs to have their head adjusted.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Amazing Update, cant beleive the game is nearly out soon for those in Japan, F#$!ing June for me in UK :(

Those people talking about SIZES. Surely its obvious Super Smash Bros or even nintento dont mind altering sizes, I mean look at Bowser! On Mario Galaxy he is like 3-4 Times the height of mario, in SSBB hes not even double the size. So I think if a character like Ridley was in the game, they would just scale it down.
not just Mario galaxy....what about Super Mario 64 when he was 6 times the size of mario? XDDDD

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
I cannot believe that he's actually a FIGHTER!! Not an AT, but a FIGHTER!! ^_^ I was expecting him the least, to be truthful. I've had dreams of him being in the game sometimes, mostly a few years back when I was obsessed with Pikmin, but I never thought it'd come true!! Now I've got THREE alternate mains if they decide to sack Mewtwo after all: PKMN Trainer, Sonic, and now Olimar!! ^_^

Dragothel

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! Glad he got in. Looks as if hes gonna be really hard to play as though. Down B: Create Pikmin?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
let me see if i get right what abilities the pikmin had in the games....i never played the 2nd but im pretty sure i kno what the white and purple pikmin did...ot not who knos XD

Red: Can withstand fire and have high attack than most pikmin
Yellow: can be thrown higher and can use bomb rocks
Blue: can go thorugh water and act as lifesaver for drowning pikmin
Purple: very heavy pikmin...cant be thrown far but they have highest attack power
White: when eaten by enemies they release a poison effect on the creature

i kno the first three are correct but was i right about Purple and White?

altir

Smash Apprentice
good to see a new character. one promblem though, i think the announce would have a hard time with his name.

this games winner is.... pikmenandcaptianolimar!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I just realized that and thank goodness, someone to in a way counter-ice climbers, basically I mean...wow a group battle Pikmen vs. Ice Climbers Charge!!!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I never doubted Olimar's inclusion. It was just so obvious (just like DeDeDe). Though his symbol is a flower and that makes me doubt Lip's chances even more.

P-Lock

Smash Rookie
This update was just awesome. I just wonder if by "scatter", if they're bringing back that one aspect of the game when some Pikmin just do whatever the hell they want and listen to you as little as possible.
Still, I like the games and am gonna love trying Olimar out.

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
Oh man. I just picked up Pikmin after Christmas because I got doubles of a cheap game, so I got some old Gamecube titles. I'm *loving* Pikmin. It's almost as if I willed him into Brawl existance! (I know this isn't true.)

Huzzah for Pikmin!

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Yahoo! Captain Olimar and Sonic were two of the Chars I had been rooting for since day one. This new update just made it ten times harder to wait for brawl!

volbound1700

Smash Master
not just Mario galaxy....what about Super Mario 64 when he was 6 times the size of mario? XDDDD
I played both Galaxy and 64 very recently (Have 64 on Virtual Counsel) and Bowser isn't that much bigger then Mario. However, that argument is dumb to keep out Ridley so I agree with your points. Plus in the Melee movie (I never played Metroid) Ridley doesn't look that much bigger then Samus, maybe a foot difference in height.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Olimar was one of my "big five", the five characters I wanted to play as the most (Isaac, Sami, Olimar, Ridley, and Ray). Seeing Olimar get in after all the naysaying by other Smash fans not only brings a tear of joy to my eye, it also gives me hope that at least a few more of my favorites will be playable.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I never said no to him, I have only said no to the ones, that I think do not fit smash bros, Wolf/Ridley/Geno all fit in the game I believe...

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
One word...Yay

Never played Pikmin sadly but whhen Brawl was first announced I had a feeling that this series was going to get some representation in the game. The character looks great and will proabily have one unique moveset. We really need an update now to get a better explanation of how he works.

And Sakurai is rightin that the song is nice.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So i assume then that the pikman can be destroyed somehow? Maybe one of each corresponds to each direction (including neutral as a direction). Which would make sense with b attacks, each one would have a different effect.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
This update was the best update since Sonic and the Stage builder... great update, in 15 days we should know pretty much all the characters... then in 32 days I will be able to buy it, I can't wait!

(BTW the music is awesome as well)

Now all I hope for is Ridley, Krystal, Gannondorf, Falcon (Semi-Confirmed), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and maby 6-8 other characters then Brawl should be perfect.

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
im kinda hoping that olimar uses the berries from pikmin 2.... the ones that turned enemies to stone or made your pikman rabid crackheads...fun times

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
Olimar should be an awesome and fun character to use...I hope he can be used competitively. And you naysayers should be quiet and be happy we have a character update, especially a newcomer!

DeChTu

Smash Apprentice
There's quite the story to this update for me. First of all on Sunday for the Monday update, I told my girlfriend that if the update was a character, it'd be Captain Falcon if it was a Veteran and Captain Olimar if it was a Newcomer. Anyway, I usually try to stay up for the updates at 1 AM (for me), but last night I was tired, so I went to bed, and my girlfriend jokingly said "Watch there be a character because you went to bed early". I went to bed at 11 AM and found myself awake at like 2 AM rolling around for an hour, I finally decided that I wasn't going to get any sleep unless I checked the update. I went down and lo and behold it WAS Captain Olimar (or at least Pikmin & Olimar (which I figured would be part of his moves anyway)).

So after I went to bed I found myself thinking about Olimar for at least an hour, because I am way too Smash obsessed. I apologize if some of these points have been addressed, I haven't read anything else yet.

1. The Kirby hat... would you get an Olimar one if you sucked up Olimar and a Pikmin one if you inhaled a Pikmin? If you inhaled Olimar, what would your B move B? If his B move is Pikmin Pluck then what would you do with them? If his B move was something else how would he use it without Pikmin unless Kirby either stole Olimar's current Pikmin or had to earn them back.

2. Does this lead to the minute possibility of Louis in Brawl? Then we could have 2 sets of brothers, the Mario Bros. and the Olimar Bros. (For those of you who didn't know Olimar is Mario backwards in Japanese O-Ri-Ma, Ma-Ri-O).

3. The Final Smash would be what... a swarm of Pikmin?

4. Do you start the battle with Pikmin... if so, 5.. 3.. 1.. or do you start the battle with absolutely none, depending on how long it takes Olimar to get them, Olimar could be an annoying character to play as.

5. Size is officially out of the question, there has been skepticism before, but if Olimar is hardly and inch tall, why stop Ridley who is TOO BIG to be in? Just size him up with Bowser.

6. If you count Sheik, Zamus, and Pokémon Trainer's 3 pokémon in his stead, Brawl is no tied with Melee's final roster count, 26. Meaning at this point, the roster can only get better than Melee. ^w^

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
One problem with that last post. HOW DO YOU HAVE A GIRL FRIEND. JK man.
Any way I think that olmar is gonna be kinda like the ice climbers with his pikman. They work together even though Olimar uses them as a weapon. Bound to be a great addition

espio87

Smash Ace
I wasn't expecting at all Olimar to be a playable character. Guess I was wrong. Still Sakurai's statement about how Olimar depends on the pikmins to attack makes me curious. I want to see him in a video to know how he fights. The music update was nice too.

BTW: this pretty much confirms that theory that was posted in the boards (I don't remember the topic) that said that Sakurai wasn't giving us good updates in december in order for nintendo to promote super mario galaxy for Christmas.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If he will be in the SSE, it'd kinda make sense if he was attacked and crashes near another SSBB character. The question is which one would he be paired up with?
Who is avaiable?

Samus, Pikachu, Lucas, Ike, PT, Sonic or Snake...

Dark Link

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Neoshade
I was indifferent when I found out he was joining. I still like more character though, even if i dont like them. Its just more to beat up =).

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
maybe for Lip it would be a different flower (^^)v
Or a block.

BTW, today's update has officially knocked my socks off. Before I came to the main page, I was expecting an AT or item update. However, when I saw the "Challenger approaching" message, I was ecstatic. I was half-expecting Ridley. And then...BOOM! I end up with someone completely unexpected! Cheers to Sakurai for giving us an interesting character.:bigthumbu

Also, I thought the music update was quite good.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Or a block.

BTW, today's update has officially knocked my socks off. Before I came to the main page, I was expecting an AT or item update. However, when I saw the "Challenger approaching" message, I was ecstatic. I was half-expecting Ridley. And then...BOOM! I end up with someone completely unexpected! Cheers to Sakurai for giving us an interesting character.:bigthumbu

Also, I thought the music update was quite good.
I'm actually glad that its someone who is unexpected cause for the 3 hours I've been awake and saw the update I've had a WTF FACE

CRAZYxGAMER

Smash Rookie
wow...

i was so fu**in surprised when i saw it...
i thought i was going to faint!!
man it's pikmin and captain olimar...
if that'a possible... then bomberman, ridley, bowser jr./shadow mario, even Geno or some one from super mario rpg has a good chance of being in this....... :lick:

Top Bottom