• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

Master WGS

Smash Lord
aww I called this for yesterdays update but it turned out to be today.
OMFGZORS, are y00 a prophet!?!?!?!?! Liek, u probly hav connecshuns 2 nintendo, rite?

(Just playing, and no, this isn't meant to be an insult towards you, but rather the people who seem to latch on to lucky guessers. =P)

Anyways, I can't say I expected this one to even happen, nor do I really think I'll ever use him. However, the more the merrier, says I. Personally, I'm a little worried as to his usefulness/how balanced he's going to be. He seems really strange (Ice Climbers, though admittedly good, are a stretch as is with two characters to control, but now we have 5+?), but I'm not saying it's hopeless. I'm just worried, I guess.

However, I'm still very VERY happy with a character update. Thought there wouldn't be anymore until the leaked info from Japan's Brawl release.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Olimar sure will be an interesting character to control. I wonder if he'll be able to release more Pikmin from under the ground.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people hate the poor guy. He wasn't my favorite, but he's a welcome addition. He isn't taking roster spots from anyone. You'll have to get used to him, haters.

edit: You think his announcement will be be bigger because of the whole chatacter drought thing? Also, is this gonna open up for the whole '3 characters a month' thing again?

peytar

Smash Journeyman
A place where no one cares about brawl but me
A solid character (not one i was personally wanting ) but at the same time he could be really interesting sakurai obviosly saw a good moveset and decided to put him in, i really like the graphics on his suit for some reason!! A GOOD WAY TO BREAK THE STRING OF NON CHARACTER UPDATES!!!

ALso in that one screen shot it looks like he's hitting mario with the pikmen or trying to!

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
he is not even half the size of a Duracell battery
u need like 50 magnifying glass just to see his shadow XDDD......

also although im glad he's in....but it was weird how his first doesnt do it for me (even though i still own it)...im not saying its bad...i just hate that that stupid 30 day time limit >.<*...but still congrats Captain Olimar and Pikmin! I SALUTE U! (^^)v

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Best update ever.
I knew he was going to be in brawl.

Wooooohoooooooooooooooo

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I new there was going to be a new character eventually,to match up the Veterans and Newcomers,but I didn't think it was going to be Captain Olimar.I have never played a Pikmin game before though.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Gimpyfish exists, that doesnt mean Bowser is a good character
The difference is that Chudat is one of the best players in the world and Gimpyfish is simply very good. The difference is further that Gimpy can only win matches by outsmarting his opponent while Chudat has other skills to fall back on when the "mindgames" fail. And THAT is because Bowser is a bad character, while the Icies are simply the hardest to use but have, on a purely theoretical level, the most potential of any character in the game.
So, no, they aren't bad.

Brandenpunk1

Smash Cadet
Thank god. . . Good update duh

Thank god Not only do I like this update becasue duh its a charactor, but becasue its a ausome WTF charactor just like pokemon trainer. Also the music is ausome, one of the best i have heard so far. I give this update a solid 9.9 out of 10

D

Deleted member

Two comments

1. I finally get the music update I wanted

2. Olimar finally meets his maker/namesake

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I knew he'd be in, but just seeing him confirmed on the Dojo got me excited for everyone, especially Pikmen fans.

Glad to see him jump in the fray. Now I really, really, REALLY want Brawl already...

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
this is great! i was expecting Olimar as a playable character, i wasn't expectig that uniqueness tho, where he has to have pikmin with him to do smash attacks and who knows what else, but i think it's awesome to have a character fight like that.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
No-one saw this coming. I was in "no more character updates" mode. Then I get hit with this. Amazing.

Now please Nintendo, Zelda's special moves!

gamer8

Smash Lord
Your signature sucks

this is great! i was expecting Olimar as a playable character, i wasn't expectig that uniqueness tho, where he has to have pikmin with him to do smash attacks and who knows what else, but i think it's awesome to have a character fight like that.
I like it that nobody saw this coming because of the lack of updates.

D

Deleted member

3 months of waiting for a character to be revealed and we got... *drum roll*: Olimar!!! OMG Best character update since Sonic!!! :bluejump:
Fixed it for you:p Okay, that's just my opinion:ohwell:

Here's my new top five

1. Sonic
2. Pit
3. Fox
4. Diddy Kong
5. Pikmin & Olimar

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well he the lames looking character since G&W but he look to be unique and way better than sukapon and stafy and im glad stafy is out now deconfirm sukapon plz

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Hot ****. Too bad this will probably be the last character update we get until release.

PS: "Olimar is just too small, he won't look right in brawl" My ***!

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
*ahem* Yeah, so what was that about being too small/large? Hehe...

Well, I can't say I expected him to be updated on the site. Nor am I complaining. But somehow his main picture bugs me. It seems somehow photoshopped... *shrug* Not to mention his Pikmin's flowers/buds look like crap ingame... Oh, well. It's nice to see Olimar. And I love the song that comes with it. Good choice, Sakurai!

Umandsf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Umandsf
3DS FC
3927-0812-7458
Switch FC
SW-0595-8375-5017
WOW! I can't believe it! This is probably near the top of my surprising updates ever! I just couldn't believe it! I can't wait to see him in action. The music is nice, too.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Totally new, unique, awesome character. I'm so happy I could cry :)
I predict his neutral or down B move plucking up Pikmin. Each smash and some B moves will require 1-2 Pikmin to do. This is a stretch but what if the color of the Pikmin is random(mabye a % or stock modifier) and the color will have a slight effect on the moves (more purple=more damage, more white=faster)

ooooOO I can't wait to use them in battle.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
This gives new hope for Ridley.
Too big for Brawl my as$ :p

I must admit, I was never a fan of Olimar in Brawl, but Sakurai has really converted me. He looks very unique, and looks like he's going to be a fun character to learn how to master.

Still, a part of me wishes it was Ridley, or Krystal today.

Top Bottom