• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Wright series (Ace Attorney Trilogy now on 3DS)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Taken from court-records.net

"The Ace Attorney Orchestra took place in Japan today, and you can see all sorts of nifty pictures and such in this thread by JapaneseGIRL. But here's the short version:

Attendees got a whole bunch of goodies, including a pamphlet with various character art, a bag of Ema's snackoos (Japanese fried dough cakes), and a GS tumbler. A CD of the concert will be available July 16th, while the concert DVD not until October 30.

The Gyakuten Kenji trailer was shown displaying a new character, whose name is still not yet known. If you've got a sharp eye you can see several old GS charcters flash by at the end, including Wendy Oldbag, Cody Hackins, Will Powers, The Bellboy, Adrian Andrews, Franziska von Karma, and a young Ema Skye. Oldbag can also be seen in this somewhat strange screenshot of Edgeworth speaking to a Dolphin...?

No news yet on GS5, but it looks like they have confirmed that Gyakuten Kenji will not have a trial portion.

There are also some nice stills over at Gpara.

We'll be keeping our eye on the official GK homepage for when the trailer shows up.

Thanks again to JapaneseGIRL for providing us with so much info!"

Links: http://www.famitsu.com/fwtv/?51214777
http://www.court-records.net/screenshot/kenji/mysterygirl.jpg
http://www.gpara.com/pickupnews/news/080420_gyakuten/index.php

D

Deleted member

You guys members of court-records?

As you can tell from my avatar I really like Phoenix Wright, but it makes me laugh because of it's legal system. I would award it one of the funniest games in my memory.

My favorite game so far is Trials and Tribulations.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yes, the Phoenix Wright legal system is a travesty that spits upon every legal tradition ever established.

I still like it, although I find it a bit unfair that you are given less than 3 days to prove your client is innocent, and to do so you must pin the blame on someone else with proof much more undeniable than the evidence against your client.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Well I'll say if Judge Judy was in this game, Phoenix client's would be fount gulity in one day. XD

Anyways, I really like this game seires, just that Psyche locks can be a pain though, IMO.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Really enjoyable series...So sad it's just a come-and-go one, though.
---
^^^ Witch is a *****. Arle forever.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Really enjoyable series...So sad it's just a come-and-go one, though.
---
^^^ Witch is a *****. Arle forever.
Well true, if the sieries had more things to do when you beat the game, it would be a lot better. Maybe if they make this game Wifi or what not... maybe.

Also, I see you have eye for Puyo Puyo, it's good to see another fan on this board, but Witch is a better character than Arle. =P

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I got Apollo Justice recently and I've just got to the 4th case.

I've never played any other games in the series, but I am really enjoying- definitely my favourite DS game.
Was it just me, or did other people have trouble with the final mixing board section right at the end of the 3rd case? I spent around 30 minutes on that before looking at a walkthrough. I also felt that the 3rd case dragged on for far to long.

I learned one vital lesson- save often. I got 3/4 of the way through the 1st case, then lost the case without saving. I had to go through it all again XD.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Case 1, Game 2: When you think about it, common sense could've solved that case.
---
Yes, Viper, I loved Puyo Puyo.

Check youtube.com/kosukekga

I have top notch videos of when I played competitively.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Wait, no trial portion? But thats the best part...

Seriously, whats the fun of being a prosecutor if you can't prosecute?
I second this...what else are you going to do? Is it just going to be traveling around collecting evidence?

I still need to get Trials & Tribulations, Apollo Justice, and beat Justice For All as well as those two, though, so I probably won't be getting this for a while.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I second this...what else are you going to do? Is it just going to be traveling around collecting evidence?

I still need to get Trials & Tribulations, Apollo Justice, and beat Justice For All as well as those two, though, so I probably won't be getting this for a while.
Apollo Justice is the best one in the series IMO.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Apollo Justice is the best one in the series IMO.
I'd agree, but I tend to like strongly interesting characters, in some cases so much as to overlook gameplay in preference for that quality. I'd say that the original has some of the most interesting important characters, but Trials and Tribulations has a really great surprise for Edgey fans in the last case.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Dahlia Hawthorne is the best villian in the whole series. She did a whole lot of crazy **** in T&T, even after her own death, that's epic.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Dahlia Hawthorne is the best villian in the whole series. She did a whole lot of crazy **** in T&T, even after her own death, that's epic.
I didn't like her personally. She was too much of a manipulative *****. In fact, her recurrence is the reason why the game wasn't my favorite in the series (also I disliked the multiple flashbacks).

Manfred Von Karma, on the other hand, was my favorite villian, but that might just be the hype behind him that helped me form my opinion. I played Justice for All first, which made me really interested in finding out who the original Von Karma was.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If this game and those collectors addition don't come out for the US, I will hate them for a long time. >.>

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I want a Phoenix Wright Wii. Always been interested in the series, but no DS for me.
That'd be awesome. You would slam your Wiimote down on your table and yell "HOLD IT!" or point it in a direction and yell out "OBJECTION!". :p

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Eureka? Well at least Objection and Take that are still there. Love it though, can't wait ^^

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I really hop they don't rely to strongly on the new sprite system. I really liked how the previous games used the portrait style sprites for all the conversations.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If they haven't rely on Mario & Luigi RPG 3 then I'm sure they won't do this to this game. Also, MUST KNOW WHEN THIS GAME COME'S OUT!!!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Now I lost interest in waiting now. I guess when I get board of Puyo Puyo 7 or Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story maybe I'll be more excited for Ace Attorney Investigation. So far, me getting board of Puyo Puyo will not happen for a while... a long while. =/

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Where can I find T&T and Apollo Justice? I can't seem to find them anywhere (without ordering them)

D

Deleted member

Where can I find T&T and Apollo Justice? I can't seem to find them anywhere (without ordering them)
I've got the same problem. You might get lucky and find it used at Gamestop, but if it's not there you're gonna have to order it.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well the only Phoenix Wright game I have is Trials and Tribulations ( how ever it is spelled) and that spinoff ( I think it is a spinoff) Apollo Justice. I finished Apollo Justice and I am in the middle of playing Trials and Tribulations.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Apollo Justice is part of the series. Ace Attorney Investigation: Miles Edgeworth however is going to be a spinoff.... an awesome spinoff. =3

Top Bottom