• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pacific West PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)

How did you like the last PGG Tournament?

• Cool but them weebs are WEAK

• I don't know how you could make it better!

• Meh..

• Your tournaments are like Bayonetta and should be banned

• Get that dank stank outta there man!

Results are only viewable after voting.
PGG's 8 Monthly Smash Attack! (No Customs!)
Posted by Bkomel
700 alquire Parkway. Hayward, Ca. 94544
Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 10:00 AM
Until: Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Los_Angeles)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Los_Angeles

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Tournament starts around 12:30. Free play starts around 10:00 so feel free to come earlier to warm up or play casually with people
Thanks for the quick response help! Also FudgeBro, the tournament usually ends around 6-7 and freeplay will go on after that

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Just watched the video from last tournament.
Noticed there's a frikin human pigeon who mains D3.

*dons sunglasses* A new challenger approaches.

...(if I can make it, that is. I'll try!)
If you go, I'll be watching. (I too main D3)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Dedede is no match for Cloud.
Oh ye of little faith ~ but really though, cloud and dedede have fairly similar attacks, so as a D3 main, cloud is never a huge threat to me. for me it's a good pikachu, toon l0nk, or corrin that gets me

a bird

Smash Rookie
Oh ye of little faith ~ but really though, cloud and dedede have fairly similar attacks, so as a D3 main, cloud is never a huge threat to me. for me it's a good pikachu, toon l0nk, or corrin that gets me
cloud is a huge friggin problem and because the skill curves are so different, bad clouds can beat good dedede's and it's HUMILIATING.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
How many people attend this tournament on average?
There are always a little more people than entrants, but the stats are: Lowest ever 16 entrants, highest 34 entrants, last time 34 entrants. I expect at least as much as last time.

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Good news; as of now, it's a go for me! I'll probably be bringing a friend too.

There are a few questions that we have, though:
1. Is the entry fee for Singles also $5?
2. Does third place get their choice of amiibo, or do you have a mystery amiibo as a prize?
3. Are there any banned teams for Doubles?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing / playing you all next week!

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Good news; as of now, it's a go for me! I'll probably be bringing a friend too.

There are a few questions that we have, though:
1. Is the entry fee for Singles also $5?
2. Does third place get their choice of amiibo, or do you have a mystery amiibo as a prize?
3. Are there any banned teams for Doubles?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing / playing you all next week!
1. Correct, $5 venue fee, $5 singles fee, $5 per person for teams
2. Palutena or marth, choice
3. Nope, just curious though, why do you ask that?

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
Just curious though, why do you ask that?
Some tournaments ban G&W or Villager + characters with energy-based or strong projectiles due to bucket/pocket exploits. Although my friend and I aren't planning on using such a team, we do wanna check to see if it's a thing we may have to deal with.

Last edited:

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
Some tournaments ban G&W or Villager + characters with energy-based or strong projectiles due to bucket/pocket exploits. Although my friend and I aren't planning on using such a team, we do wanna check to see if it's a thing we may have to deal with.
Oh boy that is not needed please don't even make me think about it

D

Deleted member

Ohhhhh the venue fee is to come inside? Oh well, that just means I'll benefit more from the first place pot. ;)

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I see. Although we don't ban it I haven't seen it done yet

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
There's a week left, I still need about 2 more set ups. Can anyone be a knight in armor this venue?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Wait I thought you don't use the venue fee towards the first place and second place pot prize
correct. The venue fee goes towards paying for the place and for upgrading equipment or obtaining it. The pot is determined by the tournament fee.

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
O
correct. The venue fee goes towards paying for the place and for upgrading equipment or obtaining it. The pot is determined by the tournament fee.
Oh ok it just the way you responded back it seemed like the venue fee was being added to the pot

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
IDK if anyone noticed or is interested, but the listing has been updated to be more current and professional

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Also, palutena and marth amiibo confirmed

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
IDK if anyone noticed or is interested, but the listing has been updated to be more current and professional
Are you also planning on using something like challonge to help out with setting up/progressing with the bracket?

Also, I'm assuming Grand Finals are the only Bo5 sets from the sounds of it and the winner won't be able to switch characters between games within a set?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Are you also planning on using something like challonge to help out with setting up/progressing with the bracket?

Also, I'm assuming Grand Finals are the only Bo5 sets from the sounds of it and the winner won't be able to switch characters between games within a set?
Yes I plan on using Tio.pro for brackets as it splits people bt carpool first. I detest times i fight my bro first.

Losers, winners, and Grand will be best of five. I Figure the winner will be better chosen this way, and it will help highlight the hype that is finals

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869

Also, I jokingly made a crew, PGG, and immortal part made it. but if anyone deserves it, it's you. So I'd be glad to waive your tournament fee, and if you bring your set up, it'd make it a free event for you!

Winner-Bit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twistbit
3DS FC
1977-0793-0839
It's looking really nice now! Good job cleaning it up. One question though. It says that the first prize is 60% of the pot, second prize is 30%, and third prize is an amiibo. Where's the other 10%? Did the amiibo replace it, and therefore it should be 10% + amiibo?

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
It's looking really nice now! Good job cleaning it up. One question though. It says that the first prize is 60% of the pot, second prize is 30%, and third prize is an amiibo. Where's the other 10%? Did the amiibo replace it, and therefore it should be 10% + amiibo?
The ten percent go towards paying for the amiibo

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
I
Also, I jokingly made a crew, PGG, and immortal part made it. but if anyone deserves it, it's you. So I'd be glad to waive your tournament fee, and if you bring your set up, it'd make it a free event for you!
Id like to join I can prove my worth to you

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I

Id like to join I can prove my worth to you
haha so far there's only one person officially in it, and it's given to those who not only show up often, but also surprise us. Keep coming and you'll be asked. (Really though it's a joke as of now)

ShadowB13

Smash Cadet
NNID
broski989
3DS FC
5172-2466-6884
haha so far there's only one person officially in it, and it's given to those who not only show up often, but also surprise us. Keep coming and you'll be asked. (Really though it's a joke as of now)
Ive been going since since the one in February so thats one thing checked off for now
Next time on Dragon Ball Z I will prove my worth I will do mad disrespect if necessary

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
Ive been going since since the one in February so thats one thing checked off for now
Next time on Dragon Ball Z I will prove my worth I will do mad disrespect if necessary
Great...... In 5 minutes, the planet will be destroyed! (12 episodes later). But immortal and tree have been here since August

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
so, just as a measure of safety, Who is bringing a set up and tv? I'd like to have about 7 this time (Wii-u, melee extra)

Bleh13R

Smash Rookie
so, just as a measure of safety, Who is bringing a set up and tv? I'd like to have about 7 this time (Wii-u, melee extra)
I should be able to bring a setup. And if the offer is open, I'll join the crew. I just hope that its not a cult in disguise and you've just been hiding the kool-aid in the back this whole time waiting.

Bkomel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bkomel
3DS FC
3668-9450-4869
I should be able to bring a setup. And if the offer is open, I'll join the crew. I just hope that its not a cult in disguise and you've just been hiding the kool-aid in the back this whole time waiting.
Oh.... so you don't want to go to Guyana?..........

Top Bottom