• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Just a reminder to everyone. the next game in the series "Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
" will be released in NA on Feb 16th, 2010! Can't wait!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I ******* got to get all the series.
:mad:
Or you can play all of them that came out on emulator, saves a lot of trouble... unless you don't have a mic, which means you can't play Case five on the first Phoenix Wright or Case 2 on Apollo Justice unless there's another way.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Or you can play all of them that came out on emulator, saves a lot of trouble... unless you don't have a mic, which means you can't play Case five on the first Phoenix Wright or Case 2 on Apollo Justice unless there's another way.
Can't you press 'select' instead of using the mic?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*EPIC BUMP!*

Any Objections To Phoenix Wright On The Wii? (RUMOR, NOT OFFICIAL!!!!!)

http://kotaku.com/5397441/any-objections-to-phoenix-wright-on-the-wii

"Germany's Unterhaltungssoftware Selbstkontrolle (USK), the country's ratings board, have let slip a listing for an upcoming Phoenix Wright title. For the Wii.

There's not much more to it than that, other than the name "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney"

Will have to wait for a more official announcement. Judging by the title, though, don't go holding your breath for a new game, or a collection. This is probably just a straight-up port of the existing PC version of Ace Attorney."

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Wait what? PC version of Pheonix Wright?

Hopefully it wouldn't be a Trauma Center where it's just a port of the DS game. But then again, that sold well enough for a brand new game, so...:)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
If they add a new case I'm sold.

Otherwise, I'll be disappointed. Other than Melee, this is probably my favourite game of the last decade, but I still won't buy a direct port of it.

Good for people that haven't played it yet though :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Wait what? PC version of Pheonix Wright?

Hopefully it wouldn't be a Trauma Center where it's just a port of the DS game. But then again, that sold well enough for a brand new game, so...:)
lol don't worry, they're only ports of the GBA and DS versions. Nothing new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ace_Attorney#Gameplay

"Daletto and Capcom have partnered to bring the three Nintendo Gameboy Advance and DS games to Microsoft Windows as episodic content in Japan; the first game, for example, is broken into 17 episodes and only includes the original four chapters from the first game. The games were released between March and May 2008. At the present time, Capcom has not announced plans to bring these to other regions."

I for one would be very excited if they did release a Phoenix Wright game on the Wii so I could yell "OBJECTION!" when I play or slam my Wii-mote down on the table or point it at the TV lol.

EDIT: It might be coming to WiiWare.

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/11/phoenix_wright_ace_attourney_c.php

"In today's gift from the German USK rating system it has revealed that the Phoenix Wright might be on its way to WiiWare."

EDIT 2: This is a screenshot of the Japanese PC port, which gives us an idea of what a Wii version could look like:

:)

D

Deleted member

Has anyone noticed that Phoenix Wright is one of the only recent games in the adventure genre? I wish that there were more games like it.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, we need more of these kinds of games. Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, and Flower, Sun, and Rain just aren't enough. =/

:069:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Ok, I know this has nothing to do with the Phoenix Wright series but I got really excited when I heard and read about this.

Rumor: Hotel Dusk sequel coming to DS in Japan early next year

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/12/rumor-hotel-dusk-sequel-coming-to-ds-in-japan-early-next-year/
http://kotaku.com/5403343/the-mystery-deepens-in-possible-hotel-dusk-sequel

"The blog Sinobi seems to have found some retail listings for two new Nintendo games due in the first quarter of 2010 in Japan. Last Window: Mayonaka no Yakusoku (Last Window: Midnight Promise) is a sequel to CING's DS adventure game, Hotel Dusk, set in Los Angeles in the 1980s. It will apparently be out in Japan on January 14!"

EDIT: Day one purchase for the Hotel Dusk sequel! :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd buy a Hotel Dusk sequel on day one. I love Hotel Dusk. I just wish it had more replay value like different routes/paths.
And I'm still waiting for Edgeworth's DS game. 3 months is still far away.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess I should look into Hotel Dusk. In the mean time, I'll just have high hope for Phoenix Wright for Wiiware. I can't help but shake that the story might go off track since Apollo Justice came out and all.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Investigate a Flash demo of Miles Edgeworth's new game

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/12/investigate-a-flash-demo-of-miles-edgeworths-new-game/

"Like it has for past Ace Attorney games, Capcom has prepared a demo of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. This demo seems even more relevant than past offerings, since aspects of the game other than the names on the text windows have changed. This demo will give you the opportunity to examine Edgeworth's office with the new point-and-click interface, connect evidence with the new "Logic" system, and become impatient with Detective Gumshoe."

EDIT: I broke the demo. DO NOT present your prosecutor's badge to Detective Gumshoe or the entire bottom screen of the DS will turn black and you won't be able to do anything!

Grr...now I have to restart the demo. :(

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Awesome game, this one and Trauma Center, except can't beat the samurai trial, T.T

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware)

Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) (Wiiware)
-December 15
-Wii version of GS/PW 1 releasing on Wiiware for 900 Points
-2 releasing on January 26, and 3 releasing February 23, both for 1200 points
-Additional scenario (5th case) coming on March 16 for 300 points

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: I broke the demo. DO NOT present your prosecutor's badge to Detective Gumshoe or the entire bottom screen of the DS will turn black and you won't be able to do anything!

Grr...now I have to restart the demo. :(
Bahaha, I guess Edgeworth would rather destroy the world than become Phoenix.

Famitsu 11/19/09 - Phoenix Wright (Wiiware)

Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) (Wiiware)
-December 15
-Wii version of GS/PW 1 releasing on Wiiware for 900 Points
-2 releasing on January 26, and 3 releasing February 23, both for 1200 points
-Additional scenario (5th case) coming on March 16 for 300 points
...Bah.

Now I'm torn between getting them and giving Nintendo money yet again for three games I already have, or not buying them...

I guess I'll have to see how it pans out, i.e. what improvements there are.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Phoenix Wright Pleads WiiWare

http://kotaku.com/5407186/phoenix-wright-pleads-wiiware

" it's nice to get confirmation (via the latest issue of Famitsu) that Phoenix Wright is on its way to the Wii.

The series will be released on Nintendo's WiiWare service, with Ace Attorney out in Japan on December 15 (and going for 900 Points). It'll be followed by Justice for All (January 26) and Trials and Tribulations (February 23), both of which will cost a little more at 1200 points.

Finally, on March 16, the fifth case of Ace Attorney - which can only be found in the DS version of the game - will be released separately, for 300 Points. And if it's being released separately, guess that means these are ports of the PC version. Which makes sense.

No word yet, obviously, on a Western release. Stay tuned."

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Phoenix Wright summoned for duty on WiiWare this January

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/18/phoenix-wright-summoned-for-duty-on-wiiware-this-january/

"As revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu, Capcom is bringing its three Phoenix Wright "courtroom battle" games to Nintendo's WiiWare service. Today the publisher confirmed that the releases will be making their way to the US beginning in January. Capcom intends to release the games every other month (January, March and May) for 1,000 Wii Points ($10) apiece, with "Rise from the Ashes," the extra case added to the DS Ace Attorney, arriving as DLC in May for 100 Wii Points ($1).

The first game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, is a port of the original Game Boy Advance title -- and, like the two subsequent WiiWare editions, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations, remains unchanged from its original release (read: same graphics, sound, dialog) save for the ability to swing the Wii Remote out (as in the image above, which is one-off, non-sprite art) to object and present evidence to the court. They'll all be presented in widescreen, but the actual gameplay only takes up a 4:3 area on top of an animated background. Nevertheless, the games are still superb, and at $10 with the ability to play them on the big screen you won't hear any objections from us."

Phoenix Wright WiiWare Preview: Throwing Out Objections

http://kotaku.com/5407608/phoenix-wright-wiiware-preview-throwing-out-objections

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Capcom porting Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney to iPhone

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/03/capcom-porting-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-to-iphone/

"The Wii isn't the only new venue into which Phoenix Wright is expanding his legal business. Today, at the Apple Store in Ginza, Capcom revealed a version of the first Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for iPhone and iPod Touch. It uses the same unaltered Game Boy Advance graphics that have graced the DS and WiiWare versions, along with new "flick"-based controls."

Awesome! :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Can I just ask why they're so intent on porting it to EVERY SYSTEM POSSIBLE now?

It's cool enough, don't get me wrong, but I don't see why they keep porting it to other systems rather than just working on a new Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure they're only porting it to every system possible to allow everyone a chance to try and play the game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell everyone here that there's another demo for the new Edgeworth game on the Wii channel.

2 more days omg!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yup, I can't wait. Going to pick it up as soon as I can.
Too bad we're not getting a pre-order bonus this time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I got it, but I'm so busy with other things that I haven't opened it yet.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Several characters make an appearance as well.

Franziska von Karma, Ema Skye, Maggey Byrde and even Sal Menela! More too, I think.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Miles Edgeworth on my R4 :bee:
On the 2nd case right now.

T&T, the best game of the trilogy. Last case was epic. Godot ftw

Also, I approve of this thread. PW is the best game series on the DS :)

Top Bottom